Origin UI MOD

Tritox

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 12:28 AM, Tritox said:

origin-header-red.png

There are already rather many UI mods to 7 Days to Die and this is my contribution. The mod isn't entirely new, I just (finally) came up a name for it. The
for this mod won't be updated anymore.

The main idea of Origin is to keep the UI's look as close as possible to the original 7DTD UI (hence the mod name) while spicing up the UI with some quality of life changes. Though I do keep the right to slightly deviate from this guideline if it's best for the overall look of the mod.

The mod is updated when needed. Just please try to remember I live in a different continent than the Pimps, so the patches to the game usually land when us Finns sleep and shortly after that go to work.

:)

TL;DR: the mod is
usually
updated within approx. 10-16 hours of the new version.

origin-title-red01.png

origin-ss-v11_s.png

origin-title-red02.png

• (Top left)
    : Re-positioned
    day
    and
    time
    coupled with the
    world temperature
    and
    elevation
    indicators
  • (Top center)
    : Added indicator to compass to show which way the player is facing
  • (Top right)
    : Added text outlines to active quest tracker
  • (Bottom left)
    : Added bars for
    water
    , food and
    feels like -temperature
    above the current stamina and health Bars
  • (Bottom center)
    : Added
    player level
    indicator left from the XP bar and
    numbers
    for toolbelt slots

[

]
- compatible with
A17.1 b9

origin-title-red03.png

Before installing this mod, it's always a good idea to back up the existing files!

This mod consists of three main files which come in an XPath-compatible modlet. Simply extract the contents of the rar-archive to
[steam location]\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\
-directory. Overwrite prompt should only occur if you are updating the mod.

origin-title-red04.png

"I remember seeing coordinates in the HUD, where are they?"

- In A14, a bug was introduced to the UI which causes several unexpected errors if the player adds waypoints while the coordinate indicators is on. Later on, in A16, enabling the coordinates caused the UI pretty much to exploded, so they were removed entirely from the and they aren't coming back.

"Why are the buff timers disabled? How can I enable them?"

- While the buff timers are a nifty feature, they have several downsides which are caused mostly by the way the timers are implemented. Further details and the enabling instructions are found in the

"Can you change the temperature to Celcius?"

- The temperature unit can be changed by yourself in the console (works in MP only if you are an admin). Type
settempunit c
for Celcius and
settempunit f
for Fahrenheit.

"Why there is only a static fill for the core temperature bar?"

- The core temperature is just a value in the game UI and there isn't any changing fill related to it like there is for food/water/etc.

"Can this mod be used in multiplayer games?"

- Only if the host uses the mod. 7DTD multiplayer servers push most of the game files to the clients, including the xml files which the UI mods use. So even if you have this mod installed and the server you play on doesn't, you are forced to use the whatever UI the server uses.

"I don't like the feature X in your mod"

- And you absolutely shouldn't. This is a matter of taste like oh-so-many other things in the world. Luckily, you can always remove/add parts to your liking. I've tried to comment the mod files well and removing features pretty much comes down to comment out or remove sections from the XML files. If you don't know how to do this, I can probably help you out to some extent.

"Are you taking requests?"

Yes and no. The whole idea of this mod is to keep things as simple as possible while keeping the main look dedicated to the original 7DTD UI. However, if your request is good and rationalized, I may implement it but just don't expect me to add some huge and flashy timers to the middle of the screen. Also, please to try remember that I'm mostly doing this to my own leisure and I don't have plans on making it a second job .

Credits:

Big thanks to all the people in the forums who have helped me with the UI hacks (especially to
Sirillion
and
Red Eagle LXIX
) and for all the other UI modders who have given me good tips and ideas! Also huge thanks to YseGuy for creating the initial XPath modlet version and helping out with various fixes. Oh, and of course huge kudos for Da Pimps for creating this major timesink for us.

;)

This is great MOD...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived