Origin UI MOD

Tritox

Ok, updated for b112. There wasn't any significant changes as Sirillion mentioned, but patch still overwrites the windows.xml so might as well get the latest one.

I'm going away for a vacation-ish for a shy week and I have somewhat limited access to fix mod if needed as 7DTD runs with few FPS on my laptop. I can probably push an update if something big comes along which breaks the mod, but expect some delay!

Request

You're welcome! :)

Also, bumped an update for the latest build b119!

Hi Tritox, would you be willing to change the temperature display to show the 'ui_game_symbol_temperature' instead of the 'ui_game_symbol_cold'?

The thermometer seems to make more sense, for all weather conditions, vs a snowflake, which seems out of place on thos days when the sun is melting our foreheads!

Thanks,

tifkat

Hi Tritox, would you be willing to change the temperature display to show the 'ui_game_symbol_temperature' instead of the 'ui_game_symbol_cold'?

The thermometer seems to make more sense, for all weather conditions, vs a snowflake, which seems out of place on thos days when the sun is melting our foreheads!

Thanks,

tifkat

It would make sense yes and I catch your drift, but as currently we are able to see two different temperatures, I wanted distinct icons for both so people wouldn't get (too) mixed which is which. As the upper left corner shows details from the "world", I thought a snowflake was proper for the "world temp", but also because a snowflake wouldn't fit at all for the "feels like" temp.

Thank you very much for your work!. I have tried many UI mods but the "Origin" is the best mod of all.

Thank you and glad you liked it! :)

Hey Tritox would it be easy to move the time, date, temp, and altitude above the exp bar in the middle?

That way it would be easier to see! :)

It's rather easy, basically you first center the top left element to middle and then lower the compass a bit down in the screen. The following should do the trick:

1) From styles.xml you need to change the style of buffpanel.window values to this:

<style name="infopanel.window" type="window">
<style_entry name="pos" value="0,50"/>
<style_entry name="size" value="300,80"/>
<style_entry name="anchor" value="CenterTop"/>
</style>

Notice that '0' from the pos-attribute's value, you need to change that something negative like -200 if you want center the indicators with the compass. If you don't, they will be aligned more to the right side of the compass.

2) Further down in the styles.xml, change the style of compass.window values to this:

<style name="compass.window" type="window">
<style_entry name="pos" value="-200,-80"/>
<style_entry name="size" value="400,43"/>
</style>

Again, the -80 in the pos-attribute defines vertical placement of the default compass. -80 should be pretty close, but change it to find the proper spot for you if needed.

It's rather easy, basically you first center the top left element to middle and then lower the compass a bit down in the screen. The following should do the trick:

1) From styles.xml you need to change the style of buffpanel.window values to this:

<style name="infopanel.window" type="window">
   <style_entry name="pos" value="0,50"/>
   <style_entry name="size" value="300,80"/>
</style>

Notice that '0' from the pos-attribute's value, you need to change that something negative like -200 if you want center the indicators with the compass. If you don't, they will be aligned more to the right side of the compass.

2) Further down in the styles.xml, change the style of compass.window values to this:

<style name="compass.window" type="window">
   <style_entry name="pos" value="-200,-80"/>
   <style_entry name="size" value="400,43"/>
</style>

Again, the -80 in the pos-attribute defines vertical placement of the default compass. -80 should be pretty close, but change it to find the proper spot for you if needed.

Ok bud will try THX!!! :)

Not sure if anything did change in the UI on B129 but I've been getting black screen of death errors on death and spawning on the bedroll. The error is :

2017-07-01T13:12:11 4922.577 INF GMSG: Player 'Xyth' died

2017-07-01T13:12:26 4937.567 INF 1. Spawn pos: sleeping bag SpawnPoint (1284.5, 170.0, 700.5)/0.0

2017-07-01T13:12:28 4939.920 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: Died, position: 1284, 170, 700): localplayer

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[EntityUINotification].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityStats.MF () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityStats.ResetStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.SetAlive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.SetAlive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.SetAlive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerMoveController.NK () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerMoveController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This also happened to a player that died on our dedicated server. The cannot enter the game and just get a black screen. I removed your UI on the server, and replaced it with SMX and the player could enter the game without error. Not sure whats going on but just FYI.

Not sure if anything did change in the UI on B129 but I've been getting black screen of death errors on death and spawning on the bedroll. The error is :

2017-07-01T13:12:11 4922.577 INF GMSG: Player 'Xyth' died

2017-07-01T13:12:26 4937.567 INF 1. Spawn pos: sleeping bag SpawnPoint (1284.5, 170.0, 700.5)/0.0

2017-07-01T13:12:28 4939.920 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: Died, position: 1284, 170, 700): localplayer

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[EntityUINotification].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityStats.MF () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityStats.ResetStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.SetAlive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.SetAlive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.SetAlive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerMoveController.NK () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerMoveController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This also happened to a player that died on our dedicated server. The cannot enter the game and just get a black screen. I removed your UI on the server, and replaced it with SMX and the player could enter the game without error. Not sure whats going on but just FYI.

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce this at least on SP, so I'm not sure is the cause my mod - it doesn't even alter anything the death screen.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that my mod IS the cause, but by searching the forums, this bug seems to be related to dedicated server: at least this post from B119 describes something very similar than you wrote.

Yeah, it may not be specifically something in your mod. Why I mentioned the possible connection is on the dedicated server, replacing your UI with the SMX UI allowed the player to enter the game, and the error message contained: [EntityUINotification] at the start of the error so I figured I'd mention it to you.

Thanks for the great UI mod!

Is it possible for modders like you to add in things like:

1) Have on-screen something that tells me what insulation level will cause me to freeze in current biome.

2) Have on-screen something that tells me what insulation level will cause me to overheat (above 100) in current biome.

3) add an optional ruller graphic to the xp bar so i can better gauge how much xp i got from an action?

4) add some GUI bars that show the last 3 skills to gain xp?

5) add something that shows me the exact number of xp i got from an action or event.

6) if option 4 is too much, then perhaps a player defined list (as in, instead of showing the last 3 skills...i tell your mod i want these 3 specific skills tracked on screen...maybe adjustable with a .ini file or something easy)

7) something that tells me how much noise i'm making?

Is it possible for modders like you to add in things like:

1) Have on-screen something that tells me what insulation level will cause me to freeze in current biome.

2) Have on-screen something that tells me what insulation level will cause me to overheat (above 100) in current biome.

3) add an optional ruller graphic to the xp bar so i can better gauge how much xp i got from an action?

4) add some GUI bars that show the last 3 skills to gain xp?

5) add something that shows me the exact number of xp i got from an action or event.

6) if option 4 is too much, then perhaps a player defined list (as in, instead of showing the last 3 skills...i tell your mod i want these 3 specific skills tracked on screen...maybe adjustable with a .ini file or something easy)

7) something that tells me how much noise i'm making?

Sorry for the late reply but sadly afaik, only 3) would be doable, but I think it would only be useful in the lower levels where XP needed per lvl is low. On higher levels it wouldn't be that great indicator since the smaller xp gains wouldn't always even increase the bar.

On other note, uploaded a version for the first stable A16. I decided to remove the coordinate part as they just wouldn't work.

Currently have an issue with this uI when accessing chest, basically breaks the game and have to force quit :(

Testing on SP and MP and SP works fine, just on MP :(

My mod changes doesn't alter the chests/inventory in any way so I find that very odd. Are you using some other (inventory) mod as well which could cause it?

Archived