True Survival

Spider

@xyth

I like those ideas but there are problems to it. If I give the cop a pistol,1 now he has something others will not get from a super long time. 2If the cop starts with the pistol recipe than he can repair it from the start.Now I could make recipes unlock for the professions at certain levels but that doesn't seem right to me. If you were a Cop and knew how to clean and assemble a pistol you wouldn't have to run around the zombie apocalypse a while before you remembered. I could make a completely new item "Old Pistol" and have it un repairable so it would have limited use. The same could be done for other items like a "Old Hoe"(hehe) or "Military Knife". Seems a little cheesy but it might be fun to relate to your profession immediately.

+1 for the OldHoe. I think the pistol issue can be controlled by ammo crafting gating and some tweaks to the loot tables to reduce/prevent 9MM rounds from dropping too often. Repairing knives and for other specialty items is similar, gate the repair kit needed. However, special starter items are also a solution I can support. Whatever you decide works best is fine with me.

As for the three crafting domains, I like it. I dont like player level being a gate but if needed I think this might be better:

My suggestion-

Journeyman starting items unlock at player level 20 Primitive Crafting lv 50

Master Craftsman starting items unlock at player level 40 Journeyman Crafting lv 50

Hard to guess the exact right number, but for some reason I found I leveled much slower than most of the posters. I dont power level or grind except to fill up the night hours, and was only about level 20 after most of my made items were 300-500.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

So, after playing this mod for a while I faced a huge problem with "overstuffed" debuff. Can someone explain me its mechanics? Even though my character is close to starvation this debuff still persists. Seriously, I was running around for about 3 in-game days "overstuffed" all the time. The debuff doens't seem to go away. Was eating charred meat only (as it is really easy to get early on). Previously on this thread I saw an information that you need to eat at least 100 charred meat during 1 in-game hour to get this debuff (maybe I am mistaken). I got this debuff after just 3 pieces of meat. Does the world time settings affect this somehow? In my savegame I am using 120 min setting.

sdffsdfs.jpg.7cdc9947c8395ed940c6ced3b6569055.jpg

Ok got this all sorted and need some input. Here is what is available for us to use for Farming. Each item has its own unique mesh.

Fruit Trees

• Apple
  • Lime
  • Lemon
  • Orange
  • Peach
  • Pear
  • Cherry
  • Avocado

Veggies-

• Tomato
  • Peppers
  • Carrot
  • Eggplant
  • Garlic
  • Onion
  • Lettuce
  • Corn
  • Potato

Fruit Plants-

• Banana Plant
  • Blueberry
  • Snowberry
  • Strawberry(This one has a growth stage that looks just like Poison Ivy)
  • Yucca Fruit

Flowers-

• Goldenrod
  • Red Flower
  • Cotton
  • Forrest
  • Sunflower

Other Food-

• Wheat
  • Mushrooms

Medicine-

• Aloe

Buff Items-

• Tobacco
  • Cannabis
  • Hops
  • Coffee

Resources- (I think these will be used in biome decoration maybe drop seeds but no recipe to make seeds)

• Redwood Tree
  • Bamboo
  • Palm tree
  • Sugarcane
  • Yucca Cactus

It’s a lot of stuff. The Starvation team has done a great job on adding a ton new vegetation meshes they just all look so beautiful it be a shame not to use them. But I think we will have to pick some of these for farming all is just too many.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

If those fruits and veggies are all edible and you gonna make all posible recipe mixes for them, the recipe count will be astronomical. So yes, lets select some. I personally don't feel the need for more edible crops. But for medicine/chemistry/craft we can have the more the better.

Fruit Trees

Apple

Orange

Peach

Pear

Veggies-

Tomato

Carrot

Garlic

Onion

Lettuce

Corn

Potato

Fruit Plants-

Banana

Blueberry

Snowberry

Strawberry(This one has a growth stage that looks just like Poison Ivy)

Yucca Fruit

Flowers-

Goldenrod

Red Flower

Cotton

Sunflower

Other Food-

Wheat

Mushrooms

Medicine-

Aloe

Buff Items-

Hops

Coffee

Those sound good

If those fruits and veggies are all edible and you gonna make all possible recipe mixes for them, the recipe count will be astronomical. So yes, lets select some. I personally don't feel the need for more edible crops. But for medicine/chemistry/craft we can have the more the better.

I'd use most if not all of them but place them in specific biomes. Citrus fruit only in plains, apples on in snow, pears in pine forest etc. As for recipes, that issue goes away in A16, so just add in some for now then all later.

Could be wrong, but the way they are changing the blocks (fewer types, more skins) will reduce the number of items in lists so the hit for having a lot of recipes will be lowered. If that wasn't why you wanted fewer items then my point isn't relevant.

Could be wrong, but the way they are changing the blocks (fewer types, more skins) will reduce the number of items in lists so the hit for having a lot of recipes will be lowered. If that wasn't why you wanted fewer items then my point isn't relevant.

its not the block count, its the recipe count that slows it down.

Because all recipes can be search from any station, it does a localisation lookup and a bunch of other stuff on every recipe each time you enter a character. They just need to implement a better search algorythm.

How about this

Fruit Trees

• Apple(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Lime(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Lemon(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Orange(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Peach(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Pear(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Cherry(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Avocado(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)

Veggies-

• Tomato(Has 3 unique growth stages, seed recipe)
  • Carrot(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Corn(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Potato(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Fruit Plants-

• Blueberry(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Snowberry(only grows in wild, drops no seeds, grows wild)
  • Strawberry(Has 3 unique growth stages, seed recipe)
  • Yucca Fruit(Has 2 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Flowers-

• Goldenrod(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Red Flower(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Cotton(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Forrest (only grows in wild, drops no seeds)
  • Sunflower(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Other Food-

• Wheat(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Mushrooms(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Medicine-

• Aloe(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Buff Items-

• Tobacco(grows wild drops seeds)
  • Cannabis(grows wild drops seeds)
  • Hops(Has 3 unique growth stages, seed recipe)
  • Coffee(Has 3 unique growth stages, seed recipe)

Resources-

• Redwood Tree(grows wild drops seeds)
  • Bamboo(grows wild drops no seeds)
  • Palm tree(grows wild drops no seeds, for decoration)
  • Sugarcane(grows wild drops no seeds, for decoration)
  • Yucca Cactus(grows wild drops seeds)

WHat ya think?

@xyth Maybe with the new shapes system we will not have a recipe for each shape, so one recipe for all wood frames, one recipe for all concrete blocks, etc. But I don't know. In our mod we can remove flagstone/brick blocks and make them only 'paintjobs' for cobblestone, as those materials fit into cobblestone role.

@xyth Maybe with the new shapes system we will not have a recipe for each shape, so one recipe for all wood frames, one recipe for all concrete blocks, etc. But I don't know. In our mod we can remove flagstone/brick blocks and make them only 'paintjobs' for cobblestone, as those materials fit into cobblestone role.

Yeah, I think there will only be a recipe for each shape, then a sub menu for the class, like wood or cobblestone. So that will remove a lot of recipes from the search.

That's my understanding of how the new block system will work. One recipe for each of the different types of blocks, which will definitely lessen the amount of recipes. It would be nice if the Pimps could make the search only search for recipes build able at a certain station.

Spider. Suggestion now that I'm thinking about it. Add the rope recipe to the first category (forget what it's called, the one that has important recipes from all the other tabs). It's just a quality of life request, so we don't have to keep searching for rope every time we need to make some.

How about this

Fruit Trees

• Apple(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Lime(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Lemon(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Orange(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Peach(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Pear(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Cherry(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)
  • Avocado(only use the second stage of growth that does not show the fruit as extra tree decoration in the biomes)

Veggies-

• Carrot(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Corn(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Potato(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Fruit Plants-

• Blueberry(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Yucca Fruit(Has 2 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Flowers-

• Sunflower(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Other Food-

• Wheat(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)
  • Mushrooms(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Medicine-

• Aloe(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild, seed recipe)

Buff Items-

• Tobacco(grows wild drops seeds)
  • Cannabis(grows wild drops seeds)

Resources-

• Redwood Tree(grows wild drops seeds)
  • Bamboo(grows wild drops no seeds)
  • Palm tree(grows wild drops no seeds, for decoration)
  • Sugarcane(grows wild drops no seeds, for decoration)
  • Yucca Cactus(grows wild drops seeds)

WHat ya think?

sounds to me like you try to copy Starvation.......

Spider. Suggestion now that I'm thinking about it. Add the rope recipe to the first category (forget what it's called, the one that has important recipes from all the other tabs). It's just a quality of life request, so we don't have to keep searching for rope every time we need to make some.

I just click on the grass icon in my backpack and then click recipes. I takes you right to the rope recipe that way.

I just click on the grass icon in my backpack and then click recipes. I takes you right to the rope recipe that way.

Wow... seriously? I use that method all the time when trying to find recipes when I know I have one of the ingredients. Why the heck did I never think to do that with rope? I feel dumb now LOL.

Spider. As others have mentioned, sounds like the farming variety you're looking at is from Starvation. That mod looks so amazing and I'd love to try it but I don't want to give up your mod. The part of that mod that interests me the most is the survivor colony stuff. Would any of that be possible to add to TS?

Spider. As others have mentioned, sounds like the farming variety you're looking at is from Starvation. That mod looks so amazing and I'd love to try it but I don't want to give up your mod. The part of that mod that interests me the most is the survivor colony stuff. Would any of that be possible to add to TS?

Starvation has nearly pure vanilla game play except for the cool add-ins. TS changes the game play significantly. As long as managing a village is optional I am not opposed to adding something like that in, but I found managing settlements in Fallout tedious, and I doubt starvation will be any different (I hold out some hope as those guys are amazing!). For me, I just want to survive solo (or with friends).

No I dont plan on adding the working survivors that make stuff and eat. They are cool but not sure it they fit TS game play. I would like to use Morts follower interface so we dont have to punch them, that be nice.

Here's how it came out

Fruit Trees

• Apple(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Pine Forrest, seed recipe)

Veggies-

• Carrot(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Forrest, seed recipe)
  • Corn(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Plains, seed recipe)
  • Potato(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Forrest, seed recipe)

Fruit Plants-

• Blueberry(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Snow, seed recipe)
  • Yucca Fruit(Has 2 unique growth stages, grows wild in Desert, seed recipe)

Flowers-

• Sunflower(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Plains, seed recipe)

Other Food-

• Wheat(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Plains, seed recipe)
  • Mushrooms(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild Cave, seed recipe)

Medicine-

• Aloe(Has 3 unique growth stages, grows wild in Desert, seed recipe)

Buff Items-

• Tobacco(grows wild in Plains drops seeds)
  • Cannabis(grows wild in Forrest and Pine Forrest, drops seeds)

Resources-

• Redwood Tree(grows wild drops seeds)Used to make Redwood Blocks that are stronger against zombies.
  • Bamboo(grows wild in Water Biome, drops no seeds)
  • Palm tree(grows wild in Water Biome, drops no seeds, for decoration)
  • Sugarcane(grows wild in Water Biome, drops no seeds, for decoration)
  • Yucca Cactus(grows wild in Desert drops seeds)

What ya think?

Here are the Plants that we have nothing to do with.

Forrest Flower- This flower drops no seeds and can not be farmed. I was thinking maybe make it an ingredient for the cure for the Z Virus?

Sun Flower- Gather the Seeds and Dry them on the Drying Rack to make a easy snack that slightly lowers Hydration(maybe needs salt?)

Sugar Cane-Could just be for decorations or we could use it for Beer/Grain Alcohol recipe

I like the sunflower seed idea. Sugar cane ingredient can be used to boost the OH content of alcohol recipes to increase bonuses (example- light beer vs normal). Forest flowers, yeah maybe for the natural cure whatever its called.

Are you adding new diseases like Scurvy? If so, consider biome plant distribution for things that cure that (tomatoes, carrots, blueberries)

If your adding in cannabis, might as well add in a small %chance to mushrooms to provide a similar buff (or a fun one) as most players cant tell one mushroom apart from another so will occasionally pick up a more interesting one.

@xyth-

No I had a whole nutrition system worked out with scurvy and other sicknesses where fruits, veggies and meat gave different nutrition vitamins and the player would needed to eat a balanced diet but after getting it all finished I looked at it and it was a whole lot of complicated work for much of nothing. The bonus you get now for prepared foods really achieves the same goal, "to get the player to eat a varied diet".

The tobacco will be dried on the Drying Rack and with papers you can roll cigarettes. The Cannabis will be the same but I'm going to add the "weed" buff that will make you slow and hungry for a bit. You could use this to help lessen the Over Stuffed buff or use it to make yourself hungry so you can eat more wellness foods.