True Survival

Spider

That explain what happened to me yesterday.

I was hiding behind some haybale on top of a random rock for the night, but there was a huge amount of bark/growl right next to me xD

I should have tried to kill them ... a few leather is always welcome.

But yeah, something else as sound would be really nice.

Someone find me a angry chicken and bunny sound lol

@Sphereii

Thanks

True Survival Xtreme Mod

Report Bugs, Post suggestions or new ideas for the mod here-

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions/1/350540974014610582/

The True Survival Xtreme mod is only available to play on the test server now and can not be used for SP games. When it is done the whole mod will be released and the server mod will be released.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Updated-

Added some of the new skill tree

Changed skills gained from using or crafting items

Removed Rain Catcher Block

Added new Hunting Skill and new animal parts in loot

Removed Laser Sights and all Laser Sighted Weapons

Added Animal Bladder Flask with 6 uses of 100/hydration 50/stamina. You add 5 jars of water for each use of flask. Alt use pours portion of water on your head cooling you, putting out fires and rinsing off acid.

I have not done what each skill requires to purchase yet just getting everything in there so don't pay attention to requirements.

Hey spider.

Dunno what you will do with this information, but I noticed that (at last) the block 552 (tv) have both the possibility to be pickup AND have a harvest property. Basically, anyone can take a tv, place it, harvest it a bit - not destroying it (so they get some broken circuit board), and pickup again.

infinite circuit board, basically.

As far as I see, looking in the files, circuit board only come from TV and rare loot so it's quite a big exploit.

Usually you would want to avoid using both those property together on a block.

@Oragepoilu

It "should" break with one click of a wrench. It only has 25HP. That TV was left pick up able so people could take it back to their base as a decoration. You are right that normally you would not want those to properties on an item because of exploits but the way i do it is give those item like furniture and T.V's real low HP so they will break on one hit with a wrench. This lets it stay pickup able, destroy-able and harvest-able all with different outcomes. If the TV is not breaking in one hit then let me know you should not be able to partially harvest it then pick it up.

You can actually partially harvest it with low QL wrench. A grey one do the trick, I don't remember exactly how much it was (around 30-50) but I needed 2 hit to harvest the TV.

When you add stamina block dmg loss, the durability dmg block loss and the possibility to repair to downgrade the QL, it's rather easy to do it.

So, change :

<drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="1" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="BrokenCircuit" count="2" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="BrokenCircuit" count="3" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="CircuitBoard" count="3" prob="0.2" tool_category="Disassemble" />

into

<drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="1" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="BrokenCircuit" count="2" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="BrokenCircuit" count="3" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="CircuitBoard" count="3" prob="0.2" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapIron" count="1" prob="0" tool_category="Disassemble" />

harvest into destroy still allow you to have more drop when using a wrench, while the new line force the game to show the dissembling animation with the wrench so the player can see if using the wrench if useful or not with one hit.

Same outcome, minus the ability to abuse the drop.

Edited by Oragepoilu (see edit history)

New Food System

Drinks-

Can Murky Water

Can Boiled Water

Bottled River Water

Bottled Water

Goldenrod Tea

Red Tea

Apple Juice

Carrot Juice

Food Yucca Juice

Blueberry Juice

Wellness Juice

Coffee

Beer

Grain Alcohol

Veggies-

Tomatoes

Potatos

Corn

Carrot

Fruit-

Apple

Blueberry

Yucca Fruit

Meat-

rawMeat

Pork Belly

Venison Tenderloin

Bear Flank

Fish Fillet

Bass Meat

Salmon Meat

Other-

Mushrooms

Wheat

Egg

Can Food-

Can Beef

Can Chicken

Can Lamb

Can Cat food

Can Dog Food

Can Chili

Can Miso

Can Pasta

Can Peas

Can Pears

Can Fish

Can Soup

Can Stock

Can Tuna

Can Ham

Prepared Foods-

Baked-

Bread

Cornbread

Blueberry Pie

Baked Potato

Apple-pie

Carrot Cake

Corn on the Cob

Fried-

Bacon and Eggs

Fried Egg Omelet

Brain Schnitzel

Fish N Chips

11 Fruit Salads-

Blue+Yucca

Blue+Yucca+Apple

Yucca+Apple

Blue+Apple

Blue+Apple+Pear

Yucca+Apple+Pear

Blue+Yucca+Pear

Blue+Yucca+Pear+Apple

Blue+Pear

Yucca+Pear

Apple+Pear

11Veggie Salads-

Tomato+Potato

Tomato + Corn

Tomato + Carrot

Potato + Corn

Potato + Carrot

Corn + Carrot

Tomato + Potato + Corn

Tomato + Corn + Carrot

Potato + Corn + Carrot

Tomato +Corn + Carrot + Potato

4 Sandwiches

Charred Sandwich

Grilled Sandwich

Boiled Sandwich

Sham Sandwich

Kabobs-

Meat+Potato+Stick

Meat+Corn+Stick

Meat+Carrot+Stick

Meat+Tomato+Stick

Meat+Potato+Carrot+Stick

Meat+Potato+Corn+Stick

Meat+Corn+Carrot+Stick

Meat+Potato+Tomato+Stick

Meat+Corn+Tomato+Stick

Meat+Carrot+Tomato+Stick

Meat+Potato+Carrot+Tomato+Stick

Meat+Potato+Corn+Tomato+Stick

Meat+Corn+Carrot+Tomato+Stick

Meat+Corn+Carrot+Potato+Stick

11 Stir-fry Meals

Potato+Meat

Carrot+Meat

Corn+Meat

Potato+Meat+Carrot

Carrot+Meat+Corn

Corn+Meat+Potato

Corn+Meat+Potato+Carrot

Potato+Corn

Potato+Corn+Carrot

Corn+Carrot

Carrot+Potato

14 Glazed Meats

Honey+Meat

Honey+Meat+Blue

Honey+Meat+Yucca

Honey+Meat+Apple

Honey+Meat+Apple+Blue

Honey+Meat+Apple+Yucca

Honey+Meat+Blue+Yucca

Apple+Meat

Apple+Meat+Blue

Apple+Meat+Yucca

Apple+Meat+Yucca+Blue

Blue+Meat

Blue+Meat+Yucca

Blue+Meat+Yucca

Yucca+Meat

4 Stews-

Veggie Stew

Meat Stew

Bear Stew

Fish Chowder

Plan for new food system-

I have lowered all food drops in loot.

I have lowered drink drop in loot.

Removed Jalapeno

Removed Rabbit, Chicken, Venison, Pork, Bear meats. They are replaced with raw Meat

Added the SDX Tomato and plant

Lowered the chance to find prepared foods in loot

Added new food items Venison Tenderloin, Pork Belly and Bear Flank. You will need to raise your skill in hunting to have a better chance of harvesting these from animals.

Added Hunting Skill- Gain xp by harvesting from animals and as you level earn more from harvesting. Hunting unlocks better knifes to butcher the animals more efficiently.

Added new animal parts – Animal Bladder, Sinew, Hooves

Added Morte Farming-Plants need water to grow and will grow in the rain

The new recipe system allows the player to combine nearly any food items to make a meal.

The more items combined the better the stats on the finished meal. Ex: combining 2 different items will combine their stats and add +2. Combining 3 different items will combine all their stats and add +3. And combining 4 different food items will combine their total stats and add +4 to the finished meal.

Changed all drinks to not remove fire, acid and smelly buff when drank.

Added alternative use (other mouse button) to drinks. This will pour the drink item on the player removing fire, acid and smelly buffs but will not give the stats like when drunk. This action can also be used when not thirsty

Honey will no longer remove bio infection when drank instead I added alternative use for Honey that rubs it on your cuts to remove the bio infection. This does not give the stats like when drunk. This action can also be used when not thirsty

Added farming skill- Gain xp in this by harvesting plants

Added new Over Eating system that will punish players for gaming the wellness system and gorging on to much wellness food over to short a time.

Haven't played your mod in a while and remember it being fun so I installed to give it a go. The only real critique I can give is that the spawns are huge. So much that I can't even get through the getting started quest chain before dying, obviously on day 1. While getting killed isn't a bad thing (what!?), the problem that ends up killing me is that while fighting 1 zombie another 2 will appear and then more will join in and then more and more. I'm not even close to a POI, this is just out in the world. IF I'm lucky enough to survive the mini-horde, I'll walk for 5 minutes and then there will be another. I've had 3 clubs at one point all break on me, leaving me with fists, while trying to fight off a horde. I can't run from them because while doing so I'll run into another mini-horde. Basically it boils down to to many zombies spawning together.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on what I need to edit to get it to my liking? I have nothing against large groups of zombies, I really don't, but right now it's just incredibly insane the amount there are.

Also, while I'm thinking about it. Anyone know what needs to be changed to keep tall grass (that you get fibers from) from growing back as quick as it does? I'd like to be able to clear out an area and have the grass stay gone for a while.

Edited by tilarium (see edit history)

Somehow between my last play through and the installing of the mod the spawn settings went from the 75% to the highest setting (that's 150%?)

Which zombie is the puking fat zombie so I can delete him from the spawns? I don't mind the cop because he is rare and doesn't show up often but this guy is getting on my nerves. There always seems to be 1 in every group. I don't mind the danger that comes from the puking, it's the terrain damage that bugs me to know end.

Edited by tilarium (see edit history)

With Kobis help , we ran through the skill tree last night and got it set up for the most part. With the new system we have left many more recipes open and lowered the number of requirements on many more. This will make leveling different for each player. When you meet another player even of the same level you may know completely different skills. Basic layout is forge opens at lv10, iron making/tools at lv20, Steel Making/tools at lv 65. At these player levels 10-20-40-65 many recipes will open and players will have to chose what they want to learn. The goal is to make it possibly to learn everything but to do so one would have to level to 100 and complete every quest that gives skill points. So you can learn everything but it will take a very long time so what you choose to learn first will make a difference.

Ill have A15 up on the server if it comes out today and I'll get right to updating the mod. I hope I dont have to wait for SDX to be updated.

I tried to join, but it says my game version is 14.7 (????) and I cannot join. I started the game (SDX true survival extreame) with Mod Launcher (no EAC, Update Registery, Refresh Automatically). I can play A15 experimental no problem on Single Play.

upd: So it seems the Mod Launcher updates the mod but not the game (probably it should not). So I deleted the mod and reinstalled it. Now I don't get that A14.7 error, but when trying to join the serer, I fail with no message and get kicked to the main menu.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

Let me copy-paste Tin's suggestion from here:

"The "Food" based healing scheme is fine in and of itself but I think it needs a little more.

Why it needs a bit more is because of the "survivor perk", you are being a bit punished if you purchase it (in that you remain full for longer periods of time with every point).

[Minor Exploit] Wouldn't it be better to not to put any points in it so you could heal more often <.<!

Food/calorie heal: like it is now.

Vitamins: Give a in game 24hr slow heal 1hp per in game hour. (24hp per day)

Wellness above 50: Again a 24hr slow heal 1hp gain per hour. (24hp per day)

(minus the food) with vitamin and wellness heal you will gain 48hp every day. (48hp per day)

Counters -

Bleeding: Negates all except med's till fully cured.

Infection: Negates wellness hp gain till fully cured, (stage2): plus negates vitamin hp gain, (stage3): negates all except med's till fully cured.

Broken leg: Negates wellness and vitamin hp gains till cured fully.

Leg (splinted): Negates wellness hp gain till fully cured.

Food poisoning: Negates all till fully cured (minus med's of course)

Dysentery: negates all except meds till fully cured.

I am sure I am missing something but this is off the top of my head of possible type things. I am sure somebody will have better..."

True Survivals food system has been completely redone. No stats are the same as vanilla. Our food on average does less of everything then the vanilla food. I did have food giving health before a15 came out but i have changed it to use the new slow heal which i kinda like. The more filling food is the more stamina it takes from you(no running and eating good foods without negatives)Also our new system gives bonus stats to prepared foods giving more of a bonus to food that contain more different foods.

Food Math

Food item (A) (B) © (D)

(A+1 to stats)+(B+1 to stats) = 2 Combined Food Meal

(A+2 to stats)+(B+2 to stats)+(C+2 to stats) = 3 Combined Food Meal

(A+3 to stats)+(B+3 to stats)+(C+3 to stats)+(D+3 to stats) = 4 Combined Food Meal

Bonuses are only given to food combinations made of different types of foods. Bonuses do not apply to Wellness

Any food or drink that gives wellness now also adds to a fullness buff. Eat to much wellness food in to short a time and you will become Overstuffed and have slower movement speed and less stamina until you digest the food.

I would like to try the first version with no heal over time mechanic from fullness or wellness.If you need health use meds or eat food and rest.

True Survivals first A15 test build is ready and live on

Spider's True Survival Hardcore PVP A15

Port: 29220

Password = hardcore

You must have the A15 Client pack installed before you log in the server the first time. You can download it here-

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TrueSurvivalClientPackA15.git

This is just the first working build. There is much left to do. None of the SDX stuff can be activated until SDX is updated to A15. So there are some missing parts like fishing and trampling but as soon as SDX is updated they are ready to go. Please report any bugs, suggestions or feedback here –

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions/1/350542683209306741/

New Client Pack out-

Did a pass on the skill descriptions and fixes still more to do

Fixed a UI bug

Added new Item Sharpening Stone

Sharpening Stones will be what repairs all bladed weapons

Hunting Knife now is a special knife unlocked through the hunting skill that will harvest more and better animal parts

Field Knife now is a special knife unlocked through the hunting skill that will harvest the most and best animal parts

Re organized what seeds players can make and what seeds only farmers can make

Fixed a tree with low hp

Lowered atone axes starting dps on blocks

Increased feather drops in nest

Slowed a few zombies that were moving too fast in the day time (once SDX is out they will go just a bit slower and run in the dark)

Fixed fat zombie attacks. They were using the Cops instead of their own. Less player damage on explosion and shorter range on spit with longer delay.

Lowered the XP you get from killing zombies to 10% what it was. We will try this if it’s still too much we will drop it completely

Non aggressive animals do not give xp when killed

Increased UMA zombies hit points to be in line with the Mod

Continued to clean up the recipe list in the players backpack. I am moving everything not necessary to early game crafting to workstations to help with lag in player crafting screen.

Update 9/28/2016-

Added all the walk variants to the Frozen Zombie

Added Over Stuffed buff that will slow you if you eat too much food and drink that contains wellness over too short a time. Please give feed back

Made starter quest be all given at once and each gives Player XP and some give 1 Skill Points

Made all Profession Quest be given at once and each gives 1 Skill Point

Adjusted zombie speed down some more on the faster ones

Adjusted Fatty Moe Zombies Spit range to shorter and explosion to do more damage to blocks

Changed Fast Travel Buff so it doesn’t flicker on and off with a timer

Update 9/29/2016-

-New Client Pack-

Updated to A15b94

Changed Soda Vending Machines to not be a "vending machine". You no longer buy drinks from it. Now you break it and it has chance to drop all the different drinks and electric/mechanical parts, also if you use a tool to disassemble it you get a better chance at more drinks and parts.

Did work on Skill pages. More to do.

Fixed some recipes

Moved more recipes off player crafting and to other workstations

Added recipe for Duct Tape

We have a new flower/herb the Forrest Flower. What should we name it? What should it be? What should it do? What should it be used for? Any thoughts?

Update-9/30/2016-

Added new dump on head use to all drinks

Added Cooling Buff to all drinks when dumped on your head

Increased Profession Page drop rate

Increased XP from all Archery, Bladed and Blunt Weapons

Made Metal Tables scrap

Made Coal craftable in the Burn Barrel with wood

Finished polishing the Skill/Perk Pages

Professions are now in the Perk/Skill Screen and you can see what each Profession learns

They are organized and with descriptions

Perk recipes that are crafted on workstations now say what workstation they are crafted on in the Perk description

GOOD TIME TO TEST PLAY

I’ll be out of town all weekend so the map will be up until Tuesday at lest. So if you would like to give the Mod a little test run now is a good time. Please let me know what you think and any bugs or unfinished stuff you find.

True Survival A15 Client Pack Test build is now downloadable on the 7D2D Mod Launcher under Spider or you can get it here-

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TrueSurvivalClientPackA15

Server Info –

Spider's True Survival Hardcore PVP A15

Port: 29220

Password = hardcore

Servers on day 1