True Survival

Spider

@therdre-

That needs to be updated. It should say-

"Most workstations besides smelters (forge; Blast Furnace; Food Prep) requires the player to stay inside them for them to run. Most Workstation recipes are 4 seconds now, with perks they can be lowered to 1 second. All workstation must be stayed in if you want to get your crafting XP from them"

In Detail-

-Forges(smelters) work without the players presence like vanilla, though as stated you still need to be in them to get crafting XP.

-Other workstations with recipes that take a long time like the Still, Fermentation Barrel, Oil Refinery and Drying Rack also do not need the player in them to function. These long craft time workstations give no XP so you dont have to worry about being in them when crafting finishes.

-Others like the Workbench, Chemistry Station, Anvil, Mortar & Pastel and Stone Mill will not function without the player being in them. To balance that all of these workstations craft times are 4 seconds and if you put points into it you can get it down to all craft time 1 second. So crafting at these benches is very fast.

-The Campfire does not need the player to stay in it to function so that the fire can stay lit for warmth and light, But the player must stay in the campfire when cooking if they want to level their cooking skill to unlock better food recipes. Like the other workstations that you want to get XP from the campfires craft times are all 4 seconds and with points can get down to 1 second craft times. Even boiling water

I hope this better explains how these new feature effect game play for you. It is meant to feel more quasi realistic without being a time drain.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

hi Spider, might or might not be a bug.

tested the last farmer quest in SP, making fertilizer, creative mode, i edit the crafting time so can craft very fast.

the quest require to craft 500 fertilizer, but after crafting past 250 fertilizers, the count goes back to 0 again.

not sure on mp mode. but if in mp mode has the same bug, somebody gonna be seriously pissed off when the crafting count goes back to 0 again after getting past 250.

Check It Out First Hand!

Spider did a great job on this mod. This mod adds much more fear, excitement, and difficulty to the vanilla 7 days to die game and it is completely awesome!

I got the go ahead from Spider to post my twitch here to show off the mod first hand and I will also be answering any questions related to it. Come and check it out, ask questions and have fun.

I know before I start a game, I always like to see it before hand so I thought this may help some of you get an idea of the game.

I am starting a fresh new game with my cousin and I on Monday, 09/18/2017, if people are curious about the starting out (which is the most difficult part).

Will be going live:

Around 5:00 PM (PST) nightly.

If i am not live when you get there, drop a follow on twitch and/or twitter and I will be posting there when I am going live.

Spider, please help me.

Playing other modpack well. This modpack is not runing...

Download 16.2 vanilla with steam.

Starting the 7d2d launcher, select your modpack, select "copy from an existing copy*" settings.

The STEAM vanilla games, copy other folder, and select it "pick up folder".

Download, and install the "c:\7d2d\True_Survival\True_Survival_A16.2\ folder.

Not working, loading vanilla game, if i play the launcher (with or without EAC). If i play the folder "exe" not wirking. Only loading VANILLA.

What i doing wrong?

OMG! I making the working game:

- the launcher, NOT copied correctly the mod files.

- manual copy the "c:\7D2D\True_Survival\True_Survival_A16.2\TempMods" ALL files the folder, OWERWRITE all, and loading CORRECT!

- Why not copied automatic the launcher? I don't know, because the War Of The Walkers modpack is working automaticly.

Edited by DevEagle (see edit history)

Spider, please help me.

Playing other modpack well. This modpack is not runing...

Download 16.2 vanilla with steam.

Starting the 7d2d launcher, select your modpack, select "copy from an existing copy*" settings.

The STEAM vanilla games, copy other folder, and select it "pick up folder".

Download, and install the "c:\7d2d\True_Survival\True_Survival_A16.2\ folder.

Not working, loading vanilla game, if i play the launcher (with or without EAC). If i play the folder "exe" not wirking. Only loading VANILLA.

What i doing wrong?

OMG! I making the working game:

- the launcher, NOT copied correctly the mod files.

- manual copy the "c:\7D2D\True_Survival\True_Survival_A16.2\TempMods" ALL files the folder, OWERWRITE all, and loading CORRECT!

- Why not copied automatic the launcher? I don't know, because the War Of The Walkers modpack is working automaticly.

If you had clicked on Test Mod, then it would download the mod only. However, it'll only copy the files over into the environment after you hit the Play button in the Mod Launcher.

@MrSamuelAdam-

The instructions for installing the Mod on a server are on the front page

@Galenmacil-

Yes I am working on polish now so please let me know of any missing icons(for items the player gets in inventory), spelling errors or items that need descriptions or need better descriptions.

@altug-

-That is normal game mechanics all scraping in the game functions like that. You get 75% back for player scraping and 100% back when smelted in a smelting workstation

-Intended, please read the items descriptions. I try to put the information in game so you have everything you need to play and don't need to go to online sources to figure things out. But none of that works if you don't read it. Also not only do those items explain in the descriptions what they are used for so does your quest to use them, so you might want to "READ" them also.

True Survival Obituary-

The server morns the lose of a another survivor. Galenmacil body was found revenged by the horde last night and his remains laid to rest in his garden. RIP Galenmacil

Player Galenmacil Has Been Reset

*All resets are done around 8AM EST. Please post your 17 number Steam ID with your request to have your player reset on The Official True Survival Server

ip : 172.96.166.18

port : 24565

password : deadrat

*Current players please make sure your files are current before logging in.

*First time players before logging into the Server for the first time please start up a SP game to insure you have the Mod installed properly

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

I'm really enjoying the mod so far. It's brought back some of that "Oh crap, I'm going to die" feeling I miss from when I first starting playing Seven Days to Die. Couple questions:

You can create wood blocks with and without the workbench. The recipe requirements are the same though. I would expect you to be more efficient at building stuff using the workbench. True, it's faster on the bench, but I was expecting to use less nails or something (the idea being you wouldn't waste as many trying to hammer nails in without a workbench)

I see you're homing in on another patch where you'll have the friendly NPC working again... which is awesome! I'm absolutely not trying to rush you, but I'm just about to start up another multiplayer server, and just was curious about your timeline. If you think you'll be done today, I'll wait until you're done so that I can patch it before starting it up.

Spider,

quest bug.

1. the reinforced concrete (concrete mix) quest, after i complete the 1st task (gather 1k concrete mix), i got a null reference error and i think that NRE made the 2nd task (create 100 rebar frame) didn't appear in the quest list.

2. not sure if you noticed my previous report about the last farming quest, i tested in SP, when we craft more than 250 fertilizer, it reset back to 0 again, thus making it unable to progress or complete the quest.

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

Do I need a profession key if I'm able to craft another profession from skill pages?

If so how do I obtain another profession key?

Also any tips for being able to make planks? Do I need to scavenge 5 glue, build the research bench then study a plank? The glue seems like a huge gate.

Also what should I have prepared before the first 7 day horde? I don't think I can learn how to build wood frames or planks before then... Will spike traps and wood log traps be enough?

Edited by The13thRonin (see edit history)

Do I need a profession key if I'm able to craft another profession from skill pages?

If so how do I obtain another profession key?

Also any tips for being able to make planks? Do I need to scavenge 5 glue, build the research bench then study a plank? The glue seems like a huge gate.

Also what should I have prepared before the first 7 day horde? I don't think I can learn how to build wood frames or planks before then... Will spike traps and wood log traps be enough?

You don't need a profession key at any time. You can just punch the profession box to unlock it.

The plank recipe is a reward for completing the 'working with wood' quest line.

It can be tough to learn/build a defensive building in time for the 7 day horde. I usually just find the tallest POI building in my area and crouch/hide/fight at the highest point on that building. Some nights i don't encounter a single zombie.

I have collected 20 skill pages... Where do I find the inkpen so I can craft some extra professions for myself?

it's random loot only. you can even find it in a trash sometimes.

btw, you need 20 profession books to unlock an extra profession, which means you'll need 200 skill pages. (1 profession book need 10 skill pages)

it's random loot only. you can even find it in a trash sometimes.

btw, you need 20 profession books to unlock an extra profession, which means you'll need 200 skill pages. (1 profession book need 10 skill pages)

What the heck? How am I supposed to get 200 skill pages? I looted an entire bookstore and several zombies worth and I have 20!?

Spider,

quest bug.

1. the reinforced concrete (concrete mix) quest, after i complete the 1st task (gather 1k concrete mix), i got a null reference error and i think that NRE made the 2nd task (create 100 rebar frame) didn't appear in the quest list.

2. not sure if you noticed my previous report about the last farming quest, i tested in SP, when we craft more than 250 fertilizer, it reset back to 0 again, thus making it unable to progress or complete the quest.

Confirmed, the reinforced concrete quest is bugged. Collect 1000 then null ref error. No quest chain continuation.

What the heck? How am I supposed to get 200 skill pages? I looted an entire bookstore and several zombies worth and I have 20!?

oh, spider already corrected me, 1 profession page needs 20 skill pages, meaning you'll need 400 skill pages then. xD

well, simply put, it's not gonna be that easy or that quick to get a 2nd profession. but it's attainable, skill pages are common loots, basically you'll need to loot multiple bookstores and you'll also gonna have to travel between cities to be able to attain your 2nd profession. i saw some players in the official servers already able to get their 2nd profession tho, with blood (literally) and sweat, hahah