True Survival

Spider

I'm really enjoying the mod so far but I am having one issue. Whenever I go to search for a recipe by name in my crafting list, the game will freeze for 2-3 seconds. Anyone else experiencing this and is there anything I can do aside from upgrading my computer to alleviate it.

I'm really enjoying the mod so far but I am having one issue. Whenever I go to search for a recipe by name in my crafting list, the game will freeze for 2-3 seconds. Anyone else experiencing this and is there anything I can do aside from upgrading my computer to alleviate it.

recipe search code is not very optimal from tfp, made worse when they decided to allow all recipes to be seen from any workstation. Nothing can be done to fix it outside of editing the dll

you can mark the recipes you use as 'favourite' and set the inventory to show you only 'favourite' recipes. No lag this way, but you have to do it each time you log in, and in each crafting station.

Ok got the professions coded in. Just need to do the percentages for the stat increases. These will be bonuses for the Profession. So if you have a bonus stat of +10% Run Speed then your players new run speed is 110% everyone else and if you break your leg and your friend breaks his leg you will still be 10% faster than him. Here is the Profession and Stats that need setting-

Cop – Dismemberment Chance—Dismemberment Bonus—Reload Speed

Soldier-- Dismemberment Chance—Dismemberment Bonus—Reload Speed

Fitness Instructor--Max Stamina-- Stamina Degradation-- Max Speed--Hold Breath Duration--Walk Speed--Run Speed

Fireman--Block Damage-- Max Stamina

Construction Worker--Block Damage

Carpenter--crafting time-- Harvest Count

Electrician--Harvest Count-- crafting time-- Repair Quality Loss

Metal Worker --Block Damage

Burglar---loot time—noise-- crouch speed-- treasure radius

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Was reading this thread and I have to say I am excited to give this mod a try. Couple of questions I have though. Is there a UI included with this mod or is there one that is compatible? I like the one I believe it SMX because it provides a lot of good info on the main screen. Also I it seams that this mod is geared a lot towards multiplayer. I don't have the time to commit to multi player so just wanting to hear some opinions on if it is single player friendly.

Thanks and by the way the mod sounds awesome.

Naterz

Was reading this thread and I have to say I am excited to give this mod a try. Couple of questions I have though. Is there a UI included with this mod or is there one that is compatible? I like the one I believe it SMX because it provides a lot of good info on the main screen. Also I it seams that this mod is geared a lot towards multiplayer. I don't have the time to commit to multi player so just wanting to hear some opinions on if it is single player friendly.

Thanks and by the way the mod sounds awesome.

Naterz

I mostly play solo, or with 1 Friend, this mod can be play well, BUT it will be very slow to level, and you will die alot lol, always easier in a group.

THis mod comes with SMX

The difficulty in this mod is steep, but its a different kind of difficulty. The zombies are the same as in any mod really, this mods dificulty comes in the form of crafting and professions. The perfect easy example, you must make rope to craft a stone axe, out of plant fibers, also usual stone, and sticks. I love the detail in this mod!

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)

@naterz98-

Funny you should say that. It comes with SMX UI Mod. It plays well on a MP Server but also in small groups. SP is doable but its more like your the last man alive on earth so its not the easiest thing but a lot of players play this mod that way and play only one life and they like it. So to each their own. The next version will be more geared to Coop and SP but still be fine on MP. From my survey that appears to be what most TS players are playing.

@wolverine576-

Thanks for the words. One small correction. The current True Survival out for download right now does not have any SDX stuff. Thats what I'm working on now and will be with the next release. Still few weeks off like 2-3 or 4 lol. The next release I'm trying to put a good spit shine on before I release it so do not anticipate a forced wipe anytime soon. Enjoy your game.

I mostly play solo, or with 1 Friend, this mod can be play well, BUT it will be very slow to level, and you will die alot lol, always easier in a group.

THis mod comes with SMX

The difficulty in this mod is steep, but its a different kind of difficulty. The zombies are the same as in any mod really, this mods dificulty comes in the form of crafting and professions. The perfect easy example, you must make rope to craft a stone axe, out of plant fibers, also usual stone, and sticks. I love the detail in this mod!

Oh, and the zoms are definitely not the same, so watch out! They randomly run during the day, the fat guys puke and blow up not just the cops, lots of different climbers, the ferals can climb as well, and there are a few new uma zoms, not to mention the running fire zoms that light on fire and have a speed burst.

How about this?

• Cop – Dismemberment Chance 25%—Entity Damage 5%—Reload Speed 10%
  • Soldier-- Dismemberment Chance 30%—Entity Damage 10%—Reload Speed 10%
  • Fitness Instructor--Max Stamina 10%-- Stamina Degradation 10%-- Max Speed 10%--Hold Breath Duration 50%
  • Fireman--Block Damage 20%-- Max Stamina 10%
  • Construction Worker--Block Damage 10%
  • Carpenter--crafting time 10%-- Harvest Count 100%(double)
  • Electrician--Harvest Count100%(double)-- crafting time10%-- Repair Quality Loss10%
  • Metal Worker --Block Damage10%
  • Burglar---loot time25%—noise25%-- crouch speed20%-- treasure radius 1(exact location shown)

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

What is harvest count? So if I chop a tree, do I get the double amount of wood (+100%)? Or wrench a car? Dig earth? This kind of harvest? Or harvest crops?

And if we decide to adjust those numbers later, will that break saves?

- - - Updated - - -

lol i mean when well next update be out?

He just told you, the next update (SDX one) no sooner than 2-3-4 weeks.

Harvest count 100% on the electrician seems really high. Maybe 50%? Also, If it applies to all wrenched items will an electrician get 2 engine drops from cars or just double the gas, scrap etc? At 100% I'd probably go with electrician every-time in a mod with scarce resources like yours. Oh, and when is the next version going to be released? :wink-new:

Wow, I really do like new professions you're making Spider! Once the new version is out I will struggle to choose a right profession for my character - they all seem so awesome!

However, cop and soldier profession bonuses seem a bit off to me. Maybe add some entity damage bonus for them? A bit more melee damage or head damage increase maybe?

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

@xyth-

Honestly I dont know, no skills or perks in vanilla have a bonus harvest count. But I assume it would be any destroy event that uses the Harvest action. So yes it might give two smallEngins. It will need some testing to balance but I believe any problems like that can be solved by having the engine drop last upon breaking the cars instead while damaging the car(harvesting). I'm also not sure how 50% would do. It might not increase anything if you harvest only 1 item from it. The idea for this is that a Carpenter and an Electrician would be more skilled at taking something apart and because of that would retrieve more usable parts than a normal player.

@RomRomRya-

Thanks. Thats my goal. I want players to want to be all of them. That's how you know its balanced. I will be making it easier(Spiders version of easier) to learn other Professions in the next build. As for the cop and soldier i could add entity damage (somehow i didn't see that in the list when i did this)maybe remove the dismemberment bonus. Lets say Cop 5% Soldier 10% Entity Damage?

I don't know if you've changed this since I tried the mod, but may I humbly make a recommendation for zombie chickens and zombie rabbits?

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Animals/Chicken/chickenpain" />
<property name="SoundAttack" value="Animals/Chicken/chickenpain" />
<property name="SoundAlert" value="Animals/Chicken/chickenpain" />
<property name="SoundSense" value="Animals/Chicken/chickenpain" />
<property name="SoundHurt" value="Animals/Chicken/chickenpain" />
<property name="SoundDeath" value="Animals/Chicken/chickendeath" />

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Animals/rabbitpain" />
<property name="SoundAttack" value="Animals/rabbitpain" />
<property name="SoundAlert" value="Animals/rabbitpain" />
<property name="SoundSense" value="Animals/rabbitpain" />
<property name="SoundHurt" value="Animals/rabbitpain" />
<property name="SoundDeath" value="Animals/rabbitdeath" />

I just find it unnerving to have chickens and rabbits make bear sounds when attacking. :D

I added zombie chickens and zombie rabbits to my game, and used the above.

@Spider-

Maybe you could go even further with cop and soldier and specialize their entity damage bonuses. Like if you start with a cop you get a +5% entity damage bonus to blunt weapons, pistols and shotguns? +10% blade weapons and rifles damage for soldier? In the same line with little profession skill bonuses you want those professions to get.

Somewhy I completely forgot you can learn other professions. If learning other professions will apply its bonuses to the character it can lead to a pretty overpowered character in the lategame. So I don't think you need to make learning other professions easier than it is right now.

If you got lucky and learned Carpenter and electrician you'll get a triple harvest count? It feels OP even thinking about it.

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

@the rogue tomato, I think Spider gonna change z-chicken and rabbit's sounds with SDX, but I personally gonna miss them ;) So much adrenaline!

@RomRomRya, but only the most dedicated players get into the end game, and we gonna have many more professions now. I personally have never unlocked a second profession.

edit: and what good is having triple harvest (if it is even possible) in the end game when you already have everything?

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

and what good is having triple harvest (if it is even possible) in the end game when you already have everything?

Well, I never seemed to have enough feathers. Guess I need to raise chickens next play through.