True Survival

Spider

I refuel my bike no problem, I have gas in my inventory and have the bike's menu open and press 'refuel'. Is any of the bike's parts broken?

That was it, the engine had a worn out part, so I built the second bike and tore down its engine for parts. All fueled up now. Thanks.

I have not played far enough to be much help (Just made my first anvil on a forge that I moved with a wrench cause hey, it's SP and no one will object) and it seems you are optimizing for MP, which is understandable. I will mention just a few things I noticed that might be candidates for changes though.

1. I couldn't tell when crops were ready to be punched for harvest. I punched them a few days when they seemed done but nothing looted so I guess I was too early. I know the pick tool-tip isn't used because of how you need to harvest, but I hope there is a better way to tell than just ruining the crop.

2. Full bikes in boxes seem more plentiful than wrenches, or maybe that's just my strange luck.

3. You get to build a block wood frame for free, but need to spend points to get the rest of the shapes. Is that intended?

4. Can you find a grill in loot, or do you have to wait for a running forge? I have never seen one drop.

5. Getting 75 in stone working seems high before you can forge iron bars. I have about 3 points in it now at L11, and have a running forge making knives and nails. 75 seems like it will be a full-time grind for weeks making and repairing axes. Is that also intended?

6. Followers seem to freeze up and not fight more often than not, even ones with clubs, just waiting to be beat down. Is that a bug or intended? Seems to happen following a few punches, but that may not be whats causing it.

7. Zombies are not worth looting, and you explained why, which I agree with. However, is there a strong correlation between container and loot type? For example, looting dressers might most often give clothing, kitchen cabinets food and utensils, trash, well, trash loot, etc. If I'm freezing, I think i'd run around looking in bedroom closets and dressers for clothing, not in other locations. There seems to be some correlation, just not very strong in my limited experience so far.

8. As for raising medicine, how about limited exp for crafting aloe cream? Maybe add a fragile scalpel and if you use it to destroy Z corpses it raises medicine a bit.

9. The range on the spear seems good in SP, I still get hit when using it on the real fast Z's. Might be my technique. I run through them when using a club but it seems more accurate to backpedal while aiming above their heads.

10. I mentioned the no safezone in SP already, which I guess you can't fix. It makes starting in SP a real B.... I just had an idea though. This may only happen when you start with a land claim block in your inventory. That seems to be one difference between this mod and others that still provide a safe spawn area. I might try editing out that and try a new startup, once I find the xml file that holds the starting loot (probably in the professions) -Tested it, no impact because the area spawn happens before class selection.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Update 12/21/2016-

Slightly increased enemy’s chance to inflict wounds

Clarified Miner 69’er description

Increased Rabbit Trap stack size

Increased the time it takes a Rabbit Trap to catch a rabbit

Rabbit Traps cannot be placed close to each other any more

Locked the Cobblestone Frames that were not locked

Fixed all Arrows not applying bonus head damage to zombies

Lowered nearly all melee weapons range by -0.1

Diversified bonus zombie head damage on melee weapons

Wood Club does an extra -100hp/Iron Club does an extra -200hp/Spiked does an extra -300hp/Steel Spiked does an extra -400hp

The same kind of progression for bonus zombie head damage was done to bladed weapons

The same kind of progression for bonus zombie head damage was done to Arrows and Crossbolts

Changed the Power Swing (Alt Attack) on melee weapon to do stronger bonus zombie head damage than the normal swing so if normal swing does -100hp Power Swing does -200hp. If normal swing does -200hp then Power Swing does -300hp

Also changed Tools to have a low bonus zombie head damage on normal swing but much higher bonus head damage on Power Swing

Removed Weapon Smithing. It still will show in the skill screen, it can't be deleted without breaking saves. I will delete it when saves have to be broken

All items that leveled Weapon Smithing have been placed under their Tech Material Skill. Wood Working, Stone Working, Iron Working and Steel Working.

Had a choice between our Farming/Harvesting System and the fertilizer system. I chose the Fertilizer System. So the Harvesting Skill will be dropped. Plants will not need to be collected with hands. You will be able to pick them with “E” like vanilla. Most seeds will be able to be planted on normal ground without hoeing and produce 1 crop. Hoeing the ground will produce 2 crops. Fertilizing the ground will produce 4 crops.

Reduced Seed crafting times by half

Decreased Follower Spawn

Increased Dismemberment chance

Added Concrete Block Shape recipes

Added Green Metal Block Shape recipes

Added Pipe Shape recipes

Lowered Mini Bike Wheels Trader Value

Changed Tech Material Progression

• Wood Working lv55 to get to Cobblestone
  • Stone Working lv55 to get Scrap Iron Building
  • Stone Working lv65 to get Rebar Frames and Iron Crafting
  • Iron Working lv75 to get Steel

Will not break saves. May mess up quality level on old weapons.

Still enjozing this mod! Thanks for the effort you put in Spider!

Some points i came across, while playing multiplayer with 2 players, we are at day 13 now

-wound system is more in balance, i actually got a wound this game.

-we have gotten 2 bikes in a box, drop rate seems a bit high indeed

-we did find a grill

-BOILED MEAT gives wellness, but the boiled meat sandwitch does not while it does use boiled meat as ingredient.

-looting in a container then quick cancel and looting again removes the timer, so for instantaccess just press E 3 times

-steel arrowheads cannot be scrapped or smelted

-venison steak is missing an icon

-wood working bench is still very hard to craft. Only one wood block type can be made by hand, im missing a ramp or stairs to be able to create a decent buildling, how about making those also handcraftable, perhaps make it slow for realism? i got the skills for cobblestones now but still cannot make wood stuff, so looks like im going to skip past it?

-cobblestone frame cannot be upgraded, I have the wrench, 500cobblestones in inventory, but when i try to upgrade it shows the cobblestones icon with a red x like I dont have enough.

@Jaertof-

Glad your liking it. In True Survival Mini Bikes are not end game items. Whats the point of waiting to have transportation until you don't need it any more. Also in a scenario like this(end of the world) there would be plenty of vehicles around to jump into but since we cant do that and I cant make mini bikes spawn in world and function I make the bikes easy to find in loot. So don't think of it as finding a Mini Bike in loot think of it more like you found a working vehicle with a tank of gas in it.

The looting instant bug is a game bug I'm pretty sure

Upgrade Cobblestone frames with Cobblestones in your hand same with Cement Mix and Rebar

Generally seems to be working as intended, and I like the new material based progression.

1. No icon for the Hoof

2. Wounds definitely happening more often. I'm not sure about the Bandage changing code though. Twice I had a bandage on a wound that was timing down towards "dirty" then at zero time it never went to dirty, but inflicted a sprained leg etc. ---> Update: I got another bite and bandaged it, waited for it to time down and it switched to dirty bandage as it is supposed to. Not sure what happened before but this time I tested in controlled conditions so maybe something else happened like a Z in the grass hitting me or something like that.

- Spider please check Bear Trap. It seems it is deadly, no way to cure it. You can break it, but nothing heals the 'bear trap' buff and you eventually die.

- Also check carbon arrows, people report there is no headshot multyplier.

- Secure storage chest has no icon.

- When scavenging I find 'crossbow bolts', or when I find and unload crossbows, there are 'crossbow bolts', but I think there should only exist 'iron crossbow bolt' and 'steel crossbow bolt', shouldn't there? IDK if it matters or not.

Per your post: Changed Tech Material Progression

Wood Working lv55 to get to Cobblestone

Stone Working lv55 to get Scrap Iron Building

Stone Working lv65 to get Rebar Frames and Iron Crafting

Iron Working lv75 to get Steel

Ok, I'm wondering why stone skill is the prerequisite for Forged iron rather than iron skill? If anything, woodworking skills are more related to metalworking than masonry is. This might make more sense:

Stone Working lv55 to get Cobblestone

Wood Working lvxx to get to Scrap Iron Building

Wood Working lvxx to get Rebar Frames and Iron Crafting

Iron Working lv75 to get Steel

@xyth-

You cant put a requirement on a Action/Crafting Skill so I have to lock the Perks(recipes). The Mods Material progression goes Wood does not hurt Stone,Stone does not hurt Iron and Iron does not hurt Steel. Payers first learn to craft wood items then stone then iron then steel. Even human history went Wood>Stone>Iron>Steel. So i don't see why changing that would make any since.

@xyth-

You cant put a requirement on a Action/Crafting Skill so I have to lock the Perks(recipes). The Mods Material progression goes Wood does not hurt Stone,Stone does not hurt Iron and Iron does not hurt Steel. Payers first learn to craft wood items then stone then iron then steel. Even human history went Wood>Stone>Iron>Steel. So i don't see why changing that would make any since.

I understand, makes sense really. I guess the main issue I am running into is raising stone skill without having to grind stone axes. Cobblestones are still locked at Level 20 for me, I thought since I could make cobblestone frames, I could do something useful and bild a cobblestone base to raise the skill but since its locked (despite having high wood and iron skills) I think i'm forced to grind axes instead of playing the game. Am I missing a useful task to raise stone skill?

@xyth-

The point of the Material Tech Progression is to use, craft and build with each material for a while before moving on to the next stage. Cobblestone requires Wood working lv 55 so if you want to really level Stone working you have to get to Wood Working to Lv55 first. If you want to really level Iron Working you need to get to Stone Working Lv 65 first. Trying to skip stages will not be fun. Also fyi Arrows, Corssbolts, Stone Axe, Stone Shovel, Cobblestones, Cement, Concrete Mix, Bricks, Concrete all level stone working but building something with cobblestone is the lest grindy way to get it done.

@Xamllew-

Ya waiting on SDX to do any of that

Understood. I think if that's the model (and its a good one) you should consider opening up the full wood block range and a tool to upgrade wood blocks earlier so its worth building something. Building with wood frames and old wood blocks isn't worth the time. I built those and burned them in the campfire and still am only L30 in wood at Level 20, but I'm L58 in Iron in just a few nights. Early on, I spent much of my time deconstructing houses at night just to get some nails for ladders. Without a hammer I can't really do much with wood. It would be much more fun to really have what you need to run with wood for 55 levels. That said, I'm new to this mod so maybe I have not discovered another tool besides the hammer to upgrade wood.

----> Update: OK, duh, the wrench can be used to upgrade wood blocks. Guess I missed this as it took me forever to find one (quality 7 no less) so I saved it for moving my forge and never tested it as an upgrade tool.

I do agree on xyth on this;

In term of production speed wood is faster to make than cobble, but in term of speed of access wood is a step that isn't required : you already is forced to have some sort of base for storage (and whatever) before you get access to all wood block (minus maybe a very few players that loot towns first and are both lucky enough to get the workbench* and find a claw hammer).

So basically by then you already found a way to deal with it somehow, and as cobble isn't really hard to unlock (after lv 5 use plank and stick craft as you need plenty of stick anyway) you will just skip it beside maybe make a ramp (maybe, because you can always make ladder in your inventory).

*can't really make it, I'v yet to see any battery while i take down car with my wrench. and it need 4. And each take a inventory slot. That quickly limit yours possibility in term of time used/ thing you get back to your base. At last you can get the nail gun part in the snow, with zombies.

So basically by then you already found a way to deal with it somehow, and as cobble isn't really hard to unlock (after lv 5 use plank and stick craft as you need plenty of stick anyway) you will just skip it beside maybe make a ramp (maybe, because you can always make ladder in your inventory).

You can make Cobble ramps (and all the shapes) at Wood Level 20 but why bother as you need wood level 55 to make a cobblestone. If you want a ramp, the truss ramp is easy to make once you setup a forge (which seems the easiest workbench to craft). I use the truss ramp to extend the roof of a POI out far enough and just sit and shot down on bloodmoon nights as well. Heck, you can build a better base just with that 1 block than you can with wood or stone.

Well, you can move the frame - truss is static. If you use a poi, yeah you don't need much but you might want otherwise to get lv55 and get your first "real" base out of cobblestone unless you want to see your wall break quickly and/or have some z shoot and one shoot some stage of your block.

Upgrade wood to iron isn't doable because of the cost and the lack of iron tool to mine iron.

Pole are also useful if you build somewhat in the air (to shoot from above), ramp are too wide and get hit too often. Wood is too easy to destroy (spit/explosion) and can lead to problem eventually.

Also, if you start making your cobble frame/etc at lv20 (and stick before) you reach rather easily lv 55 for the cobblestone item - as the frame itself is wood working. (Unless you use a POI of course, as you don't need to build much then)

@xyth-

You said

" I built those and burned them in the campfire and still am only L30 in wood at Level 20, but I'm L58 in Iron in just a few nights."

How are you leveling Iron Working?

You can make Cobblestone Frames at Wood Working lv20 to help level your Wood Working and by making Cobblestone Frames you can be prepared for when you hit Lv55 in Wood Working and then start pumping out Cobblestones to upgrade all the Frames you made. So you dont have to wait till Wood Working lv 55 to start building a stone base

Also ya'll do know you can upgrade blocks to better material before you can unlock building the frames right. So when you learn Wood Frames you can build and upgrade them all the way to Steel Walls if you have the upgrade material. The only thing the frames do is let you skip a lot of upgrade material cost.

A good point mentioned is to allow all wood technology to a starter. If you want players to fully live through all stages (wood, stone, iron), and not to shortcut to the next stage by grinding, then don't gate the wood technology by hard-to-get stuff. Currently wood workbench is rather affordable, but a clawhammer is nearly impossible to get if you don't have an engineer friend with access to forged iron. So when a player gets a workbench and a hammer and enough nails, he usually is already beyond his 'first base' stage.

Quick note : I walked into a bear trap (farmer) in my small testing area (bear trap + npc in the middle to lure/kill) while I was starting to remove it.

The buff don't wear off, so if I log again I'll die very quickly (bandage did remove the bleeding). I have a few healing item but I won't last past a few minutes. I would appreciate if you could look into it.

1. What determins the abuility for zombies to climb? Maybe their walk type? I had some nasty surprise this night :)

2. Motorbike engine (full purple, fully repaired) breaks complitely after running over 1-2 zombies. I never try to do that on purpose, but sometimes you can't avoid it. I suspect it maybe due to the buffed zombies' health.

Each entity can have this line :

<property name="CanClimbVertical" value="true" />

So either they can if they have this, or either they can't. Some night variant are basically the same as the day z but have this property added.

When you loot them, if they show "8" in their name they climb. (like Joe8)