SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

Just dropping in my own message of support again to everyone here.

Can't wait to see these forums flourish again once Dom's got everything in place for the modding crews to unleash their work.

Amazing community here and I know it will all prove to be so worth the wait.

SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!.... SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....SDX!....

gimme gimme gimme gimme:chuncky:

First, let me just say Starvation has nothing to do with SDX release... We're fortunate to have access to test builds, and used it to update the already existing mod. It was also a good testing for this new SDX build (even if we didn't use the advanced features yet). I honestly hope this wont cause any discomfort to existing and future tool users. If it does, I will personally stop updating the mod until the tool is publicly released.

Secondly, I understand your frustration, i've been there too.

Finally, i will personally not share any links until the tool creator tells me specifically I can do so... All i can say is the same I have been saying... I'm as anxious as you are for it's release and, in my humble opinion as a user, it is ready for it.

Thanks!

I've been watching this thread for a few weeks now, and I just wanted to jump in to say thank you to the creators of the SDX tool. I'm new to modding 7DTD myself and am looking forward to the release of the a15 tool to try my hand at more advanced modding. I'm anxious for it, but it is the holidays so I hope the creator(s) aren't stressing over a release or anything.

So thank you so much for the tool and all the work put into it! Have a great holiday, and I hope everyone waiting on the official release of the tool can not stress over it too much either... Though that doesn't seem likely xD Still, whether it comes before or after the new year, I hope that everyone has a great holiday season!

Hey guys,

The release is getting pretty close. I have been testing RC builds with a small group of testers to make sure things are solid.

There's been a few last minute API changes and we are working on some videos and documentation to hopefully help people update to the new version and understand how things work.

The core of SDX has been rewritten with a plugin architecture to support games beyond 7 Days To Die. I have already written the plugin for 7D2D and in the future (when I am happy with the structure of things) I plan to release it open source so the community can support and improve it when I'm not around.

Thanks for being patient, I know you are all eager to get modding :)

Happy Holidays,

- Dom

Posting this just in case anyone finds it useful. This is what I'm planing to use in my old mods for DisplayChatAreaText, this way you don't need the EntityAlive so you should be able to just replace the old one with this without changing anything else.

Can anyone confirm if GetLocalPlayer works on servers?

private static void DisplayChatAreaText(string str)
{
   EntityAlive entity = default(EntityAlive);//Say as server.
   //Say as Local player//EntityAlive entity = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();
   if (GameManager.Instance != null)
   {
        GameManager.Instance.GameMessage(EnumGameMessages.Chat, str, entity);
   }
}

Posting this just in case anyone finds it useful. This is what I'm planing to use in my old mods for DisplayChatAreaText, this way you don't need the EntityAlive so you should be able to just replace the old one with this without changing anything else.

Can anyone confirm if GetLocalPlayer works on servers?

private static void DisplayChatAreaText(string str)
{
   EntityAlive entity = default(EntityAlive);//Say as server.
   //Say as Local player//EntityAlive entity = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();
   if (GameManager.Instance != null)
   {
        GameManager.Instance.GameMessage(EnumGameMessages.Chat, str, entity);
   }
}

it does, you can see the "text" on server console and it doesn't show on global chat... I basically stop using that for debug, as I only use the console debug now.

So both ways are a private message, it just changes the entity name that displayed before the message?

Yep. Notice that weather it shows to the player or not, depends oh where the procedure is run. For example ontick will throw the nessage to server, onactivated will throw to localplayer.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived