Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm just hoping that when we get to beta or closer to it, when balancing becomes a real focus, that loot starts to take on some game stage calculations. Later game stage = greater loot. So those guys would have a splash more stuffs.

This might incur the wrath of Guppycur

Perfect explained

So Eeyore... But as bread...

- - - Updated - - -

That's alright. His wrath comes from the toilet. I'm sure I'm fairly safe while he's spewing crap from both ends... Even if aimed at me. :D

Otherwise, his ass has one hell of an arm to reach me! :o

How would loot change in a real world scenario? if I break into a house my skills and tools for finding stuff might be better but the loot I find should not change based on my level or skill.

what you find in a trunk using a crowbar to open it vs me with a wrench or a lock pick will not change the content. I do see a reason for some sort of burglar skill that would allow you to open certain locked containers with tools.

So picture this scenario:

- TFP adds Burglar skils as a perk?

-- you try and open a truck or safe without the perk and risk destroying the loot.

-- you raise the skill and now you can open a locked safe or truck with little risk to the contents.

-- there are already perks for loot quality.

How would loot change in a real world scenario? if I break into a house my skills and tools for finding stuff might be better but the loot I find should not change based on my level or skill.

what you find in a trunk using a crowbar to open it vs me with a wrench or a lock pick will not change the content. I do see a reason for some sort of burglar skill that would allow you to open certain locked containers with tools.

So picture this scenario:

- TFP adds Burglar skils as a perk?

-- you try and open a truck or safe without the perk and risk destroying the loot.

-- you raise the skill and now you can open a locked safe or truck with little risk to the contents.

-- there are already perks for loot quality.

That's all well and good and would work if there were places in the game to put the higher quality loot so that you couldn't get to it until you were higher level. TFP does not want level 1s running around with 400QL rifles. They have to have some mechanism to control when that becomes easily available and the current model mostly works. Is it realistic? No, but it works. There is always a chance to get higher gear. The odds are just based on player level.

That's all well and good and would work if there were places in the game to put the higher quality loot so that you couldn't get to it until you were higher level. TFP does not want level 1s running around with 400QL rifles. They have to have some mechanism to control when that becomes easily available and the current model mostly works. Is it realistic? No, but it works. There is always a chance to get higher gear. The odds are just based on player level.

More game, less reality. I wed, parent, and work for reality. Reality can go suck an egg.

So are you saying that the loot I find at level 1 or level 40 is different? assuming I have the same scavenging skill at level 1 or level 40? I thought you found the same stuff but scavenging and loot quality affected loot like secret stash perk does for traders.

maybe I need a Looting 101 refresher.

right now I get to WB/Cement ASAP and dump points into secret stash. making money is easy once you can make quality items and wrench stuff. so Secret Stash helps me get the few items I want as early as possible like AK/SG/Auger schematics and parts.

IMO find a town with office building/bookstore and enter with torches/NV Goggles and crossbow. you can sneak the whole thing, make major kills and never be detected if understand how light works.

So are you saying that the loot I find at level 1 or level 40 is different? assuming I have the same scavenging skill at level 1 or level 40? I thought you found the same stuff but scavenging and loot quality affected loot like secret stash perk does for traders.

maybe I need a Looting 101 refresher.

right now I get to WB/Cement ASAP and dump points into secret stash. making money is easy once you can make quality items and wrench stuff. so Secret Stash helps me get the few items I want as early as possible like AK/SG/Auger schematics and parts.

IMO find a town with office building/bookstore and enter with torches/NV Goggles and crossbow. you can sneak the whole thing, make major kills and never be detected if understand how light works.

I believe that's some of the balance they're going to be working on. Traders are still relatively new. So they're bound to be nerfed and tied more to the game progression at some point. MM already mentioned that at some point the Traders were going to be specific to certain types of loot. i.e. weapons trader, armor trader, agriculture trader, etc. So less opportunity to just buy up from 5 traders kicking out AK's is one form of nerf. Probably more to come.

<lootqualitytemplates>
<lootqualitytemplate name="baseTemplate">
	<qualitytemplate level="0,0.16" default_quality="1,100">
		<loot quality="301,600" prob="0.01"/>
		<loot quality="201,300" prob="0.05"/>
		<loot quality="101,200" prob="0.15"/>
		<loot quality="1,100"   prob="1"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.16,0.32" default_quality="101,200">
		<loot quality="301,600" prob="0.014"/>
		<loot quality="201,300" prob="0.06"/>
		<loot quality="101,200" prob="0.17"/>
		<loot quality="1,200"   prob="1"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.32,0.48" default_quality="201,300">
		<loot quality="301,600" prob="0.02"/>
		<loot quality="201,300" prob="0.08"/>
		<loot quality="101,200" prob="0.20"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="1"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.48,0.64" default_quality="301,400">
		<loot quality="501,600" prob="0.03"/>
		<loot quality="401,500" prob="0.10"/>
		<loot quality="301,400" prob="0.25"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="0.75"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.64,0.80" default_quality="401,500">
		<loot quality="501,600" prob="0.05"/>
		<loot quality="401,500" prob="0.17"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="0.5"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.80,1" default_quality="501,600">
		<loot quality="501,600" prob="0.10"/>
		<loot quality="401,500" prob="0.25"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="0.4"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
</lootqualitytemplate>
</lootqualitytemplates>

if i am right 0 qualitytemplate level is playerlevel 1 and 1 qualitytemplate level is Playerlevel 200 (if you have 300 Playerlevel it would be 300)

The Scavenging skill is only on top of that

<player_skill name="Scavenging" icon="loot_sack" description_key="scavengingDesc" title_key="scavenging" group="scavenging">
	<effect name="LootTime">
		<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1,0.76"/>
		<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="0.76,0.66"/>
		<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="0.66,0.59"/>
		<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="0.59,0.53"/>
		<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="0.53,0.47"/>
		<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="0.47,0.42"/>
		<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="0.42,0.37"/>
		<multiply skill_level="70,80" value="0.37,0.33"/>
		<multiply skill_level="80,90" value="0.33,0.29"/>
		<multiply skill_level="90,100" value="0.29,0.25"/>
	</effect>
	<effect name="LootQuality">
		<add skill_level="1,5" value="1,8"/>
		<add skill_level="5,11" value="8,14"/>
		<add skill_level="11,19" value="14,19"/>
		<add skill_level="19,32" value="19,26"/>
		<add skill_level="32,49" value="26,34"/>
		<add skill_level="49,70" value="34,41"/>
		<add skill_level="70,100" value="41,50"/>
	</effect>
</player_skill>

<lootqualitytemplates>
<lootqualitytemplate name="baseTemplate">
	<qualitytemplate level="0,0.16" default_quality="1,100">
		<loot quality="301,600" prob="0.01"/>
		<loot quality="201,300" prob="0.05"/>
		<loot quality="101,200" prob="0.15"/>
		<loot quality="1,100"   prob="1"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.16,0.32" default_quality="101,200">
		<loot quality="301,600" prob="0.014"/>
		<loot quality="201,300" prob="0.06"/>
		<loot quality="101,200" prob="0.17"/>
		<loot quality="1,200"   prob="1"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.32,0.48" default_quality="201,300">
		<loot quality="301,600" prob="0.02"/>
		<loot quality="201,300" prob="0.08"/>
		<loot quality="101,200" prob="0.20"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="1"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.48,0.64" default_quality="301,400">
		<loot quality="501,600" prob="0.03"/>
		<loot quality="401,500" prob="0.10"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="0.75"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.64,0.80" default_quality="401,500">
		<loot quality="501,600" prob="0.05"/>
		<loot quality="401,500" prob="0.17"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="0.5"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
	<qualitytemplate level="0.80,1" default_quality="501,600">
		<loot quality="501,600" prob="0.10"/>
		<loot quality="401,500" prob="0.25"/>
		<loot quality="1,300"   prob="0.4"/>
	</qualitytemplate>
</lootqualitytemplate>
</lootqualitytemplates>

if i am right 0 qualitytemplate level is playerlevel 1 and 1 qualitytemplate level is Playerlevel 200 (if you have 300 Playerlevel it would be 300)

The Scavenging skill is only on top of that

<player_skill name="Scavenging" icon="loot_sack" description_key="scavengingDesc" title_key="scavenging" group="scavenging">
	<effect name="LootTime">
		<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1,0.76"/>
		<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="0.76,0.66"/>
		<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="0.66,0.59"/>
		<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="0.59,0.53"/>
		<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="0.53,0.47"/>
		<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="0.47,0.42"/>
		<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="0.42,0.37"/>
		<multiply skill_level="70,80" value="0.37,0.33"/>
		<multiply skill_level="80,90" value="0.33,0.29"/>
		<multiply skill_level="90,100" value="0.29,0.25"/>
	</effect>
	<effect name="LootQuality">
		<add skill_level="1,5" value="1,8"/>
		<add skill_level="5,11" value="8,14"/>
		<add skill_level="11,19" value="14,19"/>
		<add skill_level="19,32" value="19,26"/>
		<add skill_level="32,49" value="26,34"/>
		<add skill_level="49,70" value="34,41"/>
		<add skill_level="70,100" value="41,50"/>
	</effect>
</player_skill>

I knew it was something like that but wasn't where I could look through the xml files. Thanks. :)

Lonestar, while i agree with your stealth kill and clean up....i have to mention the crossbow needs work. I have used long bow,short bow, crossbow and composite bow in real life. I feel the current crossbow lacks any sights, even a simple iron bar guide. Im not asking "hey TFP give me the option to mount the sniper scope to my cross" But If the crossbow was given a slight improvement it would surely encourage even more "crossbow snipers"

Lonestar, while i agree with your stealth kill and clean up....i have to mention the crossbow needs work. I have used long bow,short bow, crossbow and composite bow in real life. I feel the current crossbow lacks any sights, even a simple iron bar guide. Im not asking "hey TFP give me the option to mount the sniper scope to my cross" But If the crossbow was given a slight improvement it would surely encourage even more "crossbow snipers"

I could be wrong and apologize if I am. I didn't catch all the conversation when it was brought up. But talk about doing away with weapon parts and putting in actual weapon mods or something like that. Not sure if this will include crossbow but it might and if it does then you will get what you want lol.

Levelled loot is dumb. Read pretty much any post I've written on the subject to see why, but in short it's a lazy mechanic that the pimps could be better than, and If the answer is "other games do it" then shame on them. 7days could be ground breaking in many more ways than just Rwg.

I could be wrong and apologize if I am. I didn't catch all the conversation when it was brought up. But talk about doing away with weapon parts and putting in actual weapon mods or something like that. Not sure if this will include crossbow but it might and if it does then you will get what you want lol.

Gazz clarified that... And now... I'm more confused. :D

Yeah Wildfire im sitting here waiting to see what is gonna happen. The in-game composite isnt bad but when your a weapons smith like i am (my wifes the builder).......a QL (quality level) 400 crossbow does more damage than a 400 bow AND the composite. Yes its noise range is wider but id like improved target options for the crossbow. Id like to eventually be able to put an exploding bolt thru a zombies junk using a scope....or iron sight just for the fun of it.

you would love the Van Helsig crossbow I designed back in A14.7 it combined 100 shot mag, sniper scope with zoom and rapid fire. loaded with 100 exploding bolts made the best weapon around.

Levelled loot is dumb. Read pretty much any post I've written on the subject to see why, but in short it's a lazy mechanic that the pimps could be better than, and If the answer is "other games do it" then shame on them. 7days could be ground breaking in many more ways than just Rwg.

I am hoping to see more loot drops in the game.

But what do you suggest?

you would love the Van Helsig crossbow I designed back in A14.7 it combined 100 shot mag, sniper scope with zoom and rapid fire. loaded with 100 exploding bolts made the best weapon around.

Don't get me wrong I would use the scope if it was on it but you had me at rapid fire and 100 bolts. Lol

Gazz's clarification. Your post reminded me of it... and my head hurts. again...

Lol sorry man

Archived