Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You sprain your hand! Crafting time plus 3000% 1 hour duration...

Screw that, what is this ARK:SE with megahours investments in taming giant extinct animals? I remember that game before they added the multipliers to boost up taming speed, especially on a single player run through! It sucked... it REALLY FING SUCKED BEYOND BELIEF! I wanted to play the game not sit in one spot twiddling my thumbs.

To be totally honest with you, that would suck.

Nice argument. You are master of arguentations )))

- - - Updated - - -

If not break completely...downgrade one tier on failure...or break on critical failure and downgrade on fails...

The picture is just an idea. Of course, I could not draw and provide all possible options.

Yes, if there was a failure, there could be a drop in the quality of the item, or the character received a debuff and other...

wtf guys, sthap talking about the game and let the poeple who have 2k+ comments to continue the spamming. geeez... those guys are the most important here!

Following the Forum for a longer time means not that the own Voice is more important.

But the chance that this people know answers on questions x+n people ask every thursday is not really small.

Finally TFP hear on reasoned arguments, doesnt matter who stated them.

wtf guys, sthap talking about the game and let the poeple who have 2k+ comments to continue the spamming. geeez... those guys are the most important here!

As I already mentioned before..

The game is mainly influenced by 20 forum spammers with over 1.000+ hours into the game who only want the game to be harder and harder.

If they would implement an ingame poll to reach to the entire community the outcome would be very different.

The game is mainly influenced by 20 forum spammers with over 1.000+ hours into the game who only want the game to be harder and harder.

If they would implement an ingame poll to reach to the entire community the outcome would be very different.

It is not necessary to make the game more difficult. Give us the opportunity to make a game more difficult for yourself, that's enough! )

We are much more and we don`t want it harder, but better.

*steps out from the shadows

Hi all,

I am new to forums but have read this Dev diary since the beginning.

(Full list of at least 100 things which must be fixed now! Or I will just hang around here constantly saying I quit all the time even though it cost me £7 and I have played over 680 hours, so far)

Notes about how not having a flying dinosaur to ride out of my base on is immersion breaking and how can TFP even call this a game with that one thing missing. I have done a full scientific study and EVERY one of my 3 friends agree and I can back this up by a quote I found on a forum about another game as proof that every other player of 7dtd agrees as well.

I am also aware of the full business plan of every company including TFP, so I can say that their plan is massively floored to delay me for even one minute in getting every single feature I want right now before I rage quit. Also, I will moan about how I think I once saw this feature on Minecraft over my niece’s shoulder and I can tell that that one single feature and no other caused them to be simultaneously catapulted to massive sales and instantly be *needed* by every 7 year old in the world and also tanked their whole business so badly that nobody who ever even worked near them could ever work in again.

But all joking aside I love the game, the forums, the rants, the disagreements and the memes.

Best game I’ve played in a long time and even if nothing at all changes I would be happy with what we have, but it looks like some stuff is, so renewed interest from whenever a17/b1 gets here.

TL;DR: Thumbs up, In TFP we trust #b1

Thanks Joel + question.

I registered to this forum to thank Joel for making this game.

There's nothing out there like it.

I made a friend for life with this game and had so many awesome moments with random encounters too.

A little question now, do you think it will be possible to use weapons from the passenger seats of the jeep from A17?

Keep up the good work Joel!

And thanks again! :-)

Problem is simple (Counts for all games)

Many people asking to make a game easyer

* play not on lowest difficulty

* stop playing a few days later if you do so because they have reached everything they want.

* Start to demand "Endgamecontent" because they have nothing to do

Many people who ask to make the game harder

* Are so experienced that there is no way to adapt the Difficulty to them

* play not on highest Difficuty with "Death is Death"

* Use mods or Cheats but dont confess that (Means 5-20% of the players that ask for harder difficulty and nearly no one of the really experienced. Say that clear at this point here because some new player dont undertand how easy some things are)

* Forget that bloody beginners must be able to play the game too.

Finally you are completly right, if you ask the mass you get a complete different meaning. Because the mass has no clue how the gamemechanics work. So instead of asking for better informations that Beer, Grain alcohol and Painpills can deny Stunlocks they ask to remove stunlocks. What would make the game far far easyer, And as long as we have no Bandits in my opinion too easy.

How do you come to the conclusion that much experience in the game is a bad thing when it comes to Balance decisions ?

Play a few hundret hours a character with Death is Death and then understand that the Balance is really really good. You can survive with a char for hundrets to thousands of hours if you know how to play this game. And after you did this i think you have a far better understanding how and where the difficulty can be adjusted to more or less Difficulty.

At least we all want the same, making 7D2D the best game existing.

The game is hard until you learn how to play.After that, you will want more difficulty.A16 for example is much harder that A15, but also more enjoyable.

As long as the devs still try to be the next skyrim/fallout in a zombie apocalypse voxel world with all these building/crafting elements i'm happy anyway!

I put more time in the building aspect than the survival/looting aspect.

* stop playing a few days later if you do so because they have reached everything they want.

* Use mods or Cheats but dont confess that (Means 5-20% of the players that ask for harder difficulty and nearly no one of the really experienced. Say that clear at this point here because some new player dont undertand how easy some things are)

* Forget that bloody beginners must be able to play the game too.

Finally you are completly right, if you ask the mass you get a complete different meaning. Because the mass has no clue how the gamemechanics work. So instead of asking for better informations that Beer, Grain alcohol and Painpills can deny Stunlocks they ask to remove stunlocks. What would make the game far far easyer, And as long as we have no Bandits in my opinion too easy.

How do you come to the conclusion that much experience in the game is a bad thing when it comes to Balance decisions ?

Play a few hundret hours a character with Death is Death and then understand that the Balance is really really good. You can survive with a char for hundrets to thousands of hours if you know how to play this game. And after you did this i think you have a far better understanding how and where the difficulty can be adjusted to more or less Difficulty.

There are features in game that are way to easy.Food for example is one of them.There are also a lot of things you can do to extend your end game, for example build big structures , roads and have fun with zombies.For example, after i finsh my end game base and get bored, i build 100 forges, stast them up, and let the screamers call in zombies to have fun :p

What shall we do to celebrate the 10-month anniversary since A16 came out in a few days? Shall we have a nice discussion? What about any of the following topics?

* Child-zombies

* Food spoilage

* Guppy's toilet behavior

* Geology

There are features in game that are way to easy.Food for example is one of them.There are also a lot of things you can do to extend your end game, for example build big structures , roads and have fun with zombies.For example, after i finsh my end game base and get bored, i build 100 forges, stast them up, and let the screamers call in zombies to have fun :p

My opinion about food is simple

We need settlers (A bit like in Fallout but with a Reason and not so poor balanced like in Fallout)

You as player need to supply/feed them.

Plant grow complete different

* if a zombie touch a plant it dies

* Plants need much longer to grow

* Plants give 1 Food + (Playerplants) Chance for a second food + Chance for a seed

* Plants need daylie work, player can produce food for 7 Days per day, Settler can Produce food for 1.5 Days per day

So that finally every settler give a small win each day, but to etablish THE ONE SETTLEMENT a player can have need much love, time and Ressources.

That would be the endgame i hope for.

Btw and please not like in Fallout4

Every settler should have a bed with a crate, and you need to fill the crate with

* A Weapon

* Ammo

* Clothes

* Food

* Water

* Medics

* Money

* Hygienic articles

* Luxory Goods that push the Moral

As long as the crate contains this stuff (Items would be Duped into the not Lootable Settlers, who hate it not to search his settlers to give them something, then better go from bed to bed )

the settler work Decent

One input Crate of the settlement (You can put in Ressources)

One Output crate of the settlement (You can get what your settlement produce)

I wonder if accuracy and/or sway is gonna be a thing in A17? That is a sure way to modify difficulty on early game. If you´re never fired a gun or a crossbow in your life, you are not gonna hit anything. Now in a16 we are all marksmen from the start.

If that were even remotely true, those 20 people wouldn't be needing to constantly complain that the game is getting nerfed and needs to be harder. Your argument falls apart on itself pretty quickly. =)

That works for the first playthrough. How many players are willing to grind the same tired content over and over? This isn't an MMO.

At this stage in Alpha, it is time to stop tweaking the early game and get the rest of the endgame content added. The jeep, motorcyle, and hog are great. I hope that gyrocopter makes A17. Then we just need the bandits and story (optional) and we're ready for Beta.

* Use mods or Cheats but dont confess that

I am always amazed at the number of people that want the game to be "harder", but are not playing Insane Always Run.

It's true. The 2 deaths my character has in my current long running game (Day 70, 2 hour days) are both from me miscalculating SI while building and falling to my death. There's a point where the zombies stop being a realistic threat. That's why we need more of them, and the bandits, not more shortsighted adjustments that slow down progression.

Some of us want that. Some others want the game to be the best game "for them", not noticing their tastes are extreme niche.

As long as the devs still try to be the next skyrim/fallout in a zombie apocalypse voxel world with all these building/crafting elements i'm happy anyway!

I put more time in the building aspect than the survival/looting aspect.

I'm an endgame builder that wants to fight massive hordes from megabuilds. I agree that the open world, voxel building aspects need to be continually added to and fleshed out. As an FPS/RPG alone, this game can't compete with other titles that did it better. The unique combination of all elements is what makes 7DTD shine.

Screw that, what is this ARK:SE with megahours investments in taming giant extinct animals? I remember that game before they added the multipliers to boost up taming speed, especially on a single player run through!...

Only reason I kept playing was when I noticed I could adjust the taming speed, resource gather rate, and other grind mechanics to be more suitable for single player. Why would I sit there for 2+ hours to tame one creature when I'm the only player in the game? That only really works when you have friends to guard with you and pass the time.

This is why I advocate for such control over game settings in 7DTD Beta; there is simply no pleasing everyone with, for example, how to balance farming. Three sliders solve the problem instantly. (Hunger rate, Crop yield rate, Crop decay rate)

Nice argument. You are master of arguentations )))
snip...

Oh you wanted an argument. Don't you get enough of that in real life? :)

But really. I miss read original post. Sorry about that.

Anyways... I think that you have good ideas but these improvements are already in the game and they do depend on your skill level. I don't really care for the weapon breaking on the work bench though.

StompyNZ most likely, and no not quite; even after "fixing" the issue, testing showed that they were still inferior to baked zombies... something due to them having more bones than necessary? I don't recall the exact comment... at any rate, Kin is definitely aware of the issue but as a company TFP decided to opt for baked zombies. You'll note that even most of those are now mostly just copies of one another.

One way to work around the repetitiveness is to add 10 similar looking zombies and make them "the masses". Then use those as you main zombies and add less distinctive looking zombies to the mix.

This way you could also increase the chance of specialty loot on distinctive zombies without being op. Less zombie nurses but higher chance of medical supplies.

One way to work around the repetitiveness is to add 10 similar looking zombies and make them "the masses". Then use those as you main zombies and add less distinctive looking zombies to the mix.

This way you could also increase the chance of specialty loot on distinctive zombies without being op. Less zombie nurses but higher chance of medical supplies.

Agree.

L4D did this well by having the majority on the zed pool be nondescript while mixing in the 'special' more detailed ones that stand out. Keep all the ones they have now but add in low res ones to be the majority.

Also agree with the loot distribution.

Archived