Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

That's Great! Thank You!

I hope similar mode will always be available, even if you add texturing.

Don't worry, I will keep this display mode. ^^

Changelog 0.71

- added working 3d-View.

Controls (Movement): W, A, S, D, Space, C and mouse to look around

Controls (General): Click on the 3dView window to enable mouse grabbing. Press escape or enter to disable mouse grabbing.

- added option to disable 3d-View (restart of the editor required)

- added option to control the max. number of rendered blocks in 3d View

- fixed advanced replace: Even if the check box 'apply current role' was selected, you had to add a rule before performing a block replacing operation. This was not intended.

known issues:

- color mismatch between 3d View and other views (top view, front view, side view)

- position of 3d view window wrong / depends on the operating system

- speed of up and down movement depends on frame rate

- performance is unsatisfying because it's not optimized yet

gWoCEWv.jpg

Optional material transparency (v0.72):

D3oE82T.jpg

Changelog 0.72

- added option for material transparency

- improved: editor should pause rendering if you don't actively use the 3d View (if you don't look around in the 3d view). This should significantly reduce the cpu and gpu usage.

- fixed: speed of up and down movement depends on frame rate

Changelog 0.73

- adjustable camera speed (use the mouse wheel)

- added cursor

- added fps display

- added feature: double click on a block when in 2d views changes to camera position of the 3d view (camera jumps to the corresponding block)

- fixed: if you close the editor it may crash preventing it from saving certain settings

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Excellent Work!

I wonder if You can do to separate the view window separately, that would be transferred to another monitor? (at the same time, of course, leave the opportunity to work in a different view.)

Do You personally use single monitor?

The only thing that i am now uncomfortable in 3D-mode, it is exit via Esc. I would suggest making a way out of view mode through the mouse.

Are You planning to change the 3d-view to not use cube shape for non-blocks? (entity,models,decor etc)

I suspect You already have a set of forms?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

I knew you would ask me that.^^ Ofc 3dView makes more sense if you have a separate window showing the changes made in the 2D Views and vice versa. It's not hard to implement and was planned anyways. Just haven't had time yet...

Do You personally use single monitor?

Dual monitor. Btw. I am still not able to reproduce the bug that preventing you from putting back the tabs to the left or right side of the main window.

The only thing that i am now uncomfortable in 3D-mode, it is exit via Esc. I would suggest making a way out of view mode through the mouse.

Now it's double right click in my dev version. I guess all other buttons will become important for other functions sooner or later.

Are You planning to change the 3d-view to not use cube shape for non-blocks? (entity,models,decor etc)

Yes as soon as the basic stuff works. This may take a while though. The 3D Window requires an extra thread (which is annoying to implement) to prevent it from slowing down the editor GUI. For instance, if you edit a few hundred blocks in one of the 2D views, the 3D Window will cause lags while processing these changes (atm. most of the stuff that cause lags is disabled in release version of the editor). Even worse, the graphics engine that I use, seems to have bugs... quite unpleasant bugs.^^

Yes, Guppy gave some of the shapes that I need. Enough for testing.

Awesome Pille, That's what I was looking for, 3D Viewer help too much!!! Great Work!!

Thank you!

j3wSEMr.jpg

What do you guys think about a real-time interface between the official and the zombie editor? Some mechanism that synchronizes the editors, so you don't have to click the load button in the in-game editor after working with the zombie editor (and vice versa). This could also be used to improve the controls of the official editor. It's still annoying to rotate the blocks and one click too much and you have to start over rotating. lol

I am not sure if it's worth the effort though because I am struggling to enjoy the current alpha...

//// Btw. I am still not able to reproduce the bug that preventing you from putting back the tabs to the left or right side of the main window.

I figured it out :D

Here a matter of habit, all of them are different - you drag a window other movements and are unlikely to encounter this :)

The fact is that i grab and drag the "xml" window to the upper area , while waiting for the local window to move down and release the area as in the screenshot. This happens with other tabs but not with "xml". If i use double-click or drag the windows to the area below then it - will fall into place.

9dXHLCf.jpg

What do you guys think about a real-time interface between the official and the zombie editor? Some mechanism that synchronizes the editors, so you don't have to click the load button in the in-game editor after working with the zombie editor (and vice versa). This could also be used to improve the controls of the official editor. It's still annoying to rotate the blocks and one click too much and you have to start over rotating. lol

I don't even know what to say... Maybe, postpone this idea and over time, its usefulness - be confirmed and refuted? I don't know. Doubtful, but perhaps it would really be an important mode...

Now to me this idea seems completely useless, but i'm often wrong in such cases.

I am not sure if it's worth the effort though because I am struggling to enjoy the current alpha...

This must be a tough test. I tried, but i took off after the third day :D.

Do You modify the game somehow else, in addition to prefabs?

I figured it out :D

Here a matter of habit, all of them are different - you drag a window other movements and are unlikely to encounter this :)

The fact is that i grab and drag the "xml" window to the upper area , while waiting for the local window to move down and release the area as in the screenshot. This happens with other tabs but not with "xml". If i use double-click or drag the windows to the area below then it - will fall into place.

9dXHLCf.jpg

Lol that's strange. The settings of the xml tab seem to be identical to those of the other tabs. I dunno what's going on but the issue might be related to windows 95. :tongue1:

I don't even know what to say... Maybe, postpone this idea and over time, its usefulness - be confirmed and refuted? I don't know. Doubtful, but perhaps it would really be an important mode...

Now to me this idea seems completely useless, but i'm often wrong in such cases.

Yeah it's might not be the peak of usefulness but I would like to have more control over the game.^^ Some automatization could be done via the interface. For instance an automatized map generating tool for the ingame rwg generator comes to my mind: Hit a button wait a few hours and get screenshots of all generated maps + a list of all prefabs on the maps (sorted by their names or the number of occurrences). Ofc this would require to read the memory of 7day, an action considered to be naughty by certain anti-virus programs.^^ But you're right. Perhaps I should wait until 7dtd is in a better state.

This must be a tough test. I tried, but i took off after the third day :D.

Do You modify the game somehow else, in addition to prefabs?

It is hard. Significant parts of the editor's code are written with reusability in mind though and it's not too heavily associated with the game, so I can use it for other projects if I stop playing permanently. I have given up modifying the game somehow else atm. Not enough time ... and prefabbing is a wide field anyway giving me enough things to do.

What about you? You took off means you've stopped playing and working on your mod?

Lol that's strange. The settings of the xml tab seem to be identical to those of the other tabs. I dunno what's going on but the issue might be related to windows 95. :tongue1:

Leave it, after i've figured it out - it does not bother me, and others - are unlikely to face it. Maybe someday, You'll find the reason for it by accident.

What about you? You took off means you've stopped playing and working on your mod?

I saw in the insides of the game a lot of unfinished and cut content, due to the transition to the new engine. I'm not even talking about the balance of the game. They had to work hard and didn't have much time. Because of this, much has been left behind. But, we must admit that the possibility of modding they greatly improved.

On the basis of this base, i'm not trying to make a full mod for the play, i just do the individual parts and explore the possibilities, preparing for A18. In vanilla not playing since A13. But in A17 i wanted to try to understand the new system buff and "mods", and nothing else.

If A18 is delayed, i still have time to do something that i can even play... But hardly full.

But, it seems to me that the A17 is not for a long time...

Just a quick update cos Iam in a great hurry atm. :)

Changelog 0.74

- added option to undock 3d view

- added mouse control: double right click disables the mouse grabbing

- changed skybox and added instructions

- fixed: position of 3d view wrong

- known issue: 3d view not synchronized / doesn't register certain actions from other viewports. I am going to fix this issue in the next version.

just updated to 0.75

What does "Dont press me" do ?

Saw no difference ^^

Lol why do you ignore the warnings of my buttons.^^ Actual you're not supposed to see or to press it. The button contains a hard-coded link to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie.exe'. If your 7 days directory is located in this directory, the game will start. So no aliens, sorry.

Changelog 0.75

- added hint to 3d viewport if it's disabled

- fixed: '3d viewport not synchronized / doesn't register certain actions from other viewports. I am going to fix this issue in the next version.'

- fixed: wrong voxel counting

- known issue: using search tab while in 3d view might cause crashes

Leave it, after i've figured it out - it does not bother me, and others - are unlikely to face it. Maybe someday, You'll find the reason for it by accident.

Ok, I'll ignore it.

I saw in the insides of the game a lot of unfinished and cut content, due to the transition to the new engine. I'm not even talking about the balance of the game. They had to work hard and didn't have much time. Because of this, much has been left behind. But, we must admit that the possibility of modding they greatly improved.

On the basis of this base, i'm not trying to make a full mod for the play, i just do the individual parts and explore the possibilities, preparing for A18. In vanilla not playing since A13. But in A17 i wanted to try to understand the new system buff and "mods", and nothing else.

If A18 is delayed, i still have time to do something that i can even play... But hardly full.

But, it seems to me that the A17 is not for a long time...

Sounds like a reasonable strategy. Probably the best you can do at the moment.

Changelog 0.76

- added two options for 3d view (field of view and aspect ratio)

- added warning to any zoning checkbox in xml tab

- fixed crash: using search tab while in 3d view might cause crashes

Preview (new 3d view related feature for search tab):

eL7fcum.jpg

....and.....

JLCOBPQ.jpg

of course ,of course....

Time for a more serious 'don't press me' button. Don't say nobody warned you!

Whoa!!!! that's Great!!!

Np. You're easy to please^^.

Changelog 0.77

- added new shortcut control to 3d view (ctrl + shift to reset voxels)

- added new view mode to 3d view (available if you use the search tab)

- added selectors to advanced search (class, material, custom)

- updated skymap

- fixed crash in search tab

- fixed performance issue related to 'Unselect all' Button in search tab)

WCQll9I.jpg

Changelog 0.77(b)

- fixed alot of bugs an two causes for crashes

• 2 weeks later...
have you played with the in-game editor??

me

Yes I have lol but I still use and always will use pille editor to they go well together.

Build prefab in in game editor.

Then use pille editor to fix water blocks the editor stuffed up and add zombies in using pilles automatic zombie placer and volume maker