[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

NO this is a different mod and is not compatible with normal True Survival. Just waiting on the Server Tech to install one file correctly(so might take some time) then the server will be up. Whats on the 7D2D Mod Launcher is a Client Pack and will not run the game by itself it will only work on the test server for now.

If all goes well the new Test Server will be up and running the first test build of True Survival SDX sometime today. I will make a post when its live. The new mod can only be installed and played through the 7D2D Mod Launcher

Any idea when it will be available for us to play via SP/Coop?

First time poster on here. Just wanted to say I love True Survival and its the only version I can have fun playing now. My one small problem is the abundance of followers. After the firsy night or two I just ignore them becausr they seem a little like cheating, they spawn often.

The Sdx additions look fantastic except for the running in shadows zombies. Wont that just make looting buildings suicidal? The lack of room to maneuver is already a huge challenge if more then 1 Zed comes to eat you. Damn ninja zombies.

Keep up the great work. Thanks a lot!

Minor issues

Played through almost two days on the server (days are super long!)

Chef quest is bugged - when reading the QC_Chef quest, an exception error is thrown and no recipe is unlocked.

Tomatoes come out of almost all plants when punched (sugar cane, sunflower, tobacco, wheat etc.)

Using 'read' on the sewing needle does not unlock any recipes

Using cloth to repair overalls increases leatherworking

lastly, not really a bug, but just wondering about the point of the stone knife? An early recipe like that requiring 5 duct tape really doesn't seem to make sense, and it doesn't seem to really do anything - am I missing something here?

@BenjyRomig-

Thanks for the bugs. Fixed them all but the sewing needle unlocking cloth. Not sure why that's not working, I'll look into it more after work. The Stone knife is automatically unlocked at Primitive Craft level 2 and is the only free and first available knife that will level your Hunting Skill when harvesting animals. As you Hunting Skill goes up you will get more loot from animals and it will make available better knifes that you can purchase that will level hunting faster and allow you to harvest better parts like Hoofs, Sinew, Pork Belly, Bear Flank and other things. Come to think of that I'll work on that info for the Mod description next too.

We have to download via the launcher?

from the first page-

Mod is a work in progress and is not a finished product. Please report bugs with as much detail as possible and suggest any changes you might think will fix it. Feel free to share your opinion respectfully. Still working on all the literature, if you have any questions just ask.

Use Sphereii's 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher to load the Mod -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Then join -

The Official True Survival SDX Server

ip- 104.243.42.154 port- 23104

pw = spider

from the first page-

Mod is a work in progress and is not a finished product. Please report bugs with as much detail as possible and suggest any changes you might think will fix it. Feel free to share your opinion respectfully. Still working on all the literature, if you have any questions just ask.

Use Sphereii's 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher to load the Mod -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Then join -

The Official True Survival SDX Server

ip- 104.243.42.154 port- 23104

pw = spider

Yes, it says to LOAD THE MOD.... but DOWNLOAD the mod? Is there anyway not using the loader? That loaded completly hangs my pc for ages until it copy all the files.

Yes, it says to LOAD THE MOD.... but DOWNLOAD the mod? Is there anyway not using the loader? That loaded completly hangs my pc for ages until it copy all the files.

Yes, you need to press "play mod" in the launcher but uncheck the "refresh mods automatically" box first and it will not redownload the mod. However, you need to test mod sync occasionally or you wont get the client side fixes that will be coming often while the mod is in its debug phase.

- - - Updated - - -

getting the following error: http://i.imgur.com/kahKrEL.png

You will get that if you don't hit play from within the launcher.

@BenjyRomig-

Thanks for the bugs. Fixed them all but the sewing needle unlocking cloth. Not sure why that's not working, I'll look into it more after work. The Stone knife is automatically unlocked at Primitive Craft level 2 and is the only free and first available knife that will level your Hunting Skill when harvesting animals. As you Hunting Skill goes up you will get more loot from animals and it will make available better knifes that you can purchase that will level hunting faster and allow you to harvest better parts like Hoofs, Sinew, Pork Belly, Bear Flank and other things. Come to think of that I'll work on that info for the Mod description next too.

Happy to help, doing my best to find what I can to make it as easy as possible for you.

Regarding the stone knife, I understand the idea and the ability to have an early hunting item - duct tape isn't super readily available, though, and even super useful things, like flashlight+helmet and mines, for instance, only requires one tape...for the stone knife to require 5 tape makes it seem too costly to be worthwhile as an early game item.

Also...it appears that stoneknife extends boneshive, both are considered bladed weapons, not hunting tools (as per the .xml)

@xyth-

Changing profiles does not restart your character it just changes what you look like. Those palm trees don't drop fruits. They could I guess but isn't there enough food around?

@carpediembr-

No you can only start the mod through the launcher if you are having problems I suggest you post on Sphereii's Launcher thread here-https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

He is pretty good with getting people straightened out. It will take a long time to download the first time it is a SDX mod and has a lot more assets and code.

@BenjyRomig-

Ya I fixed it this morning. Stone Knife takes 1 Duct Tape now. And the skill stuff is fixed.

NOTE FOR TESTERS

If you see something that doesn't look right it probably isn't right. So report it and your suggestion on how it should be.

Thank you

Yes, you need to press "play mod" in the launcher but uncheck the "refresh mods automatically" box first and it will not redownload the mod. However, you need to test mod sync occasionally or you wont get the client side fixes that will be coming often while the mod is in its debug phase.

- - - Updated - - -

You will get that if you don't hit play from within the launcher.

Yes, I'm runing from the launcher. Clicking on "Play Mod" button. After it copie the entire game folder and the mod I believe.

This is how it is: http://i.imgur.com/fVeuuNL.png

Yes, I'm runing from the launcher. Clicking on "Play Mod" button. After it copie the entire game folder and the mod I believe.

if you are having problems I suggest you post on Sphereii's Launcher thread here-https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die He is pretty good with getting people straightened out.

Here is what I did with a similar issue:

Here is what I did:

1) Go to Steam > 7DTD > Properties and verify files (there should be 36 that get updated

2) Open 7DTD through steam just to be sure it is woring correctly

3) Open the 7DTD Launcher

4) Toggle "Advanced" mode on

5) Select the True Survival SDX option under the Spider listing

6) select the location to which your 7DTD stuff is saved in the pull-down menu

7) Make sure "Copy from an Existing Copy" is highlighted

8) CLick "INstall Mod."

9) Highlight the True Survival SDX option and click "Play Mod"

@Spider:

A couple other notes as far as starting professions are concerned. I know that the quests names and descriptions aren't updated, but for the most part the quests themselves are right; however, Cop and Carpenter still give the doctor quests. Also, I got two Park Ranger quests from the park ranger case. Finally, you can read both the tattered shirt and the pants with your starting clothes.

"Compactdriver" as an item cannot be assembled. When attempting to assemble one console shows:

"SDX: Could not find asset "DrillToolPreview"

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.

@xyth-

Changing profiles does not restart your character it just changes what you look like. T

NOTE FOR TESTERS

If you see something that doesn't look right it probably isn't right. So report it and your suggestion on how it should be.

Thank you

The key point is that when I logged out last night I had a quest log full of quests including my class quests for Fireman. This morning I was restarted to L1 with no quests listed and no option to select a new profession. So basicly until you completely blow out my character I can't test any of the quest lines.

@BenjyRomig-

Thanks for the bugs fixed them.

@xyth-

idk. We did start a new map i think last night, after we played around in cheat mode a while. So that's why you don't have the same toon. But you should have gotten a kit when you joined. Did you get kicked when you logged in or something?

Some fisherman issues:

Can't find a way to turn harvested bamboo into bamboo poles - harvested bamboo seems to be able to be placed on the ground, and that's it, this prevents simple rods from being created.

Fisherman should start with a pole instead of a knife, otherwise, it is a useless class since making the cheapest pole requires forge > anvil + claw hammer + 20 sinew which will take a ridiculous amount of time.

@BenjyRomig-

Thanks for the bugs fixed them.

@xyth-

idk. We did start a new map i think last night, after we played around in cheat mode a while. So that's why you don't have the same toon. But you should have gotten a kit when you joined. Did you get kicked when you logged in or something?

No kick. Normal log in.

Actually, with the latest version of the Mod Launcher, you don't need to uncheck the Refresh Mods automatically. It does an incremental update for Spider's mod, so it's faster after the first sync.

Fisherman should start with a pole instead of a knife, otherwise, it is a useless class since making the cheapest pole requires forge > anvil + claw hammer + 20 sinew which will take a ridiculous amount of time.

Characters are not nesesserily able to use their class abilities from the start in this mod. They have the skill, but they can use it usually close to the mid game.

Archived