Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Pille, This turned a ton of blocks to the letter M block is that what it is suppose to do or did I do it wrong? I think all the old blocks got turned to M. This was the first time I gave your tool a shot so wanted to be sure if that was what was suppose to happen. Currently making a list of all the M block prefabs. Will rename the ones without M's with an A18 addition to help keep them sorted. This happened during the process of trying to convert blocks to a18.

Edited by Astralweaver (see edit history)

Pille, This turned a ton of blocks to the letter M block is that what it is suppose to do or did I do it wrong? I think all the old blocks got turned to M. This was the first time I gave your tool a shot so wanted to be sure if that was what was suppose to happen. Currently making a list of all the M block prefabs. Will rename the ones without M's with an A18 addition to help keep them sorted. This happened during the process of trying to convert blocks to a18.

Yes, that's supposed to happen. Without the modlet you should see missing block symbols (?) instead of the M signs. They are the placeholder blocks. The replacing tool should change all M's to valid a18 vanilla blocks (step 4)...

Currently making a list of all the M block prefabs. Will rename the ones without M's with an A18 addition to help keep them sorted.

Sorry, not sure what you mean here.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Oh I was going to mark the m ones so I knew which ones needed changing, however, I must of converted something wrong because the M did not get replaced with A18 blocks. Also, I had the WOTW mod up and non of my WOTW blocks were converted to A18, they all still have ?. I am pretty sure the mod was up when I did conversion, do you have any idea what I missed?

@Astralweaver

Ok, seems like War of the walkers is not available for A18 yet. So I don't know whether prefabs that rely on WOTW stuff can be converted already. It would be helpful if you could send me one of your prefabs that cannot be properly converted. In any case I'll prepare an update for tomorrow including a more robust method of POI transfer from A17.

@n2n1

Yeah, that's what I though - uhg bright light. ;)

Edit:

I just had a look at the WOTW. Not even (Step 1) of my instructions can be executed because the modded blocks are directly included in the Blocks.xml and thus they are loaded before the blocks of my modlet.^^ The new conversion method should work though. We'll see tomorrow.

Edited by Pille
Corrected Grammar (see edit history)

@Pille- Thanks for going through all that extra effort wasn't expecting that, really appreciate you attempting to upgrade your program to get it to work. I love the WOTW prefabs. If it doesnt I suppose I can copy the blocks from the block file at some point and /append all the lines if nothing else:)

@all

Found two serious bugs related to A17 to A18 conversion. Pls. stop converting your prefabs using the instructions above until I release an update (will happen very soon)...

@Astralweaver

The order of block IDs and loaded mods or modlets shouldn't matter if you follow the instructions below and use version 0.82 of the editor. However, it is not possible for me to test this directly with the WOTW mod at the moment.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Changelog 0.82

* 3 new options (some of them require a restart of the editor):

* dark mode - Sets GUI to dark mode (beta)

* Load unknown block - Unknown blocks are blocks that aren't defined in the blocks.xml. The editor will try to assign an ID to each of those blocks if this option is enabled. This may help to handle issues resulting fromm odlets. EXPERIMENTAL!

* Advanced replacing tool uses block names instead of IDs 0 This option may help to mitigate issues resulting from incompatible modlets.

* fixed: GUI uses fallback mode

* fixed several bugs related to the advanced replacing tool (big thanks to MAGOLI for reporting the xml bug!)

Autoupdate isn't working? Try these:

Download LINK (32 bit)

Download LINK (64 bit)

@all

Sorry guys and gals but, it looks like you have to repeat the (updated) instructions even if you just converted prefabs only containing vanilla blocks because the previous version of the editor was affected by a bug that messed up the prefab XML files...

How To Convert A17 Prefabs To A18 (UPDATED!!! but still work In Progress)

Make backups and use it at your own risk! You need editor version 0.82 or newer to follow this instructions.

(Step 1)

Install the 'AAA_A17_TO_A18_CONVERSION_HELPER' modlet (see link below). This modlet adds placeholder blocks representing the missing vanilla blocks from A17. It should be removed after all your A17 prefabs have been converted. If your prefabs contain custom blocks, install all modlets that provide those blocks.

Download Link: AAA_A17_TO_A18_CONVERSION_HELPER (updated version)

You don't know how to install modlets?

Installing Modlet Step by Step (by TopMinder)

(Step 2)

Create a new folder and copy all your A17 prefabs into it. For instance on the Desktop: C:\Users\YourUsername\Desktop\New Folder

(Step 3)

Start the zombie editor (my editor) and make sure that the latest update is installed and that the game directory is defined (Extras -> Set game directory...). Enable the following options (Extras -> Options...):

M8lnjTz.jpg

(Step 4)

Press Ctrl + A in the editor to start the advanced replacing tool. Click 'Import Rules' and select the file 'A17_to_A18_V2' which can be found in the main folder of the AAA_A17_TO_A18_CONVERSION_HELPER modlet. A list of rules should appear which can be edited, removed or completed using the modify, remove or add button, respectively. For instance, there are some rules for texture changes at the end of the list that you may want to remove (adding and removing is still somewhat wonky). When you've finished editing click 'Apply all rules from the list' in the advanced replacing tool. Then Click 'Replace (prefabs in folder)...' and select the folder you've created in step 2.

(Step 5)

Wait until all prefabs are converted (progression bar shows 'done!'). This may take are while. When your POIs are converted you should uninstall the 'AAA_A17_TO_A18_CONVERSION_HELPER' modlet.

(Step 6) (Optional)

Not that important but it's highly recommended to check the converted POIs in the ingame editor. Watch out for missing texture messages in the console (mostly white messages) and other stuff.

Edited by Pille
grammar (see edit history)

Seems to work with your prefabs. I've successfully converted the courthouse. Did you copy all prefab files into one folder? If you still have problems, I could convert the prefabs for you... "All IN ONE (Prefabs and Modlet)" contains all POIs that need to be converted, right?

Entity spawn via trader("SpawnEntity" class) spawn now works incorrectly (spawn happens repeatedly).

Do you have another way to spawn an entity in a prefab without using sleepers?

(I need to spawn in a viewable area and be immediately active, but sleepers can't spawn in an open/viewable area, and not active)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Seems to work with your prefabs. I've successfully converted the courthouse. Did you copy all prefab files into one folder? If you still have problems, I could convert the prefabs for you... "All IN ONE (Prefabs and Modlet)" contains all POIs that need to be converted, right?

Yes that is correct. Yeh I did put them all in one folder.

Entity spawn via trader("SpawnEntity" class) spawn now works incorrectly (spawn happens repeatedly).

Do you have another way to spawn an entity in a prefab without using sleepers?

(I need to spawn in a viewable area and be immediately active, but sleepers can't spawn in an open/viewable area, and not active)

"SpawnEntity" class? Not sure what that means. Are you talking about the spawnTrader blocks?

"SpawnEntity" class? Not sure what that means. Are you talking about the spawnTrader blocks?

Yes, trader spawn occurs through "SpawnEntity" class. Now spawn is repeated.

You told me about something

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)&p=980620&viewfull=1#post980620

i would like to clarify whether it is possible to use it, because spawn through a trader works for my purposes incorrectly... Or, maybe, there's another way?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Yes, trader spawn occurs through "SpawnEntity" class. Now spawn is repeated.

You told me about something

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)&p=980620&viewfull=1#post980620

i would like to clarify whether it is possible to use it, because spawn through a trader works for my purposes incorrectly... Or, maybe, there's another way?

Ok, so it's a bug that doesn't affect the vanilla traders (which use the same system) but your project? Atm. static entity spawning is not implemented, sorry. FYI. you can't have static spawns and tile entities at the same time. That's a restriction of the prefab file format. Tile entities are used for storing light properties and other stuff. So adding a trade the way suggested in my old post, would disable certain features of the POIs.