Kickstarter Goals about Animals: Dog Gone It!

ZombieToad

So no one interested in irradiated plants in the future then ?

You know about my reference to kickstarter, I wonder why we may be able to tame wolves when dogs are listed as a part of the kickstarter goals.

It would make more sense to take in a domestic dog than to tame a wild wolf, so when dogs do come I wonder what they will be useful for, other than to eat them.

They musn't have been referring to zombie dogs, as they went on at the end of the section describing how cats, dogs, and other animals would be introduced, to saying that animals can even turn into zombies (zombie bears! - as is written.)

If animals 'can' turn into zombies, and for zombie bears we also have their normal bear counterpart, then it stands to reason that dogs should be coming.

What do you think? And were you suggesting Little Shop of Horrors style giant man eating venus fly traps? xD

You know about my reference to kickstarter, I wonder why we may be able to tame wolves when dogs are listed as a part of the kickstarter goals.

It would make more sense to take in a domestic dog than to tame a wild wolf, so when dogs do come I wonder what they will be useful for, other than to eat them.

They musn't have been referring to zombie dogs, as they went on at the end of the section describing how cats, dogs, and other animals would be introduced, to saying that animals can even turn into zombies (zombie bears! - as is written.)

If animals 'can' turn into zombies, and for zombie bears we also have their normal bear counterpart, then it stands to reason that dogs should be coming.

What do you think? And were you suggesting Little Shop of Horrors style giant man eating venus fly traps? xD

All different types of dog is more likely less realistic than a wolf.

Domestic dogs have less chance of suviving the apocolypse than isolated wolfpacks.

So wolfs make more sense to me.

This is snipped from an earlier comment about plants

"I was thinking if rad areas where added to the inside of the map area then by using hazmat and planting special plants it would turn that area with the plants in over time to be not radiated."

Not sure how useful if at all the idea is but it is all i have.

Id disagree.

Wolves living in the forested area 'may' have less of a chance of survival. Domestic dogs are livinf in towns and small cities that have a lot of food in them.

In the long term I would agree that unless dogs adapted wolves would make more sense but since we are in the world with cars that have pretty nice wheels on them and food that isnt expired i would assume dogs could make it.

Also wolves would be contained to the area within the radiation zone, so that would have long term impact on their survival, imbalancing the chain. Restricting predators to a smaller area they would eventually breed themselves out of existance with the high demands for food and small supply.

I dont know what we could feed dogs. Maybe animal and wolf meat with some grains?

Its actually an interesting debate because you have a strong point with the wolves natural survival.

Id disagree.

Wolves living in the forested area may have less of a.vhance of survival. Domestic dogs are livinf in towns and small cities that have a lot of older food in them.

In the long term I would agree that unless dogs adapted wolves would make more sense but since we are in the world with cars that have pretty nice wheels on them and food that isnt expired i would assume dogs could make it.

Also wolves would be contained to the area within the radiation zone, so that would have long term impacts on their survival, imbalancing the chain. Restricting predators to a smaller area they would eventually breed themselves out of existance with the high demands for food and small supply.

I dont know what we could feed dogs. Maybe animal and wolf meat with some grains?

Its actually an interesting debate because you have a strong point with the wolves natural survival.

Did not make myself clear at all in my first point.

Creating lots of different types of skins and meshes for domestic dogs seems impractical resource wise.

Having one model and skin for a wolf seems more realistic immersion wise and makes sense on resources.

You could argue all the zombie dogs are the same so a domesticated dog could follow the rule.

But reusing zombie dog skins is unavoidable but domesticated dogs is not.

Regarding the plants and/or rad zone.

Question is if TFP do implement rad zones inside the map what is going to be used for map boundries.

Unless the boundry is a higher concentration of radiation and you cant survive even with hazmat and plants do not grow there.

No need for speculation. The Fun Pimps have said in the past that the kickstarter goal was meant to mean "wildlife" in the game. "Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria" is a reference joke (I'll give a rep to the first person who mentions the reference) and not meant literally. They have said in the past a number of times that they will not necessarily stick to the exact named animals in the kickstarter but would add wildlife that they felt enhanced the game.

Here is what the kickstarter goals literally mention:

Mountain Lions

Coyotes

Dogs & Cats living together, mass hysteria

Animals can turn into zombies

Zombie Bears

Here is what the Pimps have actually added:

Bears

Zombie Bears

Wolves

Dire Wolves

Zombie Dogs

Snakes

Chickens

Rabbits

Stags

Boars

Zombie Vultures

Now if equivalencies makes you feel better then...

Mountain Lion = Dire Wolf

Coyote = Wolf

Dog = Zombie Dog

Cat = Snake

Zombie Bear = Zombie Bear

Which makes bears, chickens, zombie vultures, stags, rabbits, and boars all bonus, thank you Pimps.

And this, finally, answers why we will be taming wolves. It is because you can't tame a zombie dog or a Dire Wolf and those three are the only canines that will be in the game. Now watch out for the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man....

Give it to toad. He needs it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghostbusters <.<

Dang it! Guppy with the win!

Aren't you supposed to be working or something and pretending you care like that? :playful:

Dentist. Only around 25 left to write, so I should be "back" sometime next week.

No need for speculation. The Fun Pimps have said in the past that the kickstarter goal was meant to mean "wildlife" in the game. "Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria" is a reference joke (I'll give a rep to the first person who mentions the reference) and not meant literally. They have said in the past a number of times that they will not necessarily stick to the exact named animals in the kickstarter but would add wildlife that they felt enhanced the game.

Here is what the kickstarter goals literally mention:

Mountain Lions

Coyotes

Dogs & Cats living together, mass hysteria

Animals can turn into zombies

Zombie Bears

Here is what the Pimps have actually added:

Bears

Zombie Bears

Wolves

Dire Wolves

Zombie Dogs

Snakes

Chickens

Rabbits

Stags

Boars

Zombie Vultures

Now if equivalencies makes you feel better then...

Mountain Lion = Dire Wolf

Coyote = Wolf

Dog = Zombie Dog

Cat = Snake

Zombie Bear = Zombie Bear

Which makes bears, chickens, zombie vultures, stags, rabbits, and boars all bonus, thank you Pimps.

And this, finally, answers why we will be taming wolves. It is because you can't tame a zombie dog or a Dire Wolf and those three are the only canines that will be in the game. Now watch out for the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man....

I'm sorry. But in what freaking world does "Cat=Snake"???

Even to snake lovers, cuddling up to a venomous snake isn't the same as cuddling up to a kitty cat.

Damn it Roland. You freaking weirdo! Snake=Cat...

What... The... Fridge!

Every cat I've ever known has been a total snake.

Putting a leash on a cat and a snake ends in the same result even if it looks different.

Both see humans as lower on the totem pole.

Both would eat you if they could

If you were wounded and dying neither would go for help or lead anyone back to you.

:cat:

So, wait a minute.

Kickstarter goals state cats and dogs, not zombie dogs, zombie bears are listed but not zombie dogs.

And just because they added something different that means they can get out of their self stated obligations? Nice try Roland but I don't think so.

Kickstarter is there to be listing what will be in the game - and when it's gaining funds from people, even avoiding one thing is to some degree receiving money for partial dishonesty.

But that isn't what I'm saying, like I said, maybe we ill be treated to some new animals in A17, or at least in the future. And THIS is PRECISELY why both myself and others have requested Dev>Customer interaction.

Only the Devs can tell us definitive information (even if it is subject to change.) So Roland is either trolling again, or he is privvy to some information that we aren't.

I'm not buying the cat>snake thing either. That's like the devs saying we are going to be given an R.V with the space slot for a bed / act as a mobile storage/ spawn point and then giving us nothing more than a broken down mini with a box strapped to the roof that you can place a bedroll beside.

Sure it is in the same vein but come on.

I have lived and worked in Asia for the last 7 years and believe me, feral cats and dogs seem to have no problems not only surviving but overpopulating the place.

And Roland, again, animals that turn into zombies. Zombie dogs do not turn into zombies, they sort of are, you know, like their name suggests.

@Graphite, I misunderstood your point in your post. I would also like to state that I am not expecting to see skins for every breed of dog, not even for 10 breeds. One or two would be nice (two is pushing it). We already have nothing more than 1 skin of this World Dominating Doberman lol.

I do understand why you made the point though, skinning a lot would use needed resources. So even though it wasn't my idea (this multiskinning), you make a fair point.

So, wait a minute.

Kickstarter goals state cats and dogs, not zombie dogs, zombie bears are listed but not zombie dogs.

And just because they added something different that means they can get out of their self stated obligations? Nice try Roland but I don't think so.

Kickstarter is there to be listing what will be in the game - and when it's gaining funds from people, even avoiding one thing is to some degree receiving money for partial dishonesty.

But that isn't what I'm saying, like I said, maybe we ill be treated to some new animals in A17, or at least in the future. And THIS is PRECISELY why both myself and others have requested Dev>Customer interaction.

Only the Devs can tell us definitive information (even if it is subject to change.) So Roland is either trolling again, or he is privvy to some information that we aren't.

I'm not buying the cat>snake thing either. That's like the devs saying we are going to be given an R.V with the space slot for a bed / act as a mobile storage/ spawn point and then giving us nothing more than a broken down mini with a box strapped to the roof that you can place a bedroll beside.

Sure it is in the same vein but come on.

I have lived and worked in Asia for the last 7 years and believe me, feral cats and dogs seem to have no problems not only surviving but overpopulating the place.

And Roland, again, animals that turn into zombies. Zombie dogs do not turn into zombies, they sort of are, you know, like their name suggests.

@Graphite, I misunderstood your point in your post. I would also like to state that I am not expecting to see skins for every breed of dog, not even for 10 breeds. One or two would be nice (two is pushing it). We already have nothing more than 1 skin of this World Dominating Doberman lol.

I do understand why you made the point though, skinning a lot would use needed resources. So even though it wasn't my idea (this multiskinning), you make a fair point.

Kicjstaeter is pretty explicit about feature changes and feature removals, too... If you're gonna play, you gotta play both sides.

@ZT i would avoid this shortcut "Dev>Customer" it doesnt parse to your advantage as a shortcut token in the binary search tree it maybe true in some skillset aspects but we are all human beings.

Do you understand diffusion as a form of sarcasm.

I dont follow the rule allways but the package should contain some useful info in.

I will unwind the stack

> Greater than

>> pipe (bad term but it was all i had)

I admit i get things wrong alot but i try to learn from my mistakes , i say this as damage control as i possibly got something wrong.

Pipe is the pipe | but it pipes in nix terminals it was a bad term.

<< >> is used in C++ for input and output but also used for logical bit shifts

So how something is read and utilised is dependant on rules.

I hope we get to some understanding of syntax and languages when parsing and interpreting.

Maybe we can move on to compiling at some point.

Maybe we should all have general static ruleset installed when reading and writing in this forum.

Would that be assimilation?

You are wrong on this, sir. Roland has stated in the past that he sits in on dev & design meetings and as such, he most certainly can tell us definitive information if Richard/Joel give him the go-ahead. He definitely has information we don't.

-A

snip

There is no battle or debate here ZT.

It doesn't matter what the kickstarter goal literally says. Not only are cats and dogs NOT going to live with each other but there will be no cats and no dogs. TFP like to joke around and that line was a joke. There are zombie dogs which are dogs that did become zombies previous to us starting the game. It happened off camera. Same with the bears and the vultures. Not all animals will have zombie counterparts.

I'm not arguing with you over interpretation here. I'm telling you that there will be no Mountain Lions, Dogs, or cats unless the developers change their current plan. They opted for other creatures instead. Plus we have more than the strictly literal number of animals promised so the goal is fulfilled in their mind. They have met the obligation. They are focused elsewhere.

You want to force the devs to stick to what they literally said? That means a lot of cool stuff going bye bye then...

Better to just accept that "Animals turn into zombies" means "Zombie versions of some of the animals" because that is in fact what it means.

You are wrong on this, sir. Roland has stated in the past that he sits in on dev & design meetings and as such, he most certainly can tell us definitive information if Richard/Joel give him the go-ahead. He definitely has information we don't.

-A

This isn't even insider knowledge in this case A. Madmole said it himself in one of the previous Q&A videos. They plan to redo the stag and that will be a wrap on animals.

Now DLCs? There could be more planned for post launch content but that WOULD involve insider knowledge....

This isn't even insider knowledge in this case A. Madmole said it himself in one of the previous Q&A videos. They plan to redo the stag and that will be a wrap on animals.

Now DLCs? There could be more planned for post launch content but that WOULD involve insider knowledge....

Gotcha. My comment was more in response to his statement that 'Trolland don't know Jack', since I figured the other part of his horse had already been beaten to death. :)

-A

Archived