The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

Pimps, you are making scheduling time-off around A17e release a chore =)

No Kidding, My dreams of playing A17 before next semester starts have pretty much gone. I have to ground myself from computer games during the semester, so I guess I'll be playing in December... It should be released by then... right?

Well it went from June to july now august then sept now who really knows they are trying to keep our hopes up probably just better to not announce anything at all or just say it wont come out till dec 2019 to stop us from blowing up the forum everytime they change something. Its like false hope of the game coming out sooner rather then later. Cause we all have already been waiting a year for this release.

if the update does not come out before the end of next week, I'll make a conclusion for myself that developers do not at all can create a good finished game. small indie project with big dreams. interest will be lost, the game will be forgotten

ok bye bye Felicia

Well it went from June to july now august then sept now who really knows they are trying to keep our hopes up probably just better to not announce anything at all or just say it wont come out till dec 2019 to stop us from blowing up the forum everytime they change something. Its like false hope of the game coming out sooner rather then later. Cause we all have already been waiting a year for this release.

Honestly, i think that may be part of the problem. We've been waiting for this for -over- a year. I think this forum has pros and cons: the more information they give me, the more i want.

Maybe I'll get killed for this, but what would it be if the devs never updated us on what they were working on and every year or so they put together a new alpha, THEN build up hype, THEN released the alpha right after?

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, maybe by the time you graduate.

and...

Is that a wolf eating a watermelon?

I certainly hope so at this rate

Yes, Isn't it Hilarious?

if the update does not come out before the end of next week, I'll make a conclusion for myself that developers do not at all can create a good finished game. small indie project with big dreams. interest will be lost, the game will be forgotten

p.s

I would not change anything in the game (the game is almost perfect). the game lacks content. you need to add a lot of things. the game needs optimization. it would be better for developers to finish the game after optimization. And start a new project. Maybe on another engine.

graphics 7dtd I like it, authentic, atmospheric.

Craft, weapons system, AI and everything is almost perfect

I for one can't complain that the game has changed and is still in development. I have almost 3000 hours on a game that cost me $24.00.

Now, I have purchased 5 copies for other people because I like this game that much. But those were usually on sale. So I have probably about $100.00 in costs for myself and others.

Now if I just calculate the cost / hour for JUST my game play with the total I have paid, then I have about $30 per hour of enjoyment. That is a better ratio than any other game I have ever owned.

This is because these developers have big dreams and have not abandoned the project. Likely this is the reason for their success AND cause for much of their headaches. The fact that they are very positive and supportive of their modding community is also a HUGE plus. Mods like Starvation, Ravenhearst, Medieval, and War of the Walkers has greatly extended the value of their program.

They are not infallible and I am sure they would admit that. They are probably really harsh critics of their own work. I want to commend them for their high work ethic, commitment to their customers, and overall passion.

Maybe they should add the ability to craft a "Jump to Conclusions" mat for you? LOL

I love the people that pop in here voicing their thoughts on how the developers are so terrible and awful because you're impatient and have no idea what goes into making a game like this. It's like you're yelling your opinion from the highest peak of Dunning-Kruger Mountain.

You forgot to promise to never play again and delete your forum profile. Can you please add this?

Also eagerly awaiting you smash hit game release. You know, since you have all the answers and know all the things.

A17-E ESTIMATED Release: August or.... TOMORROW!

Right? Please? It's a long weekend for me and those I play with...

- - - Updated - - -

When two players hit the same block does it degrade faster? Or is it still more efficient to hit your own block ? Or was it just me who felt ganging up on a block did not finish it off faster

Yes, it degrades faster. It's especially useful for breaking open safes.

so alpha 17 December..... 2032?

2019 star WW3 - 2032 end of WW3 - 2033 A17 still in development and nobody will care about it :)))

Leaving jokes away...what can i say?...still 2018 and i dont care anymore,i found better games to play...(no name of tham cuz i m not jerk)

A17-E ESTIMATED Release: August or.... TOMORROW!

Right? Please? It's a long weekend for me and those I play with...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it degrades faster. It's especially useful for breaking open safes.

I was hoping it was a joke they were going to pull, and an hour or so after changing it to August orrr, they would change orrr to NOW. But I guess not :D

p.s

I would not change anything in the game (the game is almost perfect). the game lacks content. you need to add a lot of things. the game needs optimization. it would be better for developers to finish the game after optimization. And start a new project. Maybe on another engine.

graphics 7dtd I like it, authentic, atmospheric.

Craft, weapons system, AI and everything is almost perfect

Ok, so if TFP dont meet your deadline, you'll quit the game? Nope, i dont think that'll be happening. Also, i love that the game is almost perfect just need to add in content, optimization AND a lot of things? So.. how high up are you rounding then? And im sorry man, but the weapon system wasnt almost perfect not even close. the AI wasnt good at all which is why im excited for A17. a better AI makes for funner horde nights which leads to gooder times. Who doesn't want gooder times?!

I will be ashamed before people (many people 30 and more ) whom I persuaded to buy 7dtd

30 people OR more you convinced to buy 7DTD? Thats awesome! and you're going to quit the game because TFP want to make the game right before releasing the experimental? That... doesnt make sense. Usually, I suggest / recommend / push a game to my friends (Not nearly 30 or more) if i love the game... not if the devs take too long to release a patch.

August or,...?!?

What? Dudes. What is the deal seriously? I have modded A16 to include many of the hip items you are adding to A17 in a couple weeks of casual tinkering. What is taking so long? Before everyone chimes in with "you don't know what it takes to build a ,..." Yes,...yes I do. I have been a software developer since 1985.

What? Dudes. What is the deal seriously? I have modded A16 to include many of the hip items you are adding to A17 in a couple weeks of casual tinkering. What is taking so long? Before everyone chimes in with "you don't know what it takes to build a ,..." Yes,...yes I do. I have been a software developer since 1985.

keep calm and keep moding ;)

From what I understand its not just the new stuff they are putting in, but because they have decided to update to unity 2018 for this alpha, it meant a lot of code rewriting, and re-writing shaders too

They updated to a proper physically based shader and are reworking the art right now.

There you go.

Cheers

I for one can't complain that the game has changed and is still in development. I have almost 3000 hours on a game that cost me $24.00.

Now, I have purchased 5 copies for other people because I like this game that much. But those were usually on sale. So I have probably about $100.00 in costs for myself and others.

Now if I just calculate the cost / hour for JUST my game play with the total I have paid, then I have about $30 per hour of enjoyment. That is a better ratio than any other game I have ever owned.

I have to point out that at $30 per hour and 3000 hours you would have paid $90,000.00 which i have to say is a bit much for an Alpha

Archived