Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

@Roland

Hey, sorry in advance if this is a duplicate question.

In A17 (hoping), will you start implement some sort of elevation system? Dunno if my wording is correct, but stuff like elevators, cranes, lifts, etc. With the electricity implemented in A16, it seems like a natural thing to follow up with. It's something I would love to play around with, but basically anything that can add to the electricity system is just awesome ofc :D

Unfortunately, that is only because you kept moving. If you were standing in one spot mining or repairing something, you would have gotten jumped. The hordes spawn with the players location targeted, but the location does not update when the player moves.

Hordes don't target your precise position, there's some random offset. I've seen plenty of wandering hordes just walk right past my base while I was inside the whole time.

@Roland

Hey, sorry in advance if this is a duplicate question.

In A17 (hoping), will you start implement some sort of elevation system? Dunno if my wording is correct, but stuff like elevators, cranes, lifts, etc. With the electricity implemented in A16, it seems like a natural thing to follow up with. It's something I would love to play around with, but basically anything that can add to the electricity system is just awesome ofc :D

Unknown. I believe there is an elevator asset but it is unimplemented. So it could get implemented or it could just sit around with the Behemoth and zip lines until some future DLC or sequel game.

Unknown. I believe there is an elevator asset but it is unimplemented. So it could get implemented or it could just sit around with the Behemoth and zip lines until some future DLC or sequel game.

So what you're saying is, there are elevator physics and like an elevator (entity?) that's just now fully implemented, correct?

So what you're saying is, there are elevator physics and like an elevator (entity?) that's just now fully implemented, correct?

Heh...What I’m saying is that elevators and lifts are not mentioned in the original list of goals so don’t hold your breath for them.

Pff again someone who wear no Costume for Halloween.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had a dollar for every feature they've said they would add that they aren't actually adding I'd have enough to start my own Dev team :)

Dont mix up what they promises and what they liked / checked for doability / wished / considered.

Pff again someone who wear no Costume for Halloween.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont mix up what they promises and what they liked / checked for doability / wished / considered.

We as players can't help but get disappointed again and again after features that are anticipated get dropped and then we hear nothing again. Like somone light a fire under thier butss. Lets get the show on the road they don't want this to be the only and last game they work on in their lives.

If I had a dollar for every feature they've said they would add that they aren't actually adding I'd have enough to start my own Dev team :)

We as players can't help but get disappointed again and again after features that are anticipated get dropped and then we hear nothing again. Like somone light a fire under thier butss. Lets get the show on the road they don't want this to be the only and last game they work on in their lives.

Posts like this are the reason 99% of all Devs never speak to the Community

Posts like this are the reason 99% of all Devs never speak to the Community

Agreed, most of the community are whiny little b****es who complain when soemthing doesn't go as planned. Get over it, people. That's how life works. Like I said before, developing video game (especially with a small team like TFPs), is going to be difficult and time consuming. Sure, I think that they could speed some things up, but it's not going to be like Bethesda or Ubisoft.

Plus, they have families and friends as well. Everyone deserves a break from work.

Agreed, most of the community are whiny little b****es who complain when soemthing doesn't go as planned. Get over it, people. That's how life works. Like I said before, developing video game (especially with a small team like TFPs), is going to be difficult and time consuming. Sure, I think that they could speed some things up, but it's not going to be like Bethesda or Ubisoft.

Plus, they have families and friends as well. Everyone deserves a break from work.

Jesus peeps, calm down. 69 wasn't even remotely disrespectful, and his sentiment is shared by many.

Jesus peeps, calm down. 69 wasn't even remotely disrespectful, and his sentiment is shared by many.

Its not about disrespectfulnes, its in my point of view only about trying to nail the Devs to Statements they never made.

And more important the result of that on large scale (Less Communication)

Archived