True Survival

Spider

@cross_exonar-

Thanks for the detailed report

1 - fixed

2- working on it

3-Bullet Press can not be moved and those Munition Crates are meant to be that way. After you break into them and loot them they become immune to damage for a given time then they re spawn locked with loot in them again. Its so every player that gets that loot(highest tier loot container) has to have steel to open them.

4-Fixed

5-Think i fixed it let me know

6- They work as far as i know those loot containers just have longer timers

Fixes will be in later tonight

Update 12/4/2016

Adjusted Melee Ranges –

• Spear 3.5
  • Sledge, sword 3.2
  • Clubs, Tools Pickaxe, Fire axe 3
  • Shovels, hoe, Machete 2.8
  • Stone/taza axe 2.7
  • Hand, Flashlight, Bone 2.5
  • Bone shiv, Hunting Knife, wrench 2.2
  • Claw hammer 2.1

Added Mini Bike back in

Added Bike in a box back in

Added Icons to Skill/Perk Screen

Finished descriptions in Skill/Perk screen

Adjusted animal spawns

Removed POI’s with too much loot

Removed huge out of place POI’s

Removed Crossroad Hub that is always underwater

Fixed Iron Armor Crafting

Made Turbines and Stem Generators craftable in player backpack

*Known bug- Blast Furness will not smelt coal. Haven’t been able to figure out why.

You can fix that client side by pasting into the icontest folder the missing icons from the last version of the MOD.

Dont do that just delete your Mod Folder and re download it

I wonder what "JZ" in the mod's name stand for?

My initials.

<!--JZMOD--> Is how i comment my code and when I first put the mod out people would read the code and just started calling it JZ Mod. So i just went with it. :)

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

! Cheers! I am happy to report that the True Survival Steam group now has 300 Members. Proving once and for all that not all gamer are pansies and that a select few can rise to a challenge. Thanks to everyone for their support over the last 2 years. It’s been great to have everyone’s input on trying to craft the perfect 7D2D experience.

True Survival Steam Group- All Players Welcome-

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer

Some minor things:

- Bottled Water and Bottled Murky Water when in hand and left clicking are 'dumped on my head', but when you click 'USE' in the inventory, they are being 'drunk' and not 'dumped'. Boiled Water and Can of Murky Water cannot be dumped at all.

- Bone Shiv durability is nerfed into oblivion, no one gonna use it for fighting and absolutely useless to harvest animals. To harvest a pig I had to use 9 shivs (gray quality). Was the nerf really needed? The previous version of the shiv didn't seem OP to me.

- You added smell into description of Animal Fat and Brain Matter, but I really meant the properties: Bag smell range, Bag smell strength, Belt smell ect. with numbers, like all other meat. Not a priority at all, but kinda streamlining.

- I also think Kabobs and Stirfries need to smell.

- If I remember correctly one day you said you increased the yield of wild corn, but I still harvest only 1 corn from each plant (in the wild). IDK if intended.

- Just wanna ask you again to make Fat Zombie's puke to not damage terrain.

- Some items in inventory or in recipes still have no icons (planks, purification tablets, First Aid Kit...). I did reinstall the mod.

Update 12/6/2016

Icon Fixes

Fixed Farming

All (but apple and corn) farmable plants yield 1 food item and 1 food item will produce 2 seeds (Fertilizer will increase plant production)

Apples Trees produce 1-6 apples and 1 seed per apple and Corn Stalks produces 3 Corn and 1 seed per Corn (Fertilizer will increase plant production)

Fixed Carrots would not grow

We will be keeping the traders. But money has no value in True Survival. The only thing of value in True Survival is something that will keep you alive. Bullets! Or Bullet Casings to be exact. I chose this because no player starts with the recipe and no player can craft it in their back pack. And it is the most complex part of modern ammunitions. So pick up your casings.

Did a pass on Trader items and removed somethings. I will get into this more soon and start setting prices. Suggestions welcome

Fresh Download Ready. Main Post Has Link

Suggestions..?

I cannot find a good solution. Right now I'd be happy to get any food, some forged iron, iron tools, fertilizer, some basic books. But when in Mid Game stage, would that interest me? Maybe currency is not a bad idea after all.

About apple trees as loot containers.. Do the apples respawn there if the player is around?

Some minor things:

There is still some kind of bug that makes using consumables in you inventory screen not apply buffs. I'm guessing this is the same bug in A14 that made drink used in inventory screen not give hydration. Solution= use consumables in hand for guaranteed benefits

I nerfed the durability of starting Bone Shivs so they could not be used for long. They do a lot more damage than blunt melee and seemed OP to me because how many times you could use a level 1 Bone Shiv. To much?

O...Got to spell it out for you huh. Ok Ill check out the format on the other smelly items and fix it

You are exactly right and i am ashamed I mIssed that :)

Corn fixed in new Farming update

I did this. Are you sure its not their exploding bodies doing it? their spit shouldn't do much damage to players or structures its the explosion on them that will mess your base up

Most Icons should be fixed. A know the variation on the AK47 need icons. Please let me know if you see any others

Suggestions..?

I might be able to make the loot in air drops change depending on your level. Ill look into it

No I dont think so. You would have to leave the chunk when its loot timer is up so the loot would respawn.

Update 12/7/2016-

Added smells to new food items that contain meat

Updated mod to 15.1

Added StompyNZ’s Bandits from Bad Company Mod

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52099-Bad-Company

They are not in game yet but if you wanted to play with them you can spawn them in debug mod with F6 and pick from the list. So far I have set their loot up and made them able to hold their own against True Survival Zombies and still not one shot players.

Update 12/7/2016-

Added Val’s Unlabeled Can to loot table. It has a chance to give food, hydration or food poisoning

Changed Wilderness Poi paths to be asphalt and increased their size by 2

Added Bad Company’s Bandits-

For now Bandits will spawn in 4 wildernesses POI’s. They are armed with guns and will shoot on sight. If you approach a wilderness POI in early game and someone cusses at you and starts shooting. Run away run away run away! You’ve been warned!

Added new Zombie the Brute. The Brute is a large mean zombie with more hp than a Feral. He has a Charge as a special move and wounds with every hit. He deals a ton of block damage and walks slow. He has a chance to spawn anywhere a Cop would spawn and he will be invited over on horde nights.

Will not break Save Game

For those of you who dont check out the posts on the steam group, there will be a new map in place this afternoon. Im giving any players on the server until then to put whatever they can in their backpack because im gonna save the player stats/items and reinsert them after wiping the map. So hopefully you read this and ill see you in the new world. If anyone wants to be wiped to start over again let me know by pm.

Update 12/8/2016-

Fixed Mini Bike Chasee Recipe

Fixed Stone Working Magazines

Added Zombie Baby!

Added new Charred Zombie I’ll let you learn his new move

Added 9 Walking Dead Followers from Bad Company. For now they have a chance to spawn anywhere. If you hit a Follower it will follow you for a short time about 30 seconds then stop. Followers will only attack zombies not Players or Bandit. Only doctors can heal Followers with their Pain Killer Shots.

Adjusted leveling speed some

Lowered XP per player level from 8000 to 5000

Lowered XP per skill level from 500 to 375

Changed Wood, Stone, Iron and Steel Working Skills to start at 120XP per level and increase by 2.2% per level

Will break save game!

I need feedback t balance all this stuff so please let me know what you think.

Thanks for the mod Spider! Having lots of fun with it, was looking for more challenge and this mod enriches all game areas.

After a couple of games dieing alot, I now managed to survive until after day 7 horde. I've noticed these issues:

-I bought the skill for Red Tea, however it still shows with grey icon in the camp fire. Golden rod did work.

-Bigger house with attic entrance in garage and a safe up there has a wonky wall lamp floating on the far wall of attic

-Getting leather is really tough, and the bunny trap skill is useless without some kind of working station to build it

-bread gives more fullness than the discription says, which is fair

-alot of recipes have a hammer icon, I guess that means they need a workbench, but it's unclear te me what type of workbench is needed, perhaps it could say which is needed? like campfire recipes say they need a pan, workbnch recipes could tell which workbench, or perhaps unique icons for each type.

@jaertof-

Thanks for the feed back

1- k ill get it

2- its a TFP thing but it will be fixed in A16

3-hmmm maybe player crafted one?

4-Its strange when you eat something it gives more than it says but Ive tried to balance it with that in mind

5- if you look in you Skill/Perk Screen when you click on a perk or skill to the right you have a description. In that description it will say what work station an item is made on. If it does not then its made on the player

The Charred zombies seem to give me problems. I am playing with three guys, while I host. Whenever someone walks into a burned forest, I get constant errors of NulReferences... Any ideas how to fix this? We all fresh installed your mod 3 times by now.

Bandits add new fear and dimension so I am glad you added them :)