True Survival

Spider

I downloaded the version about half an hour ago at most. I tried it and got lots of console errors in which there are missing prefab files. I looked on github and it says it had to truncate the 1,349 files to 1,000 because there were too many. I can't run the mod because of the missing files.

Edited by LionsDen (see edit history)

I downloaded the version about half an hour ago at most. I tried it and got lots of console errors in which there are missing prefab files. I looked on github and it says it had to truncate the 1,349 files to 1,000 because there were too many. I can't run the mod because of the missing files.

They are not missing, it just wont show them on the website.

If you download the zip from github they will all be in the zip

Edit:

Having said that, it does appear the repo is missing a bunch of prefab files, almost all the xvanilla files

You can probably just grab the latest compo pack and install that before installing true survival until spider can fix the repo

E2:

Just grabbed the compo pack from https://github.com/7days2mod/Compo and copied just the xvanilla prefabs into the folder and it removed any errors.

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

A few bugs to fix:

A bunch of recipes have a craft_area of assemble, should be assembly

4 recipes have craft_area workMetalWorkbench, should be workMetalWorkBench

Remote

HidenWood

HidenConcrete

HidenSteel

ZombieRabbit has PhysicsBody and PanicSpeed twice

challenge_imalumberjackandimokay has a kill requirement of snowZombie, should be snowzombie

challenge_Engineer5 requires CircuitBoard, item doesnt exist.

challenge_Bath requires buff: dirty and soapyBath, neither buff exists

Items with ActionSkillGroup that doesn't exist

huntingKnife - Hunting

FieldKnife - Hunting

gunRocketLauncher - Heavy Guns

pipeBomb - Heavy Guns

dynamite - Heavy Guns

handPlayer - Harvesting

hoeIron - Farming

wrench - Engineering

clawHammer - Engineering

nailgun - Engineering

Remote - Engineering

Items with CraftingSkillGroup that doesn't exist

partsChainsaw_blade - Egineering (typo in name if you add Engineering skill)

torch - Engineering

nailgun - Engineering

chainsaw - Engineering

auger - Engineering

gasCan - Engineering

pipeBomb - Engineering

dynamite - Engineering

hazmatBoots - Engineering

gasMask - Engineering

nightvisionGoggles - Engineering

splint - Engineering

bandage - Engineering

firstAidBandage - Engineering

vitamins - Engineering

painkillers - Engineering

herbalAntibiotics - Engineering

antibiotics - Engineering

foodYuccaJuice - Engineering

canBoiledWater - Engineering

bottledRiverWater - Engineering

bottledWater - Engineering

goldenRodTea - Engineering

redTea - Engineering

beer - Engineering

grainAlcohol - Engineering

militaryFiber - Engineering

gunPowder - Engineering

oil - Engineering

tallow - Engineering

bioFuel - Engineering

candle - Engineering

carBattery - Engineering

glue - Engineering

ductTape - Engineering

beaker - Engineering

calipers - Engineering

StoneDrill - Engineering

Remote - Engineering

Exhaust - Engineering

EngineBlock - Engineering

Engineering Weekly - Engineering

Engineering Monthly - Engineering

Science1 - Engineering

Science2 - Engineering

SuterKit - Engineering

SanitizingBandage - Engineering

RedHotSteelPipe - Engineering

RedHotPipe - Engineering

AntiVenom - Engineering

Stimulant - Engineering

SuperPill - Engineering

PainKillerShot - Engineering

StimulantShot - Engineering

InfectedShot - Engineering

SedativeShot - Engineering

PurificationTablets - Engineering

AntivirialMeds - Engineering

WellnessJuice - Engineering

AppleJuice - Engineering

CarrotJuice - Engineering

BlueBerryJuice - Engineering

RedBull - Engineering

GunOil - Engineering

MeltedRubber - Engineering

MixedChemicals - Engineering

IncendiaryPowder - Engineering

ScubaTankFull - Engineering

Wielder - Engineering

Soap - Engineering

FanBelt - Engineering

Turbine - Engineering

BladderFlaskEmpty - Engineering

Nitroglycerin - Engineering

Harvesting Weekly - Harvesting

Harvesting Monthly - Harvesting

Harvesting1 - Harvesting

Harvesting2 - Harvesting

Hunting Weekly - Hunting

Hunting Monthly - Hunting

Hunting1 - Hunting

Hunting2 - Hunting

sledgehammer - Iron Working

fireaxeIron - Iron Working

pickaxeIron - Iron Working

shovelIron - Iron Working

hoeIron - Iron Working

wrench - Iron Working

clawHammer - Iron Working

cookingGrill - Iron Working

anvil - Iron Working

toolAndDieSet - Iron Working

Iron Working Weekly - Iron Working

Iron Working Monthly - Iron Working

IronWorking1 - Iron Working

IronWorking2 - Iron Working

FryingPan - Iron Working

NutAndBolt - Iron Working

aloeCream - Medicine

firstAidKit - Medicine

bloodDrawKit - Medicine

Medicine Weekly - Medicine

Medicine Monthly - Medicine

Medicine1 - Medicine

Medicine2 - Medicine

Large1stAidKit - Medicine

Scavenging Weekly - Scavenging

Scavenging Monthly - Scavenging

Scavenging1 - Scavenging

Scavenging2 - Scavenging

fireaxeSteel - Steel Working

pickaxeSteel - Steel Working

shovelSteel - Steel Working

katanamichonne - Steel Working

Steel Working Weekly - Steel Working

Steel Working Monthly - Steel Working

SteelWorking1 - Steel Working

SteelWorking2 - Steel Working

shortSteelPipe - Steel Working

stoneAxe - Stone Working

tazasStoneaxe - Stone Working

stoneShovel - Stone Working

Stone Working Weekly - Stone Working

Stone Working Monthly - Stone Working

StoneWorking1 - Stone Working

StoneWorking2 - Stone Working

MortarAndPestle - Stone Working

Wood Working Weekly - Wood Working

Wood Working Monthly - Wood Working

ToolSmithing1 - Wood Working

ToolSmithing2 - Wood Working

rabbitTrap - Wood Working

stick - Wood Working

Plank - Wood Working

@LionsDen-

Sorry about that think my file was to big for Github so it cut some off. I removed all the vanilla prefabs so now its small enough. You will have to copy and paste all the prefabs to your Prefab Folder instead of the whole folder now.

@AzzaFortysix-

Ill get them thanks

@StompyNZ-

See now that's a bug report. All that's missing is the file name and line number for each bug. lol Thanks Stompy. Where are you getting this info? Those Action and Crafting Skills are in the Mod.

Hunting is leveled by harvesting animals with a Hunting Knife or Field Knife. Raising your Hunting Level will increase what you harvest from animals and unlock the Hunting Knife and Field Knife recipes that will harvest more and different items from animals.

Engineering is a combination of the old Science and Construction Tools. Its a both a crafting skill and a action skill. This helps with the problem of Science being really hard to level. Crafting Engineer items will raise your skill or using tools to disassemble, repair and upgrade blocks will also.

Also Wood/Stone/Iron/Steel Working are all crafting skills now too.

Thanks for the report ill get to them all tonight.

Fresh Version ready for download!!

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Sorry for asking before readed whole this thread, i just haven't found it in description in first post:

What about unrealistic block updates (updating wooden block to iron, steel, concrete and so on...), do your mod keep this, or remove it?

Thanks.

Update 11/30/2016

Added +5 hydration to all drinks

Added Duct Tape Book that teaches Duct Tape Recipe

Increased the speed of snow melting

Increased Wild Corn harvest amount to (1-3)

Added Wild Wheat to the Plains Biome where the corn spawns

Redid Engineer Profession Quest #2. Still needs description/name fixed

Added Recipes for Suters, Bone Meal, Nitroglycerin, Bow String, Fishing Line, Sharpening Stone, Lashing

Fixed a lot more recipes or updated the ingredients

Lowered Bone Shiv durability

Fixed some skill bugs

Added Magolis POI Combo Pack-

I have not sorted through them yet to take out the loot stuffed and huge/immersion breaking POI’s. If you see one that’s out of place, to secure or full of too much loot please either let me know the name of it of take some good screenshots of it and post them and I will remove it.

And more stuff that I don’t remember :)

Download link in main post always has the most current mod version out.

*******************************************************************************************

Also if anyone would be interested in hosting a Official True Survivor Server I would be interested in talking with you. I do not have the time to Admin one myself or I would do it. I can install, maintain and update the code on it for you if you would like but I don't have time to maintain a server community and the mod and have time to play (just not enough hours in the day). Just message me if you have question or are interested.

Yea, i miss the old server, so yea, i would be willing, 20 slots. Just wanna know if the files are complete, or gotta add the vanilla prefabs. And does the modlauncher support the full files still. Would be passcoded and what settings do you want? Is it geared to vanilla settings or need to be changed? Oh, and send me your steamid so i can add you as admin mr. spider.

i just haven't found it in description in first post:

What about unrealistic block updates (updating wooden block to iron, steel, concrete and so on...), do your mod keep this, or remove it?

First post:

"New Upgrade and Down Grading System

Now you keep what you put into upgrading. When you break down player upgraded block it will downgrade to what it was upgraded from. You can still skip stages by using Cobblestone Frames, Wood Frames, Scrap Iron Frames, Rebar Frames or Forged Frames (for Steel) but the block will stop at the frame stage when breaking down. Added Forged Frames for short cut to build Steel Walls. There are now two paths Dirt/Stone and Wood/Metal.

Dirt/Stone Path

Cobblestone->Concrete->Engineer Concrete (Steel)

Wood/Metal Path

Log Cabin->Wood Stages->Scrap Iron Stages->Steel ->Engineer Steel"

So yes, the mod lets you upgrade wood to metal and cobblestone to concrete.

@Darkstardragon

I'd love to play on a server, but I'll be honest. This mod requires much dedication and investment to play, because the progression is so much slower. Not a bad thing at all, but I find it very hard for me to start a game if I know the server is gonna be wiped in a week because there is an update. I can understand that Spider is waiting for SDX. All I can help is to give him my limited feedback on the gameplay. But I'm rather tired to run around with a stone axe and no hope of even starting my permanent base. So maybe I'll join a server when the mod is more or less complete. Can't wait!

@Darkstardragon

I'd love to play on a server, but I'll be honest. This mod requires much dedication and investment to play, because the progression is so much slower. Not a bad thing at all, but I find it very hard for me to start a game if I know the server is gonna be wiped in a week because there is an update. I can understand that Spider is waiting for SDX. All I can help is to give him my limited feedback on the gameplay. But I'm rather tired to run around with a stone axe and no hope of even starting my permanent base. So maybe I'll join a server when the mod is more or less complete. Can't wait!

Its there if you want it pardner lol. I just gotta check some things with spider but im testin it today see how it holds up server side. Hopefully not too many hiccups.

Well, its going well except that my nerves are frayed on day 1 trying to find somewhere safe with my stone axe and hay bales lol. 7DTD modlauncher seems to be working fine to launch it with eac enabled. Need spiders input for settings, etc. Any news and server passcode/name is on the steam group.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

Thanks goes out to Darkstardragon for hosting a server for the True Servival Community. Mod must be installed before first Login

Server Name:

The Official True Survival Server

IP: 216.155.140.76

Port: 2500

Password= welcometotheza

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@abater-

Hmmmm... The arrows aren't hitting anything? If you aim at a wall and shoot it does the arrow hit it?

Might just be the hit boxes on the Z's, sometimes mine look like they go through their heads. Try aiming at their mouths and not at the top of the heads.

I'll be switching my server over this weekend sometime. ( Currently on VALmod ) It is called World of Pain,

27.50.82.162:25500 hosted in Australia. I'll have a 250 ping kick on it eventually so that means players from West US should be ok but Europe not so much. This wont be a pure JZ server as i will make some changes to magazine sizes and headshot effectiveness as well as melee weapon range to name a few adjustments I like to make server side. I also have the latest Compo pack installed so there should be a full range of buildings to enjoy. I'll post again when its up and running JZ. If you connect now its still on VALmod....

Minibike, you removed it. Let's discuss? What are your reasons, Spider? I hope I can talk you into bringing it back. It's a big thing, it enriches the game, it's a game changer. All the things you wanna add with SDX will not compensate the minibike loss. If you think it's OP, you can gate it behind some late game stuff. Make the player work for it. As for now, I'm heartbroken :(

Minibike, you removed it. Let's discuss? What are your reasons, Spider? I hope I can talk you into bringing it back. It's a big thing, it enriches the game, it's a game changer. All the things you wanna add with SDX will not compensate the minibike loss. If you think it's OP, you can gate it behind some late game stuff. Make the player work for it. As for now, I'm heartbroken :(

Yea, i have to agree on this one spider. Even though theyre buggy pieces of @#$%, they still add an extra dimension to the game.

They crash servers, break save games, kill players for no reason, disappear without warning and lose inventory constantly. I was asked by many players and server owners to remove them because of those reasons and i agree. With the speed buff you get from roads and the fact that mini bike inventory can not be trusted I really see no point in them they just cause problems and take up admins time because of players complaining about them and asking to be refunded items lost. If TFP ever get around to making that feature actually work I would be happy to add it back in but as it is right now its more trouble than its worth.

They crash servers, break save games, kill players for no reason, disappear without warning and lose inventory constantly. I was asked by many players and server owners to remove them because of those reasons and i agree. With the speed buff you get from roads and the fact that mini bike inventory can not be trusted I really see no point in them they just cause problems and take up admins time because of players complaining about them and asking to be refunded items lost. If TFP ever get around to making that feature actually work I would be happy to add it back in but as it is right now its more trouble than its worth.

Fair enough, end of discussion for me.

Yea, i have to agree on this one spider. Even though theyre buggy pieces of @#$%, they still add an extra dimension to the game.

True that. Me and my mates just started with this amazing mod but no minibike? :(

Is it also possible to run this mod with Bad Company mod, for example?

it sure as hell is way harder to survive the first couple of days. We are running for our lives 50% of the time haha :acne:

They crash servers, break save games, kill players for no reason, disappear without warning and lose inventory constantly.

Indeed, fair enough. Hopefully TFP make it easier in A16 :)

Update 12/2/2016-

Added instructions on how to craft anti-venom to venom buff description

Lowered zombie head shot bonus on melee

Fixed errors in Engineers quest chain

Fixed all foods to use the healing food buff instead of instant health when eaten.

Improved drinks description to explain how to dump drink on your head

Lowered Rockets drop rate in loot

Fixed Brain Matter and Fat description to say they smell

Tweaked Wound Systems stats

Changed the Wound and the Bite Systems so that the sanitizing bandage does all, the healing bandage does small wound/wound/bite and the normal bandage does small wound/bite. Also Both First Aid Kits do all wounds.

Download link in main post always has the most current mod version out.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)