Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

3 hours ago, MythN7 said:

When playing on smaller maps, or even if just playing for long time or with many people, what happends when yhou run out titan nodes in the wasteland?

do you have to repair all your titan gear at the shop for dukes?

Ore Extractors and traders then with occasional titan stuff in loot that you can recycle

10 hours ago, MythN7 said:

When playing on smaller maps, or even if just playing for long time or with many people, what happends when yhou run out titan nodes in the wasteland?

do you have to repair all your titan gear at the shop for dukes?

1. even when you mined all the surface nodes, there are still some deep below the surface.

2. When you run out of it, then you should decide to use none critical items that get repaired with steel.

3. Or you still could emigrate to another map like all old good miner when their claim runs out, or pray to your local god that he might chunkreset some wasteland or delete all regio files beside the one with the player bases.

Anyone know why destroy_on_close="true" doesn't work on the bird nests in latest experimental UL? I've added it to both the base game lootcontainerID=25 and to the lootcontainername=birdnest loot.xml from the UL_Content1 folder. It works on the trash...

59 minutes ago, RdB81 said:

Anyone know why destroy_on_close="true" doesn't work on the bird nests in latest experimental UL? I've added it to both the base game lootcontainerID=25 and to the lootcontainername=birdnest loot.xml from the UL_Content1 folder. It works on the trash...

Ah, got it: had to remove the downgradeblock info from Blocks.xml 

8 hours ago, Canute said:

1. even when you mined all the surface nodes, there are still some deep below the surface.

2. When you run out of it, then you should decide to use none critical items that get repaired with steel.

3. Or you still could emigrate to another map like all old good miner when their claim runs out, or pray to your local god that he might chunkreset some wasteland or delete all regio files beside the one with the player bases.

what do you mean emigrate to another map?

like just start over?

15 hours ago, Subquake said:

Ore Extractors and traders then with occasional titan stuff in loot that you can recycle

do the extractors affect what and how much you get based on the biome or surface they are on?

like if putting them right on top of a ore node makes a diff or in the wasteland vs forest?

in my experience, for the cost of making them, a compact engien is not easy to come by.  i think ive seen 8 in total ever, and i already have dune runner.

I usually get only 1 -3 things in it, and NEVER more than 10-99 of an item.

Since we need literlay 10's of thousands of things like lead, copper, iron, coal, all but the titan, getting this current small amount every few game days seems like a joke, when you cannot just leave it run for several loops.

Cause to this early game is hard, and even then you get nothing in amounts that help.

And at end game, when you have a valkerye drill, it seems like ugh.

So could you just change it in a way that instead of searching it like untouched after its done, it just keeps digging non stop, till its full, and needs gas or power to run.

So it would have a progress bar like the recycler, and pull 1 random ore per time, on a much quicker run. you can just open and grab when your near it.

Edited by MythN7 (see edit history)

Request:  could you take the rubble that impedes vehicle movement at the waste land traders, and either just remove them, or take the indestructible tag off them?

Would be nice to be able to go down that part of the main road at there door without having to deal with it, over and over. 

On 11/27/2022 at 6:56 AM, Subquake said:

There's definitely some overlap with Recycler and Wrenching, but you also have to understand, that not every person will max out Salvage Operations and then it's quite useful, on top of that it can recycle not just blocks, but items you don't need as well. As for blocks, sometimes it gives similar resources than when you wrench, other times it gives different resources, it's so that I tried to make it not quite black & white for it's utility :)

So does this mean that if you max out salvage opperations, in many cases its better to do that instead of picking each object up and bring back to be put in this machine?

Maybe could you add a tool tip popup when you hover over the recyclable tag in the description of the possible items you can get, with a num range on each icon in the list?  Assuming that its as easy as just coding in a reference to the rng pool the machine actually uses.

Also, many things cannot be recycled, like the iron storage boxes, but the steel and titan can be.

Another Request:

Could you add a downgrade option to the maint bench.

Where it would drop an items rank, and give back most of the mats it took to do that?

This would let us downgrade items we find of higher rank, since the recycler does not factor those costs in.

Also, could you add upgrades to the mortar and pestle, cooking fire, and edit the furnaces upgrades to add this.

Each upgrade rank, would increase crafting speed by 10%, and also add 2 more input and output slots to the ques.

The final campfire upgrade would turn it into an actual kitchen stove with a stove top burner object, and it would use electricity instead of coal or wood.

Also, about upgrades, could you make the ore  / oil extractor have an upgrade where it takes a diamond tip mod and some other assorded items as the cost, and it would increase the work speed by mabye 20 %, then a final upgrade where you add a valkerye drill and some asssorted parts, to add another 30% work speed, cutting it down by half for each one you do these upgrades to?

very frustrate with the elevators, and drawbridges.

had a brick foundation supported by 8 pillars on the edge as you can see, and the elevator was destroyed along with my blocks, upon placement even tho it was green color.

same thing happened with a powered drawbridge.

image.thumb.png.6953473a70757be51f56f2d20f848185.png

could you possibly make these 2 items, drawbridge, and elevator, since they are so expensive and cumbersome to put down have a placement version you build, called maybe elevator shape helper, and drawbridge shape helper, that would cost nothing more than mabye a bunch of wood and nails.

But this object would have the same mass as the real one, but the same durability as wood. to prevent it from being used as a defense block or something.

so we can place it as a test block.

But also, instead of picking it up to put the real one down, you would use the nail gun or some such tool to upgrade that to the real one by having it in your inventory and applying it.

7 hours ago, MythN7 said:

Why you don't start a new world, enable cheat mode for that.

Enable Creative mode (F1 then enter cm) and give you all the materials you want to test with.

Just to test out how it works so you can do it right at your main world.

15 hours ago, MythN7 said:

very frustrate with the elevators, and drawbridges.

had a brick foundation supported by 8 pillars on the edge as you can see, and the elevator was destroyed along with my blocks, upon placement even tho it was green color.

same thing happened with a powered drawbridge.

image.thumb.png.6953473a70757be51f56f2d20f848185.png

could you possibly make these 2 items, drawbridge, and elevator, since they are so expensive and cumbersome to put down have a placement version you build, called maybe elevator shape helper, and drawbridge shape helper, that would cost nothing more than mabye a bunch of wood and nails.

But this object would have the same mass as the real one, but the same durability as wood. to prevent it from being used as a defense block or something.

But also, instead of picking it up to put the real one down, you would use the nail gun or some such tool to upgrade that to the real one by having it in your inventory and applying it.

I've had that happen to me in vanilla and in Undead Legacy before, where I thought I had everything designed and placed correctly, but the game mechanics and physics had their own way with things 🙂 and CRASH, everything falls apart.  Drawbridge placement can be finicky, since it takes up so many blocks and has to be placed just right to prevent it from falling apart.

If I expended the materials myself to build the special items (drawbridge, for example), I'll do similarly what Canute suggested, go into CREATIVE MODE, grab fresh items that got destroyed and try to place them again into my structures.  That way it isn't like you are cheating.

If the structure itself didn't support the drawbridge before, then maybe something in your design was too wide or structurally unsound.  That's a good time to do exactly what Canute said and fire up a new test instance of UL, go into creative mode: F1 for console, then type "CM" for creative mode, and optionally type "DM" to get into debug mode Debug mode will let you look at the stability structure of your buildings when clicking your ESC key and checking the box on the options panel.  I usually have a test game where I am always in debug/creative mode where I can test out my building ideas before I make a mess of a building I spent a lot of time working on.

Below is a picture of me test-placing a drawbridge to start a raised walkway from my base (across the street) to my reclaimed parking garage/helicopter landing base!  The drawbridge works fine on the 8 wood frames I placed.

Good luck!

2022-12-08_08-35-52.png

13 minutes ago, german said:

Oh thanks, but I meant third party non-UL mods. Before this I used a 10K item stack and other favorite mods in UL2.5 and now I can't remember where I put them last time that they worked for me.

The downloaded folder with the mod should be placed in SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 DTD Unded Legacy\Mods right?

More or less yes.
Whereever you have installed UL, there should be a Mods folder. Thats the place you put all the mods.

It is recommend (but not nessesary) to create a copy of the vanilla gamefolder and use that copy when you use overhaul mods.

You can use the modlauncher (https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/releases/) to instal UL and addional mods.

BUT, overhaul mods don't like other mods much, special UL which got alot of own custom code which made it difficult to work with UL without a special patch/version of that mod.

So be very carefully when you use addional mods.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:45 AM, Subquake said:

Currently no, it doesn't matter where you put them, even on a rooftop or something. That will be reworked in future

I think LS or GS has a factor on these.

After putting them in the wasteland i started getting much better harvests, and it keeps geting better as I get more GS.

Also, i got a looting perk skill level from opening one, so I am sure this is based on lucky looter as well.

MAC OS X Rending Issues [Updated List]

Here is a quick update for you Subquake, assuming at some time in the future you'll have time to look into the graphic issues with the small handful of models in UL that appear either fully or partially in matte black colors on Mac OSX.  I hope this list helps.  This is in no way a criticism of this amazing MOD or your skills as a developer, just my way of trying to help out with the Mac OS graphical rendering issues on a handful of UL objects (all custom to your Mod).  If I spent this much time on this, I obviously love and care about this mod 😄 

Maybe its a texture common to all these objects or a lighting issue?  Hopefully you'll have some time to look at these in the future.  I might have a couple Mac Minis laying around here I could send you if you don't have access to a Mac!  Thanks again for making 7D2D so much fun again.  -- Spladow

All items below have screenshots stored in a public Google Drive for anyone wanting to look at them.  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vis5EXRPaM8wi2p41au6Pq16d_SOg8Rn?usp=share_link

STORAGE

• Cloth Sack - [2 models] Both version render properly.  Signed version does NOT show text.
  • Wood Storage - [10 models] All version EXCEPT brown Signed and brown Secure render properly.
  • Iron Storage - [8 models] Only the first two and last storage appear correctly.
  • Large Iron Storage - [3 models] - Only the signed last model renders correctly.
  • Steel Storage - [3 models] - NO models render correctly.
  • Large Steel Storage - [4 models] - NO models render correctly.
  • Titanium Storage - [4 models] - NO models render correctly.
  • Large Titanium Storage - [4 models] - NO models render correctly.

VEHICLES

• SUV - [16 models including police + repairables] - NO models render correctly (preview looks great).
  • Ambulance - [1 model + repairables] - Does not render correctly (preview looks bad too).
  • Quad Bike - [1 model + repairables] - Does not render correctly (preview looks great).
  • Military 4x4 - [1 model + repairables] - Does not render correctly (preview looks great).
  • Military Truck - [1 model + repairables] - ALL render correctly EXCEPT for open bed trucks cargo.
  • Police Cruiser - [1 model + repairables] - Does not render correctly (preview looks great).
  • Raven - [1 model] - MAYBE not renderING correctly (unless designed as black "raven" color).
  • Mining Cart - [1 model] - Renders correctly EXCEPT for cargo.

STATIONS

• Chemistry Station - [3 tiers] - All tiers show some rendering issues on apparatus, shelves and other itmes on the tables.  The previews all appear correctly with their appropriate colors.
  • Recycling Station - Renders correctly EXCEPT for bin on right side and little toolbox under table.

MISCELLANEOUS

• Tires - [19 models] The selectable tire models all appear as matte balck EXCEPT for "Tire 4 - white"
  • Water Well - Does not render correctly (preview looks good).

@Spladow It appears that Mac doesn't like custom complex shaders. Unfortunately I can't help with that issue, those assets are very complexly made using an Amplify Shader Editor Plugin for Unity (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/amplify-shader-editor-68570) and it looks like Mac video processing does not understand how to handle those complex materials.

I also have no idea why the preview looks ok and when you place it it's black ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Subquake said:

@Spladow It appears that Mac doesn't like custom complex shaders. Unfortunately I can't help with that issue, those assets are very complexly made using an Amplify Shader Editor Plugin for Unity (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/amplify-shader-editor-68570) and it looks like Mac video processing does not understand how to handle those complex materials.

I also have no idea why the preview looks ok and when you place it it's black ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Roger that.  Totally understand.  Maybe in the future if you have some bandwidth, you can revisit.  Maybe try a different shader for those objects.  Especially strange on some of the objects like the Chemistry Station where it is a mix of good and bad rendering for Mac version of the Mod.  Or maybe the Amplify shader plugin could be patched in the future if that is the cause.  Overall, it only detracts from the beauty of the UL Mod, not the playability.

Thanks for the response.  -- Spladow

16 minutes ago, Spladow said:

Roger that.  Totally understand.  Maybe in the future if you have some bandwidth, you can revisit.  Maybe try a different shader for those objects.  Especially strange on some of the objects like the Chemistry Station where it is a mix of good and bad rendering for Mac version of the Mod.  Or maybe the Amplify shader plugin could be patched in the future if that is the cause.  Overall, it only detracts from the beauty of the UL Mod, not the playability.

Thanks for the response.  -- Spladow

Well it's definitely a Mac issue I suppose, because I have not seen this being reported by Linux users

My best guess is that it could have something to do with how the ingame lighting works and your video drivers think that the object has no lighting.

A few more suggestions

1: since sewing kits are a major major cost in almost everything to upgrade armor / armor mod related and in large numbers could you add the ability to take raw corn you harvest and use its husks basicly as the logic behind turning that fine grain fibers into sewing kits.  Could use a dart trap ammo as the needle.

2: since testosterone is used in I think everything to upgrade at the later levels and right away on some, It would make sense to be able to crush steroids back into it at the mortar and pestle, as well as adding half what bears give to the harvesting of the huge mega mean Dire Wolves.

Or just take it out of the cost for many things that make 0 sense other than it being there as a obvious level gating / gathering hurdle. 

3: could you add advanced rotation to turrets so we can cosmetically attach them to ceilings and walls.

4: the sum value of superior repair kits mats as value to just sell is way higher than the Duke cost to fix a tool that needs titan like the valkerye drill.

It needs 1 ingot worth of actual titan scrap and 30 ingots of titan  plus other stuff you could sell for a few hundred dukes.  So selling the 30 ingots alone already puts me at around 6000-7000 dukes to sell and only need to spend 2300 at trader bench. 

Using my own titan plates at base still asks for 7-8 when fully broke.  But selling 14 ingots still nets me around 400 dukes in my pocket.

Basicly the titan plate coat in both repair bench and kit are just obscene.  Especially for how fast the drill burns out, and I have block damage at 300% to boot.

5: the 6 slot crafting benches for processing nitrate coal bullet tips casings and many many other things you usually want to craft in bulk is quite annoying to type in the qty that ONLY outputs 6 slots, and doing this accross like 5 campfires, 5 mortars, 5 furnaces ect.... is cumbersome,  I'm not asking to make it faster but could you make it output say a box of bullet tips, that stacks to 100 boxes, so we can open these later or store them like this as compact then open a single box of x item to get the 1000 qty stack.

Not saying to change to this. Just add crafting bulk boxes for the many things we want to do that will clog up the 6 slots we have to babysit or use half a dozen of same bench doing.

6: could you make all the traps, turrets, powered spikes electric fence, anything that can't properly run on a pressure plate / camera have 2 states, idle, only takes 1w like a power switch, then active full running draw, when its built in sensors activate the effect.

7 lastly, could u add the ability to pin an active skill like the recipies so we can monitor its exp state in real time.

Loving the mod, it's gotten me back into the game.

Edited by MythN7 (see edit history)

found a significant bug / glitch.

animal harvesting skill does not work right for earning the skill points.

I had harvested hundreds upon hundreds and noticed my skill had not gone up at all.

I started to open the menu and look at the exp value EVERY time i used my knife skinning something.

Since I live in the wasteland, and all i cared about getting was leather, rotten meat and scorpion stuff, and bear testerone, the only things i had been killing and would even spawn near me was vultures, undead bears, scorpions, undead dogs.

NONE!!! of those things give a single point of exp when harvesting them.

However, i did notice, that non infected things, like chickens, rabbits, coyotes, snakes, deer, boars, (havent tested healthy bear) all give animal harvesting exp, even when the animal is not dead, attacking it to just kill it with a bladed weapon gives animal harveting exp, as well as chopping at the corpse after.

Anytime the character uses that special slower harvesting animation, you should get harvesting exp, not in the way i have discovered how it works.

2 hours ago, MythN7 said:

found a significant bug / glitch.

animal harvesting skill does not work right for earning the skill points.

I had harvested hundreds upon hundreds and noticed my skill had not gone up at all.

I started to open the menu and look at the exp value EVERY time i used my knife skinning something.

Since I live in the wasteland, and all i cared about getting was leather, rotten meat and scorpion stuff, and bear testerone, the only things i had been killing and would even spawn near me was vultures, undead bears, scorpions, undead dogs.

NONE!!! of those things give a single point of exp when harvesting them.

However, i did notice, that non infected things, like chickens, rabbits, coyotes, snakes, deer, boars, (havent tested healthy bear) all give animal harvesting exp, even when the animal is not dead, attacking it to just kill it with a bladed weapon gives animal harveting exp, as well as chopping at the corpse after.

Anytime the character uses that special slower harvesting animation, you should get harvesting exp, not in the way i have discovered how it works.

Those are not animals, they are undead bears, dogs, vultures, as for scorpions, they are mutated, they aren't normal animals