True Survival

Spider

Anyone else having a hard time hunting food? I've noticed 2 problems. First is that I'll hit the target with an arrow it starts off running and then it just vanishes before my eyes. The other problem is that deer and pig either have 2 many hit points or are just plain immortal. I came across a really stupid pig that was stick in the corner of a fenced in area. I started stabbing the hell out of it with an iron spear, went from 100% to almost broken. Pig never died and as I was repairing the spear he vanished.

I've never faced any of these problems. Hunting is a no problem at all. Crouch silently to the best position to shoot from, aim for the head !POOF! you have your meal :)

Deer and pigs can withstand a great ammount of punishment if you're not hitting the head.

I've discovered there is a distance, where your bow can still hit the dear, but far enough so he doesn't even start running away. Iron arrows make some 2-4 hits, no headshots.

Before that I used to chase the animals into water, it slowed them down so I could shoot them. Arrows do better, really hard to kill it with spear for some reason.

I've discovered there is a distance, where your bow can still hit the dear, but far enough so he doesn't even start running away.

I can confirm that. There's that distance. And it is not that long. I used that feature to kill deer in my early-game days)

O ♥♥♥♥! Starvation SDX is out. What a perfect present for today. I'm stuck at home in a blizzard with a Gallon of Crown, and a nice bag of green. Time to play!

I was surprised you didnt die right away on oaks server lol. Especially in light of your comment above. Guess youre a true survivor too lol.

@tilarium-

Either something is wrong with your computer, your game or you installed the Mod wrong because you are the first to report super animals that can vanish. Also Pigs and Deers have the same 200hp. Please learn to understand the xml's before you start looking through them and trying reporting bugs from them that don't exist because you misunderstand the syntax.

Okay, I got that overStuffed problem again. I understand you, Spider, when you say with 120min days buffs last twice as long (cause many of them have their duration in in-game hours).

The problem is the overstuffed buff appears and it never disappears at all, only dying helps (which is, well, an option to get rid of it, but not a very good one).

I tried to switch my game to 10min days and wait three days, it didn't help. Using a console command "debuff overStuffed" removes it permanently, as it should do. But in a few mins after it overstuffed appears again (no food, drinks or any other items raising wellness used after entering the console command).

Why does it happen to me? I do not use wellness gain exploits nor aware of any. Looks like a bug, don't tell me it's a feature, please)))

Missing textures

Buffs:

• Radiation sickness from walking on Radiated Soil.
  • Added new Limp debuff. When a player reaches 10% health they will limp. Heal up above 10% health to heal the Limp
  • Added new Fast Travel buff when you are traveling on a paved road. When on a paved road you will travel 50% faster. This also applies to animals and zombies.
  • Poison Debuff with four 24 hour stages added with the final stage causing death.
  • Vitamins give wellness buff over time but do not cure dysentery.
  • Antibiotics do not give wellness and cure wound infections.
  • Shock buff slows, reduces stamina / health, and lowers Wellness.
  • Large 1st Aid Kit heals and splints leg.
  • Smoking reduces hunger but has a slight stamina drain and lowers wellness slightly.
  • Sedative quickly lowers Stamina.
  • Red Bull Stamina boosts last twice as long as coffee.
  • Bear Trap traps the player and inflicts bleed and breaks legs.
  • Sleeping bags raise your core temp by 20 and can be picked up
  • Mattress beds give 1 health every 5 seconds and raise your core temp by 25. Cannot be picked up.
  • Big Beds give 2 health every 5 seconds and raise your core temp by 30. Cannot be picked up.
  • Most drink can be dumped on your head the the left mouse button. When used it will lower your core temp by -15 for 3 min. Returns jar. Put out fires and remove Acid Spit.
  • If a player takes more than 3 Antibiotics in a 12 day period they will become immune to the beneficial effects of Antibiotics for 7 days.

Addiction

Stimulant Can be looted or made by a Scientist with 1xBottle Water + 1xCrushed Goldenrod + 1xMixed Chemicals = 3 Stimulants. Stimulant Buff last 3 minutes increases Wellness by 1 and stamina by 4 every second. Multiple stimulants can be taken to stack buff time. Potential risks listed below (Withdrawal).

There are 3 different addiction stages for stimulants:

• Addiction Stage 1 requires more than 3 Stimulants in a 24 hour period.
  • Addiction Stage 2 requires more than 6 Stimulants in a 48 hour period.
  • Addiction Stage 3 requires more than 9 Stimulants in a 72 hour period.

• Addiction Stage 1 (+1 Stamina every second /+ 10% movement speed / -0.1 Wellness every 8 hours)
  • Addiction Stage 2 (+2 Stamina every second / + 15% movement speed / -0.1 Wellness every 8 hours)
  • Addiction Stage 3 (+4 Stamina every second / + 25% movement speed / -0.2 Wellness every 8 hours)

Withdrawal

There are 3 different stages of withdrawal. If you do not keep taking Stimulants you will lose your Addiction Buff and get a Withdrawal Buff. Taking another Stimulant will cure the Withdrawal buff instantly.

• Withdrawal Stage 1 (+1 Stamina every second / - 5% movement speed / -0. Wellness every 2 in-game hours)
  • Withdrawal Stage 2 (+2 Stamina every second / -10% movement speed / -0.4 Wellness every 2 in-game hours)
  • Withdrawal Stage 3 (+2 Stamina every second / -15% movement speed / -0.5 Wellness every 2 in-game hours)

Zombies now have a chance to transmit a Virus instead of an infection. Use Antiviral Meds to cure Zombie Virus.

Stun is changed to a Zombie Grab (same buff just renamed for immersion)

Wound Buff System

Anything that can attack you has a chance to hurt you. Get hurt too much and you will be wounded. To heal the wound you will have to treat it and maintain it until it heals. This wound system has 5 stages.

• The first is Bruised and needs no tending to or maintaining it will heal on its own as long as you are not hurt more.

• The Second is a Small Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Small Wound you will also get a Pain Buff that can be cured with a Pain Killer. To Heal the Small Wound you need to use a Bandage on it. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your small wound will heal into Bruised. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to a Wound.

• The Third is a Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Wound you will also get a Sprained Leg Buff that can be cured with a Splint. To Heal the Wound you need to use a First Aid Bandage on it. After some time the First Aid Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Wound will heal into Small Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to a Sever Wound.

• The Forth is a Sever Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Sever Wound you will also get a Gash Buff that can be cured with a Suter Kit. To Heal the Sever Wound you need to use a Sanitized Bandage on it. After some time the Sanitized Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Sever Wound will heal into a Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to an Infected Wound.

• The Last stage is an Infected Wound. When you receive enough damage to get an Infected Wound you will also get an Infection (not the Z Virus) To Heal the Infected Wound you need to use a Sanitized Bandage on it. After some time the Sanitized Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Infected Wound will heal into a Sever Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean and you will die.

Zombie Bites

Getting bitten and not caring for it is the only way to get the Z Virus. Infected can only Bite you if they Grab (stun) you. Once you receive a Bite you will also get a Bleed that can be healed as normal. To remove the Bite you must cook a Metal/Steel Pipe in the Campfire/Burn Barrel and Cauterize the Bite with it. You have 24 game hours to do this before you catch the Z Virus. After you Cauterize the Bite you will have a Bite Wound that you will need to treat with a Bandage. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplying. Do all this successfully and you will receive a Wound, fail to do any of these steps and you will be infected with the Z Virus.

Wellness System

• Vitamins give a wellness buff over time but do not cure dysentery.
  • Apple/Carrot/Yucca/Tea Juices increase wellness by 0.2.
  • Wellness Juice increases wellness by 1.
  • Antibiotics do not give wellness.
  • Beer reduces Wellness by -0.5.
  • Pain Pills reduce wellness by -0.1.
  • All canned foods reduce Wellness by -0.1
  • Grain Alcohol reduces wellness by -1.

Quest

• Added five part quest chain for all professions
  • Added total of 54 Quest so far

Perks

• Nearly all needed recipes are bought with Skill Points that are gained by leveling skills
  • Added total of 54 Perks so far

Download Full A15.1 Mod Here–https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survial-A15-JZMOD.git

Steam Group and Mod Forums –http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer

How I can install the textures to the zombies and the guns?

@RomRomRya-

Ya changing the time in a current game really messes stuff up I would not suggest doing that . It will mess up the Horde timing and buffs timing.I know of the problem and its already fixed in the next version. I am switching all buff to go off real time instead of game time so the Day Length Setting wont bother buffs anymore. As for removing it using the console, you removed the wrong buff. The Overstuffed buff is just the effect not the cause. If you want to remove it via console remove the hidden "stuffed" buff. That's what causes the Overstuffed de buff.

Also with the new ability to Examine a block to learn how to make it how do we want to do this? If you walk up to a brick ramp and examine it should you just learn that one brick ramp block or should you learn all brick blocks?

@RomRomRya-

Ya changing the time in a current game really messes stuff up I would not suggest doing that . It will mess up the Horde timing and buffs timing.I know of the problem and its already fixed in the next version. I am switching all buff to go off real time instead of game time so the Day Length Setting wont bother buffs anymore. As for removing it using the console, you removed the wrong buff. The Overstuffed buff is just the effect not the cause. If you want to remove it via console remove the hidden "stuffed" buff. That's what causes the Overstuffed de buff.

Also with the new ability to Examine a block to learn how to make it how do we want to do this? If you walk up to a brick ramp and examine it should you just learn that one brick ramp block or should you learn all brick blocks?

FIRST . BEST MOD THAT I HAVE PLAYED!

SECOND . MAKE IT EVEN HARDER!

THIRD . I WANT TO CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHEN ZOMBIES TRY TO BREAK IN .

Well, you can set to learn only that kind of block , or you can learn to make ramps (any kind of ramp).

I vote for all blocks of that type. It would be tedious, and otherwise you would have to ensure every block combination would exist in game prefabs many times to make it viable otherwise.

@RomRomRya-

Thanks Spider! Nice to know this problem is fixed in the next version.

As for the ability to examine I think character should learn all shapes of the block at once.

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

Personally I'd like to learn only one block at a time. That would make me go out and explore prefabs. I'd see it a refreshing activity, unlike the usual kill/loot/harvest/build. On the other hand, if we gonna remove magoli prefabs, there isn't much left to explore. And it depends how difficult it is to find an 'examine' tool (its 'one use', right?).

But I don't insist, any option suits me fine.

I downloaded the mod about ten days ago, does the starvation sdx require an additional download from the same website, does it overwrite anything? I'm playing an a15 v2 play through on my channel and want to make sure I'm showcasing all the mod has to offer :)

Wrong thread friend this is the True Survival Thread not Starvation

Ok been working on the weapons here's what we got so far.

Melee

11 Blunt Weapons

7 Knives

6 Long Bladed Weapons

2 Fighting Axes

4 Spears

Ranged

2 Bows

2 Crossbows

10 Pistols

6 Shotguns

19 Rifles

3 Rocket Launchers

Each has its own 3d Mesh, recipe and stats. Ill be posting a spreadsheet with the stats for people to look over once its done.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Ok been working on the weapons here's what we got so far.

Melee

11 Blunt Weapons

7 Knives

6 Long Bladed Weapons

2 Fighting Axes

4 Spears

Ranged

2 Bows

2 Crossbows

10 Pistols

6 Shotguns

19 Rifles

3 Rocket Launchers

Each has its own 3d Mesh, recipe and stats. Ill be posting a spreadsheet with the stats for people to look over once its done.

So wow! Impressed! More means to level zombies to the ground!

Can't wait to get my hands on those "long bladed weapons" and "fighting axes"!

Those gonna have some extreme dismemberment chance :3

This has probably been brought up before but any thoughts on giving each starting class a starting weapon? I can't past 5 minutes in the game before dying. I am sure that mean I suck at this game but I would like to have at least a small chance of living. First two times I spawned in wasteland and thought maybe it was because of that. So restarted a third time and spawned into a forest biome. Thought to myself I might have a small chance. Before I can craft even a stone axe I am dancing circles with three zombies trying to punch them to death. I finally decide to run and regroup. Before I know it I am being chased by at least ten and can see more of them in all directions. I know this mod is meant to be hard but holy cow...lol.

@naterz98, Can't really help you. I tend not to fight in the beginning. LOL, in A14 I was running for weeks before I even killed my first zed (I had athletics 100 by that time). But I was a noob then. Now I can kill one-two zeds with a wooden club if I have to. But if you can find a follower (they look like a player), run up to him and he will protect you, so you can restore some stamina at least and harvest stones/grass/wood around him. But next version we will not be able to find followers 'everywhere', only in some specific places.

So my advice: run, walk (to save stamina), avoid fighting, try to find a some POI to spend the night, use followers while they are available. If fighting, have several wooden clubs (they wear off too fast) and aim for the head.