Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Subquake, I love the mod. All in all I think its hands down the best mod out there. As a server owner running a small gaming community, we have really enjoyed it. We are adding a second Undead Legacy game server. Our little group of everyday players tends to go at servers 110% and reach end game too quick. I was hoping you could suggest a couple modifications to the xml files to slow down progression a tad. Also, I would like to see guns be more rare while having ammo drops upped a little bit.

Any suggestions or tweaks that I could apply to slow my guys down some would be great Thanks !

Hi all. This is a great mod! I agree with some others that it's the best so far. Everything works flawlessly.

Can anyone comment or hint about the Advanced Arc Welder tool? I cannot seem to find one after the 25th day in game. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. This is a great mod! I agree with some others that it's the best so far. Everything works flawlessly.

Can anyone comment or hint about the Advanced Arc Welder tool? I cannot seem to find one after the 25th day in game. Thanks in advance.

I think I found mine in one of the non-bookstore boxes in the tall bookstore building. I went in there for a recipe haul and thought while I'm at it, might as well loot all of the other crates as well. Not sure which box type it was, though.

Subquake, I love the mod. All in all I think its hands down the best mod out there. As a server owner running a small gaming community, we have really enjoyed it. We are adding a second Undead Legacy game server. Our little group of everyday players tends to go at servers 110% and reach end game too quick. I was hoping you could suggest a couple modifications to the xml files to slow down progression a tad. Also, I would like to see guns be more rare while having ammo drops upped a little bit.

Any suggestions or tweaks that I could apply to slow my guys down some would be great Thanks !

Next 1.4 update of the mod will introduce rusty versions of the guns, that will have a more likely chance to drop instead of good ones (about 6:4 ratio). Those guns will break fast, won't cost much for the trader and probably won't be even repairable :D

- - - Updated - - -

Advanced welder has a greater chance to be found from construction zombies, construction sites and areas, gas stations, garages etc :)

Advanced welder has a greater chance to be found from construction zombies, construction sites and areas, gas stations, garages etc :)

Ah look, that explains it, I found the crack-a-book and higashi multi-storey buildings to be good locations for construction site boxes and zombies.

Good afternoon! He began to localize Undead Legacy in Russian. I can not understand where you can reduce the font size.

how to reduce the font in windows.xml?

pictures attached.[ATTACH=CONFIG]24240[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24241[/ATTACH]

Localization in russian has already been done for Undead Legacy, just not implemented, because it requires custom font to be added to the game. Please contact me on Discord for more information ;)

The font in the screenshot will not be supported by the mod, because it's a totally different font, therefore the letters are much bigger and wider. Please be patient, at some point there will be a russian localized version of Undead Legacy. Changing font size even for the appropriate font will require a lot of rework of the UI, it's not as simple as changing font size in one place, because many areas have different font size based on requirements of the layout.

This is how it should look:

unknown.png

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Localization in russian has already been done for Undead Legacy, just not implemented, because it requires custom font to be added to the game. Please contact me on Discord for more information ;)

The font in the screenshot will not be supported by the mod, because it's a totally different font, therefore the letters are much bigger and wider. Please be patient, at some point there will be a russian localized version of Undead Legacy. Changing font size even for the appropriate font will require a lot of rework of the UI, it's not as simple as changing font size in one place, because many areas have different font size based on requirements of the layout.

This is how it should look:

unknown.png

this is done by replacing UIAtlas. so it looks so beautiful

I do not mean to change the font itself (I only need to reduce its size at least in the Action menu)

In standard appearance, it changes automatically based on the size of the column

It is visible that the font itself has changed the size

1207218354_109410942222.thumb.jpg.0037ba977f51363f3c595147ce8316d0.jpg

I'm doing localization with working anti-cheat

Therefore, it is not possible to change UIAtlas.tex!

and one more plus of translation of the text in Cyrillic, there is a possibility of search of subjects through the search panel in Russian

Edited by Demon-MC
addition (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24251[/ATTACH]

I'm doing localization with working anti-cheat

Therefore, it is not possible to change UIAtlas.tex!

and one more plus of translation of the text in Cyrillic, there is a possibility of search of subjects through the search panel in Russian

With Alpha 17 of 7 days to die, I will probably stop supporting EAC friendly/smaller backpack version of the mod, because I want Undead Legacy to have fancy cool looking 3D models like Ravenhearst/Starvation and other similar mods and I can't do that with EAC =/

Also playing the vanilla backpack size with this mod is... challenging to say the least :)

Thank you, found it. Was on a construction zombie in the Crack-A-Book tower.

Now, what about fusion cells?

Amazing mod for 7 days

Hello people. I am a player who likes to try mods of this game. I am from Spain and I have not found any version of the game in Spanish, I do not know if it could be translated into my language. I'm also doing a forum in Spanish about the mods of the game

Is there a undead legacy wiki?

Hey Subquake!, I'm a huge fan of this mod and of the base game. I'd got in a rut and was bored of the base game and needed something to rekindle my interest and your mod did just that. So much more to do now and to try out. Only thing is I've had a little trouble figuring certain things out and wondered if there was a wiki for this mod and haven't found one online yet. Is there any plans to make one or would it have to be fan made? It would certainly help me to enjoy this mod! Any info appreciated thanks again!

An update came in today via the mod launcher. Usually, when I click on an item in my inventory, the UI panel in the middle shows the item stats (damage, damage resistance, etc.) plus the actions menu (repair, equip, drop, etc.). That stuff is now appearing below the middle panel, so only the very top of it is visible. Screenshot attached.

1905613120_Screenshot2018-04-0603_14_40.thumb.jpg.88775fb2c193b4ca2936d8e377009f38.jpg

An update came in today via the mod launcher. Usually, when I click on an item in my inventory, the UI panel in the middle shows the item stats (damage, damage resistance, etc.) plus the actions menu (repair, equip, drop, etc.). That stuff is now appearing below the middle panel, so only the very top of it is visible. Screenshot attached.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24292[/ATTACH]

There was no update to the mod for quite a while, because I'm currently busy working on 1.4.0.0 update for UL, try cleaning up your mod launcher files and redownloading the mod. Last update for UL was: 2018-03-16

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Subquake!, I'm a huge fan of this mod and of the base game. I'd got in a rut and was bored of the base game and needed something to rekindle my interest and your mod did just that. So much more to do now and to try out. Only thing is I've had a little trouble figuring certain things out and wondered if there was a wiki for this mod and haven't found one online yet. Is there any plans to make one or would it have to be fan made? It would certainly help me to enjoy this mod! Any info appreciated thanks again!

It's http://ul.subquake.com/wiki though I haven't added much to it yet, busy with RL stuff.

There was no update to the mod for quite a while, because I'm currently busy working on 1.4.0.0 update for UL, try cleaning up your mod launcher files and redownloading the mod. Last update for UL was: 2018-03-16

Thanks. You're completely right. Something else was in play, and this got fixed by deleting the mod launcher's UL folder and re-downloading it.

Totally loving the mod so far, just got through my first horde night, but one feature request: At least in the expanded backpack version, the regular chests and storage boxes are entirely too small. IMHO they should be at least as big as in Vanilla. I find myself just spawning in munitions boxes to make up for that, but they're deficient, too, since you can't mount a sign on one of them that isn't placed either on a floor or ceiling.

Thanks. You're completely right. Something else was in play, and this got fixed by deleting the mod launcher's UL folder and re-downloading it.

Totally loving the mod so far, just got through my first horde night, but one feature request: At least in the expanded backpack version, the regular chests and storage boxes are entirely too small. IMHO they should be at least as big as in Vanilla. I find myself just spawning in munitions boxes to make up for that, but they're deficient, too, since you can't mount a sign on one of them that isn't placed either on a floor or ceiling.

It's intentional, because in the mod mid and late game you can craft secure furniture of various kind, that have 60, 100, 120 slot sizes. wooden boxes and chests are early game storage solution.

Problem with vanilla is that nobody even bothers checking out other storage solutions and just stick with the boring boxes/chests and never bother checking out or crafting other storage containers / furniture.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Subquake - UL “bug”??

Are you fixing/aware of the “bug” where you lose your tool belt item if your inventory is full and you accidentally “equip” something straight from a drop box? I had a full inventory, went to scrap a iron kettle, accidentally hit “equip”, the kettle replace my steel pickaxe and is gone :/ does this make sense to you or should I explain better. I know, it’s kind of confusing. Looking for any feedback.

Ps: UL is by FAR any favorite mod! I really love every aspect! Truly! And I’ve played almost all of them. Starvation is second ;)

It's intentional, because in the mod mid and late game you can craft secure furniture of various kind, that have 60, 100, 120 slot sizes. wooden boxes and chests are early game storage solution.

Problem with vanilla is that nobody even bothers checking out other storage solutions and just stick with the boring boxes/chests and never bother checking out or crafting other storage containers / furniture.

Oh, I see the other furniture units, and it's awesome that you can craft them in the mod, at least for the aesthetics. But those things are 2 blocks high, double the size of the chests/boxes/munitions crates.

Storage per block:

Chest/box: 49

Filing cabinet: 30

Fridge: 50

Safe: 60

Munitions box: 100

Dumpster: 30(?)

So the filing cabinet is actually worse on a per-block basis, the fridge is breakeven, the safe a bit bigger, and the dumpster is probably terrible. I guess I could stack fridges or safes on their sides and see if that works, but now I have to redesign my base to fit them lmao :D

What would be cool, and maybe more in line with what you're after, would be high-capacity 1x1x1 cabinets of various kinds. The kitchen types are obvious, but I'm looking at all these mechanical, electrical, and automotive components and thinking, gee, IRL I would have some of those humongous chests with 348057348 little drawers in them for all the different items :)

gallery-sager-1.jpg.531c96bb77d17874785046b319a420b3.jpg

Heavy-Duty-Parts-Storage-Bins.thumb.jpg.6f1d3dc96050ab07930e77b0816792a3.jpg

Snap-on-KALED24_on_KRA2410_v2-225x300.jpg.91c8b6a982a3f87f74baecbb933a4ada.jpg

I think I somehow broke my forge??

https://imgur.com/GSseK0m

I have been melting down gold pocket watches, as well as other gold stuff like the raw nugets and medals and stuff. Was able to make gold ingots in the past with no problem. But now for no reason im uncapable of making gold ingots in that forge for some reason. Its my rare metal forge, and i havent tried making gold ingots on any other forge.

Titanium and silver still work on it. Just notice how on the forge bank it says it has 29 gold units, but on the ingot recipe it says I have 0 out of the 10 required to make it. :(

Still loving the mod though. Keep up the good work.

I think I somehow broke my forge??

https://imgur.com/GSseK0m

I have been melting down gold pocket watches, as well as other gold stuff like the raw nugets and medals and stuff. Was able to make gold ingots in the past with no problem. But now for no reason im uncapable of making gold ingots in that forge for some reason. Its my rare metal forge, and i havent tried making gold ingots on any other forge.

Titanium and silver still work on it. Just notice how on the forge bank it says it has 29 gold units, but on the ingot recipe it says I have 0 out of the 10 required to make it. :(

Still loving the mod though. Keep up the good work.

I've seen similar before, not sure if it was gold or silver though. Here's how it happened: filled a material type in forge by smelting a certain item. Forge somehow wouldn't recognize the material. Continued to add one piece of that material via smelting a nugget of the same type. Forge now correctly uses all of the available material.

Hi Subquake,

Just a quick question, I know you said you weren't going to mess with much other than adding items for now, but when you go to change game play/quests/whatever, please don't follow ravenhearst's example where you are required to leave your brains in your other pair of pants before you can follow the logic of the game.

Like if you have a whole bunch of packages of ramen noodles, despite having an "Advanced campfire" which has a pot hanging from it, you're not allowed to cook the ramen noodles in the advanced campfire, you have to wait until you've built a microwave or working stove.

I'm not trying to rag on their mod, I already posted in their thread thinking this was some massive oversight, which it wasn't. It's designed that way to extend game play.

My logic centre broke on that and I just couldn't keep playing the mod.

I realize I didn't actually ask a question, but you get the idea. :)

Thanks.