new random gen world seeds for ALPHA 16

Janna3921

Can anyone shine in?

Im looking for a map that has:

A. Large center city at 0:0 With at least 1 scraper

B. Center or parts of it are in Desert biome.

Here you go!

Having a lot of fun with this one: MajorTom

• 2 large cities with scyscrapers near the center of the map.
  • Mostly plains & desert, with a bit of burnt biome on the southern end and bordered by pine forest to the south and snow to the north.
  • The western side of the western town has 2 hotels next (with pools) next to a water tower and a small business (good for beginner base).
  • Tons of leather couches for ponchos, sand for jars, water, and executive chairs in the hotel for Mechanical Parts.
  • Oh and close to a trader too.
  • To top it all off, about 5-8 crop plots with potatoes, corn, and blueberries.

Just crazy good.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/YR0UZ

i run "--eden--" now on my Server. I like the map. (Have at least 5 Merchants and 5 Citys in walking range)

But different to A15 where only <5% of maps was really playable. In A16 around 30% of all seeds i tryed looked not so bad.

i Edited the rng from 255 to 55 and most of the seeds now are playable. No more towering mountains, mostly flat landscapes with gently sloping hills scattered about, lots of towns and such.

I'm running it at 45, and it gives nice rolling hills with relatively flat plains. Very nice and playable. No more of those demented mountain ranges. Honestly, A16 rwg is almost unplayable because of the mountains and hilly terrain. Unless you like that kind of thing...

And it seems to be much easier to find a seed that doesn't give you a world that is half water. Now I just need to figure out how to control water and get rid of most of those lakes and rivers.

So one step forward (less water, no more HUGE oceans), one step backwards (even worse hills and mountain ranges). Progress...

If you LOVE Arid shrubland, I have a nice map for you.

mcwillage

mcwillage.jpg

Pretty regular map, nice density of cities. Just north of center, about 1500m is a flat area of shrubland. This is the Zone.

mcwillage_thezone.jpg

These four cities are so close, you can just see all four corners by standing near the center. Furthermore, there are two traders in this region; if you spawn here one will be your White River quest. I've rolled this map about 5 times and 1 of those times I started right in the middle of the field. With the introduction of sleepers POI bases are a gamble; if you idle in one you risk getting destroyed by respawns. Building a brand-new base is the way to go and there are plenty of resources in this region to get you going. Once your center-base-castle thing is built, you have four cities a short hike away to loot. Each one has at least one skyscraper and several stores. It would take months in-game for a single person to loot it all. A strong start for the newbie that encourages wilderness building in proximity to lootable cities.

ilijaisanoob

Ilija is my name, and the rest is logical xD

We were looking for a good seed for our new map and then a buddy entered that.

I can post a screenshot when I get back home. Anyways, there are I think minimum 4 big cities, 3 of the with skyscrappers as I recall.

I still didn't explore everything. A lot of loot everywhere, only thing lacking is wood. Well atleast at the place I am atm but I made a wood farm so I don't care actually xD

There is a place mid map(ish) with a lot of cities. We decided to stay in a smaller one with a gas station, a lot of book stores, shamway and a trader.

Seed: Urban Land

Highlights: Several solid starting areas that are very close to each other, each has at least a pair of cities, all the skyscrapers, and a conveniently located trader. My personal favorite is the orange circle - there is a hill you can build on that has a view of both major cities.

Did find two funny random gen bugs as well - the Evel Knievel intersection with a road that tries to go to heaven, and another road doing a Great Wall impression.

1644831919_UrbanLandAnnotated.jpg.c10594b8f97422fdee4100351ecff06b.jpg

Made some tests for my server

seed is before "

eden "- Many hills much water

Eden "+ Nice Center of map with nearly flat Ground

-eden- "- Many hills much water

-Eden- "- Many hills much water

--eden-- "+ Trader at 0,0 at Border Wasteland. Some flat areas

--Eden-- "- Many hills much water

---eden--- "+ Some flat areas around center. Nice biome Mix

---Eden--- "- Many hills much water

----eden---- "- Many hills much water

----Eden---- "- Many hills much water

eden. "- Many hills much water

Eden. "- Many hills much water

eden.. "- Many hills much water

Eden.. "+ Flat Area from Center to North.

eden... "- Many hills much water (a bit bether than many others)

Eden... "- Many hills much water even the water have hills ^^

eden.... "+ Many hills much water but a Flat center with no water.

Eden.... "- Many hills much water

-.eden.- "+ Some flat areas around center. Nice biome Mix

-.Eden.- "+ Much water but some flat terrain too.

-..eden..- "- Many hills much water big areas without Villages

-..Eden..- "+ Nice Map, a bit to much water , but many plain areas.

-...eden...- "+ Much water, but this map has it all. Flat Lands, Good Biome mix, even some islands. Looks like i tes it on Multiplayer

-...Eden...- "- Many hills much water

Faskar, spoiler image below!!! Thanks for sharing!

Billion Dollar Club looks pretty damn good! Think I'll restart, but man it takes so much longer to get going in A16!

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/ranger619_bucket/media/20170611205937_1_zpsebotulht.jpg.html

Cool!!!

Playing seed b119 and it is AWESOME. I spawned near a city with all the dungeon buildings in it, close to each other. Got OP very early in the game because these dungeons are huge and give too much loot. I just couldn't beat the DNA floor of the pharmaceutical building. Damn whiter feral radiated!

Also this city is in the desert and half in the snow. The desert has a trillion yucca and aloe vera = infinite food, drink and bandages.

1632311689_ScreenshotatJun2319-50-16.jpg.4634605506efcc71b4a3858bedc87217.jpg

Expanding on the theme of my last two seeds - "direwolf" and "Biberfell" - a huge plain area surrounded by towns and cities, I found the seed "Zlayer" (hey, that's my name). It has the biggest plain forest biome I've seen so far. The two smaller towns to the south are great to get started. Many, many useful buildings. The big city to the north was some kind of military stronghold since there are six army camps contained within it's borders. All in all it's a great seed for beginners. So much to loot. The smaller towns are gorgeous (I don't like the destroyed buildings / rubble piles of the cities too much). Anyway, I'm having a blast with this seed.

Zlayer.jpg.cd9345b612ba502a5cdc696526122265.jpg

Archived