True Survival

Spider

If you want to use the dedicated server and not the P2P option, then yes you need to edit the serverconfig.xml file in the root directory of 7 Days to Die.

And if I make un P2P I have to change some option ? Like set zombie horde 64 for example ? Or should I let all setting as default ?

Same here. I followed the install steps for the mod launcher but when i start a Sp game I dont get the starting class selection and load outs and the hud looks to be vanilla ( the mod in the bottom left hand corner showing health etc hasnt loaded ). The quests are also missing but the skills menu is TS not vanilla.

But this is how i fixed it. After you run uninstall 7DTD go to your steam 7DTD folder and either delete it or rename it. Then if you have ever played TS Mod before go to the C:7DTD folder and delete or rename the True Survival folder. Then reinstall 7DTD, roll it back to 16.2 open the mod launcher and reinstall TS - this should take a while to complete. Voila playable TS.

Thanks Jolly that worked. Dunno how since I have reinstalled the vanilla game and TS a number of times a few weeks ago for other reasons, but the one time I do it as you described.... murphys law

And if I make un P2P I have to change some option ? Like set zombie horde 64 for example ? Or should I let all setting as default ?

Yeah, change those settings as per the instructions on the first page that you can in the standard options.

Yeah, change those settings as per the instructions on the first page that you can in the standard options.

So it is ok if I can't change all them ? Will it work if I change only the one I can in the standard option ? Thanks you for your time.

Hi Spider,

I was wondering if this mod will be updated to 16.3 or is it going to stay 16.2? I wanted to start a game with friends but don't want to start a new game when 16.3 gets updated since the fun pimps made a major change from 16.2 to 16.3 and had to start a new game in vanilla to get decent random gen map.

Thanks

Spider, hello, I'm sorry if you already answered, but I'm going crazy looking like I could unlock the making of alcohol? I know it's done in the still, but I do not find how. Greetings and thanks.

hi apanax, alcohol i think can only be made by profession class, which is Chef and Bouncer

Is it possible for me to have True Survival Multi player game and have my friend join me even though she doesn't have the launcher? Or does she have to have the launcher? Or how do i get my friend and i on the same server? Like you do in vanilla she just joins my game through steam.

Is that possible?

Now that the bulk of the mod is updated and running fairly smoothly I'm starting to work on new stuff and things that didnt carry over from the A15 Mod into the A16 version. So I am very happy to announce, exclusively in True Survival (at lest until everyone poaches it lol)

Welcome Back Functioning Followers!

In the next mod patch you will once again be able to gather a team of survivors to your cause. Either to help defend you or to be used as zombie fodder. Simple hit any friendly survivor and they will Follow you (much longer then A15 followers). They will also now protect themselves from any attackers accept players. So they will fight of wild animals but not hunt them, aim up/down to fight off any zombie now and fight off those nasty Bandits.

@Apamax-

You unlock Grain Alcohol by leveling your Cooking Skill. You can see what you unlock in cooking by flipping through the Cooking Skill Level Details. Here is the Cooking Skill Tree Gate Path the "unlock_level" is the level in Cooking Skill you need-

<recipe name="flour" unlock_level="5" />
		<recipe name="bread" unlock_level="5" />
		<recipe name="goldenRodTea" unlock_level="10" />
		<recipe name="redTea" unlock_level="10" />
		<recipe name="baconAndEggs" unlock_level="15" />
		<recipe name="friedEggOmelet" unlock_level="15" />
		<recipe name="fruitJuice" unlock_level="20" />
                       <recipe name="veggieJuice" unlock_level="20" />
		<recipe name="vegetableStew" unlock_level="35" />
		<recipe name="bearStew" unlock_level="35" />
		<recipe name="heartyStew" unlock_level="35" />
		<recipe name="applePie" unlock_level="40" />
		<recipe name="carrotCake" unlock_level="40" />
		<recipe name="blueberryPie" unlock_level="40" />
		<recipe name="simpleMealSmall" unlock_level="45" />
		<recipe name="simpleMealMedium" unlock_level="45" />
		<recipe name="simpleMealLarge" unlock_level="45" />
		<recipe name="megaCrush" unlock_level="50" />
		<recipe name="honeyGlazedMeatSmall" unlock_level="55" />
		<recipe name="honeyGlazedMeatMedium" unlock_level="55" />
		<recipe name="honeyGlazedMeatLarge" unlock_level="55" />
		<recipe name="beer" unlock_level="60" />
		<recipe name="mead" unlock_level="60" />
		<recipe name="grainAlcohol" unlock_level="60" />
		<recipe name="goodMealSmall" unlock_level="65" />
		<recipe name="goodMealMedium" unlock_level="65" />
		<recipe name="goodMealLarge" unlock_level="65" />
		<recipe name="brainShnitzel" unlock_level="75" />
		<recipe name="wellnessJuice" unlock_level="80" />
		<recipe name="healthyMealSmall" unlock_level="90" />
		<recipe name="healthyMealMedium" unlock_level="90" />
		<recipe name="healthyMealLarge" unlock_level="90" />

Make sure you stay in the campfire and Food Prep Table when cooking to get your Cooking XP. Also Chef and Bouncer learn Grain Alcohol from the start

@PotatoLegacy-

No the mod will not be updated to A16.3 I am waiting on A16.4 to update the mod again.

@MrSamuelAdam-

Everyone playing must have the Mod installed including the Server

@obsidianmcbovril-

Honey will only cure Bio Infection stage 1 and it will only do that if you "use" the item in your hand. Not "eat" it, "use" it. As with all drinks, foods and Meds you should always consume/use item in your hand not in the Crafting Menu. There is a vanilla bug where it will not count you using/eating items if they are used in the Crafting Menu, that bugs been around for ever really.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Someone needs to log on to the server to progress the game to 4am. Meanwhile I'm stuck in the ass end of nowhere with 40+ zombies chasing me down. haha

Zombie dogs in the science lab is a nice touch. Didn't it used to be bears?

Spider: There is no "use" option for honey. either in hand or in backpack. no alternate mouse button use either. Unless I'm still missing something.

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

Now that the bulk of the mod is updated and running fairly smoothly I'm starting to work on new stuff and things that didnt carry over from the A15 Mod into the A16 version. So I am very happy to announce, exclusively in True Survival (at lest until everyone poaches it lol)

Welcome Back Functioning Followers!

In the next mod patch you will once again be able to gather a team of survivors to your cause. Either to help defend you or to be used as zombie fodder. Simple hit any friendly survivor and they will Follow you (much longer then A15 followers). They will also now protect themselves from any attackers accept players. So they will fight of wild animals but not hunt them, aim up/down to fight off any zombie now and fight off those nasty Bandits.

@Apamax-

You unlock Grain Alcohol by leveling your Cooking Skill. You can see what you unlock in cooking by flipping through the Cooking Skill Level Details. Here is the Cooking Skill Tree Gate Path the "unlock_level" is the level in Cooking Skill you need-

<recipe name="flour" unlock_level="5" />
		<recipe name="bread" unlock_level="5" />
		<recipe name="goldenRodTea" unlock_level="10" />
		<recipe name="redTea" unlock_level="10" />
		<recipe name="baconAndEggs" unlock_level="15" />
		<recipe name="friedEggOmelet" unlock_level="15" />
		<recipe name="fruitJuice" unlock_level="20" />
                       <recipe name="veggieJuice" unlock_level="20" />
		<recipe name="vegetableStew" unlock_level="35" />
		<recipe name="bearStew" unlock_level="35" />
		<recipe name="heartyStew" unlock_level="35" />
		<recipe name="applePie" unlock_level="40" />
		<recipe name="carrotCake" unlock_level="40" />
		<recipe name="blueberryPie" unlock_level="40" />
		<recipe name="simpleMealSmall" unlock_level="45" />
		<recipe name="simpleMealMedium" unlock_level="45" />
		<recipe name="simpleMealLarge" unlock_level="45" />
		<recipe name="megaCrush" unlock_level="50" />
		<recipe name="honeyGlazedMeatSmall" unlock_level="55" />
		<recipe name="honeyGlazedMeatMedium" unlock_level="55" />
		<recipe name="honeyGlazedMeatLarge" unlock_level="55" />
		<recipe name="beer" unlock_level="60" />
		<recipe name="mead" unlock_level="60" />
		<recipe name="grainAlcohol" unlock_level="60" />
		<recipe name="goodMealSmall" unlock_level="65" />
		<recipe name="goodMealMedium" unlock_level="65" />
		<recipe name="goodMealLarge" unlock_level="65" />
		<recipe name="brainShnitzel" unlock_level="75" />
		<recipe name="wellnessJuice" unlock_level="80" />
		<recipe name="healthyMealSmall" unlock_level="90" />
		<recipe name="healthyMealMedium" unlock_level="90" />
		<recipe name="healthyMealLarge" unlock_level="90" />

Make sure you stay in the campfire and Food Prep Table when cooking to get your Cooking XP. Also Chef and Bouncer learn Grain Alcohol from the start

@PotatoLegacy-

No the mod will not be updated to A16.3 I am waiting on A16.4 to update the mod again.

@MrSamuelAdam-

Everyone playing must have the Mod installed including the Server

@obsidianmcbovril-

Honey will only cure Bio Infection stage 1 and it will only do that if you "use" the item in your hand. Not "eat" it, "use" it. As with all drinks, foods and Meds you should always consume/use item in your hand not in the Crafting Menu. There is a vanilla bug where it will not count you using/eating items if they are used in the Crafting Menu, that bugs been around for ever really.

Yesssssssss...... you devil you figured it out :triumphant:

@Apamax-

I really appreciate the response (from an unconditional TS fan), thank you.

@altug-

I checked the code on the boiled meat and its set to return a empty jar correctly I imagine the above is the problem

@caatalyst-

After its been out a while and I have had a chance to polish it if you still haven't figured it out I could show you how to disable them. It would just be deleting a few lines to do it. But like always I ask that you try the meal before you season it.

@altug-

I checked the code on the boiled meat and its set to return a empty jar correctly I imagine the above is the problem

@caatalyst-

After its been out a while and I have had a chance to polish it if you still haven't figured it out I could show you how to disable them. It would just be deleting a few lines to do it. But like always I ask that you try the meal before you season it.

AmaZing dude thank you and thanks for creating such an awesome mod.

"All work station beside smelters (forge; Blast Furnace; Food Prep) requires the player to stay inside them for them to run. Most Workstation recipes are 5 seconds now, with perks they can be 1 second."

I really want to try this mod because it looks amazing, but this throws me off completely because if I'm reading it correctly you have to have the workbench/forge open while its crafting something? Seems like a tedious and not fun game mechanic, if I am reading it properly is there a way to disable that?

"All work station beside smelters (forge; Blast Furnace; Food Prep) requires the player to stay inside them for them to run. Most Workstation recipes are 5 seconds now, with perks they can be 1 second."

I really want to try this mod because it looks amazing, but this throws me off completely because if I'm reading it correctly you have to have the workbench/forge open while its crafting something? Seems like a tedious and not fun game mechanic, if I am reading it properly is there a way to disable that?

It really isn't that annoying with the cut down craft times. The crafting is very well reworked out and thought out. This mod is awesome dude go play it.