True Survival

Spider

Classes that could use a buff:

Carpenter, Iron Worker, Steel Worker, Mason, and Bouncer seem a bit lackluster to me. Ideas:

Combine Carpenter & Mason, call it "Builder":

Starting Recipes - All Wood Frames, Brick Frames, and Cobblestone Frames

Starting Bonus Stats – 10% Faster Crafting, 10% (up from 5%) faster repair time

Starting Bonus Gear- Claw Hammer 300q, Brick Hammer 300q

Mason (rework):

Starting Recipes - All Concrete Frames & Reinforced Concrete Frames

Starting Bonus Stats - 5% More Block Damage, 5% Faster Crafting, 5% Faster Repair Time

Starting Bonus Gear - Concrete Sledge 300q, Crowbar 300q

Combine Iron Worker & Steel Worker, call it "Metal Worker":

Starting Recipes – All Scrap Iron Frames & Steel (Forged) Frames

Starting Bonus Stats –5% More Block Damage, 10% (up from 5%) Faster Repair Time

Starting Bonus Gear- wrench 300q, Welder Tool 300q

I like this idea

Hey Spider, it's Lopezien. About the missing quests even after reading the 3 books/notes, should I be reset again ? Did I do someting wrong when updated/refreshed files ? As said, I closed 7D2D launcher, reopened it, and then clicked on "Play Mod" (underlined "Refresh the Mods folder and Play") with "Refresh Mods Automatically" tick box active since forever.

Please, let me know if further steps need to be performed and don't hesitate to wipe my character again, I'll empty my bag in chest in 5 minutes. Cheers

Edited by pinedepin (see edit history)

Ok, thankyou. My steam ID is 76561198139834410, I'll let you know if everything goes correctly.

Cheers !

EDIT : As I chose chief I could cook grain alcohol. There are two recipes, one consisting of 5 corn meal + 1 water, the other only 1 water. Both give 1 grain alcohol, isn't it strange ? And should 1 boiled clean water give alcohol in real life ? :)

@pinedepin-

Done

*All resets are done around 8AM EST. Please post your 17 number Steam ID with your request to have your player reset on The Official True Survival Server

ip : 172.96.166.18

port : 24565

password : dead

*Current players please make sure your files are current before logging in.

*First time players before logging into the Server for the first time please start up a SP game to insure you have the Mod installed properly

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

The "Learning to Build with Reinforced Concrete" quest seems to be bugged for me. It's not active on my quest list anymore. It was, when I first created my character, but now it's gone.

I put a crowbar in my inventory and mined 1000 ConcreteMix. Both of those quests are greyed out (in the completed quest list). However my current skill unlock status under Reinforced Concrete Building is 1/3.

Actually now that I'm typing this out, I remember getting a console error when I mined my 1000th ConcreteMix. I didn't think anything about it at the time.

EDIT: Also, Veggie Juice isn't giving Stamina when consumed.

Edited by daydark (see edit history)

Hi Spider, thx for the reset. Still, I had another issue. I spawned with no profession bag.

But I think I understand what's going on. When I first try to connect to the server, I always get kicked once. It's been like that forever almost. At "Generating distant terrain" step, I can hear the sounds around me (wind if outside, campfire if at base...) then I get kicked with this message :

"Server disconnected you :

Steam kicked you: Steam client is not fully connected. Try restarting the Steam client."

Then I'm back on game menu page, I try to connect again and it always works the second time, no need to restart Steam or anything.

However, even if kicked, the game must consider I'm spawned in world and I must be losing my profession suit case.

Any idea on how I could handle this issue please ?

Thx in advance

People need to realize that if you complete one of the skill training quests that they will get a skill book added to their inventory and if it happens to be full it will drop to the ground. It has happened to me several times with woodworking and concrete quests. I would image the farming quest is similar in the way it give you the next set of skills.

TLDR; Be sure you have open inventory space when completing a quest so you don't lose the skillbooks that are often handed out at completion.

PS: With a lv 1 concrete sledgehammer I can 1 shot concrete blocks. Not sure if that's the intended behavior but I can tell you I finished the concrete quest stage 2 in about 5 minutes after finding the sledgehammer.

@Deven-

I dont know what else to do. This is pulled straight from the quest text

"You can't live off moldy Twinkies forever and sooner or later all the food in the world will spoil so you better know how to grow your own by then. Let's start off with something easy. Collect these tree seeds and plant them to begin your Farming quest chain.When you complete these quest you will receive a Farmer's Almanac that when read will unlock the next Farming perk. Be sure to have inventory room when completing and read the book immediately."

And all the quest that give a item you need say something similar at the end.

@pinedepin-

Do you have a high ping or bad internet?

I have an issue that I cant seem to find the cause. On the server I connect and can play no problem. But if I try SP, I get a strange hybrid of True Survival and Vanilla. I use the mod launcher so I don't think I need to download extra files right?. Also with the mod launcher I direct the game to another location and not the 7 days folder. Can anyone suggest what may be going wrong?

@Spider

My internet connection is pretty good, never get any disconnection. My ping is from 20 to 90, so not too bad either.

But it's definitely a recurring issue, I get kicked once every time I launch the game through 7D2D launcher and firstly try to connect to the server. Then, no issues to log in by just trying a second time.

Strangely, I didn't get this problem when you released the mod 2 weeks ago, I was spawned ingame with the profession suitcase (but can't remember if got kicked once too at begining).

And yesterday, when I firstly logged in after the full reset of everybody, you came to me to give me the suitcase, how did you know I didn't have any ?

@Wolves Hero

To get a healthy diet again, eat some food that have "Nutrition" in description, above or below wellness attributes (MRE, kabobs, healthy meal...). After a while eating those, you'll get no diet message because you're not on bad diet anymore, then good diet, then balanced diet, and finally healthy diet. But you need to eat a good bunch of them to go from a status to another.

@Wolves Hero

To get a healthy diet again, eat some food that have "Nutrition" in description, above or below wellness attributes (MRE, kabobs, healthy meal...). After a while eating those, you'll get no diet message because you're not on bad diet anymore, then good diet, then balanced diet, and finally healthy diet. But you need to eat a good bunch of them to go from a status to another.

Boom! went 'Balance Diet' I guess take long 4-6 days changed.

I have an issue that I cant seem to find the cause. On the server I connect and can play no problem. But if I try SP, I get a strange hybrid of True Survival and Vanilla. I use the mod launcher so I don't think I need to download extra files right?. Also with the mod launcher I direct the game to another location and not the 7 days folder. Can anyone suggest what may be going wrong?

Same here. I followed the install steps for the mod launcher but when i start a Sp game I dont get the starting class selection and load outs and the hud looks to be vanilla ( the mod in the bottom left hand corner showing health etc hasnt loaded ). The quests are also missing but the skills menu is TS not vanilla.

But this is how i fixed it. After you run uninstall 7DTD go to your steam 7DTD folder and either delete it or rename it. Then if you have ever played TS Mod before go to the C:7DTD folder and delete or rename the True Survival folder. Then reinstall 7DTD, roll it back to 16.2 open the mod launcher and reinstall TS - this should take a while to complete. Voila playable TS.

Edited by Jolly (see edit history)

@Spider

My internet connection is pretty good, never get any disconnection. My ping is from 20 to 90, so not too bad either.

But it's definitely a recurring issue, I get kicked once every time I launch the game through 7D2D launcher and firstly try to connect to the server. Then, no issues to log in by just trying a second time.

Strangely, I didn't get this problem when you released the mod 2 weeks ago, I was spawned ingame with the profession suitcase (but can't remember if got kicked once too at begining).

And yesterday, when I firstly logged in after the full reset of everybody, you came to me to give me the suitcase, how did you know I didn't have any ?

Same thing has just happened to my friend. but she never got kicked. Picked class, got nothing from bag. Can you reset her please? steam ID 76561198296405916

Edit: we are using the same internet connection from my home so it's not internet connection related. Both hard wired through same router.

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

Player Resets

Done-baatrezu

Done-obsidianmcbovril

*All resets are done around 8AM EST. Please post your 17 number Steam ID with your request to have your player reset on The Official True Survival Server

*First time players before logging into the Server for the first time please start up a SP game to insure you have the Mod installed properly

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Player Resets

Done-baatrezu

Done-obsidianmcbovril

Same problem again. I even tried to take stuff from the bag one at a time. Bag exploded when I took a certain item(can' t recall what) but have no class. I managed to loot keystone, painkillers and water. Reset required again please. There's some problem here. ID 76561198296405916

Edit: I just tried on SP to recreate problem and the bag explodes giving me no items when I try to loot the fitness instructor perk from Prof bag.

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)