True Survival

Spider

Update 9/29/2016-

We have a new flower/herb the Forrest Flower. What should we name it? What should it be? What should it do? What should it be used for? Any thoughts?

Depends on if there are any 'gaps' in available flora resources. Are there categories(food, textile, medical, etc) that could be shored up to offer people more flexibility in play styles?

An example would be in the vanilla game, collecting aloe is the only way to make first aid bandages. That then requires trips to desert biomes and with no way regrow this resource(pre-A15), a basic item can becomes something far more difficult then it should be. The creation of something like the plantain or comfrey plant in the vanilla game could fill the same niche as the aloe for non-desert dwellers.

True Survival A15 is up for testing –

Spider's True Survival Hardcore PVP A15

Port: 29220

Password = hardcore

You must have Client Pack installed before you log in the first time. Get the Client Pack here -

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TrueSurvivalClientPackA15

Or find it on the Mod Launcher-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

A small feed back after playing for 3 ingame days:

- crafting menu lag, too many recipes. Do we need all those arrow recipes? I doubt anyone gonna use bones, scrap iron and scrap brass instead of sticks and stones. And why do we have two FirstAidKits?

- too many feathers or bird nests.

- Hunting skill doesn't progress, I've harvested two deers, but zero progress.

- Weapon skill too slow, after a hundred arrows and a number of clubs/bows I'm still lvl 1.

- No icons for tomato and animal bladder (when I was looking thru recipes).

- I tried the new food mixing feature and I like it. Feels rewarding.

- After some time I had a "fast travel" buff when I was off road and it didn't expire. It wasn't really a buff, I wasn't running faster, but the icon and description stayed. After I found a road again and left it the buff dissapeared. No idea what triggered it, but maybe a heat buff, because I noticed it when I was about 36 Celcius, but didn't have a heat buff, only this 'fast travel' buff.

- The black 'quest' smear stays on HUD when there is no quest active, I thought Sirillion said he had fixed it.

Can't wait to play tomorrow :)

- The black 'quest' smear stays on HUD when there is no quest active, I thought Sirillion said he had fixed it.

Edit windows.xml and search for SMXQuestTracker

Change the visible="{ShowQuest}" part to visible="{showquest}" and the smear goes away as intended.

Update 10/9/2016 –

Added Icon for Stir-fry

Adjusted Yucca Fruit drop/harvest from all Cactuses

Changed recipe ingredients to 6 instead of 7. Temp fixes for the offset of windows for now

Added SDX Icons that were missing

Fixed some clothing and the nail gun that was dropping to high a quality in loot.

Lowered Complete Nail gun drop rate

Removed the requirement for the Hunters Knife Perk. Using this knife to butcher animals will increase Hunting Skill

Lowered Feather drops

Fixed Skill Info Window size

Changed Grub recipe to require Dirt Fragments

Changed Soldiers Profession quest to require Dirt Fragments

Increased early crafting XP on items that give Weapon Crafting

Removed the Fast Travel Notification Buff. You still get the speed increase just not the buff icon showing, I think this buff was causing some lag when you opened the Player Gear Screen. (Temp Fix)

@ Unlike them-

Thanks for the feed back

- I use those arrows lol. They are very handy to use up scrap and bones early game to get some XP

-Done

-Fixed. You need to purchase the Hunting Knife to start getting Hunting Skill

-I did not have this problem. For the amount of fighting Ive done I think its leveling just right. I don't want you to be able to get more than 1 or 2 levels in something in one play session. The goal is to make it take a real life month at lest to get to max level not a week or 2 like vanilla. I would ask you to keep trying it and let me know. Remember one of the points of the mod is SLOW PROGRESSION.

-Thanks. I think because of how fast we seem to get thirsty I might increase all hydration by 5 or something. I think we get thirsty a little too fast in A15.

-No that's not what happens. I changed how it worked to get the timer off the screen and to stop it from flashing but i think it was causing lag in the Gear/Buff Screen so i have removed it for now. You still get the speed just not the icon for now.

-Fixed

Thanks as always

@ Sirillion-

Got it thanks

Some more:

- I became 'dirty', but couldn't remove it. I used cloth while standing in water ('bird bath'), but it didn't help. Tried again naked and complitely submerged ('cannot breath' buff), but failed again. The soap recipe needs Yukka something (not fruit), but I don't know where to get it from.

- Spear needs one iron, but scraps to 3 iron. And one iron seems too little anyway, doesn't it?

- I'm not sure, but it seems we don't have overheating buff anymore. But I didn't really try hard to overheat. The character makes gasping sounds, but nothing on HUD or character screen.

- Earthworm has no icon in inventory.

- I cannot quit the game normally, it is spamming red errors. I think Sirillion mentioned his HUD mod does it. No cure?

So no bad bugs so far (except washing - it's kinda gamebreaking). Any news on the SDX?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rumors of my death are false. I LIVE!!!! lol

Had some crap happen but I'm back now. Doesn't look like much has changed(unfortunately). Might get some time this weekend to find my back up files and see about packaging them up. Good to be back.

Is SDX updated anyone know?

Had some crap happen but I'm back now. Doesn't look like much has changed(unfortunately). Might get some time this weekend to find my back up files and see about packaging them up. Good to be back.

Rumours are SDX is very close. SDX Team has been working with a test version.

Best news I've heard today! Glad you're doing well bud.

BikeNAbox help

If I wanted to have BikeNAbox on my VALmod server how would I go about importing it ?

I've tried adding several lines in the loot xml file but i keep getting a conflict.

I've realised I haven't moved in the icon and I'm not sure what to do there.

This is what i have tried to add to loot.xml

I want it to appear in working stiffs.

lootgroup name="BikeNABox" count="all">

<item name="minibikeWheels" count="1"/>

<item name="carBattery" count="1"/>

<item name="minibikeChassis" count="1"/>

<item name="minibikeSeat" count="1"/>

<item name="padlock" count="1"/>

<item name="minibikeHandlebars" count="1"/>

<item name="shoppingBasketItem" count="1"/>

<item name="smallEngine" count="1"/>

<item name="gasCan" count="250"/>

</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="workingStiffs" count="1">

<item group="workingStiffsTools" prob="0.2"/>

<item group="workingStiffsResources" prob="0.2"/>

<item group="workingStiffsMisc" prob="0.2"/>

<item group="workingStiffsForge" prob="0.1"/>

<item group="rareTools" prob="0.1"/>

<item group="automotive" prob="0.1"/>

<item group="WorkingStiffBooks" prob="0.1"/>

<item name="BikeNABox" prob="0.2" />

</lootgroup>

<!-- Bike N A Box loot -->

<lootcontainer id="90" count="1" size="3,3" destroy_on_close="true" open_time="8" sound_open="UseActions/open_chest" sound_close="UseActions/close_chest" >

<item group="BikeNABox" count="1" />

</lootcontainer>

I've changed the looot container id to 290 to avoid conflict.

What am i missing ?

thx

@Jolly

That looks good to me. What "conflict" are you having? Is the wrong loot in the box? Does loot not spawn? Does the box not open?

You should have something like this in your block.xml

<block id="1925" name="BikeLoot">
       <property name="Class" value="Backpack" />
       <property name="Material" value="MdroppedBackpack" />
       <property name="Texture" value="423" />
       <property name="LootList" value="90" />
       <property name="CanPickup" value="false" />
       <drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
       <property name="CustomIcon" value="cntSuitcase" />
   </block>
   <block id="1926" name="BikeNABox">
       <property name="Material" value="glass" />
       <property name="Texture" value="423" />
       <property name="CanPickup" value="true" />
       <property name="DescriptionKey" value="BikeNABoxDesc"/>
       <property name="Group" value="Basics" />
       <drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
       <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="BikeLoot" />
   </block>

Thx i'll check that block stuff - the conflict is that when i start a trial seed the suitcase valmod gives you at the start wont open. When i replace the loot.xml with the original one the suitcase will open in a new seed so the chnages i have made to loot are either conflicting or incomplete or something.

Finally.... you are back!!!

I've been waiting to show this for you.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?54709-Tweak-Customable-Buff-Icon

Now, we can custom buff icons!

You can use this better way with these many epic buffs, can't you?

@Jolly

I would need to see the output log error to be able to tell what the problem is. If you did the block code right it sounds like the problem is in the loot file. Post the output log and your loot.xml file and I will take a look. Im thinking its a syntax error in the loot.xml file but would need to see those files to tell

@Alphado

Ya I had started messing with that before I left. It will definitely be useful. I always hated having 2 different buffs with the same icon.