True Survival

Spider

Sorry bud, the followers are high maintenance. You have to whack them every 30 seconds roughly to get them to follow you, and thats only the melee followers. The ranged followers will folllow you on their own if youre close to them and they arent chasing something else. The mod encourages head shots on zombies, there is a damage multiplier for headshots. Body shots do little to no damage if i remember correctly.

Forgedpillar50

Hey guys, finally managed to progress to lvl 75 n all. Trying to set up a steel base and cant seem to find any forged frame recipies apart from the basic cubic forged frame( I have completed the building with steel quest line). I really need the 50 pillar steel version. How do i craft it??? cement/concrete does not upgrade.

I recently started playing this mod and it's really fun !

So far I solved all of my problems exepct one : I can't fin Electric Wires anywhere. Somebody know where I can loot these ?

I read on a previous post that it's supposed to be looted from wood/concrete frames inside prefabs but I couldn't find any. Do I have to use a specfic tool ? Is it in a specific prefab ?

Thanks

Easiest way to get wires is to use a screwdriver on tv's, night sands (with lamp) and other stuff with electronics. you can get wires from wooden blocks if you break them with a hammer, but its not guaranteed

I recently started playing this mod and it's really fun !

So far I solved all of my problems exepct one : I can't fin Electric Wires anywhere. Somebody know where I can loot these ?

I read on a previous post that it's supposed to be looted from wood/concrete frames inside prefabs but I couldn't find any. Do I have to use a specfic tool ? Is it in a specific prefab ?

Thanks

Easiest way to get wires is to use a screwdriver on tv's, night sands (with lamp) and other stuff with electronics. you can get wires from wooden blocks if you break them with a hammer, but its not guaranteed

I tried tvs and stuff like that but didn't get any... I tried some more wooden blocks, and after a while I got some wires. Only the claw hammer seems to work for that.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion !

I have another question : I can't figure out where I am supposed to craft the screwdriver... I got the skill, crafted the mold, got the materials, now what ? I Tried workbench, forge, anvil... The description in skill category says "Craft it on the metal working bench" but I don't see this metal working bench anywhere :o

ehm think you need blast furnace? cause it takes steel, and you can get steel as resource in the furnace...

anyway i never had to craft one tbh. There is plenty of them around and scrap steel for repairs is available from springs

I tried tvs and stuff like that but didn't get any... I tried some more wooden blocks, and after a while I got some wires. Only the claw hammer seems to work for that.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion !

I have another question : I can't figure out where I am supposed to craft the screwdriver... I got the skill, crafted the mold, got the materials, now what ? I Tried workbench, forge, anvil... The description in skill category says "Craft it on the metal working bench" but I don't see this metal working bench anywhere :o

• 2 weeks later...
@obsidianmcbovril-

What are you trying to change about the Professions?

Yo SPIDER! i tried to private message you....I just wanted to give you a HUGE thanks for creating this mod. I have spent 100's of hours on it and I have learned that once you play TS, it is very difficult to go back to anything else. I am a semi-popular twitch streamer and have been educating the community on the difficulties and intricacy's of this mod. I was going to start a youtube channel outlining certain details that I tend to get A LOT of questions about. (I have figured most of it out just by testing and playing)

Before i do this, i wanted to touch base with you and ask you a few questions. Do you plan on updating this mod when Alpha 17 comes out or is it forever stuck in 16.2? I understand that the community can get frustrating and peoples "complaints" are usually just because they either can't handle the difficulty or they are just don't understand how to play a game that is so heavily modded. I just don't want to go into a very in depth youtube channel for you to just update it as soon as alpha 17 releases.

I have also had TFP come in to my channel asking questions about the mod. I feel like i might be semi influencing them to up the difficulty or the quest lines of the game. They really have been enjoying my streams and I think this exposure will be great for your mod and for the game.

So, are you coming back or should i just go ahead and treat alpha 16.2 as the "final version" of this mod? <---- my biggest question.

THANK YOU AGAIN! you have given my channel content as well as keep my brain busy in figuring things out. HIGHLY enjoy TS! <3

if you are interested, come check out one of my streams. twitch.tv/ramble_on_rose

@ramble_on_rose-

Hi Rosa I’m glad you are enjoying the Mod. As far as Alpha 16 is concerned TS is not getting any more updates. I have been lurking around the forums keeping an eye on what’s coming for 17 and it looks promising but I’m a veteran around here and I know better than to get my hopes up or get too excited waiting for a release. So I’ll just wait and see what actually gets completed and included in A17. As for TS getting updated in A17. I’m going to want to play A17 7D2D and I can’t play vanilla anymore, so I’ll have to update TS if I want to enjoy a play through in A17. So yes TS will get updated but I don’t have near the same amount of free time I used to (picked up a second Job $$:hungry:$$) so it might take me some time. The good news is if all goes as stated a ton of the stuff I had to mod in looks to be getting added to the vanilla game so updating A17 might not need as much work. I’m hoping that TS will be more of an over haul to all the stats/recipe/skills and less building modded systems from scratch like now. I’m really excited for the behind the scene infrastructure they are building to make modding easier and more powerful. So if you wanted to do something with TS 16.2 have at it. I still think we are months away from A17 if not more. Then it will take a few months to update TS so you might still have a year before TS A17.x. (It’s sad but true:sorrow:)

I cleared my mail box but you can reach me on steam faster If you still needed to ask me something-

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071700260/

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

hosting own server on other box, all things pass properly, installed according to directions on main page, double/triple checked that I didnt mess up, already made sure im 100% on alpha 16.2 But now i get this annoying error when I try to connect, (refuses to actually let me on server)

2018-03-19T11:53:53 85.226 INF [NET] PlayerConnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName=''

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'enum2int, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at A.EB`1[NetPackageType].GetHashCode (NetPackageType firstEnum) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[NetPackageType,System.Type].Add (NetPackageType key, System.Type value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackage..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for NetPackage

at NetPackageClientId..ctor (Int32 _clientId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Net_PlayerConnected (.ClientInfo _cInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetworkServerUnity.OnPlayerConnected (NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Steam.OnPlayerConnected (NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

hosting own server on other box, all things pass properly, installed according to directions on main page, double/triple checked that I didnt mess up, already made sure im 100% on alpha 16.2 But now i get this annoying error when I try to connect, (refuses to actually let me on server)

2018-03-19T11:53:53 85.226 INF [NET] PlayerConnected EntityID=-1, PlayerID='', OwnerID='', PlayerName=''

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'enum2int, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at A.EB`1[NetPackageType].GetHashCode (NetPackageType firstEnum) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[NetPackageType,System.Type].Add (NetPackageType key, System.Type value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackage..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for NetPackage

at NetPackageClientId..ctor (Int32 _clientId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Net_PlayerConnected (.ClientInfo _cInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetworkServerUnity.OnPlayerConnected (NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Steam.OnPlayerConnected (NetworkPlayer _networkPlayer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Anyone having problems with install should check out

She has a discord channel linked there, and a tech support team specifically for True Survival.

Hope that helps.

Zombie Stage

Will there ever be an option, then, to die and play as a zombie?

I've love to see an additional 7 days as a zombie where, if you dont feed on fresh humans every 7 days, you die permanently. and in between you can loot corpses and eat any bones, meat, or flesh you find to maintain your wellness and stamina. and when you feed on fresh flesh long enough, you get a bonus feral stage.

Edited by SlicksGirl
spelling (see edit history)

Hello, can anyone help me with this mod? I'm having issues that I have no clue how to fix.

I tried installing these mod the normal way which didn't work. And then I tried to install it using the 7D2D mod selector. Each time I got a "missingmethodexception" red error spamming the top of the screen. And each time my game also would not get passed the "creating a character" part when you create a game.

Can anyone help me get this mod working? I really want to play this but have no clue how to fix this issue which is a complete bummer.