Origin UI MOD

Tritox

Hi Tritox, hoping an update is in the works for the latest experimental branch A16.2b7? The current version of your mod sadly doesn't work.

Cheers

Oh shoot, I had missed the experimental build totally, my apologies! Anyhow, I've an update ready for 16.2 which should help. :)

Is there a reason there is no "controls.xml" file in the XUI folder?

I tried just moving the new folder into the config folder and got an error on startup.

I looked in the XUI folder and saw that there was no controls.xml file.

Will just transferring the Styles and windows files into my existing XUI folder still allow the UI to work or do I need a controls.xml file that has been edited?

• 2 weeks later...
I have some requests ... A Zombie Kill Counter and Player Kill Counter! - If at all possible.

Sorry for the late reply! I am mostly solo player and almost never play MP (when I do, it's coop) so player kill counter is something I don't really need to see in the HUD. Same goes with the zombie kill counter; I think it really doesn't give any useful information and if I need to see it, I can always quickly view it from the score screen.

That said, kill counters aren't on my road map, but there are plenty of other mods around which have them. Feel free add them to my mod if you want to. :)

Is there a reason there is no "controls.xml" file in the XUI folder?

I tried just moving the new folder into the config folder and got an error on startup.

I looked in the XUI folder and saw that there was no controls.xml file.

Will just transferring the Styles and windows files into my existing XUI folder still allow the UI to work or do I need a controls.xml file that has been edited?

The reason why I don't have it is that the mod doesn't really need the controls.xml. It uses one part from the file (quest tracker objective control), but I've implemented that part directly into windows.xml so I don't have to keep controls.xml in the mod files only because of few very minor changes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to chime in that I'm enjoying this mod! I tried it as-is at first, and have since scaled it back to the parts I think are actually important. I'm now down to just using it to add three things over vanilla: core temperature, fullness, and hydration. The files are well documented, so it was easy to make changes, including merging it with ComSenMod.

• 6 months later...
This post contains information on how to enable parts of the Origin mod. Enabling in this case almost always requires editing the provided XML files. I recommend on getting some proper XML editor (like XML Copy Editor) for this since they make the editing so much easier. Edits can be made with some other text editor too, but I strongly advise against on using programs like Notepad and whatnots.

I. Buff durations and how to enable them:

Origin mod has an extra feature available which allows players to modify how the active buff indicator is displayed in the HUD. Mainly this feature adds (de)
buff timers
which tell how much time is left on each buff. For example, this includes buffs from Coffee, Painkillers and Antibiotics and debuffs like Burning, Broken leg and Bleeding. Timers are displayed as below:

origin-buffdurations.jpg

While the feature can be rather handy,
it is deactivated by default
for several reasons (aka. the cons):

1. When enabled, some of the existing active buff items won't be displayed fully. Every (de)buff icon is displayed, but the buff info text isn't there and this is because of the implementation of the buff timers. For example, thirst and hunger warnings are displayed, but not their percentage values. Same goes with temperature warnings: overheated/freezing debuffs are shown, but not by how much. Wetness however, is displayed correctly.

2. Minor HUD buff display desyncing problems occur when the feature is on. Buff timers pull their information from the character window's Active Buffs-section and while most of the time, the same buffs are listed in both places, Active Buffs-section doesn't have exactly the same buffs than the indicator in the HUD. Basically this means sometimes you might see a timer on some (de)buff which shouldn't have one or vice versa. This shouldn't appear that often though.

3. For an unknown reason, the
    game will crash severely when you quit from a dedicated MP server
    if you have buff timers activated. Severe in this case means that you have to shutdown the game from the Task Manager. However, in SP this problem doesn't occur at all.

If you think the buff timers' pros outweight the cons, here are the instructions on how to enable them:

1. Install the mod as usual.

2. Open
    windows.xml
    and search for
    HUDBuffDurations
    . Remove the comments (<!-- -->) from the window which is named after what you just searched (from lines 124 to 182).

3. Search for
    BUFF TIMERS
    in the same xml. From the line (215) it is found, change the label's color attribute from white to
    transparent

4. Save the file.

This works on 16.4 ! :)

Archived