True Survival

Spider

I'm having issues and I cannot get this mod to work.

Bro, gotta reinstall 16.2 its under properties. Then use the launcher, takes a bit to install it.

- - - Updated - - -

Will there ever be an option, then, to die and play as a zombie?

I've love to see an additional 7 days as a zombie where, if you dont feed on fresh humans every 7 days, you die permanently. and in between you can loot corpses and eat any bones, meat, or flesh you find to maintain your wellness and stamina. and when you feed on fresh flesh long enough, you get a bonus feral stage.

Someone was throwin around a concept for this not too long ago.

Shouldnt be too hard to implement. Just make zombies friendly and populate with a lot of npcs using bandit template to make them all hostile. Then add lootable brains and such. Maybe make some pois populated with survivors and voila...

Thank you for the mod. it works beautifully on my single player game.

However, My hosting provider wont let me install it manually. in fact, i cannot actually edit my files. which is driving me crazy. That aside, they have this listed on their mods list and I did revert the install to 16.2. the server is brand new, never been played on. But I'm getting the error below. their solution is to update the server files to 16.4 and install allocs. which of course breaks the mod. I cant get the tech to understand the concept that this mod HAS to be run in 16.2 to save my life.

After they "fix" the issue where the server fails to boot, I wipe the server, install 16.2 and then install this mod, and finally st up the config file. all which are forms and buttons, no actual access to the files other than a visual look. I saw this same exact error on the Starvation mod thread and he said its because it needs a manual installation.

Any ideas of how to fix this or explain to these noobs how to fix this?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, gotta reinstall 16.2 its under properties. Then use the launcher, takes a bit to install it.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone was throwin around a concept for this not too long ago.

Shouldnt be too hard to implement. Just make zombies friendly and populate with a lot of npcs using bandit template to make them all hostile. Then add lootable brains and such. Maybe make some pois populated with survivors and voila...

but i mean, after you die ass a survivor you turn into a zombie and must hunt to survive.

You might need to find another server provider. A lot of them do not allow you to edit .dll files. Before you get a server make sure to ask if you have COMPLETE file editing capability's. What is more than likely happening is the Tech is installing the mod like a xml mod and not installing all the SDX stuff. Bottom line if the provider does not let you do it your self then you need another provider. Hope this helps.

You might need to find another server provider. A lot of them do not allow you to edit .dll files. Before you get a server make sure to ask if you have COMPLETE file editing capability's. What is more than likely happening is the Tech is installing the mod like a xml mod and not installing all the SDX stuff. Bottom line if the provider does not let you do it your self then you need another provider. Hope this helps.

Sad thing is, I had this server company last year and they DID allow me full editing rights. now they are refusing. the SDX stuff is there, but the managed folder is empty. so the entire assembly csharp files are non-existant. and I do not have the rights to upload them. when i explain this to them. they tell me the issue is that I'm running 16.2 and that they have fixed the problem by reinstalling 16.4. ::facepalm::

I have asked for my money back, being that its not just been a week of fighting them on setting this up, they are also being condescending in their responses.

Sad thing is, I had this server company last year and they DID allow me full editing rights. now they are refusing. the SDX stuff is there, but the managed folder is empty. so the entire assembly csharp files are non-existant. and I do not have the rights to upload them. when i explain this to them. they tell me the issue is that I'm running 16.2 and that they have fixed the problem by reinstalling 16.4. ::facepalm::

I have asked for my money back, being that its not just been a week of fighting them on setting this up, they are also being condescending in their responses.

Bite the bullet and go with BlueFang. Servers tend to all be rolling contracts now so you just pay for each month til you no longer want the service. I tried four providers before finding and sticking with these guys.

I recommend BlueFang because you have complete control of all files, and they have a roll back updater for you to easily chose 16.2 before installing this mod.

Not only can you manage the server online, you can also use Filezilla 3rd party software for quicker transfer.

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

Thanks! couldnt quite afford it this time around, but if services go downhill, I'll certainly go there next!

- - - Updated - - -

Is True Survival compatible with Allocs? And should I have installed allocs first, or can I manually turn off the server and install allocs and turn it back on?

Thanks! couldnt quite afford it this time around, but if services go downhill, I'll certainly go there next!

- - - Updated - - -

Is True Survival compatible with Allocs? And should I have installed allocs first, or can I manually turn off the server and install allocs and turn it back on?

None of the files clash so I don't see an install order mattering. Personally I don't use Allocs, so maybe someone better informed could offer a more definitive answer.

I'm stuck in an endless cycle of dying. I logged off with 49 health point,s logged back in and i just die and respawn without end. So how do i reset my character?

Find your saves folder, whether it local game or server side. Then Random Genfolder(or NAv), map seed name folder, player folder. In there delete your own steam ID.

Hope that helps.

You will start from level 1 this way.

This happens to me too, mostly around traders, if I even enter the same chunk that a trader is on or I'll be console spammed every 3 seconds with errors.

Got the same bug going on as well, happens close to a trader chunk as well, so likely related to them. Just pointing it out for debugging purposes. If there's currently a solution in editing the xml that'd be helpful as well. thank you in advance.

little update, happened again when a fat zombie exploded on the trader chunk; blowing a hole in the ground. might be related to the corpses being deleted and referenced, probably a problem with the base game, since trader protection is in that.

Edited by Ezrah Karotan (see edit history)

We get errors everytime we kill a zombie.

Also, is everybody's characters supposed to be solid black hairless mouthless mannequins?

all of our players are just black (not racists, not as in African, i mean beer cooler, pitch black, hairless, mouthless and all the same build.

@ SlicksGirl-

If it doesn't fix its self with a re log then it might be an error with your character skin. Delete and make a new character skin. Not your player file just your appearance.

@ True Survival Survivors

For those in the know check out the Dev Forums in the TS Groups Forums on Steam- https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer# :spider::faint:

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@ SlicksGirl-

If it doesn't fix its self with a re log then it might be an error with your character skin. Delete and make a new character skin. Not your player file just your appearance.

@ True Survival Survivors

For those in the know check out the Dev Forums in the TS Groups Forums on Steam- https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer# :spider::faint:

I thought it was just mine and reskined her twice.

then I realized other players also looked like this, not just mine.

In any other server we look fine, on this modded rented dedi with this mod, we look like fuzzy black outlines

Spider is possible to create in the 7 day to die these ideas.

Example:

When you are hitting the tree it creates a noise that can attract zombies of 15 to 30 squares, the same beating on the stone, opening doors, inventories on the map, as well as over cuts, scratches and breaking the leg, generating a blood smell of 2 to 5 min, attracting zombie by the smell, 25 to 50 blocks, are very cool ideas to improve the game.

Edited by skolano (see edit history)

Tried searching through the thread, couldnt find anything.

Every time i try to create a game with this mod, it crashes and says "7daystodie.exe" has stopped responding

I re-installed the game after deleting everything, as well as set to run 16.2.

**Edit**

EAC also Disabled

Any ideas?

Edited by Projekted (see edit history)