Origin UI MOD

Tritox

This mod is a life saver sometimes literally thanks for creating it :)

Thank you. :)

On other note, a new experimental build came out and again no mod files were changed so no update is needed at this time. However, I used this opportunity to upload a new version which fixes the issue szalkerous reported. So if you aren't using the buff durations feature, you'll get a warning of a window not being there, but this doesn't affect to the gameplay in any way.

If you read several posts up, youll see people have already discussed this. There is a <window> tag outside of the comments for the buff duration that seems to cause the problem. Me personally, I remove the coding for the buff duration entirely and I no longer have NRE's when I quit a server.

not trying to be rude but, it's awfully rude to assume anyone should red beyond the OP

But what if I don't want to involve stallionsden with getting this to work? :-p

(You might want to fix that minor spelling mistake up there...)

:-D

Aww poop. And I've actually typoed the damn header as well! Man how blind can you be sometimes... Fixed the one you pointed out but the other one has to wait for now as I'm kind of exhausted after driving pretty the whole day...

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod

Great mod, many thanks to the creator. :)

Quick question though, does anyone know how one could move the "day, time, world temperature and elevation indicators" in the top left to be just below the compass top center? If I could do that for me and my friend we'd find it perfect.

I thought perhaps I just needed to edit some of the lines in xui.xml (and I see the note on "<!-- 1) added: day, time, world temperature and elevation indicators (top left) -->" ) but I can't figure out what I need to move to make that happen.

*** Update ***

Ok it looks like its the section "HUDInfoPanel" in the windows.xml file. I'm guessing I'll need to change the "pos" value lines for Day, Time, World temp, and elevation. Does that sound about right?

If so, any suggestions on what values I should try, or will it just be me doing some trial and error? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Origin 7 Days To Die UI Mod Installation Video

This mod consists of three files: xui.xml in the Config-directory and windows.xml and styles.xml in the XUi-directory.

Extract the contents of the rar-archive to [steam location]\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config-directory and overwrite the existing files.

I made a video on YouTube showing how to install this mod at

I made a video on YouTube showing how to install this mod at

Very nice, thank you! I added this to the first post if you don't mind. :)

Also, 14.7 experimental didn't have any changes to the UI so everything should work fine after the update.

Thanks for the video showing how to install this mod and also for the UI creation, I love it :)

I might have only just started to play this game but I do appreciate having the extra information available to me when I am dying as frequently as I do :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Very nice, thank you! I added this to the first post if you don't mind. :)

Also, 14.7 experimental didn't have any changes to the UI so everything should work fine after the update.

I don't mind at all :) sorry I did not reply before now. Came looking for an update for the newest a15 experimental beta.

has anyone tried using on a15 anyway? just it case it does work as is? i haven't installed it yet because i've been away for awhile.

I tried. It generates null reference console errors at the main menu.

I tried using Notepad++ comparing the modded xml to the new xml to see if I could figure out how to get it to work, but failed (TFP added a lot of new lines).

Edit -

I'm gonna fiddle with the xml again tonight and see if I can get the Origin UI mod to work with A15. TFP made a LOT of changes, and I have no idea what parts Tritox edited vs what TFP changed. So I probably won't get it to work. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this isn't stepping on anyone's toes, but I love this mod so much I just couldn't play without it. So I've tweaked it to get it working for A15 b88, if anyone is interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xpmqvgf0nnbmc9/Origin%20A15.zip?dl=0

edit: lol, and now I just saw b94 has been released. A quick test shows that it still seems to work for b94

I hope this isn't stepping on anyone's toes, but I love this mod so much I just couldn't play without it. So I've tweaked it to get it working for A15 b88, if anyone is interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xpmqvgf0nnbmc9/Origin%20A15.zip?dl=0

edit: lol, and now I just saw b94 has been released. A quick test shows that it still seems to work for b94

aweomse

Oh wow. Apparently A15 kind of caught me pants down. I knew it was coming soonish, but I didn't expect it to out already.

I'm going to look for an update tomorrow (it's almost midnight here now). Sorry for the absence!

it's technically only in the unstable beta, dunno if it's possible/worthwhile for you to make it for such things.

Archived