True Survival

Spider

Ok think I found my most current backup files. Loads up fine but I cant remember what still needed doing lol. So..... that's where ya'll come in. Heres what I got feel free to try it out and tell me whats missing or still needs doing. Magolis Combo Pack is not in this yet. It will be after I sort through the prefabs and remove the immersion breaking/to much loot POI's. Please be sure to post your feed back so I can find where I stopped on updating it and as always thanks for any help.

True Survival Full Server Mod Test Build A15- https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survial-A15-JZMOD.git

Spider thx for your help i fixed the issue - the id number was out of the array range so i used a different one. In the end i have BikeNAbox appearing now in Working Stiffs crates. I tried to get them in cars as well but that didn't work and for some reason I get 3 BikeNAbox at the traders instead of vending machines and I have no idea how that happened but I'll leave it as is for now given they do appear in WStiffs crates.

Also looking back at when I was playing your mod the thing I thougt needed tweaking most was the farming system - it just seemed way too involved and was hardly worth the trouble. Perhaps you could simplify that in your next update? I'll swap back prolly from VAlmod when you have an update out.

Ok think I found my most current backup files. Loads up fine but I cant remember what still needed doing lol. So..... that's where ya'll come in. Heres what I got feel free to try it out and tell me whats missing or still needs doing. Magolis Combo Pack is not in this yet. It will be after I sort through the prefabs and remove the immersion breaking/to much loot POI's. Please be sure to post your feed back so I can find where I stopped on updating it and as always thanks for any help.

True Survival Full Server Mod Test Build A15- https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survial-A15-JZMOD.git

Everytime I log out of a server, I get an infinite amount of Null Exceptions. in addition, after completing the profession quest, instead of getting the next profession quest I get a null exception, and cannot get the next quest line

11/26/2016

Update-

Fixed text window sizes

Fixed quest description and information not showing

Added new Head Shot only system that does not affect player’s only zombies

Lowered stick amount from trees

Increased wood from trees

Lowered speed on some zombies that were moving too fast

@Jamdawg

The error when you leave is a know issue that i made a post on a little ways back. Its from the SMX HUD mod. You have to force the game closed from windows. It doesn't hurt anything its from the detailed buffs on the main screen. I sent a message to the creator to see if he ever figured a way out to fix it. As for the Profession Quest i need to know what profession you were when it happen to look into it.

**Updated Header with current download link**

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

11/26/2016

Update-

Fixed text window sizes

Fixed quest description and information not showing

Added new Head Shot only system that does not affect player’s only zombies

Lowered stick amount from trees

Increased wood from trees

Lowered speed on some zombies that were moving too fast

@Jamdawg

The error when you leave is a know issue that i made a post on a little ways back. Its from the SMX HUD mod. You have to force the game closed from windows. It doesn't hurt anything its from the detailed buffs on the main screen. I sent a message to the creator to see if he ever figured a way out to fix it. As for the Profession Quest i need to know what profession you were when it happen to look into it.

**Updated Header with current download link**

Hi Spider. I was the engineer class. In addition, my friend, who picked Farmer, also had the same issue. When I make the BoxLunch item for the engineer profession quest, instead of getting the next quest in the line, I get a console NullException error, and the next quest is not given to me. The same problem with the farmer profession. I haven't tried other professions.

So, I installed True Survival... And I can't open any container, class briefcase included. No progress bar nor names of the containers when looking at them.

The console tells me "No loot entry defined for loot list id XX" when I try to open anything, XX being a number.

Also, NullReferenceException when trying to place storage crates.

I used to have Valmod installed, but I removed it before installing this mod (removed config and mod folder, cache integrity from Steam to restore files, installed your mod), if this helps.

Edited by Pyrolusite (see edit history)

So, I installed True Survival... And I can't open any container, class briefcase included.

I had the same problem, could not open the class briefcase. Some time later Spider posted his latest update, I tried it and this time it worked. Did you downloaded the latest update (from the first page)?

PS oops, ninja Spider was faster.

Ok, my little feedback on the first two days on single player. I used normal difficulty, medium spawn and 100% loot.

All in all the game feels JUST RIGHT. Good old True Survival. The food is so scarce I have to eat sham sandwitches (for the first time of my 2000 hours). Cannot kill a pig or a deer with my stone arrows, so chopping cacti, but you nerfed them. I'm playing as an engineer, but already thinking to take farmer next time, hoping that he eats better :) My opinion the food is just right, but it is only first days, lets see how it goes.

Engeneers quest was labeled 'scientists quest', the quest about lunchbox I think.

Venison steak has no icon in the crafting menu.

The head shots some times work, some times don't. I mean some times it takes only 1-2 headshots to kill a normal zed, but sometimes it takes noticebly more. I don't know if bug or intended.

OK, I'll play more tomorrow. Im so happy that you are alive and back, as someone said,

This mod ruined the game for me. Now any other mod that I use is just too easy lol.

Some more minor bugs:

- Can not 'read' some clothes (blue press boy cap, white baseball cap).

- Isn't spear too cheap, requiring only 1 scrap iron? And when scrapped, the spear returns 3 scrap iron.

- buzzed buff (from grain alcohol) doesn't show it's duration (neither in description, nor on HUD).

- brain matter and animal fat smell, but they don't list it in their description.

- earthworm has no icon.

- getting hot/cold doesn't show the warning icon (I mean the 7C/32C degree). Maybe intended, idk.

How do I fish? I forgot :) Wasn't there a fishing pole recipe? Can't find.

I finally chased a pig into water and it took me unreasonably much effort to kill it. Many spear stubbs and arrow shots. Intended?

Can you make it so Fat guys' and Cop's vomit doesn't damage the terrain blocks (their explosion doesn't). Because taking into consideration how many fat guys we have, the area around you base becomes messed up very quickly.

Engineer's shock stick requires Cop's night's stick to make??? I don't think it is intended, is it?

What is the mining system in the mod? Vanilla?

The new food system is so much awesome! Really enjoing the combination system. Next time I wanna take farmer profession, especially if you make his auto-crossbow scoped.

@unlike them-

Thanks for the feed back. Ya the new Head shots system works great for guns but i think it might need some tweeking for melee. Right now its a chance on zombie head hit to proc the head shot damage I think I might have to make a new head shot system for the melee with lower head damage but that hits all the time. This is also why killing animals is harder because they are not effected by the head shot mod. I may need to lower the animals health because i think i raised it for the old head shot system.

The Buzzed buff doesnt show time because type of buff it is thats normal.

Fishing is not in right now. I took the old system out and am waiting on SDX to turn on the new one.

I dont mind doing that to the fat guys vomit. I need to shorten its range also. But the cops vomit i want to destroy anything it touches.

Yes all classes need another class to craft something. I belive they drop of cop zombies too.

Mining is vanilla right now if i remember correctly. On my to do list is to make all stone 10 blocks below the surface will requier steel tools or explosives to mine. So no hidding in holes in early game.

@ EsTygo-

There is no Official Server running right now. If anyone has a server and wants to run it that be awesome. Just post the info here, many players are looking for a TS Server.

@Pyrolusite-

NP

*** Fresh download ready with some Quest and Recipe fixes. Will not break saves.***

I keep playing and writing down issues:

- Bird bath still not working.

- Is wheat in the game? I remember it used to be in the plains biome, but now I can't find it.

- Iron/stone/wood/steelworking skills need their description.

- What are your plans for the traders? Gonna remove them or let them stay?

I've found some mini bugs,

1. Localization - Quest.xml : quest_BasicSurvival20_subtitle is mistyped into quest_BasicSurvival720_subtitle, also description.

2. quest.xml : At quest_BasicSurvival2 (Craft a Stone Axe), 3rd objective should be type="FetchKeep" id="rockSmall" value="5", also quest_BasicSurvival12 (Craft a Stone Shovel)

I'll keep enjoying a journey with this hype train. :p

Currently I'm playing on a server running the 14.7 Mod until A15 is further along in development. If you guys want to come join us, the info is: 107.173.193.226 port 25020. TS info: ts90.gameservers.com:9137. currently we are on day 11 so it's a pretty fresh seed.

Here’s how the new Wound System is flushing out. Getting all the mechanics working properly then I'll posts the stats for each buff. This replaces the Scratch System we have now.

New Wound Buff System-

Anything that can attack you has a chance to hurt you. Get hurt too much and you will be wounded. To heal the wound you will have to treat it and maintain it until it heals. This wound system has 5 stages. The first is Bruised and needs no tending to or maintaining it will heal on its own as long as you are not hurt more.

The Second is a Small Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Small Wound you will also get a Pain Buff that can be cured with a Pain Killer. To Heal the Small Wound you need to use a Bandage on it. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your small wound will heal into Bruised. Fail to keep the wound clean and you will get an Infection (not the Z Virus).

The Third is a Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Wound you will also get a Sprained Leg Buff that can be cured with a Splint. To Heal the Wound you need to use a First Aid Bandage on it. After some time the First Aid Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Wound will heal into Small Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean and you will get an Infection (not the Z Virus).

The Forth is a Sever Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Sever Wound you will also get a Gash Buff that can be cured with a Suter Kit. To Heal the Sever Wound you need to use a Sanitized Bandage on it. After some time the Sanitized Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Sever Wound will heal into a Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean and you will get an Infection (not the Z Virus).

The Last stage is an Infected Wound. When you receive enough damage to get an Infected Wound you will also get an Infection (not the Z Virus) To Heal the Infected Wound you need to use a Sanitized Bandage on it. After some time the Sanitized Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Infected Wound will heal into a Sever Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean and you will die.

New Bite System-

Getting bitten and not caring for it is the only way to get the Z Virus. Infected can only Bite you if they Grab (stun) you. Once you receive a Bite you will also get a Bleed that can be healed as normal. To remove the Bite you must cook a Metal/Steel Pipe in the Campfire/Burn Barrel and Cauterize the Bite with it. You have 24 game hours to do this before you catch the Z Virus. After you Cauterize the Bite you will have a Bite Wound that you will need to treat with a Bandage. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplying. Do all this successfully and you will receive a Wound fail to do any of these steps and you will be infected with the Z Virus.

After another day of playing found more issues, kinda game breaking:

- Please look into the Overstuffed buff, it seems broken. After some time (day 7 on both of my characters) it triggers and doesn't seem to fade away. I totally wasn't exploiting mass feeding with high wellness food. In fact my food was scarce, some meat, some eggs, its first week after all. I keep on playing, but have to apply 'debuff overStuffed' after each meal. I don't know about xml modding, but to me it looks like the fading part is broken, so it only sums wellness up.

- I cannot craft any cobblestone frames (except maybe the default cubic, haven't tried). I found a workbench, but there is no 'craft' button, not even the grayed one. I checked all workstations in creative. Either I'm missing something, or it is bugged.

- Also look into Kabob recipes, I can cook 'Me/Co/Ca/Po Kabob' with only one meat and an egg.

- And a minor one: the boiled water (from a tin can) doesn't have a 'use' action. Idk if intended or not.

In fact, Im enjoing the added hitpoints for animals. Makes meat so valuable. I practice chasing animals into the water to slow them down. Does not it make Hunting more interesting (I imagine stone-age hunters practiced something like this)?

If you wanna make stone underground only mined by end game tools, you need to give us a way to mine Iron on the surface then. Maybe enable iron in the boulders again, like vanilla.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)