Spider

Update Ready for Download-

11/28/2016

Removed the ability for Zombies to infect you on hit with the Z-Virus

Removed the Hygiene Buff System

Removed the Scratch Buff System

Added new item Suter Kit made with Sewing Needle and Suters from animals

Added New Wound Buff System-

Anything that can attack you has a chance to hurt you. Get hurt too much and you will be wounded. To heal the wound you will have to treat it and maintain it until it heals. This wound system has 5 stages.

• The first is Bruised and needs no tending to or maintaining it will heal on its own as long as you are not hurt more.

• The Second is a Small Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Small Wound you will also get a Pain Buff that can be cured with a Pain Killer. To Heal the Small Wound you need to use a Bandage on it. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your small wound will heal into Bruised. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to a Wound.

• The Third is a Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Wound you will also get a Sprained Leg Buff that can be cured with a Splint. To Heal the Wound you need to use a First Aid Bandage on it. After some time the First Aid Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Wound will heal into Small Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to a Sever Wound.

• The Forth is a Sever Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Sever Wound you will also get a Gash Buff that can be cured with a Suter Kit. To Heal the Sever Wound you need to use a Sanitized Bandage on it. After some time the Sanitized Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Sever Wound will heal into a Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to an Infected Wound.

• The Last stage is an Infected Wound. When you receive enough damage to get an Infected Wound you will also get an Infection (not the Z Virus) To Heal the Infected Wound you need to use a Sanitized Bandage on it. After some time the Sanitized Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Infected Wound will heal into a Sever Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean and you will die.

New Bite System-

Getting bitten and not caring for it is the only way to get the Z Virus. Infected can only Bite you if they Grab (stun) you. Once you receive a Bite you will also get a Bleed that can be healed as normal. To remove the Bite you must cook a Metal/Steel Pipe in the Campfire/Burn Barrel and Cauterize the Bite with it. You have 24 game hours to do this before you catch the Z Virus. After you Cauterize the Bite you will have a Bite Wound that you will need to treat with a Bandage. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplying. Do all this successfully and you will receive a Wound, fail to do any of these steps and you will be infected with the Z Virus.

Fixed a lot of Quest bugs

Fixed a lot of recipe Bugs

Added new Install Instruction File with the Mod

Increased greatly the speed that Over Stuff buff fades. Please give feed back

Changed it so Melee weapons have a lower damage bonus for zombie head shots on each hit instead of the higher damage one that was a chance on hit. Also Bladed weapons have a higher damage bonus for Zombie heads than Blunt Melee. I hope this makes Melee feel better. Please give feedback.

Added the ability for new custom Buff Icons. A few are in but many more to come. (Could use help with this)

Increased Dog health slightly

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Spider, I spawned all workstations in creative, the workbench doesn't have the CRAFT button for any of its recipes. All other workstations have it. Please look into it.

Yes I know. I'm working on it. I'm not sure why its like that but I'll figure it out. Also I got most of the bugs that have been posted but if I didn't please know I do have them written down and I will get to them so please keep reporting problems

O and yes I think this will require a new game because I removed Buffs and changed Quests so if you have any of those buffs or quest that were changed it will cause problems.

Last thing. If any one is interested I could use help finding or making Buff Icons. They are made with the same format as a Item Icon. I would like to have all my custom buffs have their own buff icon so its easier to tell what buff you have. If your interested let me know.

I was trying things in creative and that's what I found so far:

- there is a skill 'LABELED SECURE STORAGE', I didn't unlock it but I am able to craft those labeled crates. And in creative menu there are two sets of labeled storage crates, for example STORAGE AMMO and STORAGEAMMO, so I think this is the problem. And by the way, I cannot find this skill using the search bar in the skill menu, if I type 'lab' or 'secure' I get nothing (but if I type 'storage' it shows).

- maybe the problem with not working workbench is that you have "WOOD work bench" and the recipes are set to a simple "workbench". Just speculating, idk the xmls.

- was playing with 'leather drying rack' and 'todryleather'. 'Leather drying rack' seems to work as intended, but the 'todryleather' gives you leather without consuming any hide or cured leather. Just 4 fiber ropes and 10 sticks and overtime you get 4 leather. I think not intended.

@unlike them-

The labeled storage chest is the mod. It is so the labeled storage chest the spawn in poi's can have loot and break on looting but still lets the player craft their own set. So in reality there are two different boxes.

No that stuff is right but the skill wording needed changing. fixed it. This doesn't fix the problem though.

I fixed the recipe it should use 4 Cured Leather to make. When SDX comes out we will have a cool new block function that i will be using to do this so this is a place holder for now.

This is a list of the custom buffs I need icons for. Some of them I might use an icon that’s in game already like Anti Venom could use the icon for Anti Venom but the others need their own icons. Any help would be appreciated. Finding small pictures that can be used to describe some of these buffs is hard.

overstuffed

limp

StaminaBoost

wetHead

cozybed1

cozybed2

cozybed3

bioInfection

bite

biteWound

tendingbite

dirtyBiteBandage

bruised

smallWound

pain

tending

dirtyBandage

wound

severeWound

gash

InfectedWound

Addiction

Withdrawal

Shrapnel

VenomPoisoning

Radiation

Acid

shocked

but if we have the buff's description both on HUD and in the character screen, is a unique icon really a priority?

Spider determined that custom buff icons get around the client crashing from mp servers when using buffs w/ timers on hud. (posted in the SMX thread)

I could be wrong but I believe the crashing is caused by the window not being closed properly by the server, just disconnected and then because the sprites are no longer there it throws the null refs.

Having them custom forces them local to the client, and solves the crashing. Atleast my understanding of the problem from when I looked into it originally (considering it doesnt happen in SP).

but if we have the buff's description both on HUD and in the character screen, is a unique icon really a priority?

Priority no but needs to be on the list. I was thinking of removing either the name or the timer on the main hub because they take up alot of room. If we have recognizable icons for all the different buffs then i can remove the name and just have the icon and timer on the main hub.

This is a list of the custom buffs I need icons for. Some of them I might use an icon that’s in game already like Anti Venom could use the icon for Anti Venom but the others need their own icons. Any help would be appreciated. Finding small pictures that can be used to describe some of these buffs is hard.

overstuffed

limp

StaminaBoost

wetHead

cozybed1

cozybed2

cozybed3

bioInfection

bite

biteWound

tendingbite

dirtyBiteBandage

bruised

smallWound

pain

tending

dirtyBandage

wound

severeWound

gash

InfectedWound

Addiction

Withdrawal

Shrapnel

VenomPoisoning

Radiation

Acid

shocked

I don't know if there's any in here that are appropriate for the icons you want, but feel free to have a look through and use anything you want from the icons I've been working on for my UIAtlas revamp project.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/piaky66k8lw30w2/UIItemIcons.zip?dl=0

You are right about it being damed hard finding good icons that visually describe what you want them too ;) It's taken me many hours so far just to come up with these ones, still have about 30 to do before I'm finished.

Some suggestions

overstuffed: ui_game_symbol_hunger

limp: ui_game_symbol_brokenbone

wetHead: ui_game_symbol_wet

cozybed1: ui_game_symbol_map_bed

cozybed2: ui_game_symbol_map_bed (with a tint)

cozybed3: ui_game_symbol_map_bed (with a tint)

bioInfection: ui_game_symbol_dysentery or ui_game_symbol_infection

Radiation: ui_game_symbol_radiation

Addiction: ui_game_symbol_pills

StaminaBoost: ui_game_symbol_stamina

You'd probably want to rename them if vanilla buffs are using those specific names already

My feedback on the new wound system: it's hardly present. I've been playing for seven ingame days mostly melee and got hurt all the time, many times I was hurt badly. But not a single bruise or wound buff. Nothing. Then I created a new game just to experiment and let zeds beat me, so yes, the system is there, its working. But in the natural gameplay I didn't experience it. I'd love to hear other people's feedback.

The Wounds are not tied to the players health level at all and you don't get a wound every time you are damaged. It is built on top of the old scratch system so its a chance on hit to contribute to your overall wound level. With the more dangerous the enemy the better chance to wound you. So a Feral has a higher chance to wound you than a Infected Bunny.

Also you have been playing TS for a while now so i bet your pretty good at not getting hit. My Mod makes men! :)

Keep playing and let me know what you think. Maybe some enemy's need their chance to wound increased?

Some suggestions

overstuffed: ui_game_symbol_hunger

limp: ui_game_symbol_brokenbone

wetHead: ui_game_symbol_wet

cozybed1: ui_game_symbol_map_bed

cozybed2: ui_game_symbol_map_bed (with a tint)

cozybed3: ui_game_symbol_map_bed (with a tint)

bioInfection: ui_game_symbol_dysentery or ui_game_symbol_infection

Radiation: ui_game_symbol_radiation

Addiction: ui_game_symbol_pills

StaminaBoost: ui_game_symbol_stamina

You'd probably want to rename them if vanilla buffs are using those specific names already

I see tint being added to a buff Icon. is this possible?

I see tint being added to a buff Icon. is this possible?

yep, you can add a tint to the icons. There's some in the UI that use that already, such as the red x for tools required, and the yellow tint when you mouse over a button etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I know in the item file you can tint a icon and I know in the block file you can not. Even so it be a small thing to take the icon and tint it then re save it as a different name so you would have two icons.

yeah for the individual buff icons this would need to be done in a paint program, the UI tint would apply to all icons in that part of the UI

Update 11/30/2016

Added +5 hydration to all drinks

Added Duct Tape Book that teaches Duct Tape Recipe

Increased the speed of snow melting

Increased Wild Corn harvest amount to (1-3)

Added Wild Wheat to the Plains Biome where the corn spawns

Redid Engineer Profession Quest #2. Still needs description/name fixed

Added Recipes for Suters, Bone Meal, Nitroglycerin, Bow String, Fishing Line, Sharpening Stone, Lashing

Fixed a lot more recipes or updated the ingredients

Lowered Bone Shiv durability

Fixed some skill bugs

Added Magolis POI Combo Pack-

I have not sorted through them yet to take out the loot stuffed and huge/immersion breaking POI’s. If you see one that’s out of place, to secure or full of too much loot please either let me know the name of it of take some good screenshots of it and post them and I will remove it.

And more stuff that I don’t remember :)

Download link in main post always has the most current mod version out.

*******************************************************************************************

Also if anyone would be interested in hosting a Official True Survivor Server I would be interested in talking with you. I do not have the time to Admin one myself or I would do it. I can install, maintain and update the code on it for you if you would like but I don't have time to maintain a server community and the mod and have time to play (just not enough hours in the day). Just message me if you have question or are interested.