Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

@all

Lol don't expect anything exciting in the next (mhh let say) two updates. The file I am waiting for is related to the new prefab evaluation feature. That should help prefabbers to balance out their POIs. The original intention was a different one though... Once it's done, the evaluation could be used to identify the most profitable prefabs or POIs that have the highest chance to spawn certain rare items (e.g. beakers). Mathematically optimized survival is possible.^^

Ofc this requires more work and won't be included in the next update. There is some 3D and other stuff that should be finished first.

Pilles is simply better. I see the in game editor as an extension of pilles, not the other way around. :)

Too bad that I am not allowed to give you reputation atm. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Time to move on....

Changelog 0.77© and 0.78

- added buttons in main menu (see menu item 'Tabs') to dock all tabs at once

- added new tab 'balancing' allowing you the evaluate the amount of loot of your prefab. The balancing-related features is work in progress atm. since the file 'compo-pack-eval.txt' (Thank you ShoudenKalferas for creating this file) that contains the required loot eval. table is not finished yet.

- added new console command: evaluate loot (enter <help> (wihout the <>) to get detailed information)

- added new console command:

- print property:[Name of property] value:[Value of property] blocks (enter <help> (wihout the <>) to get detailed information)

For instance, you want to get a list of all loot blocks. Enter the following command:

print property:Class value:Loot blocks

Or a list of all sleeper blocks:

print property:Class value:Sleeper blocks

- update 'help' command

- disabled don't press me button

- fixed: search tool under 'select/navigate' was disabled for unkown reason^^

Explanation of balancing tab (pdf file)

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Trouble With Decals

Working on rebuilding my first prefab from scratch with all the new blocks with A17. Its a massive 87,29,108

military fort called Fort Pastor (hint hint)

Anyway I want to add some decals but have not seen any info on how to do it on you're form

-- Tried

Toggle On/Off to On

Set Meta 2

*No decal on any side*

Please help

As far as I know, it's no longer possible to add decals to a prefab in A17. For compability reasons I haven't removed the meta2 text field and the related checkbox yet. Actually, those GUI elements should be invisible if A17 mode is enabled but I am too lazy to implement this change atm.^^ The random world generator may add some decals afterwards though (after the POI is spawned) but that stuff is not stored in the prefab file.

• 3 weeks later...

After updating to the latest editor, I cannot run it anymore.

Seeing this error on a Win 2008 with 18 gigs or ram.

Tried the following without success

Delete the zombie directory and reinstalled

Win updates

Installed (a suggested from the web) dxwebsetup.exe

Rebooted

I even tried older versions of the editor. None of them work now :(

error.jpg.d77fcf4f7f8fc63cd3a52f37ac198303.jpg

After updating to the latest editor, I cannot run it anymore.

Seeing this error on a Win 2008 with 18 gigs or ram.

Tried the following without success

Delete the zombie directory and reinstalled

Win updates

Installed (a suggested from the web) dxwebsetup.exe

Rebooted

I even tried older versions of the editor. None of them work now :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28142[/ATTACH]

That sounds strange. I just reuploaded and updated the editor. Pls try one of the following versions:

Download LINK (32 bit)

Download LINK (64 bit)

Edit:

A more serious update will be released in a few days (hopefully^^).

Same error, unfortunately.

It happened when I was in the application, it reminded me that there was an update. I closed out of the program and hit the update button. relaunched and have not been able to run the program since

I tried looking into replacing the kernel32.dll but my computer has it in multiple locations and I am unsure which one yours uses. Would you know?

Thanks in advance,

-Dino

Ok I'll try to find the correct kernel32.dll (and add it to the editor) but I think the problem is in the DLL files that are shipped with the editor. Anyway, tomorrow's update should help since I am going to check all DLLs.

@Abrondino

That's going to be harder to fix than I thought. Looks like a compatibility issue with the underlying c++ library. On the other hand, this shouldn't affect older releases...

Anyway, today I've installed an older version of that library to recompile the editor (Thank you for testing Top Minder!). Hopefully this makes the tool compatible with your and other (old) Windows versions. Pls ignore any requests from the auto updater for now.

Possible bugfix for certain Windows OS:

Here is the link (@if you're suffering from similar issues as Abrondino download this version. if not use the regular update from the links below or from the auto updater):

v 0.79: Download LINK (64 bit; special compatibility edition)

Other possible fixes: Try to install visual c++ using the preselected standard settings:

Visual C++

Regular update (also available from the OP):

v 0.79: Download LINK (32 bit)

v 0.79: Download LINK (64 bit)

Changelog:

* added repair prefab command to console ('repair prefab'); this command will repair all blocks of the prefab.

* updated help command for console ('help')

* fixed crash: using the advanced search while 3d view is enabled may cause crashes

* fixed layout scaling issues

* fixed rectangular selection tool

• 2 weeks later...

I tried searching for a thread where I can find a rule map (.rules) for use with the editor. Specifically looking to convert 17.0 to 17.2

Is there such a thread or is that right here? If this is the place, has anyone made a .rules for converting pois yet? I have some personal ones I would love to change over,

Thanks!

Took me a while to figure out that you were talking about a feature of the editor.^^ This would be the right place, yes, but I'm afraid you're the only person using it, so don't expect many replies. Tomorrow's a holiday here in Germany. I may have time to have a look at this (no promise though). Actually, I just have to compare the block map of 17.0 with that of A17.2 (and the texture arrays of both versions). Since there are only very few changes from 17.0 to 17.2 the resulting .rules should be quite small...

My POIs may be older than I imagined. I found that early editors show the blocks and modern ones do not. It shows either no blocks or sometimes just some of the land.

The version I am comparing are 0.2 and 0.7

I'm looking to convert this POI I made of my house in real life: https://www.dropbox.com/s/st50t6owkk2meyx/aft_home%284%29.zip?dl=0

Here is a video of my house in real life. I think you can see why I'd like to convert the work I did.

I'm afraid your house has been messed up by the ingame converter. ^^ It was an A16 prefab and I've tried to make it compatible with A17. To get a better result, I would have to look at what it looked like in the A16 version. Anyway, here is my first attempt to convert it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/20mpniihb6ppaja/aft_home%25284%2529.zip/file

I'll probably make a second attempt this weekend.

I imported that version and in all honesty, I can actually work with that. I am curious about using the in game converter on some other pois I have created like the arena I created. I cannot seem to find any info on it. Is there a document out there to explain the process?

The converter is well hidden in the game files.^^

Instructions:

1. Start the game and the ingame editor (under editing tools)

2. Press F1 to open the console and enter the commands

"prefabupdater loadxml data/config/blocksA16PrefabConversion.xml"

and

"prefabupdater createmapping NAME_OF_YOUR_PREFAB"

without the (" "). Now you should be able to load your prefab in A17. The quality of the conversion depends heavily on the blocks and paint textures used in the prefab. Usually you have to put in some extra work to fix stuff messed by the converter. Anyway, for more info have a look at the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die A17\Data\Config\blocksA16PrefabConversion.xml

NP Abrondino. :-)

Changelog 0.80

- added support for player sign texts (no clue when they introduced this feature)

- fixed another crash related the 3d view and search tab

- improved search tab / added AND and OR relation operators.

- Explanation from the tool tip:

AND means that only blocks will be found where all the applied criteria are fulfilled

(Applied criteria are those where the checkbox is set).

OR means that only one of the criteria has to be satisfied.

Known issue(rare):

The ingame editor seems to have a small bug messing up the texts of player-made sign. If you use both editors simultaneously, it can cause problems. This only happened once during my tests, so it may was a coincidence or a very rare issue.

- added support for player sign texts (no clue when they introduced this feature)

does that mean i can create a prefab that have writing on the sign?

and put it into the world at generation?

In theory, yes. In practice, no. You only need certain xml files from the game located inside a certain directory structure to start the editor.^^ However, the editor doesn't have a sufficient 3D View and it can't properly display the rotations of the blocks. Thus, it may be useless without the 3-dimensional representation of the prefabs that the ingame editor offers.

Looks like we can have static entity spawns now. Last time I tested this feature I made a mistake making me believe that it did work (enemy spawn was off^^). Static spawns should allow one-time spawns of all entities listed in the F6 menu (perhaps even vehicles). The entities can be placed much more precisely than sleepers.

Bears spawned via static spawn:

E0FSdUB.jpg

Next update is planned for the end of the week. Implementing static entity spawning may take a bit longer though.