True Survival

Spider

@unlike them-

They shouldn't break a save. They will not have any weapons or tools that get their stats from them so I would think they would be adjustable after starting a game. (That's some good BS right there. Grade A. Almost make myself think I know what I'm talking about)

@The Rogue Tomato-

Sure no problem. I coded them ages ago haven't messed with them much since. Ill add your sounds but I'm keeping the attack sound. Just makes for good "crap your self" game play. :)

@RomRomRya-

No I can give them starting points in other skills and each will be getting 5 in something. Look back a few pages and I listed out the all the adjustable variables for the stat increases. Its only Entity Damage I cant specify any type.

Added another Profession

Mechanic- Harvest Count X2 Crafting Time 10% -- All Mini Bike Parts ,Auger , Chainsaw, Mechanical Parts--Engineering lv5--Old Wrench

@xyth-

Honestly I dont know, no skills or perks in vanilla have a bonus harvest count. But I assume it would be any destroy event that uses the Harvest action. So yes it might give two smallEngins. It will need some testing to balance but I believe any problems like that can be solved by having the engine drop last upon breaking the cars instead while damaging the car(harvesting). I'm also not sure how 50% would do. It might not increase anything if you harvest only 1 item from it. The idea for this is that a Carpenter and an Electrician would be more skilled at taking something apart and because of that would retrieve more usable parts than a normal player.

@RomRomRya-

Thanks. Thats my goal. I want players to want to be all of them. That's how you know its balanced. I will be making it easier(Spiders version of easier) to learn other Professions in the next build. As for the cop and soldier i could add entity damage (somehow i didn't see that in the list when i did this)maybe remove the dismemberment bonus. Lets say Cop 5% Soldier 10% Entity Damage?

Cop 5% Soldier 10% works well i think. and makes sense. Add a hunter class with bonus damage to animals lol so i can stop shooting deer 20 times :-)

@unlike them-

(That's some good BS right there. Grade A. Almost make myself think I know what I'm talking about)

lmao hilarious :-)

@The Rogue Tomato-

Sure no problem. I coded them ages ago haven't messed with them much since. Ill add your sounds but I'm keeping the attack sound. Just makes for good "crap your self" game play. :)

I agree

@RomRomRya-

No I can give them starting points in other skills and each will be getting 5 in something. Look back a few pages and I listed out the all the adjustable variables for the stat increases. Its only Entity Damage I cant specify any type.

Add base damage stat then/or add entity/block damage bonus stat. not sure how to code it in atm but i think can be done.

Yeah, I like 5 and 10% for cop and soldier respectively.

@Dragons Nest-

Spider said, he can't specify damage type. He can add only overall entity damage.

All you need to kill a deer is a one headshot :3

It's useless to shoot a body. It seems animals share the zombie headshot mechanic.

Holy father of satan, how many arrows I wasted figuring this out...

But now if I happen to see a deer or a pig - it is dead, no doubts. All you need is to find a good spot to snipe it from.

With this mod hunting has become a whole ritual for me. I feel myself a native american hunter while I am pursuing my prey)

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

Yeah, I like 5 and 10% for cop and soldier respectively.

@Dragons Nest-

Spider said, he can't specify damage type. He can add only overall entity damage.

All you need to kill a deer is a one headshot :3

It's useless to shoot a body. It seems animals share the zombie headshot mechanic.

Holy father of satan, how many arrows I wasted figuring this out...

But now if I happen to see a deer or a pig - it is dead, no doubts. All you need is to find a good spot to snipe it from.

With this mod hunting has become a whole ritual for me. I feel myself a native american hunter while I am pursuing my prey)

I know im working out how to get the damage type in for him.

As for 20 shots was exagerating lol

havent played the mod as working on own and its hard enough to playtest my own :-)

but knowing spiders work it should be good mod.

And yes holy father of satan and all that lol i spent so many arrows and bullets till learned to snipe from a bush. "had to think real world lol"

I totally get this. This is actually a great idea for a starter class, nativist, with significant bonuses to most primative skills (bows, fishing, basic cooking, wood construction, primitive clothing etc, but gets locked out of top tier crafting and weapons (can't grok the tech)

I would make reloading speed for the cop and the soldier +100% (half time). Because it is not OP. A professional can do things much faster than an average Joe, so it makes sense. And you are limited with ammo, so you cannot really rely on fast reload. edit: animation may become bad though

A professional athlet should have much more stamina than an average person too, but here I agree, anything more than 10-20% is too OP.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

O ♥♥♥♥! Starvation SDX is out. What a perfect present for today. I'm stuck at home in a blizzard with a Gallon of Crown, and a nice bag of green. Time to play!

Still some load errors to work out in Starvation. You have time to get some work done on TS while they fix it..........

O ♥♥♥♥! Starvation SDX is out. What a perfect present for today. I'm stuck at home in a blizzard with a Gallon of Crown, and a nice bag of green. Time to play!

hehe its been out for a week or so. I only have couple wrapper errors but they dont make difference. otherwise It is working fine now :-)

P.S wrote this before had mod running right after new patch lol So edited after rerunning launcher patching. All works well now except those couple wrappers lol

Edited by Dragons Nest
edited after updated starvation (see edit history)

And spider still have blizzard? We got around 6-8 inches here... got lucky internet didnt go down "satalite internet". But got to play with starvation and true survival a little now :-) Now to just start getting UI added to this and starvation and will be a good day lol...... IF i can get it done lol

Also to add for mort... Yup starvation working well now. missing icons was my mistake lol they were not ingame items your supposed to get why wasnt haveing icon my bad lol

Anyone else having a hard time hunting food? I've noticed 2 problems. First is that I'll hit the target with an arrow it starts off running and then it just vanishes before my eyes. The other problem is that deer and pig either have 2 many hit points or are just plain immortal. I came across a really stupid pig that was stick in the corner of a fenced in area. I started stabbing the hell out of it with an iron spear, went from 100% to almost broken. Pig never died and as I was repairing the spear he vanished.

So this is interesting. I decided to take a look at the entityclasses.xml for giggles and noticed that the "animalPig" entry doesn't have a weight or MaxHealth entry. Could that be why they seem to fall through the ground or why that one pig I mentioned just wouldn't die?