Spider

Update 12/13/2016-

Added Springs to Leather Couch Disassemble

Increased XP for items that give Medicine skill

Added Flour to Stew recipes

Fixed Wheat growth stages

Added Denim Shorts recipe on the Armor Table

Fixed Followers that would shoot at player and not move

Player can now craft Animal Guts with 2 Raw Meats and 2 Brain Matter.

Animal Guts can be applied to Followers and makes them have an Extra Large Smell. Can be used as a distraction.

Changed Hunting Knifes recipe to be made in a Forge

Changed Car Alarm to chime faster

Going to upgrade to the new version, but with the previous one I've noticed that all the lights in the pre-fabs are off and basically floating on their sides in mid-air. Just did a verify of the game files and will install the new version and report back. As for the puking fatties, I thought they were the same as the cops with their incredibly deadly vomit! Glad I was wrong and so won't be making a change to them.

Got a bunch of Followers with close to none aiming skill. But they do their best i guess. One of them had a crossbow but no arrows. He just went down without even firing one.

2nd little bug is that u cant close the game. When leaving console pops up with a nullreferenceexcepton. Must close hard (runniing on linux)

Edited by TOR (see edit history)

Update 12/14/2016-

Increased harvest speed on toilets

Changed Lucille’s recipe

Added new Perk for working lights

Added new perk for Chemistry Station

Changed Chemistry stations recipe

Moved all safes to the metal work bench

Added perk for Garage door

Added perk for Drawl Bridge

Added Arrow Slit blocks to appropriate perks and skill books

Fixed labeled storage boxes

Increased stack size of cigarettes

Changed Coddle stone frames to increase Wood Working Skill and unlock at Wood Working lv 20

Changed Asphalt to require lv50 Stone Working

Increased Max alive Zombies on all stages from 8 to 10

Fixed Workstations names. You can still see them all if you search “work”

Moved Mining Helmet crafting to Metal Working Bench

Question?

How many people pay True Survival at a time in your games?

Reason for asking is I can increase the amount of zombies on screen at one time during the game stages at night. Vanilla is only 8 zombies spawned at every players base at one time at night. I have increased it to 10. I can crank this up some more and each base will have a nice little fight instead of a drip of zombies but if there are 10 players at 10 bases and i have it set to 15 alive at one time that's 150 zombies and a server crash. But if True Survival players have no more than say 5 different bases active at night i can raise it to 15 no problem. If its normally 3 I can raise it more. If its just your group playing togather I can make it very interesting :) (think the horde on TWD that walked into Alexandria) So let me know how many separate groups of players normally play the Mod with you during the night time.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Question?

How many people pay True Survival at a time in your games?

Reason for asking is I can increase the amount of zombies on screen at one time during the game stages at night. Vanilla is only 8 zombies spawned at every players base at one time at night. I have increased it to 10. I can crank this up some more and each base will have a nice little fight instead of a drip of zombies but if there are 10 players at 10 bases and i have it set to 15 alive at one time that's 150 zombies and a server crash. But if True Survival players have no more than say 5 different bases active at night i can raise it to 15 no problem. If its normally 3 I can raise it more. If its just your group playing togather I can make it very interesting :) (think the horde on TWD that walked into Alexandria) So let me know how many separate groups of players normally play the Mod with you during the night time.

Most i have ever seen on is 4 players. Usually 1-2 players besides myself. I'm not against upping the amount but i think the amount is already pretty good. In the beginning i've been forced to retreat from close combat several times when there have been too many zombies, which is good.

Edit: i am talking about the official server that is

Edited by EsTygo (see edit history)

When I play, I play with two mates. However, sometimes some 'lagg' occures when rendering new terrain/more zombies. I am running MP on my own PC (i7 4790K stock, 16GB DDR3) and increasing will make this worse for me I think.

I did some research and hosting a server at a proper hostingcompany, isn't that expensive. It seems normal for me that those servers won't lagg as much as when I host it myself, so when we start hosting, it would be awesome.

However, when wandering alone and you want to loot something, but a pack of zombies are following you, you wouldn't want even more. That's in our case though, since we yet at day 13. With proper weapons, more zombies would be the same challenge as the current amount with bows and melee weapons imo

Is the mod intended to be compatible with "always run" setting? I am assuming it makes all zombies switch to night time speed?

I noticed that all the lumberjacks run faster than a running player when playing with "always run". This makes it impossible to survive if you spawn in the snow biome. I had a look in entityclasses and noticed that the snow zombies don't have a set night time speed, so i am assuming they all run at the default speed which is very high.

I think the speed of the zombies matters alot, since there is a big difference between just barely being able to escape, or having no chance to run. Also late game if you want to fight a horde in the night, and the zombies are significantly faster than you, there are several situations where you can not avoid death even if you have prepared carefully. I think facing the running zombies instead of hiding away would be more rewarding with the fastest zombies set to slightly slower speeds. (If you only face a few zombies you can slow them down by shooting but with a big horde this won't work). I'm not sure about the right value but i have a feeling that speeds over 1.3-1.4 or so will gain on you quickly. Thoughts on this?

large bed is supposed to give 2hp/5s but won't as you set the duration of the buff=10s. because it reapply itself when you stand on top of the bed, you won't get the second tic of health. Can be solved by adding a tiny amount of time (10.1).

Edit : On a side note, I miss the recipe and the icon for the field knife.

Edited by Oragepoilu (see edit history)

@Oragepoilu-

Thanks fixed them. Field knife Icon is in ill get the recipe in today also

I'm going to be revisiting block upgrade/downgrade paths. Right now we have 2 different paths one starts with Log Cabin and one starts with Cobblestone. I want to add in the normal Concrete Block to the Cobblestone path but while I'm at it i thought we would just take a look at the whole thing.

So if you have any suggestions on upgrade paths or new blocks to put into the paths now is the time to share. Remember we have two different paths and also remember unlike vanilla that our paths work both ways upgrading and breaking down. Ill throw out a suggestion

Sod>Cobblestone>Flagstone>Bricks>Concrete>Reinforced Concrete>Steel>Eng Steel= 8 stages

Log Cabin>Wood(3stages)>Scrap Iron(3stages)>Steel>Eng Steel=9 stages

I want to add in the normal Concrete Block to the Cobblestone path

But isn't it there already? I'm upgrading my cobblestones with clay to adobe and then with concrete mix to concrete.

Currently I'm desperate to find a bricks book (found 3 flagstone books already), so I hope this new stone path will come in the very next update :).

I'm not sure if anyone gonna use SOD though. To unlock 'cobblestones' you need woodworking 75, so by the time you gonna start your stone base you are kinda advanced not to use SOD.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

Update 12/16/2016-

Fixed full size block upgrade and downgrade paths(Keep what you make). They are

Cobblestone>Brick>Concrete>Reinforced Concrete>Steel>Stainless Steel

&

Log Cabin>Wood (3 stages)>Scrap Iron (3 stages)>Steel>Stainless Steel

Increased dismantle speed on Vending Machines, Cash Registers and Toilets

Fixed the player crafted Secure Wooden Chest to have the proper inventory spaces (will have to recraft)

Adjusted Spears properties

Increased Planks stack limit to 5000

Changed Wood Log Spikes to give Wood Working XP

Increased the stamina gain on smoking slightly

Fixed Cozy Bed Buff

Fixed Stew and Boiled Meat to return Jar

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Just wanted to drop and give you kudos for

1) Keeping this excellent mod up to date and compatible with each alpha release

2) Continuing to tune and tweak the mod to improve the survival experience.

Is there no way to detect how many players are in game and adjust the zombie cap per player accordingly? I really wish that were part of the vanilla game, TBH.

I wonder about some choice that have been made for this mod.

Specifically, the bonus vs head.

I can understand the will to have zombie take a lot of dmg from a hit in their head. Fine by me, make sense.

However the way it's done annoy me a bit.

First, because you use a buff system, the player isn't rewarded with experience correctly (as it's the buff that kill the zombie, not the player and the game doesn't track who placed the buff).

Second, because the damage come from a buff the quality of the weapon doesn't matter nor the skill of the user.

Third, you could very well have simply used the basic bonus vs head the game already use but went with this instead.

Fourth, you apply the dmg per second for 2s and it add up - same problem as the bed, and it's slow to kill zombie as it take time to apply the damage (but i know that having a buff apply in less than a second give problem).

So, I'd like to know if it was your intention to remove completely the perk, skill and experience system from combat or maybe you just didn't though about it - or maybe there is something you don't like about adjusting the bonus dmg vs head per weapon ?

Edited by Oragepoilu (see edit history)

@BloodDeacon-

Thanks. No I can only control how many spawn per player group.

@Oragepoilu-

Well I used the bonus head damage for 2 years as the method for the Zombies Head Shots only. But that way destroys any chance at any PVP. With that system a player can walk up to any player and hit them once with a level 1 bone shiv and one shot them no matter their health. I have not noticed not getting credit for zombie kills. My kill counter goes up every time I kill one. Also quality still comes into play for melee, a good quality weapon will take one or two less hits than a low quality melee weapon. The buff is working properly, it only ticks once just like I want. And I really like the half of second delay on the Zombies death it gives them a bit more time for their death animation so they stumble around as they are dieing. I like it, looks more real to me. I don't understand how I have removed the Prek/Skill system from combat please explain.

Thought-

What do ya'll think about removing the Weapon Crafting Skill and putting all the weapons in their material group. So Bows and Wooden Club would be Wood Working, Iron Club and Spears would be Iron Working and so on. I think this might make more sense and help with leveling through the material stages(Wood>Stone>Iron>Steel)

Ya the more I think of it the more this sounds like a good idea. Once the player gets guns their weapon crafting skill is pretty useless so unless someone can think of a good reason not to do it I'll make this change when SDX is out and save games will need to be broken anyways.

(don't panic this is not happening now your save is safe)

As you can kill in one shot in normal difficulty with any level, it remove (for PvE) the need to have anything better (better skill, or perk, or quality). That's what i mean by remove the whole perk/level up system, beside maybe durability (meh).

You do get credit for the kill maybe, but as far as I know you won't get the xp bonus from it (both experience for finishing n action and the bonus on kill added rather recently). At last I didn't noticed any xp increase from killing - maybe you just remove it from somewhere else.

I get the point for pvp, it solve this yeah. It's a fair point and make sense so this alone make the system of buff relevant.

However the buff can stack - if you attack quickly, you get 3 tic of dmg (instead of 2). I play on insane, I need 3 hit in the head for some zombie, but only 2 if I hit quickly.

The change sound good when I read it, but I'm not playing this much (just looking a bit around for now) so I can't talk much about it.

@Oragepoilu

"As you can kill in one shot in normal difficulty with any level, it remove (for PvE) the need to have anything better (better skill, or perk, or quality). That's what i mean by remove the whole perk/level up system, beside maybe durability (meh)."

That's not true. The slandered Zombie in my Mod has 1000hp some have 15K-20K hp. The Blunt Weapon damage buff for a zombie head shot does -200hp. So that's at lest 5 hits with out taking into account the damage of the weapon. With a high quality melee weapon this can be gotten down to about 2 or 3 hits, less if it crits. So I still don't understand how this is removing Skill/Perks. If you were to purchase Knife or Blunt weapon damage perks I'm sure you could be one shotting Zombies.

And far as the stacking of those Zombie Head Shot buffs what other choice is there? If I make them discard a player hitting a zombie in the head frantically might not get any bonus damage and might be killed by the zombie when the Zombie should have died. Id rather give the player hitting a zombie 3 times an extra tick then denie the struggling player trying to fight for his life the needed bonus damage to kill a Zombie.

"The change sound good when I read it, but I'm not playing this much (just looking a bit around for now) so I can't talk much about it."

So you don't even play the Mod?

I have to agree to Oragepoilu to some extent. But my experience is rather limited - I mostly fight with a spear and hardly fight any special zombie. And I don't notice much progress (if any) with my damage to zombies. It used to take 2-3 hits to the head with a gray spear when I was 1 level, and it takes the same 2-3 hits now, when I'm lvl 40 and have a blue spear. I've put 2 points both in the Knife Guy and Decapitator, but yet to see any decapitations or limb removal.

On the other hand - this mod is the first time when I prefer melee fight, never before I relied on melee in any mod or vanilla. You Spider made this mod so much harder in every way, but somehow fighting zeds (at least fighting normal zeds with a spear) is easier.

And yet don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game. Maybe we are missing something, a sense of progression, a need for stronger weapons, a need for firearms. But I'm not really a fighter, but rather a builder, so not a concern for me. And I'm still scared of Brute or Feral Walker and don't even approach bandits, so lets see...

I have a friend that actually play it and i'm chatting with it. He talk about some stuff, and as I know a bit about modding and i'v already played this in the past I'm reporting some info. If it's a problem, feel free to just ignore my post. This mod make everything extremely long especially early, so I can't tell much yet (i'm not even make cobble stuff)

Was testing using the iron spear early - I was based on it in my other post. About 400hp, in insane, it's just two hit in the head and even after a lot of level up it doesn't change anything : two hit anyway. It's rather slow to level the weapon as it's more relevant to spend time upgrade other thing. If the weapon is crated using other skill as you talked about, it would change this too and might give more sense of progression. otherwise, the player would change his weapon before he would (if it's possible) stop two hit zombie.

Club aren't relevant as the spear if by far more superior to them in all point of view. Range, damage (because of the buff), you have everything you would want from a weapon at lv1.