Origin UI MOD

Tritox

Under 17 will be an adaptation?

Maaaaybe! I won't promise anything yet though as I've been mostly lurking in the background while waiting for A17 to hit. Installing the patch as I write this and gonna see what has changed in the UI and how much; gonna evaluate then what's the next move.

Ok, I've gotten most of the changes converted into A17, but I still have few adjustments left to be done and then I need to do some actually gameplay testing so I'm confident there isn't anything fishy lurking. If no dealbreaker appears, an update is coming tomorrow around this hour or definitely on Friday at latest.

Ok, I've gotten most of the changes converted into A17, but I still have few adjustments left to be done and then I need to do some actually gameplay testing so I'm confident there isn't anything fishy lurking. If no dealbreaker appears, an update is coming tomorrow around this hour or definitely on Friday at latest.

This is very good news! We wait.

Thanks Tritox. Any chance you can mod the "sneak" eye back in when crouching?

Probably not, I think changing that is beyond our reach. I'll keep an eye out though if someone manages to do that.

------------------

Anyhow, the initial version for A17 is downloadable! Please note that the directory structure has changed slightly and all files should be extrated to \7 Days To Die\Data\Config\XUi now.

Firstly, text outlines seems to be gone, I have to dig deeper into why effect="outline" doesn't seem to affect anything. Secondly, I haven't tested the buff timers AT ALL as I just wanted to push out some working version. So they might not work if someone happens to use them.

I'm a bit busy with RL stuff atm, but I try to look things more during the weekend. Meanwhile, enjoy the update, it should restore all the basic functionalities! :)

• 2 weeks later...
This post contains information on how to enable parts of the Origin mod. Enabling in this case almost always requires editing the provided XML files. I recommend on getting some proper XML editor (like XML Copy Editor) for this since they make the editing so much easier. Edits can be made with some other text editor too, but I strongly advise against on using programs like Notepad and whatnots.

I. Buff durations and how to enable them:

Origin mod has an extra feature available which allows players to modify how the active buff indicator is displayed in the HUD. Mainly this feature adds (de)
buff timers
which tell how much time is left on each buff. For example, this includes buffs from Coffee, Painkillers and Antibiotics and debuffs like Burning, Broken leg and Bleeding. Timers are displayed as below:

origin-buffdurations.jpg

While the feature can be rather handy,
it is deactivated by default
for several reasons (aka. the cons):

1. When enabled, some of the existing active buff items won't be displayed fully. Every (de)buff icon is displayed, but the buff info text isn't there and this is because of the implementation of the buff timers. For example, thirst and hunger warnings are displayed, but not their percentage values. Same goes with temperature warnings: overheated/freezing debuffs are shown, but not by how much. Wetness however, is displayed correctly.

2. Minor HUD buff display desyncing problems occur when the feature is on. Buff timers pull their information from the character window's Active Buffs-section and while most of the time, the same buffs are listed in both places, Active Buffs-section doesn't have exactly the same buffs than the indicator in the HUD. Basically this means sometimes you might see a timer on some (de)buff which shouldn't have one or vice versa. This shouldn't appear that often though.

3. For an unknown reason, the
    game will crash severely when you quit from a dedicated MP server
    if you have buff timers activated. Severe in this case means that you have to shutdown the game from the Task Manager. However, in SP this problem doesn't occur at all.

If you think the buff timers' pros outweight the cons, here are the instructions on how to enable them:

1. Install the mod as usual.

2. Open
    windows.xml
    and search for
    HUDBuffDurations
    . Remove the comments (<!-- -->) from the window which is named after what you just searched (from lines 124 to 182).

3. Search for
    BUFF TIMERS
    in the same xml. From the line (215) it is found, change the label's color attribute from white to
    transparent

4. Save the file.

can this be done at A17?

Glad to see you're back, Tritox. Been using your UI mod for a long time, and IMHO it's still one of the best out there.

Since A17 now supports XPath-compatible modlets, which no longer require to edit the game's original XML files in order to apply a mod, I thought it'd be handy to convert your mod to a modlet.

In the process, I also commented out the XML section that adds the experience bar on top of the toolbelt, because the vanilla game now already comes with that.

And here it is ...

7DTD_Origin_A17.0_v101-Modlet.zip

Sure, by enabling the feature according to Tritox' instructions (the buff timers part couldn't be done since the lines mentioned either aren't available in A17 anymore, or have been renamed) , by removing all the other stuff from the respective XML files, and by adjusting the base position of the buff duration window.

See attached file.

Note: If it doesn't work as expected, more changes might have to be done - but that would be up for Tritox to do. All I've done here is the XPath conversion, and the adjustment of the base position of the buff duration window.

7DTD_Origin_A17.0_v101_HBD_only-Modlet.zip

Sure, by enabling the feature according to Tritox' instructions (the buff timers part couldn't be done since the lines mentioned either aren't available in A17 anymore, or have been renamed) , by removing all the other stuff from the respective XML files, and by adjusting the base position of the buff duration window.

See attached file.

Note: If it doesn't work as expected, more changes might have to be done - but that would be up for Tritox to do. All I've done here is the XPath conversion, and the adjustment of the base position of the buff duration window.

thank you ill try it out.

it works but the buff timers are to high. do u know what panel is for the timer position to move it down?

-- up date --

I got the timers to Mach with the buffs but not the white part of the timer, they're gray.

Glad to see you're back, Tritox. Been using your UI mod for a long time, and IMHO it's still one of the best out there.

Since A17 now supports XPath-compatible modlets, which no longer require to edit the game's original XML files in order to apply a mod, I thought it'd be handy to convert your mod to a modlet.

In the process, I also commented out the XML section that adds the experience bar on top of the toolbelt, because the vanilla game now already comes with that.

And here it is ...

if you have some free time could you make a version with a different color xp bar please, i find it hard to see at a glance.

thank you ill try it out.

it works but the buff timers are to high. do u know what panel is for the timer position to move it down?

-- up date --

I got the timers to Mach with the buffs but not the white part of the timer, they're gray.

is there a way to get the buff timers to move with the buff when you go in sneak mode? buffs move up and the timer stays still.

is there a way to get the buff timers to move with the buff when you go in sneak mode? buffs move up and the timer stays still.

Not with the way the display of the timers currently is implemented. Basically, it's just a transparent window with a fixed reference position that contains "lines" that display one buff timer each, which in turn are located at fixed relative positions (offsets) within that window.

If a dynamic adjustment of the said reference position is technically possible by means of just XML configuration, is beyond the scope of my knowledge of that stuff.

Besides, regarding your question about the timer position (= the fixed reference point), it's being maintained in styles.xml:

<style_entry name="pos" value="9,503"/> <!-- 9,593 -->

The last part starting with '<!--' is a comment containing the original value from Tritox' mod.

And here it is ...

Thank you SO MUCH! I've briefly looked through the other mods available and I had noticed the moddlet support being around, but sadly I haven't had the time to do some thorough digging let alone do the conversion. I gave you credit for the initial conversion while I edited the first post. :)

------

That said, I've updated the mod "officially" to the 1.02 version which is basically just tidying up bits and pieces after converting the mod to the XPath moddlet. While the current experimental build hasn't broken anything, I suggest updating the mod to something which doesn't require messing with the original XMLs and because the future updates will happen in this format as well.

Oh, I also adjusted the buff duration position and confirmed they still work (as people have posted above). However, the positioning will go off whenever player goes into stealth and sadly it can't probably be fixed just YseGuy stated.

You're welcome, and thanks for the credit.

On a sidenote, the version of a modlet is being kept in the (new) ModInfo.xml, which resides in a mod's root directory.

Also it'd prolly be useful to rewrite the 'Installation' section of your first post, since it works a little different for modlets - modlets reside in the 'Mods' subdirectory of the game's installation directory (...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\).

You're welcome, and thanks for the credit.

On a sidenote, the version of a modlet is being kept in the (new) ModInfo.xml, which resides in a mod's root directory.

Also it'd prolly be useful to rewrite the 'Installation' section of your first post, since it works a little different for modlets - modlets reside in the 'Mods' subdirectory of the game's installation directory (...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\).

Yup, I actually revisited the whole first post before dropping in that reply. :)

Not on my server.

My server is hosted at https://www.g-portal.com .

It was working on b208 but not on b221.

I love this mod, please fix it.

By the way the marker in the compass is not in the middle.

Can't help you regarding the server issue, since I only play the game locally. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more about the details of "not working", so Tritox can eventually look into it.

The marker position can be fixed by adjusting the following line in windows.xml, as follows:

<sprite depth="11" pos="190,0" width="1" color="[white]" type="sliced" /> <!-- 1) added: midpoint to compass-->

Sorry, not working means that the game loads to CREATING PLAYER and stuck there.

About the marker position, i am not into that, that's why i am happy some others knows how to do that.

But if i want to changes that i think it's pos="190,0" i have to changes but to what.

Thanks, have a nice day.

The looks are pretty much the same as shown in the screenshot in the first post. Only difference is the color of the experience bar above the toolbelt slots - it's blue instead of grey. Also, that bar is no longer part of the mod, but of the vanilla game.

Archived