True Survival

Spider

Is it just me or does anyone else find their base area becoming littered with craters from boomer zombies after a few weeks? Thinking I might just remove them or make them extremely rare due to this, just don't have the time to fill in all the ditches they cause.

Is it just me or does anyone else find their base area becoming littered with craters from boomer zombies after a few weeks? Thinking I might just remove them or make them extremely rare due to this, just don't have the time to fill in all the ditches they cause.

Yeah, my first base quickly started to look like Stalingrad, after it was bombed. Had to abandon it - the zombies started to dig under my base. What I did in my next base, I made the cobblestone floor - they still destroy it, but it helps a lot.

Edit:

By the way, has anyone found a legit way to get 50 at gunsmithing skill to unlock casings and tips? I don't really want to waste thousands of gunpowder on blunderbuss ammo. Is there anything else you can craft to raise that skill?

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

Edit:

By the way, has anyone found a legit way to get 50 at gunsmithing skill to unlock casings and tips? I don't really want to waste thousands of gunpowder on blunderbuss ammo. Is there anything else you can craft to raise that skill?

Repair every gun part you find. That worked for me

I just filled them in with grassy soil, and if I didn't have any available, I used hay bales or wood frames until I did. Do that as a stopgap so zeds won't dig them out more. I plan to upgrade the area around my base with concrete eventually. exploders just help excavate. :)

btw, I was a bit surprised that bedrock wasn't at -57 like vanilla. Shallower than I expected.

So, I spent about 4 hours wandering the wasteland biome. Got a weird mix of snow, irradiated and wasteland all in one biome. Couldn't find any surface nitrate. Any tips on finding nitrate? This one seems harder to obtain than steel.

Edit: haven't found any underground biome-specific ores, besides gravel veins, however I was mining in the forest. Is it worth to try in wasteland?

So, I spent about 4 hours wandering the wasteland biome. Got a weird mix of snow, irradiated and wasteland all in one biome. Couldn't find any surface nitrate. Any tips on finding nitrate? This one seems harder to obtain than steel.

Edit: haven't found any underground biome-specific ores, besides gravel veins, however I was mining in the forest. Is it worth to try in wasteland?

Wasteland is the right place to find nitrate, I got plenty of this TS A16.2, I guess you just got unlucky. Underground caves (black dotes on map) also have plenty of nitrate and hanging moss.

Also, forest has some iron/lead veins. Unlucky again. But I don't know if there are more veins depending in what biome you are.

Wasteland is the right place to find nitrate, I got plenty of this TS A16.2, I guess you just got unlucky. Underground caves (black dotes on map) also have plenty of nitrate and hanging moss.

Also, forest has some iron/lead veins. Unlucky again. But I don't know if there are more veins depending in what biome you are.

Thanks for the info, will try digging in the wasteland) But still, where can I find surface nitrate?

Hey @Spider,

Few of questions;

- Is animal farming in True Survival (If not it would be really cool)

- Is there a way to set the zombie movement speed to always walk (day and night except for ferals and boss zombies like in vanilla)

- Is there a way to run vanilla style RW

- Will you be updating to 16.4?

Many thanks.

Hey @Spider,

Few of questions;

- Is animal farming in True Survival (If not it would be really cool)

- Is there a way to set the zombie movement speed to always walk (day and night except for ferals and boss zombies like in vanilla)

- Is there a way to run vanilla style RW

- Will you be updating to 16.4?

Many thanks.

Spider has gone inactive on the mod for now but I can answer most of these for you.

-No animal farming.

-Not through ingame menus but I'm fairly sure it's be easy to mod in Entityclasses.xml as all the runner zombies are labelled as runners.

-Yes, just copy over vanilla RWG, no compatibility issues besides no tropical biome spawning which isn't a game breaker.

-Dunno

@RomRomRya : surface nitrate is to be found in wasteland, you just got unlucky on this part of wasteland you've been visiting.

@caatalyst : Spider won't update to 16.4, we might see him again for A17 (said by himself in his last post)

Thanks for the clarification. It seems that "wasteland" I was in is a wrong one. I told it was a wasteland with a wild mix of snow and irradiated minibiomes. Have to find another one it seems.

Also, what does it require to unlock oil, gun oil and biofuel recipes in the oil refinery? I'm lvl 148 and have everything in the skills menu unlocked, and have also just looted a HUGE "crack a book" building filled with about 100 book crates, so these recipes are not found anywhere, I'm sure.

Edit: Ok, oil and biofuel and a couple of other recipes are unlocked by the "chemist" profession. But what about the gun oil?

Edit2: Found it! The cop profession.

Spider has gone inactive on the mod for now but I can answer most of these for you.

-No animal farming.

-Not through ingame menus but I'm fairly sure it's be easy to mod in Entityclasses.xml as all the runner zombies are labelled as runners.

-Yes, just copy over vanilla RWG, no compatibility issues besides no tropical biome spawning which isn't a game breaker.

-Dunno

Thanks dude! :-)

Do you know if there are plans to bring in animal farming?