Kickstarter Goals about Animals: Dog Gone It!

ZombieToad

I like to think of AU.

Always Updating.

Things in the game will change for progress and it is a great concept and is a great game and i trust will be a fantastic when its finished.

Anyway i apologise for my not funny humour as that part was a serious discussion.

So ZT just ignore what i said as i was trying to be funny and i was not funny and even if i where it was at a inappropriate time.

So, wait a minute.

Kickstarter goals state cats and dogs, not zombie dogs, zombie bears are listed but not zombie dogs.

And just because they added something different that means they can get out of their self stated obligations? Nice try Roland but I don't think so.

Kickstarter is there to be listing what will be in the game - and when it's gaining funds from people, even avoiding one thing is to some degree receiving money for partial dishonesty.

But that isn't what I'm saying, like I said, maybe we ill be treated to some new animals in A17, or at least in the future. And THIS is PRECISELY why both myself and others have requested Dev>Customer interaction.

Only the Devs can tell us definitive information (even if it is subject to change.) So Roland is either trolling again, or he is privvy to some information that we aren't.

I'm not buying the cat>snake thing either. That's like the devs saying we are going to be given an R.V with the space slot for a bed / act as a mobile storage/ spawn point and then giving us nothing more than a broken down mini with a box strapped to the roof that you can place a bedroll beside.

Sure it is in the same vein but come on.

I have lived and worked in Asia for the last 7 years and believe me, feral cats and dogs seem to have no problems not only surviving but overpopulating the place.

And Roland, again, animals that turn into zombies. Zombie dogs do not turn into zombies, they sort of are, you know, like their name suggests.

@Graphite, I misunderstood your point in your post. I would also like to state that I am not expecting to see skins for every breed of dog, not even for 10 breeds. One or two would be nice (two is pushing it). We already have nothing more than 1 skin of this World Dominating Doberman lol.

I do understand why you made the point though, skinning a lot would use needed resources. So even though it wasn't my idea (this multiskinning), you make a fair point.

First of all Sorry for my bad english but i want to say a thing or two about that.

As developer (not games) i do several proposals to people who want software like apps, i say to that people some feature i want to do in that app, the people acept the work and then i have a trouble with the feature, i can't do the feature or i can see that feature is useless on that app so i don't put the feature on the app i explain to the client and they smile and pay anyway.

They did a kickstarter they say some cool features to the people, people payed for the game they work on the game and have a trouble with that feature like cats are ♥♥♥♥ing useless, but we can add snakes for more intense survival they add that feature and discard the cat, you can complain obviusly but they don't gonna to do the cat for you.

@ZT i would avoid this shortcut "Dev>Customer" it doesnt parse to your advantage as a shortcut token in the binary search tree it maybe true in some skillset aspects but we are all human beings.

Do you understand diffusion as a form of sarcasm.

I dont follow the rule allways but the package should contain some useful info in.

I will unwind the stack

> Greater than

>> pipe (bad term but it was all i had)

I admit i get things wrong alot but i try to learn from my mistakes , i say this as damage control as i possibly got something wrong.

I literally didnt understand a word of that o.0

You are wrong on this, sir. Roland has stated in the past that he sits in on dev & design meetings and as such, he most certainly can tell us definitive information if Richard/Joel give him the go-ahead. He definitely has information we don't.

-A

Erm, did I not say:

Only the Devs can tell us definitive information (even if it is subject to change.) So Roland is either trolling again, or he is privvy to some information that we aren't.

Yet another misread quote of mine.

People really are getting bold in trolling these days arent they?

Erm, did I not say:

Only the Devs can tell us definitive information

Yet another misread quote of mine.

People really are getting bold in trolling these days arent they?

No, I neither misread it nor am I trolling. You stated only the devs can share the info, and I corrected you. I then further expounded on a tangent confirming your hypothesis that he has information we don't.

If anyone is trolling, it's you.

-A

There is no battle or debate here ZT.

It doesn't matter what the kickstarter goal literally says. Not only are cats and dogs NOT going to live with each other but there will be no cats and no dogs. TFP like to joke around and that line was a joke. There are zombie dogs which are dogs that did become zombies previous to us starting the game. It happened off camera. Same with the bears and the vultures. Not all animals will have zombie counterparts.

I'm not arguing with you over interpretation here. I'm telling you that there will be no Mountain Lions, Dogs, or cats unless the developers change their current plan. They opted for other creatures instead. Plus we have more than the strictly literal number of animals promised so the goal is fulfilled in their mind. They have met the obligation. They are focused elsewhere.

You want to force the devs to stick to what they literally said? That means a lot of cool stuff going bye bye then...

Better to just accept that "Animals turn into zombies" means "Zombie versions of some of the animals" because that is in fact what it means.

Where to start...

First there shouldn't be kickstarter goals if they aren't going to be met. Guppy said that some are subject to change, if thats the case then why have any goals to start with instead of just 'Heres a bunch of ideas'?

People buy into games because of these goals, and they are called goals for a reason. Listed there so companies can get money from people that these 'goals' appeal to and therefore expect to be met. If you have a problem with that then infact YOU need to go and give The Pimps a kick up the arse for stating things that won't be included.

Second of all noone is arguing, I am just making observations. Do you think kickstarter goals are places to be making secret jokes? I dont think so, it's dishonest, and not everyone that plays this game is even English or American by nationality, so that 'joke' is likely lost on many a player.

Third, no of course I dont want, and even if I could - wouldnt try to force the devs to do anything (except maybe give us more bug fix progress updates :p) and lets suppose I could, would, and did.

What would go bye bye? The devs have a list of things to be included, how would adding things make other things go bye bye? I have no experience or knowledge of any limit to what games can add, so I am genuinely ignorant on this subject, therefore it would be nice for you to clarify what you mean.

Fourth, and final point, you say that I should just:

...'accept that "Animals turn into zombies" means "Zombie versions of some of the animals" because that is in fact what it means.'

If that's the case then why isn't it explicitly stated, instead of being dishonestly, slyly, or incorrectly worded by the people making the game?

Don't you think that's a fair question?

Anyway, I'm liking the dialogue. Non hostile and at least I'm finally mining some information out of you. ;)

No, I neither misread it nor am I trolling. You stated only the devs can share the info, and I corrected you. I then further expounded on a tangent confirming your hypothesis that he has information we don't.

If anyone is trolling, it's you.

-A

Let me try this again.

Only the devs can give us information <------- My statement, which continues:

So EITHER <------- (important word) Roland is trolling OR <------- (Another important word) HE IS PRIVVY TO SOME INFORMATION THAT WE AREN'T.

Therefore: If Roland isn't trolling, and is privvy to information that we aren't (that is info from the devs), then the devs AREN'T the only ones who can give us difinitive information.

That is implicit in what I said, nice dishonesty again too in leaving out half my statement.

If you would simply read the forum instead making asumptions you would know that roland has access to (the most/much) TFP plans and chatter. Means he definatly know things the community dont.

But he is not autorized to tell us all of that. So he share knowledge if he can.

So instead of try to analyze every single word to death.

How about staying cool and join the (actuall mostly) trivial discussion.

Not every word need to contain hard facts. But if you read the discussion for a few month you get a good impression what happens behind the grand drape.

And if you mean that the development is to slow, simply bring yourself in.

* Testplay experimentals

* Testplay and make worthfull high quality Bugreports

* Make mods

* Test mods

* Actualize the Wiki

* Play multiplayer and act like a Gentleman

Why are we even responding to zt.

Obviously he/she is just here to cause annoyance. Ignore it and it will go away.

None of the posts zt has done has had anything other then .... OH GIVE ME ATTENTION GIVE ME ATTENTION.

Seriously other then at abusing others. Falsely stating misinformed or misinterpreted statements etc zts posts are nothing more then a waste of time to read. Time we will never get back.

Zt obviously doesn't understand alphas nor how a game is made etc and seems absolutely 0 knowledge on anything outside of zts small world.

Sheesh lol

Btw at if you want cats and dogs in the game you know you can always hmmmm you know 'MOD IT'S.

Let me try this again.

Only the devs can give us information <------- My statement, which continues:

So EITHER <------- (important word) Roland is trolling OR <------- (Another important word) HE IS PRIVVY TO SOME INFORMATION THAT WE AREN'T.

Therefore: If Roland isn't trolling, and is privvy to information that we aren't (that is info from the devs), then the devs AREN'T the only ones who can give us difinitive information.

That is implicit in what I said, nice dishonesty again too in leaving out half my statement.

I left off the half of the statement I wasn't addressing with my reply. I didn't feel it necessary to include since my focus wasn't on the parts you had already highlighted.

Your opening statement is false, full stop. As such, your conclusions are meaningless. You could have said "Only developers can give us information. Therefore the sky is orange." and it would have logically been true, but factually false.

More to the issue at hand, they are inflammatory and combative, as is the accusation of trolling and dishonesty.

Enjoy your stay on the forums.

-A

If you would simply read the forum instead making asumptions you would know that roland has access to (the most/much) TFP plans and chatter. Means he definatly know things the community dont.

But he is not autorized to tell us all of that. So he share knowledge if he can.

So instead of try to analyze every single word to death.

How about staying cool and join the (actuall mostly) trivial discussion.

Not every word need to contain hard facts. But if you read the discussion for a few month you get a good impression what happens behind the grand drape.

And if you mean that the development is to slow, simply bring yourself in.

* Testplay experimentals

* Testplay and make worthfull high quality Bugreports

* Make mods

* Test mods

* Actualize the Wiki

* Play multiplayer and act like a Gentleman

Most/much does not mean all. TFP may well have a lot of info that they don't want even Roland to know about, because that may just be banter between themselves, off hand ideas that may lead to the consideration of concept and make it into meetings.

It's not my job, neither is it yours, nor anyone elses, to just assume people know things.

Why do you think I am asking questions and not just 'demanding' Roland spill the beans on everything?

Why are we even responding to zt.

Obviously he/she is just here to cause annoyance. Ignore it and it will go away.

None of the posts zt has done has had anything other then .... OH GIVE ME ATTENTION GIVE ME ATTENTION.

Seriously other then at abusing others. Falsely stating misinformed or misinterpreted statements etc zts posts are nothing more then a waste of time to read. Time we will never get back.

Zt obviously doesn't understand alphas nor how a game is made etc and seems absolutely 0 knowledge on anything outside of zts small world.

Sheesh lol

Btw at if you want cats and dogs in the game you know you can always hmmmm you know 'MOD IT'S.

You go away will you.

I'm not interested in causing anyone annoyance, neither am I abusing anyone, nor am I falsely stating anything within my knowledge, I am asking questions to avoid misinterpretation, I in fact have NO idea how games are made (Which I have already made quite clear) and your 'mod it' comment is obvious flame bait.

Nothing of what you said contains any decent argument, none of what you said is on topic other than your flame bait (which barely touches anything about the game other than a proposed vehicle by which to enter 'new' content), and acting like my posts aren't worth reading doesn't give your post any weight or relevance.

People have the right to post here, people also have the right to read it and decide for themselves what is relevant and what isn't. That isn't your job.

Troll elsewhere.

I would love too see either Jungle or Swamp flora... and a mud texture!

That woud be great, it would give snakes another home, what other animals would you suggest?

Be careful Tin, this is a hot topic at the moment xD

Forest flora would be a nice other place for staple fruits or maybe veg of some sort too?

I left off the half of the statement I wasn't addressing with my reply. I didn't feel it necessary to include since my focus wasn't on the parts you had already highlighted.

Your opening statement is false, full stop. As such, your conclusions are meaningless. You could have said "Only developers can give us information. Therefore the sky is orange." and it would have logically been true, but factually false.

More to the issue at hand, they are inflammatory and combative, as is the accusation of trolling and dishonesty.

Enjoy your stay on the forums.

-A

Again, I will say only this.

I won't insult the intelligence of the other forum users who can plainly see what I have said, and highlighted.

And you talk about logic? The sky has nothign to do with the development team of 7D, Roland has everything to do with the game considering he plays it, mods the forums, and like we have now come to get a better understanding of, directly involved with the devs.

You won't provoke me into being abusive to you either, if that's what your comments are aiming to achieve.

Stay away from my posts, thanks.

Quick Edit: I can see that at least the last 5 posts you've made have had nothing to do with the game by means of productivity or suggestion.

And I would get on your case about me supposedly declaring 'Trolland don't know ♥♥♥♥,' but that would rely on you actually quoting me correctly, which I think the community can see you obviously haven't done with any honesty.

I also wonder why theres so much bitching and hostility on these forums with people acting like they're better than others.

No matter what we know or what we don't we are all members of a diverse community, different backgrounds, nationalities, experience, and that's what *should* make this interesting.

But instead we get trolls, flame baiters, and those with superiority complexes, and people like yourself just looking for arguments.

Let me state for the final time, I am asking questions. If anyone thinks Ive stepped out of line then dont be a ♥♥♥♥. Just bring it to the fore for some discussion.

Is that too difficult? Or do posts that make you upset just become ammunition to shoot down any further commentry in your superior declaration that my posts arent worth responses?

Get over yourself mate, and realise theres more than you here. Let's all get along nicely if we can, ey?

/in before ZT = Hypocrite (No need for your java code comments, graphite :) )

Again, I will say only this.

I won't insult the intelligence of the other forum users who can plainly see what I have said, and highlighted.

And you talk about logic? The sky has nothign to do with the development team of 7D, Roland has everything to do with the game considering he plays it, mods the forums, and like we have now come to get a better understanding of, directly involved with the devs.

You won't provoke me into being abusive to you either, if that's what your comments are aiming to achieve.

Stay away from my posts, thanks.

Or what? You'll school me with your mad logic skills?

Go take a discrete class, or do some rudimentary studying on tautologies before you try and throw around your "I clearly said this that and that other thing therefore the devs are lying to us" shenanigans.

You want to post in our community? Then expect people to call you out when you troll.

Suck it up, buttercup.

-A

But... :( no cats

Allready build her room in all my towers

4.jpg

hmm if this is a fair replacement

hisss56.jpg?w=382&h=243

You KNOW we can't see your spoilers on mobile! Gah!

Dang it. Roland. If you're gonna do anything on this forum do that! Fix the blasted spoiler tag so mobile can expand it! 😂

I thought that the spoilers was just a saying. I am on mobile and could never open the spoilers. Lol. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

You can usually use your browser to view a page in desktop mode.

Did for RD's spoiler. Totally had to press like four extra buttons. Wasn't even worth it. Crappy body paint. Pft.

Allready build her room in all my towers

4.jpg

hmm if this is a fair replacement

hisss56.jpg?w=382&h=243

I would pet that kitty kat. Purr.

- - - Updated - - -

You can usually use your browser to view a page in desktop mode.

Did for RD's spoiler. Totally had to press like four extra buttons. Wasn't even worth it. Crappy body paint. Pft.

I just did that. I forgot about that option and didn't think to use it. Thank you.

Why is it every time i log on here someone is having it out with zombie toad?

Anyway ZT i will highlight something that royal deluxe said 'Join the mostly trivial discussion' because that's what all the dev diary threads are until some info is released. You won't get answers to all or any of your questions unless a dev is online and lurking with intent to release said info and no amount of wants and would likes is going to change that, patience is key here.

And this, finally, answers why we will be taming wolves. It is because you can't tame a zombie dog or a Dire Wolf and those three are the only canines that will be in the game. Now watch out for the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man....

Wait... if we can tame a wolf, why not a dire wolf? :p It would make a lot more sense with a big dire wolf carrying gear than a regular wolf, considering a regular wolf isn't known for hauling items on its back. A dire wolf being a lot stronger and tougher would make more sense, and since I assume it'll have a bit more health than a normal wolf to stay alive (else a normal zombie or two would kill it), why not? :)

/V - BUILD - Electric Base Wall

btw.

"Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria" is a reference joke (I'll give a rep to the first person who mentions the reference) and not meant literally..

GIVE ME MY REP ^^

Need not really rep, was courious as a German who can have no clue.

Except, its 100% the same in the german version.

(Not like in Stargate atlantis)

English version "He is hard to understand, he is from Canada"

German version "He is hard to understand, he lisps"

When I said I was going to be a better person and not be so arrogant and rude to others on here, that I was going to drop my condescending nature and my posts full of Mr Know It All attitude and sarcastic comments towards Pimps and just enjoy the game more I didn't realize it was going to manifest itself into a vengeful energy and inhabit the body of ZombieToad.

My apologies guys.

Archived