Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Hello, Subquake! I immediately ask you to excuse me for my English - I do not speak, I use a translator. And as a consequence of this remark, let me, on behalf of the entire Russian-speaking gaming community, thank You most sincerely for introducing and supporting the Undead Legacy mod of Russian localization. This topic periodically pops up on Russian forums and streams, receiving high appreciation and gratitude from users for your decision (especially in view of how dark times have come for us, Russians), noting also that other modders of major repairs do not do this at all. A huge, huge thank you to you and your team for this.

The second thing I wanted to write about and ask for, with a little personal coloring. I've been playing your mod for a long time, and I'll definitely devote months and months to it. In real life, I am a lonely person, and at some point in the game I caught myself that I am lonely here too. I need a partner who could cover me on the left while I shoot to the right, and sometimes say something, for example, mocking how crooked I am building a base. The description of Your fashion and actions indicates that the team is inspired, among other things, by the Fallout series of games, where, as we know, you can find friends and girlfriends, arm them, re-equip their armor and even charm and make love. 

Such functionality is the limit of dreams, of course, I'm not asking for this, at the moment I would only like my drone to be able to shoot, so that when defending myself from a crowd of zombies I could hear friendly fire and feel support - this works much better psychologically than a "drone psychologist" with his stamina :). I know that in some version of vanilla, the drone was given such functionality, and a demo DEV video was shown (unfortunately, I couldn't find it), but later removed this feature, arguing that it was becoming too easy. This is very sad for me.

How do I try to overcome loneliness in the game? It's difficult when you're not a programmer and have a very vague idea about classes, inheritance, and so on. You're going to laugh now (yes, I saw an ironic message that there should be an understanding of what you're doing), but I looked at the vanilla game files, and saw there commented out lines of code dedicated to the drone (<property class="Action0">) describing the shooting, and turned them on. This didn't work, nor did porting the code directly to Undead Legacy. So that you don't laugh, I won't describe other manipulations with the code, such as transferring pieces of code from "gunBotT2JunkTurret" to "gunBotT3JunkDrone" and digging into enityclasses, but quoting the movie "Flying over the Cuckoo's Nest" - I at least tried :)

Realizing that knowledge is categorically lacking, I went to look for ready-made drone mods on NexusMod, and was amazed to find only one, including 4 drones (police, scout, medical, combat), with beautiful models, but that's all. The summoned drone does not follow the player as the original one, but will fly away along a known trajectory, in addition, the author of the mod used a strange solution - the method of attack is not shooting but melee - the drone strikes an invisible blow with an invisible weapon. Perhaps I would be satisfied with such a company on the way, but as I said above, the drone does not have a binding to the player.

Finally, having decided to look outside of NexusMod, I got to this site, to a neighboring branch called NPCMod, where the team is developing exactly what I was talking about at the beginning - partners / partners who can be hired, who periodically chat, cover in battle, although of course Fallout functionality is still very far away. I installed it in Undead Legacy, and it works in a limited way: NPCs spawn, run, shoot, say something, but it is impossible to hire - there is no dialog box. This problem with my pathetic skills was still solved (I described it in that forum thread), the NPC is hired, follows me, shows inventory (infinite weight), and in general it became more fun. But it turned out that this mod, positioning itself as designed to fill the game with real people, is also stuffed with many other features and therefore is not as cross-platform as it seemed. For example, it has its own mechanism for breaking locks (why? there is no answer), which completely breaks the use of lock picks and time bombs in Your fashion, which has its own mini-game. The safe or ATM can still be broken, but at the beginning of the game there are no such powerful weapons and perks, and so you have to choose - either you have a company but you don't have loot, or vice versa.

In general, I apologize for the verbosity, the shooting drone is still my priority and I am asking for a solution on how to teach it to shoot. Thanks more for the mod, and for reading it all :)

@rugraver https://ul.subquake.com/roadmap

NPC followers are in my roadmap and I wouldn't want anything less than having them be like at the very minimum like Thralls from Conan Exiles, with inventory, stats and ability to give them equipment, but first I'm waiting for TFP to add bandits in the game so there would be a solid AI baseline to expand upon :)

Heya sub, quick question(s)

Does shadowfox not influence gunfire noise? I bought 2 levels into it, hoping that it would reduce gunfire noise further down along w/ the silencer, but on a quick test it didn't seem to influence it.

And is there a UL-specific motorcycle that's better in terms of storage slots/speed then the standard one? I know that cars/trucks offer more slots and default weight, but i'm rather fond of the default better speed and maneuverability of the MC. So if there's a rare spawn of a better version out there somewhere, i'll keep my eyes out.

I'm also assuming that certain schem's (such as the engine turbo boost) are random drop only?

Thanks in advance for the reply :)

1 hour ago, wolfarus said:

And is there a UL-specific motorcycle that's better in terms of storage slots/speed then the standard one? I know that cars/trucks offer more slots and default weight, but i'm rather fond of the default better speed and maneuverability of the MC. So if there's a rare spawn of a better version out there somewhere, i'll keep my eyes out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OiNGJD7ZP25-TZd4UNpFYLnnpNye4w0tFbQNAygVTIs/edit#gid=1151709785

I am pretty sure shadowfox only modify the noise the playeraction made not from the rangeweapons.
But that need to verify Subquake.

13 minutes ago, theworldsaddress said:

Thank you so much. Now, I hate to sound dumb, but where in the server file structure would I find that> Is it just adding to the serverconfig file or do I need to look somewhere else?

Nevermind. I figured it out! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction! Your mod is fantastic.

5 hours ago, NikolasNet said:

Hello. I can't download the mod. the message file is corrupted appears. How to fix it?

You can't download it ?

There are 2 download links, try the mirror, but  both are working for me.

Try another browser or use a download tool.

Or use the Modlauncher v4

Hello everyone, I've hit a bit of a snag that I can't resolve, which might be quickly answered by a vet : I remember seeing a youtuber "broadcast" his containers for crafting, however the button he uses is missing from my version of the game (his version was from 2022). Is this something that must be modded in or do you need a landclaim block? Other? Many thanks for your help!

Also, is there another place to discussion such issues? The discord seems empty.

55 minutes ago, Eightpointnine said:

Hello everyone, I've hit a bit of a snag that I can't resolve, which might be quickly answered by a vet : I remember seeing a youtuber "broadcast" his containers for crafting, however the button he uses is missing from my version of the game (his version was from 2022). Is this something that must be modded in or do you need a landclaim block? Other? Many thanks for your help!

Also, is there another place to discussion such issues? The discord seems empty.

It was moved to the radial menu, hold E on storage and select broadcasting from there, more about that can be read in the ingame Journal