True Survival

Spider

Alright so I installed 7D2D mod launcher and installed the mod per this video.

All went well.

Went to start the game via the Play Mod

Game started up and the console popped up (the one you get when you press ~ in game) and started going down the list of actions it was performing. A lot of which was MissingMethodException. I could not get the console to go away even hitting the ~ button and clicking on the close button.

Still game loaded like normal. Right now I can hear the birds chirping like the game is about to start and it says Creating Player...

It has said that for about 10 minutes now, seriously. What happened?

Uninstalled 7D2D, reinstalled, fell back to A16.2, launched the mod and still the same thing. Console wont go away and it never Creates Player. Game isn't frozen, just not doing anything.

Edit: Even though I uninstalled it, all of my saved games are still there. So apparently the uninstall didn't uninstall everything. Not sure if that is the problem or not.

Edited by Stopsign32v (see edit history)

Uninstalled 7D2D, reinstalled, fell back to A16.2, launched the mod and still the same thing. Console wont go away and it never Creates Player. Game isn't frozen, just not doing anything.

Edit: Even though I uninstalled it, all of my saved games are still there. So apparently the uninstall didn't uninstall everything. Not sure if that is the problem or not.

You set your Steam folder to be Alpha 16.2, then used the Mod Launcher to create the Mod / Play?

Haven't unlocked the iron building yet, but from just looking at the frames I couldn't find iron catwalks... In vanilla, you could get iron catwalks by upgrading wood ones with iron. With True Survival upgrading the catwalk makes it a full iron reinforced plank block, which is weird af. Meh, got to rebuild my base it seems...

Also, any ideas where I can find sledgehammer/wrench/welder(the tool for steel, not sure if I spelled it correctly)? Looted 3 towns clean and didn't find any(

@Stopsign32v : I also rarely have these "creating player" endless steps. Just close the game and restart it from launcher, it always works the second time for me. Still, "creating player" is a long loading step, be sure to wait 1 minute or 2 at least, if you have a low end rig, before the "generating terrain" step comes up.

@RomRomRya : if you want iron catwalks, then craft some "ironbars", no other choice. Wood can't be upgraded to iron in this mod.

Welder is easily craftable in working bench (steel + brass). Wrench can be quite rare, and it's really needed for many recipes unlock. Try the sinks, best place to find. I got my first one in an airdrop, government knows it's quite rare. And IIRC, the sledgehammer can be crafted easily to collect cement blocks, isn't it ?

I got it working, I didn't have all of my stuff deleted from 16.4

Boy what a mod. I gotta get used to the tourist zombies blowing up and the bloated one I think, spitting acid. Died real quick there.

What is the deal with the random walking survival people? I thought they were bandits until I started to kill one and he never fought back. What's the deal?

@Stopsign32v : there are two types of walking survival people, bandits and friendly ones. Bandits will kill you. Friendly's will follow you and protect you for 30 seconds if you hit them (one hit with bare hands, so that they don't get too injured). Bandits have better loot, but friendly's can have good one sometimes too. I kill them all

@Zombizie : with the null exception error, just click Escape a few times, that should remove the errors message, no known fix for me. And yeah, we all already experienced that gash + severe wound out of nowhere. Pretty boring but pretty rare. You must be pinching your skin in the zip of your bag 😣

Guys, you should join us on the server, we would have great fun as big team

Edited by pinedepin (see edit history)

Haven't unlocked the iron building yet, but from just looking at the frames I couldn't find iron catwalks... In vanilla, you could get iron catwalks by upgrading wood ones with iron. With True Survival upgrading the catwalk makes it a full iron reinforced plank block, which is weird af. Meh, got to rebuild my base it seems...

Also, any ideas where I can find sledgehammer/wrench/welder(the tool for steel, not sure if I spelled it correctly)? Looted 3 towns clean and didn't find any(

you can craft those

I'm getting a null exception error when I go near the traders. Any known fixes? Also I randomly get injured standing in my base sorting inventory. Got a gash and serious wound out of nowhere. This common? Or do I have an issue with my game

i had that problem once, my solution was to delete the chunk (which was far from my base) from the savegame and let it regenerate.

About the injuring, did u had a bandaged wound or dirty wound?

Edited by Hydr0 (see edit history)

I did have bandaged bite at the time

If you keep getting hit, injury timers kick in and can potentially count down to (in this case severe wound n gash). I think the problem is it doesn't activate instantly and so while you are seemingly going about your day, the timer is already set to activate after a certain time.

I think that makes sense haha.

I did have bandaged bite at the time

so thats it, when the bandage time is over your injury might be not be fully healed (for bad wounds like bites it will take several times and can get worse when taking more damage) you might get a dirty bandage buff or no bandage at all (wound buff), either way u have to keep bandaging the wound until is fully healed.

Edited by Hydr0 (see edit history)

so thats it, when the bandage time is over your injury might be not be fully healed (for bad wounds like bites it will take several times and can get worse when taking more damage) you might get a dirty bandage buff or no bandage at all (wound buff), either way u have to keep bandaging the wound until is fully healed.
I could be wrong bit I don't think that was the case I'm fairly certain i had just applied the bandage however ive been wrong before(once) so maybe that was the case. I'll have to keep an eye out for it happening again

- - - Updated - - -

If you keep getting hit, injury timers kick in and can potentially count down to (in this case severe wound n gash). I think the problem is it doesn't activate instantly and so while you are seemingly going about your day, the timer is already set to activate after a certain time.

I think that makes sense haha.

Hmm i didnt know about that have to keep in mind

Still WIP ?? Any news on update to 16.4?

This mod still being worked on?

I searched through the servers and didn't find a single server listed that is running this mod.

Anyone have a newly wiped server running this mod that I can join?

Thanks

This mod still being worked on?

I searched through the servers and didn't find a single server listed that is running this mod.

Anyone have a newly wiped server running this mod that I can join?

Thanks

I'm running an unofficial server with this mod.

IP 78.129.218.118

Port 26376

Spider will not be updating mod for some time so if you want to use it it will have to be on alpha 16.2.

I'm running an unofficial server with this mod.

IP 78.129.218.118

Port 26376

Spider will not be updating mod for some time so if you want to use it it will have to be on alpha 16.2.

Thanks for the replay, I will just keep an eye out for the update whenever it may be.

Where can I get some bats? Yeah, regular bats. To craft shockstick specifically. The only one I got was when I unlocked fitness instructor profession. Bats seem to be used in several recipes, but are impossible to craft, which means they should be pretty common, yet I have not found even one.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure I just knocked down a pine tree and received a pair of sneakers from it, Easter egg or bug? Either way I got a chuckle.

Boots, honeycombs and trash piles seem to be like a rare drop from trees. I get these items regularly

Where can I get some bats? Yeah, regular bats. To craft shockstick specifically. The only one I got was when I unlocked fitness instructor profession. Bats seem to be used in several recipes, but are impossible to craft, which means they should be pretty common, yet I have not found even one.

bandints and followers are my main source of bats

Server not loading

-Mod Download-

-Warning-

Mod is a work in progress just like the vanilla game.

---Files last updated on - 9/27/2017---

Fastest Easiest Way To Play True Survival A16.2 is to download and install the 7d2dModLauncher from here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Mod Launcher Instructions-

1. Remove 7D2D from your system completely & manually delete any remaining files in the 7D2D folder that are left after uninstalling.
  2. Re-DL 7D2D on Steam.
  3. After it's finished downloading, right click and go to Properties -> Betas -> Choose 16.2. Wait for the game to downgrade back to 16.2.
  4. Now open 7D2D launcher and expand the "True Survival" on the top left. Highlight True Survival 16.2 and UN-Check "Use EAC" then click Play.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Manual Install

Download and install the True Survival 16.2 files manually here-

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-16.2-Manual-Install.git

Player Install Instructions-

1. Open the modded 7DaysToDie_Data Folder then open the Managed Folder. Copy all the files in that location and overwrite the files in the same location in your game files.
  2. In the main directory of the modded files open the Data Folder and copy the Config Folder and and overwrite the folder in the same location in your game files.
  3. Then go back to the same location in the modded files and open the Prefab Folder. Copy all the files in that location and overwrite the files in the same location in your game files.
  4. Then in the main directory of the modded files copy the Mod Folder and the Config.xml and paste them into the main directory of your game files.
  5. !!THIS IS A MUST HAVE!! Download Xtrakicking 16.2 Zombie Texture Pack and replace your resources.asset file at 7DaysToDie/7DaysToDie_Data-
    https://mega.nz/#F!hjpz2SyQ!O8RHFyeaie8XiG2KhDiLLA

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Server Files

Download Server Files here-

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-A16-Server.git

Server Install Instructions-

1. Open the modded 7DaysToDieServer_Data Folder then open the Managed Folder. Copy all the files in that location and overwrite the files in the same location in your server game files.
  2. In the main directory of the modded files open the Data Folder and copy the Config Folder and and overwrite the folder in the same location in your server game files.
  3. Then go back to the same location in the modded files and open the Prefab Folder. Copy all the files in that location and overwrite the files in the same location in your server game files.
  4. Then in the main directory of the modded files copy the Mod Folder and the Config.xml and paste them into the main directory of your server game files.

OLD 15.1 ALPHA DOWNLOAD--> https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survial-A15-JZMOD.git

OLD ALPHA 15.2 SDX DOWNLOAD--> https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59466-WIP-True-Survival-SDX

Steam Group and Mod Forums –http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer

Terms of Use*

:hippie:Feel free to use anything in my mod you would like. Code, assets, icons, modded systems or whatever. All I ask is that noone hijacks my mod name "True Survival" I would like to still use that when I eventually complete the Mod

Please post all bugs here and I will see what I can do. Thanks for playing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please help , I play with my friend in game with this mod... if I logout, and back to play, my server not load, my screeen is on "loading players" infinity.... please help...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please help , I play with my friend in game with this mod... if I logout, and back to play, my server not load, my screeen is on "loading players" infinity.... please help...

So you're stuck on the loading screen when it says "loading players"? I've got this problem too, but I found a way to fix it, go to options, find your profile, select "edit" and change the beard for example. Helps me every time.

Hope this'll help you too!