[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

Lol. I did once build Trump island. It was a scratch built log cabin resort with a giant wall around the perimeter and a boat dock SE of hub city on a peninsula that I cut off so illegals couldn't get in and eat my guests. It went bankrupt after some unfortunate incident minibikes got stolen by the ground, lol.

If you ever see one of my videos, you'll know real quick I'm not too far from lunacy, lol.

Love Funk's build. Mine is progressing rather slowly, but I did manage to clear the area around The One Tree, and my pond. Took a swim and found a cave at the bottom. Might try to explore it a bit a bears shouldn't be a problem, though breathing might. My entrance is nearly complete with towers rising high enough I could see hub city if terrain rendering went that far. The octagon defense towers have been a bit tricky, dang blocks keep turning the wrong way.

Finally figured out how to record my game, so as soon as I figure out how to upload, maybe I'll send some snippets.

Look, I'm not exactly computer savvy, and I bought this xbox strictly because I wanted to try this game.

One last bit, for those who don't get the reference to the one tree, look up Thomas Covenant, or better yet, read the book!

All good man, we all learned how to stream and stuff by just jumping in and playing with settings and experimenting until we got it right, lol. There is so much about it I still don't know myself.

As far as breathing in the underwater cave, try this. Take some frames with you and place a few on the ceiling of the cave. When you remove them the water should disappear in that spot and give you an air pocket so you can explore the whole thing and maybe even add to your build. Good luck buddy. :)

I set a few rules for myself in the beginning:

1. Do not live in an existing building

2. Do not use an existing Forge

3. Do not die. FAILED

4. No armor - I might be reconsidering this one.

5. No Guns. Failed

A gal I used to play 7 Days with messaged me last night and asked me why I'm avoiding Zombies in the videos..

On Insane difficulty, most of the time - Slap, stunned, slapped again you're done.

# 10

# 11

Have a good weekend everyone.

3. Do not die. FAILED

5. No Guns. Failed

A gal I used to play 7 Days with messaged me last night and asked me why I'm avoiding Zombies in the videos..

On Insane difficulty, most of the time - Slap, stunned, slapped again you're done.

# 10

# 11

When starting out on Insane, a sledgehammer is a must find. It's always been in my top 3 priority items for surviving those first few weeks. Otherwise you are just wasting arrows and having hour long fights with only a dozen zombies.

Good advice Mutilator, but, no sledgehammers is another personal rule. 😃

Funk I caught the last episode. 😂 I think your channel is going to grow exponentially.

Lucky strike - What's your YouTube channel?

IF anyone watches my videos - I'm going to chill for awhile. Ill do updates, just not as much. Peace.

Good advice Mutilator, but, no sledgehammers is another personal rule. ��

Funk I caught the last episode. �� I think your channel is going to grow exponentially.

Lucky strike - What's your YouTube channel?

IF anyone watches my videos - I'm going to chill for awhile. Ill do updates, just not as much. Peace.

It is Luckystrike2778 hehe. Did a couple hrs just basic beginning stuff, trying to get comfy and missing horribly when it came to stags for a bit lmao! Died once already because I was careless near the hub. Dang good loot already. A hunting rifle plus schematic for it. Claw hammer and dirtbike schematic and iron glove. Got 2 sawed offs from a cop at same time. Dang dogs r mean n im used to them not running on my normal playthroughs lol. Mainly did the 1st vid for fact checking my game with name of map and plucked default settings lol. P.S. If have trouble finding my youtube also type in 7 days to die castle build challenge PS4

I've been 2 weeks now (in game time) on this castle project. It was starting to feel like I'd never get started on the actual build - I was finding a place to set up, collecting resources, food and water and trying to make final decision on how and where to build my castle. Did make a lot more progress today but have so much work to do. Also managed to impale myself on my own spikes towards the end of the second blood moon - one of those 'doh' moments.

Lol, don't feel bad, I got wrecked by zombies because I focused too hard on building one too many times. And once you start building, it will go fast. I haven't streamed this weekend because I wanted to focus on my building aspect and distractions were holding me back. I'll start streaming again Monday and keep you all up to date on my build. It got.... Complicated, and amazing.

So since i haven't streamed all weekend I wanted to give you guys a teaser for what the wife and I have done so far. The question isn't what you can see that's new, it's what can't you see? MUWAHAHAHA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20093[/ATTACH]

It looks amazing already - just how big is it?

3. Do not die. FAILED

5. No Guns. Failed

# 10

# 11

That's an extensive mine you've got there! Trying to guestimate but it's hard with the speedy vid, how long are those tunnels?

Tonight I'll stream a little bit and you'll be able to see the progress we've made so far. There are a couple of areas that are going to stay top secret for a bit though. I'll reveal those when I post the finished build video for judging. Given the detail we've put in, screen shots just won't do it justice.

- - - Updated - - -

We've also done the latest horde night inside the castle. Even unfinished it works very well. So we'll in fact, I fell off a wall and couldn't get back in until it was over, lol. It got crazy then for sure, but I did survive.

That's an extensive mine you've got there! Trying to guestimate but it's hard with the speedy vid, how long are those tunnels?

I'll have to get a measurement, I don't really know. I needed the material and an easier way to travel. :) South side is done now.

Edit: About 692 meters end to end.

# 16 Looting

Minibike teleport and the 21 day horde #17

So, it was day 14, 850pm, and I was just finishing a section of the outer wall west of my main gate. I walked back to my temp shelter and climbed on top to get a view of the wall and grab another batch of clay and stone. As I opened the crate, my display flickered, the framework for my inventory came up but nothing was there, then the screen froze. Recognizing it for what it was I cursed under my breath, jumped up and hit the power button on the xbox. As the system reset I just sat there shaking my head, certain I knew what I would find when the system restarted. My xbox, and 7DTD didn't disappoint, as I respawned, there was my castle, or what was left, with a full three areas reset to day 1. The reset was in an L shaped pattern positioned just right to reset the completed areas, but leave the unfinished areas intact. I still have most of my outer wall that stands at 2 blocks high, but one of my gate houses, half my front wall (the part completed to 8 blocks high plus walkway) two guard towers (holding most of my food, weapons, and ammo as well as a good bit of supplies) plus my temporary shack(which covered my mine and of course my three forges) are all gone. Now I could have made a video of it, but the frustration sent me outside for a cursing break. I took a deep breath and started over. Don't know if I can finish by the deadline, but hope to have something to post by then.

Did you happen to have been streaming and caught this on the stream? shutting down the xbox would have just ended the stream. IF you did, that would be awesome. Sorry you lost a big part of your base, but since you didn't lose your food and weapons , fixing the missing stuff should go a lot faster. Looting slows down building anyways. I still can't wait to see what you have.

Archived