Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

10 hours ago, Subquake said:

Those are not animals, they are undead bears, dogs, vultures, as for scorpions, they are mutated, they aren't normal animals

Yes right, but the skill im talking about is animal harvesting.

So, in 1 account, getting that skill just stabbing a living animal in basic combat, should not raise this skill, as your not harvesting it, your just trying to kill it.

and the 2nd account is the purpose of that skill is to be more efficient at harvesting the corpse.

So, using a cutting tool, anytthing that gives hides / skins of anytype, fresh or rotten meat, fat, should raise this skill, as its purpose is to increase the harvest yeild.

If it only increases on live animals, which makes me wonder if it even increases the yeild of hides and rotten meat makes this skill very meh past the point where you get your 1st vehicle, as at that point, your prob facing things more than rabits and deer, as well as the tracking skill needs to be crouched to trigger and only lasts 20 sec at max, where most things you can see very far away from in the car already.

I think this perk set between harvest and tracking needs to have tweaks to be more desirable to be taken when food is not the reason for the purpose of going out of way for skinning animals.

I only do it for the leather to upgrade all my armor pockets and mods and what not, the vasts amounts of rotten meat for crop plots, and the scorpion sacs for antidote and again upgrade mats.

Weather the animal is undead or healthy has no bearing on the methods used to harvest its lump corpse, it only has bearing on what you actually harvest.  Logicly, speaing.

Having a problem, I keep getting this in the load up-

2022-12-11T15:48:08 389.304 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed
2022-12-11T15:48:08 389.338 EXC lootgroup 'groupSchematicsAll' is defined multiple times
  at LootFromXml.LoadLootGroup (System.Xml.XmlElement _elementGroup) [0x00056] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at LootFromXml+<LoadLootContainers>d__1.MoveNext () [0x0009d] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__48.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

24 minutes ago, fireidar said:

Having a problem, I keep getting this in the load up-

2022-12-11T15:48:08 389.304 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed
2022-12-11T15:48:08 389.338 EXC lootgroup 'groupSchematicsAll' is defined multiple times
  at LootFromXml.LoadLootGroup (System.Xml.XmlElement _elementGroup) [0x00056] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at LootFromXml+<LoadLootContainers>d__1.MoveNext () [0x0009d] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__48.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

It means that you don't have a clean  installation of Undead Legacy and have some other modlets messing with the mod.

Please install/play Undead Legacy as is with vanilla A20.6 without any additional modlets on top, any additional modlets are not supported and any issues that come with running other modlets on top of UL are your responsibility.

And do not edit any of the UL files directly if you want to change something.

Especially if you don't know what you are doing :D 

17 hours ago, MythN7 said:

Yes right, but the skill im talking about is animal harvesting.

So, in 1 account, getting that skill just stabbing a living animal in basic combat, should not raise this skill, as your not harvesting it, your just trying to kill it.

and the 2nd account is the purpose of that skill is to be more efficient at harvesting the corpse.

So, using a cutting tool, anytthing that gives hides / skins of anytype, fresh or rotten meat, fat, should raise this skill, as its purpose is to increase the harvest yeild.

If it only increases on live animals, which makes me wonder if it even increases the yeild of hides and rotten meat makes this skill very meh past the point where you get your 1st vehicle, as at that point, your prob facing things more than rabits and deer, as well as the tracking skill needs to be crouched to trigger and only lasts 20 sec at max, where most things you can see very far away from in the car already.

I think this perk set between harvest and tracking needs to have tweaks to be more desirable to be taken when food is not the reason for the purpose of going out of way for skinning animals.

I only do it for the leather to upgrade all my armor pockets and mods and what not, the vasts amounts of rotten meat for crop plots, and the scorpion sacs for antidote and again upgrade mats.

Weather the animal is undead or healthy has no bearing on the methods used to harvest its lump corpse, it only has bearing on what you actually harvest.  Logicly, speaing.

And I also don't understand why the same hunter's knife does 60 damage to a bear and 48 to a scorpion (At my level of development)

Could you create an ammo type that uses rubber, which we can make rubber bullet tips with in the workbench, so we can make ammo that can be used for the following purpose.

-only does 1 damage, but can cause bruise debuff and stun if head shot on players, so we can pvp for fun wihtout killing.

-would work great for earning shooting exp on enemies, if we dont care about the gunpowder and weapon wear.

Also, a training weapon of each type made of wood and rubber for the same purpose.

some mod and buff effects make little to no value of use at late / end game as a fixed value.

Could you change them to a % gain instead?

Things like the steroids, are handy very early, but later when you can carry 500-600 weight normally, the +100 is kind of meh, especially for the heavy water drain.

Could you make this maybe at a % gain, where early on it might only add 50 to your cap, but at end game it would add like 300 or so, and then any value in-between throughout the leveling process.

But it would make more sense that the steroids would increase the weight lifting skill gain rate when overweight than just flatly add more limit for x time.

Also vehicle suspension / cargo extender even at high rank barely improve the weight carry limit on things like the minibikes and sedan cars, and do absolutely nothing in result to the mining cart, military truck, etc... So this being a % value as well would make more sense as the value would dynamically affect each vehicle the same, so instead of adding 100 weight to a 600 weight limit car, or 100 to a 10,000 limit truck, it would ad 10%, so 60 to the car, and 1000 to the truck.

1 hour ago, MythN7 said:

some mod and buff effects make little to no value of use at late / end game as a fixed value.

Could you change them to a % gain instead?

Things like the steroids, are handy very early, but later when you can carry 500-600 weight normally, the +100 is kind of meh, especially for the heavy water drain.

Could you make this maybe at a % gain, where early on it might only add 50 to your cap, but at end game it would add like 300 or so, and then any value in-between throughout the leveling process.

But it would make more sense that the steroids would increase the weight lifting skill gain rate when overweight than just flatly add more limit for x time.

Also vehicle suspension / cargo extender even at high rank barely improve the weight carry limit on things like the minibikes and sedan cars, and do absolutely nothing in result to the mining cart, military truck, etc... So this being a % value as well would make more sense as the value would dynamically affect each vehicle the same, so instead of adding 100 weight to a 600 weight limit car, or 100 to a 10,000 limit truck, it would ad 10%, so 60 to the car, and 1000 to the truck.

Appreciate the feedback, but there's a reason why those are not percentage based and I don't have plans to change that anytime soon.

On 12/11/2022 at 7:04 PM, MythN7 said:

Could you create an ammo type that uses rubber, which we can make rubber bullet tips with in the workbench, so we can make ammo that can be used for the following purpose.

-only does 1 damage, but can cause bruise debuff and stun if head shot on players, so we can pvp for fun wihtout killing.

-would work great for earning shooting exp on enemies, if we dont care about the gunpowder and weapon wear.

Also, a training weapon of each type made of wood and rubber for the same purpose.

Fun suggestion, but unfortunately with a very niche use case.

Hi,

Just thought I'd say thanks for the mod! I'm still in the "hiding crouched in the attic" stage of the game so have barely scratched the surface, but so far the experience has been very polished. Interaction with items is logical and blends in naturally with the world. Things like using jars and bottles to get water instead of simply finding jars floating in the toilet, fuel cans to get fuel. Once I wrapped my head around it, the procedure just made sense. Or actually picking up boxes and other random junk and taking them home! I can actually grab a duffle bag I found, carry it around, and dump my stuff in it! Had to look up how to get bricks (maybe this needs a newbie journal entry?) and venture into the city a lot earlier than I usually do, but I'm having a good time. I look forward to seeing how things go once I make it out of the pine forest!

5 hours ago, ddraggy said:

Hi,

Just thought I'd say thanks for the mod! I'm still in the "hiding crouched in the attic" stage of the game so have barely scratched the surface, but so far the experience has been very polished. Interaction with items is logical and blends in naturally with the world. Things like using jars and bottles to get water instead of simply finding jars floating in the toilet, fuel cans to get fuel. Once I wrapped my head around it, the procedure just made sense. Or actually picking up boxes and other random junk and taking them home! I can actually grab a duffle bag I found, carry it around, and dump my stuff in it! Had to look up how to get bricks (maybe this needs a newbie journal entry?) and venture into the city a lot earlier than I usually do, but I'm having a good time. I look forward to seeing how things go once I make it out of the pine forest!

- you allways should take a look at the research table and what you need to research other workstations.
- don't forget to build a maintance bench, if you didn't have one.

- (clay) bricks can be gathered from stones on palet or claystones on palet too (at vanilla you would got small stones), ofcouse they can be crafted at a workstation too.

Noticed a bug with the stable release.

Broadcast radio.. there is a Schematic in the system but it can not be researched or crafted due to both options being missing

Enforcer belt..no Schematics  and no build options.

On a side note it looks like the cost for some of the powered and non powered sliding doors maybe backwards. Some of the powered ones end up less expensive then there non powered versions.

2 hours ago, Magnus33john said:

Noticed a bug with the stable release.

Broadcast radio.. there is a Schematic in the system but it can not be researched or crafted due to both options being missing

Enforcer belt..no Schematics  and no build options.

On a side note it looks like the cost for some of the powered and non powered sliding doors maybe backwards. Some of the powered ones end up less expensive then there non powered versions.

If something is in the creative menu, but not as part of survival experience, doesn't mean that it's really a bug. What it means that it's either unfinished content, work in progress content or something else. Remember, Undead Legacy is constantly being worked on and by no means is a fully fledged finished mod. 

13 hours ago, Subquake said:

If something is in the creative menu, but not as part of survival experience, doesn't mean that it's really a bug. What it means that it's either unfinished content, work in progress content or something else. Remember, Undead Legacy is constantly being worked on and by no means is a fully fledged finished mod. 

Fully understandable everything a work in progress.

Is there a way to colour them in the creative menu so people realize it's a work in progress and not a bug.

Presently it's impossible to tell which is which and going to cause unnecessary reporting.

16 minutes ago, Magnus33john said:

Fully understandable everything a work in progress.

Is there a way to colour them in the creative menu so people realize it's a work in progress and not a bug.

Presently it's impossible to tell which is which and going to cause unnecessary reporting.

The way you unlock things will change in UL 2.7 with a brand new Research System (evolution of the current one and hopefully I will be able to carry the new system over to A21 as well) :)

2 minutes ago, Subquake said:

The way you unlock things will change in UL 2.7 with a brand new Research System (evolution of the current one and hopefully I will be able to carry the new system over to A21 as well) :)

Very interesting👍

It's looking like A21 is going to be a mixed bag with some things being less then a good idea but we wont know tell we play it.

I'm about fifty hours into the mod (latest exper) and suddenly I've got a massive character weight problem.  Stripped down to naked, I'm still 753 pounds overweight!  No idea how this happened  :?

How can I fix this?  Is there a carry weight code somewhere in the save game folder that i can tweak??  I don't really want to lose all of my saved game progress to restart new again :/

30 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

I'm about fifty hours into the mod (latest exper) and suddenly I've got a massive character weight problem.  Stripped down to naked, I'm still 753 pounds overweight!  No idea how this happened  :?

How can I fix this?  Is there a carry weight code somewhere in the save game folder that i can tweak??  I don't really want to lose all of my saved game progress to restart new again 😕

Sort your inventory, check all the slots. Also anything in the toolbelt and the equipment slots also affects your carry weight, it's not just the inventory.

Remember, that the inventory scrolls up and down :) 

On 12/9/2022 at 1:48 PM, Spladow said:

Roger that.  Totally understand.  Maybe in the future if you have some bandwidth, you can revisit.  Maybe try a different shader for those objects.  Especially strange on some of the objects like the Chemistry Station where it is a mix of good and bad rendering for Mac version of the Mod.  Or maybe the Amplify shader plugin could be patched in the future if that is the cause.  Overall, it only detracts from the beauty of the UL Mod, not the playability.

Thanks for the response.  -- Spladow

As a quick followup Subquake – and a longshot solution to the Mac rendering issues – can you verify that your Unity settings are configured to use Metal for all Mac graphics and not OpenGL (since Apple discontinued OpenGL and OpenGL ES a while back).  I did a little research and It should be the default for Unity (at least it is in Unity 2021.x), but if you are using an older version, it might be still using Open GL.  It could possibly be the issue, not sure?  The game The Long Dark had a similar issue that they fixed by switching the engine to Metal.

If that is not the case, then your comment about the Amplify Shader Editor might be the culprit.  Maybe we can ask them to do a little compatability work if that seems to be where the issue lies.  Thanks again for any consideration.

37 minutes ago, Spladow said:

As a quick followup Subquake – and a longshot solution to the Mac rendering issues – can you verify that your Unity settings are configured to use Metal for all Mac graphics and not OpenGL (since Apple discontinued OpenGL and OpenGL ES a while back).  I did a little research and It should be the default for Unity (at least it is in Unity 2021.x), but if you are using an older version, it might be still using Open GL.  It could possibly be the issue, not sure?  The game The Long Dark had a similar issue that they fixed by switching the engine to Metal.

If that is not the case, then your comment about the Amplify Shader Editor might be the culprit.  Maybe we can ask them to do a little compatability work if that seems to be where the issue lies.  Thanks again for any consideration.

I'll take a look, thanks for the research!

Hello, first time posting here. I have encountered a bug ingame while playing the UL mod (no other mods) and I'm aware that this could be the problem with the game itself and not the mod, but I couldnt find any solution anywhere, so I'm asking here.

I'm currently playing on my own hosted server with one friend and the bug started when my game crashed while riding on bicycle. When I restarted the game the bicycle was gone, so I spawned new one and everything seemed fine for the time. Later after some days passed, I was riding through the same part of the city, where I previously lost the bicycle due to the crash, and then I suddenly spawned on the lost bicycle out of nowehere and couldnt get off of it, so I restarted the game. After the restart my toolbelt disappeared, so I decided to reequip some of the lost weapons and the main bug now occurs. When I try to equip any ranged weapon in my hand, my friend recieves red messages in the console and they cant play until I deequip the weapon (I can play just fine all the time, no errors). So basically I can't use ranged weapons. I will post a screenshot from my friends perspective with the red messages.

Any ideas how to fix this? The only way I can think of as now is to make new profile and try to play as that, but then my progress will be lost (skills, trader quest tiers, etc.)

spacer.png

Edited by Rentor (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Rentor said:

I'm currently playing on my own hosted server with one friend and the bug started when my game crashed while riding on bicycle.

Does the server crash or just the PC you are playing (client).

But it sounds like your server crashed and created some corrupted file.

When you don't have any backups (Maybe look for Backup mods for the future) you should look at

If that can help, but before you do anything, you should do a manual backup !

Hi
I couldn't put the mod on the Linux server, the main server started. Hosting VDS, set up everything according to the instructions.
Error: ./run_bepinex_server.sh: line 96: file: command not found
Cannot identify executable type (got )!
Please create an issue at https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx/issues.

What could be wrong? Checked everything several times
The files have a user like the main server itself, threw all the files into the root of the serverspacer.png