Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Question :

I saw that there's a minigun weapon so I was searching how to get it, I can't find a way to make it so can we only get it through trader/looting ? 

what's the game stage required to find it I have a 515 lootstage but still not find it and there is no wiki for this mod nor there's any information on Google or anything 

Awesome mod!

My group of friends and I have picked the game up again because of the fresh take this mod takes on things, and we've gotten to the end stages were we are trying to upgrade gear. The delay in progression to base building is a bit frustrating at first, but I like how we've been forced to live in a POI instead of just having a custom base up within the first few days (although, on the latest playthrough, we lived on the street in front of the trader). The repair station is a really cool mechanic as is the recycler (although, "it'd be cool if" bullets took a bit less time to recycle). The skill system is good (though, it seems that using a drill is slower for leveling than a pickaxe, I've yet to confirm).

The vehicle progression is a bit rough at first, but then great. We skipped bicycles entirely (it'd have to be basically a handout for it to be obtainable), and pooled for a quad, which was AMAZING for mining operations (the thing climbs super well). After that, we got the mining cart, then the Covered Military truck, and finally the big ol dump truck (mostly because it was cool).

I both love and hate the crafting progression. You can get the best items in the game from crafting, which I love, but it still feels very suboptimal compared to questing until you get a decent item and then upgrading that. It's probably a controversial subject on how good trading vs questing vs crafting should be, but I feel questing a bit strong vs the other two. After effective day 150 (300 total hours), we've yet to get anyone decently good mods. My friends and I are planning another run through, we'd be adding a new recipe for scrap plastic (using coal and/or petrol) and acid (utilizing sulfur + water). 

We tripped up a bit when trying to go for titanium. We thought it was steel tools or above, and when it was slow going, we raided everything until we maxed the mining perk books. Even with that, titanium was slow until we got a valk drill, and then we discovered the issue :). Mechanical parts were somewhat an issue, I wish there were better sources of them. Electrical parts are not used as much, but seem to be easier to find (computers, tvs, the many, many electrical blocks around). Could you add mechanical parts to a few more loot tables, such as for conveyor belts?

The racetrack POI is a really refreshing experience (it's our first community POI I believe). Having groups of enemies be obviously themed was a blast. Fighting 10 of a certain enemy type in a single room was chaotic. After going through the downstairs to the outside again, it was a little disorienting knowing which way to go.

Thanks for all the work that's gone into the mod! 

Edited by FifthElement
bad spoiler (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I took a long break from UL and now came back to it with version 2.6.17. The mod has improved so much and is phenomenal, well done and thanks a lot Subquake.

Just one thing is bothering me at the moment, which are scorpions and their ability to poison me. Didn't know they are impossible to encounter in the early game, so got hit a few times and poisoned. So... to cure the intoxication I need to craft an antidote and to craft an antidote I need to kill scorpions which are extremely hard to kill and make the poisoning worse with each hit? To me this sounds like a vicious circle and I think there should be an alternative way to craft an antidote, maybe a weaker one that only cures a small percentage. An alternative that does not require the killing of scorpions and neither requires a chem station because no one has a chem station in the early game.

For the last three ingame days I am trying to get rid of the poisoning. Luckily opened a treasure map with lots of ammo in it that I used to kill lots of scorpions. Also found a working chem station in my neighbourhood. Used the first antidote when the poisoning was at 56 % and man, the percentage decreases so slowly... also the dehydration debuff is extremely strong. Always dehydrated, using all my tea / water supplies and basically always out of stamina.

Also I'm not sure whether a single antidote cures like 25 % of the poisoning (thought that is what it said somewhere) or all of the poisoning? Since now a single antidote has cured over 40 % already and it is still dropping.

Anyway, thanks again Subquake, right now my favorite 7D2D mod!!

Cement, cement, small stones, stone powder, cement, oh my!

I'd love to see cement get a bit of an overhaul in UL.  My team of 6 players have been building a base and garage for our many vehicles and we are constantly running out of cement.  Typical yield for shoveling a stack of cement bags in different POIs typically results in 7 to 10 cement.  That's barely enough to make a few buckets of Concrete, especially due to the stone powder and sand requirements.  This has left us strip-mining the wastelands to get dozens of 1,000 stack small stones to grind into stone powder in our many mortar & pestles, to use in the furnace to make cement that then has to be mixed with more stone powder and sand to make Concrete Mix.  You get the idea.

I am all about realism and challenges, but the cement balancing in the game is a bit out-of-whack in our opinion...  

I'd suggest upping the harvest on pallets of cement to around 20 to make life easier for us builders!  I don't feel that would throw the game balance off in any meaningful way.  Thanks Subquake.

To add to my above post: Antidote does cure all of the poisoning although its description says it only cures 25 %. That looks like a mistake to me, in my case one antidote cured a poisoning > 50 %. But FINALLY I got rid of that, feels good 😄

To add some noob questions:

- My bicycle says it can carry up to 400 weight units. But it doesn't have any storage space, right?!

- What are brass trophies, fishing leads or any other resource without any recipes good for? Can't use them at the forge.

- Are old tires the only way to get hands on rubber?

And a suggestion:

You can upgrade your stuff at one of the workbenches. Wouldn't it be nice to see the new stats of your gear before you actually upgrade that, just so you know what to expect and whether the upgrade is worth it or not?

17 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

- My bicycle says it can carry up to 400 weight units. But it doesn't have any storage space, right?!

That means, when you and your inventory weights more then 400, it won't move.

At the early stage the bicycle can transport more weight you can carry self. You can overweight yourself until you hit the 400, and still can bring all the stuff back home.

And carefully later with vehicle storage, you allways need to count yourself and your inventroy weight into the carry capacity of the vehicle.

17 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

You can upgrade your stuff at one of the workbenches. Wouldn't it be nice to see the new stats of your gear before you actually upgrade that, just so you know what to expect and whether the upgrade is worth it or not?

Since there is allways a little random part at the upgrades, you Never know what you get.

Quality D isn't quality D, it can differ.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

i know this is a very long shot, but could you possibly make your mod compatible with farmlife revisited, the one that was done last year, i am currently using age of oblivion mod because of the farmlife, bit, but i would prefer to use yours, cleaner UI better vehicle options etc etc, just an idea, i did try to use them in tandem last year, but it gave me all matter of errors.

cheers.

Speaking of hotkeys, I have got a very serious and urgent request 😄

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us close the map the same way we open it, that is the hotkey M. I always press M --> open map, press M again to close it --> ah dang doesn't work, then press ESC to actually close it.

4 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Speaking of hotkeys, I have got a very serious and urgent request 😄

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us close the map the same way we open it, that is the hotkey M. I always press M --> open map, press M again to close it --> ah dang doesn't work, then press ESC to actually close it.

I'll fix it one day, it is due to how I did the custom UI, that messed up those hotkeys, sorry about that

Hey 

I just started playing UL with some friends and family and the few hours we spend ingame had been some of the best so far :)

One of my friends just got the overhaul via modlauncher but as soon he starts the game he is getting a lot of "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". He used some other mods, so he did a clean installation but the error remains. 

https://justpaste.it/61fb4

I don´t know if this is the right place to post it, if not I will move it. But maybe someone had the same error with UL

2 hours ago, heaedz said:

Hey 

I just started playing UL with some friends and family and the few hours we spend ingame had been some of the best so far :)

One of my friends just got the overhaul via modlauncher but as soon he starts the game he is getting a lot of "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". He used some other mods, so he did a clean installation but the error remains. 

I don´t know if this is the right place to post it, if not I will move it. But maybe someone had the same error with UL

Best to troubleshoot these things on my discord channel live :)

https://discord.gg/bGd5QTreUf 

7 hours ago, heaedz said:

Hey 

If you didn't was at the Discord allready.

Be sure you use the latest version of modlauncher V4.

When you use older version (special the very old V2) they don't upgrade automatical to the newer version, you have to download and reinstal the modlauncher manualy.

4 hours ago, Canute said:

If you didn't was at the Discord allready.

Be sure you use the latest version of modlauncher V4.

When you use older version (special the very old V2) they don't upgrade automatical to the newer version, you have to download and reinstal the modlauncher manualy.

Okay that´s what he did and now it´s working for him. Thanks for the tip :) 

9 hours ago, Subquake said:

Best to troubleshoot these things on my discord channel live :)

https://discord.gg/bGd5QTreUf 

Just joined :)

Hey guys i have a little bug..

I'm currently playing the Undead Legacy with some friends, and everything is fine exept for a little bug and it seems to be only for me..

For example, when you are cutting a tree normally you should see a circle around the arrow that decreases hit after hit but in my case i don't see anything..I'm gonna also posting a screenshot, maybe someone got this bug also or maybe knows what is the problem and how to fix it..

Thank you guys and have a nice day!

Image.png

Edited by Mox (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Mox said:

Hey guys i have a little bug..

I'm currently playing the Undead Legacy with some friends, and everything is fine exept for a little bug and it seems to be only for me..

For example, when you are cutting a tree normally you should see a circle around the arrow that decreases hit after hit but in my case i don't see anything..I'm gonna also posting a screenshot, maybe someone got this bug also or maybe knows what is the problem and how to fix it..

Thank you guys and have a nice day!

Image.png

It's because the arrow doesn't scale with the rest of the UI. I can't do much about it just yet, because those icons are hard coded and I haven't looed where and how they are done and can't promise when and if I'll look into it, because not a lot of players play on such low resolutions.

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

It's because the arrow doesn't scale with the rest of the UI. I can't do much about it just yet, because those icons are hard coded and I haven't looed where and how they are done and can't promise when and if I'll look into it, because not a lot of players play on such low resolutions.

Low resolution?Wait a minute..

I have the resolution set on low because in past i tried something then i forgot to set it how it was..Maybe if i set it now it could fix my problem(Since i don't have problems on playing with high resolution).. Gonna give it a try..Thank you Subquake!

57 minutes ago, Mox said:

Low resolution?Wait a minute..

I have the resolution set on low because in past i tried something then i forgot to set it how it was..Maybe if i set it now it could fix my problem(Since i don't have problems on playing with high resolution).. Gonna give it a try..Thank you Subquake!

Check also in the Options -> Video ->User Interface if it's enabled

I'd really like to be able to mod in more enemy types but still use this overhaul mod as I love the extra items and progression, but the vanilla zombies don't provide much of a combat challenge even with the population numbers cranked up. Does anyone know if any of the zombie mods are compatible with Undead Legacy or if there are any patches available for compatibility? NPCMod unfortunately doesn't seem to be compatible, I found a statement by the mod author saying it's not compatible with Darkness Falls or Undead Legacy.

I like the look of Guppy's A20 Zombies and ENZombies but since I'm a moron I have no idea how to make the mods work with each other and Google isn't helping. ErrorNull, the author of ENZombies, seems to have said once that he wanted to make his mod compatible with Undead Legacy? But I haven't found anything on whether he actually achieved that, and there are no patches to be found. Undead Legacy is finicky enough already and crashes occasionally even without me experimenting with combining it with other mods.

Any smart guys able to drop some info on me here or point me to any tutorials on how to manually add extra zombies to Undead Legacy's entity groups?

34 minutes ago, geengaween said:

(..)  the vanilla zombies don't provide much of a combat challenge even with the population numbers cranked up (..)

More enemies are going to be added in future updates

35 minutes ago, geengaween said:

Undead Legacy is finicky enough already and crashes occasionally (..)

Most likely it's because you don't have enough system memory, increase your pagefile size to at least 32gb

52 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Most likely it's because you don't have enough system memory, increase your pagefile size to at least 32gb

I have 16gb RAM so I increased to min 2930 and max 45000, This seemed to work nicely to reduce the long load times I was experiencing, thanks for that

I experimented with Guppy's Mod and ENZombies + EN's patch for Guppy's Mod, and it all seems to co-exist fine with Undead Legacy on both a new game and an existing save.

For anyone here from google, drop Guppy's Zombies mod, ENZombies Mod, and the ENZombies Guppy's mod patch into your mod folder where all the Undead Legacy mod folders are also found. I'll update this post if I run into issues but so far no problems

--edit--

great mod by the way man, it really fixes the progression and makes the game fun again, love all the different items and work benches. Very nice work

Edited by geengaween (see edit history)

Thoughts.

Its quite stable and has no major bugs to speak of.

It addresses progression issues and frankly just makes things look better.

There are some missing things of course as he one man and its a work in progress.

But there not game impacting and mostly cosmetic like the lack of stove.

You can get around that one with the toon stove v2 mod which works fine with undead except you can't sort items by weight which for a stove is likely pointless anyway.

Drawbacks are minimal.

It is a much slower lo load for obvious reasons but this can be greatly improved by using OCB Startup Optimizer (A20) by ocbMaurice

Some vehicles dont drive like they should with the buggy being a perfect example. It should have more bounce and corner much better but kind of drives like a truck.

Also your wife may scream when she see's the scorpions for the first time and damage your hearing😅

Loot drops are probably a little to nerfed by 5-10%.

There are little issues like sometimes zombies dont see the new sliding doors/gates but this is a base game issue and not the mod. Replacing the door again normally fixes this.

Electricity can be flaky which is also a base game issue and can be fixed orvMaurice electricity overhaul mod

In all a excellent mod with lots of polish that just looks really good.

What i like to see.

The obvious like everyone else more creatures and npc's 😁

Maybe a smaller one or two person versions of the elevator .

Some kind of farming mod like grow lights or something like the gmo mod.