Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

And new ones would buy it based upon the changes ;)

As I said, some people would not like it.

This is true. As much as some hate change and like to threaten uninstallment if the Pimps do this or that, for brand new players who never knew any different there is no angst. It just....is.

Our blessing is to see all the changes and our curse is to see all the changes....

I think you took it to the extreme with 'outside of human norm', you either buy into the IP and accept the zombies/sparkly vampires etc. or you don't. If the Pimp's decided it was all necromancy and added ghosts, vampires and all sorts of other undead nasties then these would 'make sense' within the altered IP. Player perception on what was immersive would change, they may not like it but that is a separate issue.

Sparkly vampires? H*e*l*l NO! Was reading a book about vampires and the main character remarked to a human that if they asked him if he sparked he would rip their heart out. I was going YAH. Sparkles, (rolling eyes.)

Seriously, I love vampires, shifters and enjoy zombies in books and games, but not some silly sparkles.

Sparkly vampires? H*e*l*l NO! Was reading a book about vampires and the main character remarked to a human that if they asked him if he sparked he would rip their heart out. I was going YAH. Sparkles, (rolling eyes.)

Seriously, I love vampires, shifters and enjoy zombies in books and games, but not some silly sparkles.

Haha agreed :)

What about a granite layer that is two blocks thick between dirt and stone and SI is only calculated to Granite instead of all the way to bedrock? Then you could have as many caves and caverns below granite and it wouldn't mess with any surface structures? You could also use it as a gate for deep mining if granite could only be destroyed with a steel pickaxe? Then the only SI issues would be any tunnels dug above granite and those spots where a player punched through it to go deeper.

Pretty sure you just nailed it great idea :)

What about a granite layer that is two blocks thick between dirt and stone and SI is only calculated to Granite instead of all the way to bedrock? Then you could have as many caves and caverns below granite and it wouldn't mess with any surface structures? You could also use it as a gate for deep mining if granite could only be destroyed with a steel pickaxe? Then the only SI issues would be any tunnels dug above granite and those spots where a player punched through it to go deeper.

Hanging bases. Now I think you just gave me a better immune base than we had before.

Ok. Can't attach blocks to the bottom.

Think you just broke all Voxel and block mechanics. But let's say it's easy to just target granite.

Hmm. Dig out a square of granite and now have bedrock at near surface level with a draw bridge and just stone around it to stay standing?

Hmm. Dig one block holes to hang your base from? Hang the base really low?

Odd floating slabs of granite?

Thing I missed about "I dunno" to this, is it smells like exploit and immersion breaking.

Hmmm.

I'll bet a single piece of toast that this is something that kept someone at TFP from sleeping at least one night out of sheer annoyance alone.

map gen idea

generate sewer tunnel system,

gen the rest of the terrain around it,

gen the city above it with a man hole leading to it.

the sewers follow under the roads?

I forgot who mentioned the sewer tunnels before but I have to say that idea is epic.

And granite? Unable to be mined? Well thats my fancy kitchen tops down the drain then :@

By the way, anyone tried dipping KitKats in tea (English breakfast w/milk). I've just eaten 2 :p

Hmm. Dig out a square of granite and now have bedrock at near surface level with a draw bridge and just stone around it to stay standing?

Becasue Granite would not be placeable by players there would be no skybases without cm access.

Hovering platforms of Granite would be maybe possible, but i think it is possible to find a way to balance this between Trollprotection and the ability to exploit

I had another thought, the Behemoth, I do know he was put on the cutting room floor but hear me out, what if you shrunk him down to normal zombie size, cause the zombie virus might evolve certain people with their own bio-makeup into a behemoth, yet instead of size go for durability, he never runs even on blood moon, but his health causes some concern, plus have him hitting blocks hard would make him like a tank, you could even have fun and make it so the screen shakes a little when he is coming to simulate his sheer weight in muscle, it would not be immersion breaking as we have not discussed in solid convo about the virus, so why not have it mutate someone into a solid tank, could be said about a leaper zombie, think of it like the zombie virus who got into someone who did long jump or pole vaulting as major hobbies, now those motor skills are aimed at eating flesh, im trying to cook up more ideas for zombie varients for Roland and Madmole to discuss, I do want the behemoth, but if pathing for size was an issue, shrink him, not as immersion breaking to me, but let me know what you guys and the community think.

Well good to know, I would be sure to add hatches, doors, and the blocks at player position and player position plus up a block to the check. Once you're at the bottom they could see your pos, and that you're in X block, know that one is okay, then follow the same logic, making them simply spawn 2 blocks away from your shaft, then dig into it and break blocks to get to you.

Keep it coming with ways to break it :p

HaHa, best post of the week! I LOVE it!

I had another thought, the Behemoth, I do know he was put on the cutting room floor but hear me out, what if you shrunk him down to normal zombie size, cause the zombie virus might evolve certain people with their own bio-makeup into a behemoth, yet instead of size go for durability, he never runs even on blood moon, but his health causes some concern, plus have him hitting blocks hard would make him like a tank, you could even have fun and make it so the screen shakes a little when he is coming to simulate his sheer weight in muscle, it would not be immersion breaking as we have not discussed in solid convo about the virus, so why not have it mutate someone into a solid tank, could be said about a leaper zombie, think of it like the zombie virus who got into someone who did long jump or pole vaulting as major hobbies, now those motor skills are aimed at eating flesh, im trying to cook up more ideas for zombie varients for Roland and Madmole to discuss, I do want the behemoth, but if pathing for size was an issue, shrink him, not as immersion breaking to me, but let me know what you guys and the community think.

Maybe the behemoth can be the new underworld dweller. Shrink it even further down to chi...er.....halfling size and have a bunch of them come popping out of the ground to attack like mutant mole people.

Maybe the behemoth can be the new underworld dweller. Shrink it even further down to chi...er.....halfling size and have a bunch of them come popping out of the ground to attack like mutant mole people.

He could be a special blood moon only zombie, where you look in the direction the zombies are coming from and you just see this creature coming out of the ground and letting off this earth shattering roar, and now you are frantically shooting him trying to kill him while the runners are destroying your walls, its mass hysteria, even the dogs and cats are hugging now

He could be a special blood moon only zombie, where you look in the direction the zombies are coming from and you just see this creature coming out of the ground and letting off this earth shattering roar, and now you are frantically shooting him trying to kill him while the runners are destroying your walls, its mass hysteria, even the dogs and cats are hugging now

And...boom...ZombieToads Kickstarter goal is achieved. :)

Archived