True Survival

Spider

I'm playing the outdated version, but reporting anyway:

- seed nursery recipe wants 'fertile dirt' (absent in A15), should be 'dirt fragments'.

- some farmable plants return 1 fruit (and 1 seed), on unfertilized ground, making it impossible to multiply them.

- candles (taken from prefabs) keep burning, were not they supposed to melt down after 30 sec?

- I don't get dogs on Fridays, maybe intended.

@ Jolly

The Combo Pack is already included. Just curious, what type of changes to the headshot, mag size and melee range? If they are good changes I might include include them in the mod.

I increase magazine sizes on most guns - shotties to 16, hunting rifle to 3, sniper to 25 !!, ak and mp to 50. I havent done it yet - i broke something so installed vanilla JZ and am working my way through my changes. I tend to increase the headshot bonuses on most weopons but especially melee and i also increase range on melee weapons usually closer to 3 than 2 which it usually is. I also up the odds on dismemberment especially for knives and axes although i have noticed your mod has a better gradation for base axe damage than say VAlmod which doesnt have enough difference between iron and steel axes in my view. I add some buffs for example for the blunderbuss I add stunned. This makes it really fun to play with lots of lopping of zombie heads and i have zombies set to hard with alot of them. ( I'm having to tweak this already though for JZ ) I also like to reduce range of dogs and bears and hornets which are usually set to silly values so that they no longer bite you from 50 feet away ! I also increase various stack sizes and the number of feathers you find in nests. I will eventually change some food items to dehydrate less or hydrate more. I'm likely to put bikes back in at some point if it isn't too hard. I like to change some armour and clothing - like increase radiation and fire protection on hazmat items or increase pierce protection on iron armour for example. Anyway i did most of that in Valmod and have made a start in JZ on my server.

Some issues i have noticed so far:

on Exit we get a null error and console opening and have to use task manager to exit 7dtd

cant seem to gather the A15 yucca plants or corn stalks - if you hit them nothing goes in your inventory. Cant USE them either.

Some issues i have noticed so far:

on Exit we get a null error and console opening and have to use task manager to exit 7dtd

cant seem to gather the A15 yucca plants or corn stalks - if you hit them nothing goes in your inventory. Cant USE them either.

Yea, the null error is known. The plants should work fine, they do on my server. Have you altered or added any files?

@ Jolly-

I see. Cool changes but kinda go against the grain of the mod so I cant add them to it. The error on log out is from the UI Mod SMX its a known issue and doesn't hurt anything. To close the game go to windows and force it closed.

@unlike Them

Got them thanks

Candles only melt when placed as a block. They do not melt in your hand(kinda like M&M's)

lol Dogs on Fridays? lol

Do we want any of the new zombies players are making if so post a name and link to the Z you want added?

- Yes, candles on the walls. I find them in the prefabs, they are OFF. Put them on the walls in my base and they are always ON.

- Dogs on Fridays, in vanilla we have a dog horde on 5th day (except the first day 5), here I didn't have them. Not that I miss them, but still wanted to know if you removed them or what.

- I've never seen any new zombie, so idk. I've seen the fast-walking-deadly-hitting machete guy in Valmod, but didn't really like it.

@ unlike them-

OK I'll check on the candles

We still have Dog Hordes but they are Wandering Hordes so its more of a random incounter. Still have Infected Rabbit Hordes, Hornet Swarms, Zombie Bear and Chicken Horde. They are all random wandering hordes.

Fresh Download ready with fixes and new icons.

Could you show how to put bikes back in ? I've been trying to do that but it aint happening for me.

Also while messin around with it the null error on closing went away - the only files i have been messin with have been loot and blocks. I've added in the Bikeinabox entries and put back the minibile book into tier1 books.

Edited by Jolly (see edit history)

Would like to know what you guys think about survivor/bandit/follower npcs. Would you like to see any or all of these on the server or in the mod?

Me and spider were throwin around some ideas, any input would be welcome. And would you like to see any of the new zombies people like stompy and guppy are makin in the server or mod?

- I don't have any opinion about new zombies/bandits, as long as they don't change the difficulty drastically (not making the game way harder or giving OP loot). I'm ready to play and see, but I'm not expecting much.

- Followers, on the other hand, can be a big game changer, and not nessesarily in a good way. But I've haven't tried them yet, so IDK.

*cough* minibike *cough*

Just did a pass on melee weapon range. Man some of vanilla dont make no since. Most melee range went up slightly. I made them make since now so knifes have shorter range than hands clubs longer than hands and swords, spears and sledge have the longest.

Yes for minibikes

Btw, I've been playing for a few hours with some mates, but I cant figure out how I can get sinew for the fishing line. AAny tips for that?

Thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't worry about it fishing is not in yet. Waiting for SDX to be released so I can add it. Sinew comes from animals. You will need a hunting Knife or Field Knife to harvest it from them.

Deposting for cross_exonar-

A few notes about true survival, Verification puzzles failing on the thread.

Hello spider, I would like to start off by first saying, Thank you, This mod made me re-appreciate 7 days to die, by not only making it more fun, but also by adding utilities to things that otherwise went un-used. (Pistols actually have a use due to suppressors now )

The darned anti spammer verification thing isn't working, else I'd post this on the forum instead of bothering you, Sorry!

With that out of the way however, I would like to point out the bugs and issues I've run acrossed thusfar after playing and updating for the past week with your mod.

Firstly, Iron armor does not seem craft able, Its only doable on the "Wooden workbench" And requires an anvil, which anvils are only available on the armor bench, Not sure if this was due to me installing incorrectly, but Eh things happen.

Secondly through the blast furnace, you cant seem to actually add the coal to make steel, it just deletes it.

Thirdly, The bullet presses are no longer movable once placed, I can see this from a balancing perspective since its the only workbench with item combination, But it is a little silly otherwise, Likewise ammo boxes cannot be removed once cracked open, and are there forever after, Likely you chose these for balancing purposes, but I'm pointing it out just in case its not intended behavior (Both of which can be solved by digging out the block below them and causing them to fall)

Fourth, Its not actually possible to craft the metal working bench, as to get it, it requires items made ON the steel work bench, And i highly doubt I am going to find a steam generator in the local loot table (I may be wrong!)

Fifth, And this is very minor, Steel helmet eats your face, leaving you nothing but a pair of eyeballs, This ones not actually a bug, It is however silly and makes me not want to take advantage of the heavier protection (I didnt use steel armor in valmod because it was the ugly scrap armor)

Sixth, Likely intentional behavior, But who knows. Fast eddie and quality joe do not seem to affect A lot of containers, Shotgun messiah and bank safes being some of them.

All in all, wonderful mod, I really enjoy it, Love the concept, and love the progression system, It gives lots to work for, somthing similar mods just couldnt do.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)