Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

8 hours ago, Slicker said:

why without a collection of books treasures, Kevlar can be extracted from chairs (with wrench)? It shouldn't be like this

You can pick up or break down many items for things you not yet able to make yourself.      Street lights to steel for example.

Remember you can research things before you find schematics for them to learn how to make them.

This requires some of the item in question to research it.

Some books just dont show for crazy lengths of time in the game and there needed to be a off set for this.

Many of the mods have a research system to get around this flaw in the game.

Considering researching cost you the item and it's not cheap it works well.

Edited by Magnus33john (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Slicker said:

You absolutely did not understand what I wrote

The wrench mechanic is vanilla hold over and frankly not really worth anyone's time to address.

Since there are other ways to get the resources  like scraping or recycling it's not remotely a big deal.

Keep in mind this is a alpha game and there are plenty of things that dont make sense in the game or work poorly.

You can find stews and hot dogs years later after the zombie out break which makes no sense rather then say mre which would make sense.

Maybe the developers address this but it's unlikely as it works even if it's kind of clunky.

I was hoping this would drop on/around the 21st-22nd, so i could have one full day to sink my teeth into a new 7D experience. Now i have to wait until this upcoming wed..a pox of constipated newts on you for making me wait another week, Sub!

Seriously though, ty very VERY much for your work! As i've said before, between UL and DF, my current and future 7d shenanigans are always covered!

On 11/9/2022 at 10:15 PM, Spladow said:

I tried multiple video setting changes, including setting Reflections to "High", with no change in the look of the iron chests or vehicles.  Note the screenshot below.  It's only the one iron chest model that is coming up as matte black, and only some cars and trucks (maybe ones that are always black). The other iron chest version (in the stack of boxes above) is showing up correctly in the gray color.

With vehicles, the police vehicles, some ambulances and trucks, goKart, some motorcycles, etc. appear in this matte black.  Cars that are bright colors (red, yellow, white, etc.) seem to display fine.

I'm on Mac OS 12.6.  27" iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 24 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB.  Can't really update the drivers, as this is controlled by Apple. Maybe it is something that can be tweaked some other way.  Maybe in the code itself.  I had a similar issue with graphics problems in a game called the Long Dark (Hinterland), that the developers had me switch to some other graphics engine until they could fix the standarm Mac graphics engine.  Not sure if that tidbit helps this discussion...

I seem to recall vanilla 7D2D also had some objects that were matte black, but I would need to double check that.

2022-11-09_12-51-50.jpg

Well, for me it is the same.

The Storage Boxes, Recycling Station, some Cars, the Water Well and even Bird Nests (the latter who worked just fine before upgrading to the new version of 7DtD and UL half an hour ago).

See attached images.

I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6. MacPro (mid 2010), 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 580 8 GB.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-26 um 13.04.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-26 um 13.09.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-26 um 16.29.39.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-26 um 16.29.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-26 um 16.31.14.png

Edited by Anarath (see edit history)

Having an issue starting the mod, when it load I get a bunch of GFX errors, the game will load, but I'm missing about 50% of the icons in inventory or on the tool belt.  Example, the Spear is just a blank square in inventory, or tool belt, but I see the bar for it's durability, and I see the spear if I put it in hand. 

This was with the newest UL patch, 2022.22.25-2.6.17

Thanks

Fyn

2 hours ago, SgtSlaughter said:

Having an issue starting the mod, when it load I get a bunch of GFX errors, the game will load, but I'm missing about 50% of the icons in inventory or on the tool belt.  Example, the Spear is just a blank square in inventory, or tool belt, but I see the bar for it's durability, and I see the spear if I put it in hand. 

This was with the newest UL patch, 2022.22.25-2.6.17

Thanks

Fyn

If you used the mod launcher to install UL, it won't work unless it's mod launcher version 4: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/releases/latest

For manual installation this video should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0jImOiGe-U

Make sure you have an unmodded clean version A20.6 of the game before doing anything

Awesome mod, I was hesitant to use it but a couple tubers showed it off and I took the plunge. Progression is a challenge, but in a good way. Lots of things I like about it compared to vanilla.

--first item--

I was not able to power the recycler from a battery bank despite having the watts to spare, I had to use a generator bank instead. I was planning to power the recycler for 1 hour a day using a timer so I could queue up items over night for 1 hour of recycling each morning, and the batteries could charge up during the rest of the day.

note: this plan likely was not going to work anyway, what with the on/off switch, but...science.  If this fact is in the journal notes I apologize, I forgot about those until just now.

--second item--

I understand the disassembler was replaced by the recycler and that the recycler does not generate data cards (so no getting data cards from tv's and computers anymore), leaving just books and schematics for data. Early game data is not easy, you have to be very diligent about scraping schematics you won't actually be using (are you really gonna make knuckles or a stun baton with a clubs and smg build?).

I did some testing and I am not seeing an advantage to using the recycler versus just wrenching as I go. I suppose if you are in a hurry you could just grab and go (maybe just hoard for the early game), but by the time you spec up to a recycler you probably have sufficient salvaging tools and skills unlocked by then, making it's utility appear limited. I can one-shot a tv with a wrench before unlocking the recycler and power bank, so collecting them feels slower than just switching tools as I go.

Example: I get the same materials from chairs, tv's and hay bales using a wrench, but get seemingly the same quantity of resources either way (actually you get WAY more grass fibers using a shovel on hay bales, but that is an exception I think).

I'd be okay with the recycler if it gave you the maximum from everything put through it (as in always get 8 scrap rubber rather than say 5-8 scrap rubber for an item). Sort of an efficiency incentive (get the max out everything put through it). Ideally the max plus a bit (say +20%) or even double the random, to cover the fuel expense, but...meh.

Question: Is there some advantage to the recycler I've missed?

Edit: forgot about not being able to scrap some items from inventory, but getting the max from everything would be nice too

Edited by walkingwounded
typo's, update (see edit history)

There's definitely some overlap with Recycler and Wrenching, but you also have to understand, that not every person will max out Salvage Operations and then it's quite useful, on top of that it can recycle not just blocks, but items you don't need as well. As for blocks, sometimes it gives similar resources than when you wrench, other times it gives different resources, it's so that I tried to make it not quite black & white for it's utility :)

48 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Recycler

Hey, Subquake!
sorry for ping I guess :D

But I have a question regarding jumping from 2.5.82 to 2.6.17
I have a map which I've been playing on with friends and we aren't planning on starting a new game

So, 
1) to update the game, we all just should overwrite the files with new ones?
1.1) what should be done first: changing the game version or installing the mod via plain overwriting?
2) should I go and do something to the map before updating? I heard that disassembly station was removed (hence the "recycler" quote), so should I put it in some container or do whatever else with something else?
3) is it worth keeping on playing on the old map or we're going to miss out on some stuff?
Thanks in advance!

Edited by GUNR_700 (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, GUNR_700 said:

Hey, Subquake!
sorry for ping I guess :D

But I have a question regarding jumping from 2.5.82 to 2.6.17
I have a map which I've been playing on with friends and we aren't planning on starting a new game

So, 
1) to update the game, we all just should overwrite the files with new ones?
1.1) what should be done first: changing the game version or installing the mod via plain overwriting?
2) should I go and do something to the map before updating? I heard that disassembly station was removed (hence the "recycler" quote), so should I put it in some container or do whatever else with something else?
3) is it worth keeping on playing on the old map or we're going to miss out on some stuff?
Thanks in advance!

2.5.82 was for A20.5, you need A20.6 for 2.6.17, while technically you can continue the old save, make some backups, before you do anything, but I highly recommend starting over with 2.6 and generate a new map to have a chance to get the new T5 Racetrack, that came with 2.6 as well as bigger, more interesting cities. :)

10 minutes ago, Subquake said:

2.5.82 was for A20.5, you need A20.6 for 2.6.17, while technically you can continue the old save, make some backups, before you do anything, but I highly recommend starting over with 2.6 and generate a new map to have a chance to get the new T5 Racetrack, that came with 2.6 as well as bigger, more interesting cities. :)

Yeah, that's what I want to do, honestly, start anew with making a smaller map etc etc

So I should just install a newer alpha and then overwrite the new files? Or it's better to reinstall the game from scratch?

Can I get an explanation on "POI Tier Loot Scale"?
Or, even better, how do I configure it so that I won't get a stone spear from a Tier 4-5 chest at the start of the game (for example after looting Red Mesa/Mil. base with rockets)? I mean, I'd love to see some hard POIs on the map to be rewarding since the very start of a game, but not too imbalanced, of course

2 hours ago, GUNR_700 said:

Can I get an explanation on "POI Tier Loot Scale"?
Or, even better, how do I configure it so that I won't get a stone spear from a Tier 4-5 chest at the start of the game (for example after looting Red Mesa/Mil. base with rockets)? I mean, I'd love to see some hard POIs on the map to be rewarding since the very start of a game, but not too imbalanced, of course

It means exactly what it says, in vanilla, the higher tier of the POI, the better loot stage (it gives a bonus to it), that setting scales it, at 0%, it makes it so that it's not affected if it's T1 or T5 POI, it will not increase your Loot Stage, but at 100% it works pretty much like vanilla.

6 minutes ago, Subquake said:

It means exactly what it says, in vanilla, the higher tier of the POI, the better loot stage (it gives a bonus to it), that setting scales it, at 0%, it makes it so that it's not affected if it's T1 or T5 POI, it will not increase your Loot Stage, but at 100% it works pretty much like vanilla.

Ok, thank you for the explanation

Loving this mod, just a few things I would like to suggest:

1: Could you add broadcasting to the vehicles?

Maybe have it so if you drive the car broadcasting turns itself off, and has to be re turned on.

So that when its parked it can send its stuff to near by crafting?  This would be great for smelting ore and rock, but also for fixing those heavy vehicles.

Also about the broadcasting, could you have a toggle in the crafting station to accept broadcasting or not.  sometimes in a shared base, you dont want to use other peoples stuff, so being able to  turn broadcasting off for the bench itself, or maybe even 2 types, ONLY let owner broadcast, or let allies broadcast, as separate toggles.

2: I dont think it makes alot of sense to have the block crafting cost and upgrade cost exactly the same.  It should be about 20% cheaper in each stage to upgrade to the new type of the cost it would be to make that raw block.

3: Could you have the upgraded costs of things such as armor, mods, and weapons be a factor in what you get back when you recycle the item?

4: Research data is a major pain, could you allow us to craft a data miner object like the oil jack / ore extractor, but this one would use a satellite dish and a laptop computer to make, and use old books and paint as its cost, and it would generate research data slowly over time.

5: Like the bee and chick coops, could you add one for boars?  So, by placing crafted haybales in as the feed cost, it would generate other animal products?

So like kind of under the logic that its using the 2 boars required to make the pen as the mating pair, and by feeding them they produce offspring which are just auto converted into meat, fat, bone and hides. 

6: The military truck seems way under balanced.  it holds only 40% more than the mining car, but is wicked harder to get.  it has 1-2km/hr less driving speed.  and it accelerates so slow that its a pain to use.

The only thing it seems worth using is the raw number of slots in its cargo.  and using this many slots, NEVER hits even near the max weight of what the mining car can do.

So in terms of going out to get lots of ore / rock / trees, the mining car is more than enough slots, it just dont work for a poi to poi salvage vehicle, but for how bad the military truck handles, and drives, your better off just doing multiple trips with the mining cart.

7: since you made money weight quite a bit, and made Many a end game item cost 100k - over 1 million dukes, could you add a system where you can store your cash at the trader like a savings account, it would only be for the trader you put the money into, but it could generate a small interest amount to use at the store.

This would let us add money to it over time to save up for those huge purchases.

Also, you could have it so that any mission you do for that trader could be payed out directly to this savings account, and you could get 20% more dukes cause of this.

The offset to this extra mission earning, and savings interest is once you deposit dukes with the trader, its locked in like a gift card, CAN ONLY be redeemed via instore purchases.

Now the issues ive seen.

1: your chem station / furnace upgrade has a progression conflict.  you need military fiber to upgrade the furnace to make titan, but you need titan to upgrade the chem station.  so you need to get one of the 2 stations upgrade of this mat from loot or venders exclusively as you created a chicken and egg, scenario.

2: the elevator, if you leave a vehicle on it, and come back from far away or log in, it will fall threw and hit the ground, also, it stays floating in air for awhile if you try to move elevator down without riding in the vehicle, making it fall after awhile.

3: the recycler when you leave its visual ish range, no longer considers itself turned off, and drains all your fuel, so a manual switch MUST be placed before it to prevent this.

4: Being poisoned does not reset upon death.  Yes the fact your poisoned goes away, but if you died at 80% poison, the next time you get this effect added, it starts at the level of % it was at before you died.

5: you cannot use a splint or cast on a sprain, nothing seems to treat this,  you can only treat an actual broken limb.

6: the last 2 ranks of the repair kits, need scrap steel and scrap titan, either remove this and replace with just ingots of the type, or add a way to turn ore / ingots into scrap at the 1 to 1 cost, as making something out of steel or titan just to scrap it makes no sense.

Loving the mod, hope you keep it going strong.

You can feed the chicken coop flower seeds and they make eggs the beehive you feed flowers and they make honey.

Silly question but how long do the small batteries for the lanterns last?

Oh was it a oversight that the sliding glass doors cost more to make then the powered sliding glass doors or on purpose?

On 11/28/2022 at 3:22 AM, MythN7 said:

Now the issues ive seen.

1: your chem station / furnace upgrade has a progression conflict.  you need military fiber to upgrade the furnace to make titan, but you need titan to upgrade the chem station.  so you need to get one of the 2 stations upgrade of this mat from loot or venders exclusively as you created a chicken and egg, scenario.

I completely agree

And the too high cost of cement production makes it literally impossible. Only loot

Edited by Slicker (see edit history)

I'm having trouble killing scorpions. Well I can kill them ok but they don't die (kind of appropriate for a zombie game), after I kill them the console pops up a red error and the scorpion just sits there twitching. I was having the problem with all scorpions until I updated from 2.6.12 to 2.6.17, now I think I can kill the desert and snow scorpions but in the wastelands I still have issues. Anything I can do about this or just be glad of an excuse not to do wasteland hordes and it'll eventually work itself out ?

Cheers

Screenshot - 1_12_2022 , 12_02_41 am.png

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Grolbu said:

I'm having trouble killing scorpions. Well I can kill them ok but they don't die (kind of appropriate for a zombie game), after I kill them the console pops up a red error and the scorpion just sits there twitching. I was having the problem with all scorpions until I updated from 2.6.12 to 2.6.17, now I think I can kill the desert and snow scorpions but in the wastelands I still have issues. Anything I can do about this or just be glad of an excuse not to do wasteland hordes and it'll eventually work itself out ?

Cheers

Screenshot - 1_12_2022 , 12_02_41 am.png

Make sure you're running properly installed UL 2.6.17, reinstall if you have to.

If you run any modlets on top of UL, I can't help, sorry.