True Survival

Spider

@splateaux-

No the Zombie Texture Pack is a Client side only thing and does not need to be on the server. Just on the player.

Also I put those instructions on the front page with the Server File Link for anyone else that needs them. Did the instructions work for you did you get it working?

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Quick Question for those who play on the Official Server.

Would you prefer a full game wipe and fresh map on the server or do you want to keep the map and your stashed loot and just reset the characters? I assumed ya'll would want to keep the map but if not let me know.

-----Dont you think that this is the answer))) ---

well, there's that too, hahahah but i didn't know if there's any weapon owned player that can cause severe wound, gash and broken leg at the same time. our current best melee weapon which is spiked club can only cause bleeding and broken leg as far as i'm aware.

I have watch streamers play for an hour without every noticing all the buff they have and then they die like "WTF happening" and blame it on bugs. I have checked the files thoroughly and only the appropriate container is giving the appropriate buffs. Unless someone can give me steps to reproduce this I am writing this off to the player not tending to their buffs.

Could it be that we are tending to a buff, the timer resets, but then the actual 'non tended' buff kicks in anyway?

I'm not new to this game or this mod, and I understand you could think it was player error but it absolutely isn't on my part. I opened an normal kitchen cupboard. That I was using as a quick stash.

Additionally, I still can't log my character after I died since the update. Black screen. Error about out of range exception. argument is out of range. Immediately after 'open spawn window'.

My wellness is below 70 at this point if that is an indicator as to what is wrong here.

I just finished cleaning up the entire directory, and just moving the directories mentioned in your response. After I removed the ! from my gamename (oops), it is now up and running! Thanks again!

I haven't logged into anything other than the console, but I'll give it a whirl in a bit.

@owl79-

-Again another person that refuses to read my post. Why do I even bother responding if your not going to take the time and read? 10 Post before yours and on the same page no less is your answer.

-FYI setting the tools like that will break the balance on the game and make the game beatable in a few hours.

-Are you talking about the Potato Plant or the Potato that you can eat?

-All the files are synced and correct. If you are having those problems it sounds like you may of installed the mod wrong. Are you getting any errors in your output log? Also on the front page along with the Download information there is the date of the last time the Mod files were update so you can tell if yours are current.

Spider, I don't get it. I obviously did read your post about the building tools, you said yourself that they currently don't work right, and I didn't ask any question about that? I just meant to fix them so they're usable, which they were not.

Ok, something must've gone wrong with the first install - I just made a completely fresh one, this time from the update's zipfile (just copy-pasted into a 16.2 vanilla copy, exactly like the first time). That one has the survivors attacking, and I can hear the car alarms. No idea what went wrong with the first one, everything was replaced in that install folder as well, and I had no console errors either - except for these that *still* happen now quietly in the background when I start a game with the console open:

SDX: ResourceWrapper - failed to load assets: Textures/Environment/Spectrums...

Yes, this is exactly what made me think the SP-MP .dlls weren't up to date, sorry for the misunderstanding:

github server file: 7DaysToDie_ServerData/Managed (assembly-csharp and other files) was updated 8 days ago.

github SP-MP file: 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed was updated 26 days ago.

And I mean the potato plant, it looks more like the full green azalea bushes, not at all like the new potato plants in 16.2 vanilla.

potato.jpg.e6a2e337585a88ffaf22b27cf0db4822.jpg

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)

Hmm, now I can't decide which 2 classes I want to pick after the wipe (have 20 profession pages waiting)... what is everyone else thinking?

I usually go Fitness Instructor for the run/walk speed, but if you maintain a Healthy Diet, you already run so fast anyways that I'm considering other classes...

Has anyone else tried out the Cop's Nightstick? Is the damage any good or is it just good for breaking legs?

Soldier's static bonuses seem really good (15% dismemberment chance, 10% faster reload). Does this stack with Cop's 10% dismemberment chance?

Can Steel weapons break the Ammo Crates? Or must you get the Lockpick tool from Thief to open them?

What does "Doctor Book" do?

Chemist gets Oil Shale which could be nice for making Gas to power generators..

Edited by daydark (see edit history)

Hmm, now I can't decide which 2 classes I want to pick after the wipe (have 20 profession pages waiting)... what is everyone else thinking?

I usually go Fitness Instructor for the run/walk speed, but if you maintain a Healthy Diet, you already run so fast anyways that I'm considering other classes...

Has anyone else tried out the Cop's Nightstick? Is the damage any good or is it just good for breaking legs?

Soldier's static bonuses seem really good (15% dismemberment chance, 10% faster reload)

Chemist gets Oil Shale..

Can Steel weapons break the Ammo Crates? Or must you get the Lockpick tool from Thief to open them?

What does "Doctor Book" do?

Thief is nerfed by the fact you need steel to make the lockpicks. Pretty sure steel opens munitions boxes because they are made of steel. Same as iron can break safes. I won't take theif again.

Chemist was great for me on the test server because you can make stims. Stims can keep you alive in a tight spot. Not being able to make grain alcohol with it seems poor.

Pretty sure most people on the PVP server takes a class that starts with a weapon IE cop, soldier, park ranger.

My personal favorite is chemist at this point having tried most now.

Never tried cop.

tested cop in a single player, the night stick kinda stupid. it said 100% to break the leg of zombies, but it seems it didn't do as it was told. the zombie just kinda have leg hurt animation and continue chasing us. i will stick to soldier for now. bov u gonna take chemist? lope seems gonna take chef. then i think it will solve your alcohol problem, hahah

tested cop in a single player, the night stick kinda stupid. it said 100% to break the leg of zombies, but it seems it didn't do as it was told. the zombie just kinda have leg hurt animation and continue chasing us. i will stick to soldier for now. bov u gonna take chemist? lope seems gonna take chef. then i think it will solve your alcohol problem, hahah

I am but I'm gonna lose all the stuff I have on me at the moment. The game seems to think I'm dead dead I think, yet my wellness is around sixty something. Been like that since last night.

Alcohol problem? I was drunk that ONE time! hahahaa

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

@Vormithrax-

I swear some of you guys must just log on to the forums and without reading absolutely anything just start posting. I don't have the time or energy to respond/answer the same question over and over on every page. Please read before posting. At the very lest you could read my updates/post.

@owl79-

-Again another person that refuses to read my post. Why do I even bother responding if your not going to take the time and read? 10 Post before yours and on the same page no less is your answer.

Spider I do read the posts/updates to keep up to date. Your most recent update message did NOT say "Hey folks all the tools are currently broken and i am working on it!" Your message just asked for some help regarding some xml files problem, and yes i did notice that it regarded toolcategory items. That's why i asked in my message if the broken tools problem i was reporting had to do with that part of your message. Your message was unclear/incomplete and i needed clarification so i could stop wasting my time in game testing it. I understand that you get alot of repeat/useless requests but Owl79 and I have been reporting real bugs/problems and don't deserve the grief over this miscommunication.

I don't see an issue with any of the tools. If you use them for what they're suppose to be used for, they work fine. By adjusting their bonus damage values you make them work on things they shouldn't. I have also spent a lot of hours (over 30 with this release) in game and have never been hurt by a container in any way. I think it's something else that's hurting you.

As far as starting classes go, I'll choose Thief everytime, Not only do you get the lockpick gun (which is super handy) but mostly for the awesome passives. Enhanced sneak speed, lower noise generation, faster loot times (cars,safes) not to mention the free treasure hunter skill.

The only issue I've encountered is with the food system. Once I lose the 'Good Diet' buff, it seems impossible to get it back, no matter what I eat :(

I have also spent a lot of hours (over 30 with this release) in game and have never been hurt by a container in any way. I think it's something else that's hurting you.

I'm level 65 so I've also put in a lot of hours. And I assure you, it's a bug that occurs randomly. The last time it happened I had been in my base for hours crafting. I wasn't treating any bite wounds or gashes or anything. My only buff was "Healthy Diet." I opened (or closed?) my main "raw materials" container and boom, Severe Wound+Gash.

It's fine though, since I can't give instructions on how to reproduce it, I anticipate Spider would have a very difficult time tracking down the problem. Hell, it might even be a problem with the base code (non-mod related).

As far as starting classes go, I'll choose Thief everytime, Not only do you get the lockpick gun (which is super handy) but mostly for the awesome passives. Enhanced sneak speed, lower noise generation, faster loot times (cars,safes) not to mention the free treasure hunter skill.

Yeah in past versions I've taken Thief. My understanding is that right now the stealth/detection system is broken (in vanilla, thus also in TS) so I'm not really sure how that is interacting with Zs in TS. Anyways, I've done Thief enough that I'm looking to branch out :)

The only issue I've encountered is with the food system. Once I lose the 'Good Diet' buff, it seems impossible to get it back, no matter what I eat :(

Yeah it can be difficult. I find it best to eat MREs until I get to Healthy Diet, and then eat regular foods that increase wellness. Once I drop from Healthy to Balanced Diet, I'll eat another MRE or two to get back to Healthy.

In A16 I always pick Doctor. Best survivability from the start. For every 2 painkillers or Stimulants you find you can craft 3 shots.

the infected killing shots are a hoot

Oh, and if you want any more npc archetypes than the first batch i made let me know spider, im still tinkerin.

Made some fallout baddies today.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

I am but I'm gonna lose all the stuff I have on me at the moment. The game seems to think I'm dead dead I think, yet my wellness is around sixty something. Been like that since last night.

Alcohol problem? I was drunk that ONE time! hahahaa

Bov, I went to the outpost to look for your backpack so I could store ur stuff but I couldn't find it. Any idea where it might be? Or try logging in ( if it will let you) just to store ur stuff and log back out.

Bov, I went to the outpost to look for your backpack so I could store ur stuff but I couldn't find it. Any idea where it might be? Or try logging in ( if it will let you) just to store ur stuff and log back out.

I'll try now, but I died just outside the front of the building on the grass in front of the pavement.

I'm logged but still blank screen. Maybe my bag will show now? I can see you guys chatting in the log output.

Never mind. I'm not actually dead at this point. So I have everything on me. I just can't load my character to unload all the stuff.

I can't remember if I actually retrieved my stuff after I died. I was up against a wandering horde so logged off.

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

I have spent some time today thinking about the different Class choices in the game. I feel like some of them offer a lot more than others. I realize Spider might not want to make any changes to them, but I thought it would be a fun discussion anyways. Here are my thoughts. Would love to hear other peoples' opinions as well.

Classes I think are in a good spot:

Doctor, Chef, Chemist, Fitness Instructor, Soldier, and Thief all feel like compelling & rewarding class choices.

Classes that could use a tweak:

Mechanic: At first glance this class doesn't seem very good, but you will save a TON of skill points by auto-unlocking Auger and Chainsaw. Only change I might make here to make it more enticing is to possibly add Nailgun?

Park Ranger: To be fair I haven't tried this in A16. I tried it in A15 and the Spears and Javelins felt really lackluster to me. Maybe some of you can chime in here? Maybe it's those weapons that could use a small buff?

Fireman: I want to like this class. I think all the perks for it are pretty good, but the class just doesn't feel as attractive as the tier 1 classes I listed above. Either adding +5% movement speed, or possibly increasing +5% stamina to +10% more would make the class more attractive.

Electrician: Similar with Fireman. This is actually a really strong class. But it's not Tier 1 in my book. I think it becomes one of the top choices as a 2nd or 3rd class to pick up with Profession pages since it will save you a ton of skillpoints for unlocks. Not sure it really needs any tweaks, but I couldn't put it with the tier 1s.

Classes that could use a buff:

Carpenter, Iron Worker, Steel Worker, Mason, and Bouncer seem a bit lackluster to me. Ideas:

Combine Carpenter & Mason, call it "Builder":

Starting Recipes - All Wood Frames, Brick Frames, and Cobblestone Frames

Starting Bonus Stats – 10% Faster Crafting, 10% (up from 5%) faster repair time

Starting Bonus Gear- Claw Hammer 300q, Brick Hammer 300q

Mason (rework):

Starting Recipes - All Concrete Frames & Reinforced Concrete Frames

Starting Bonus Stats - 5% More Block Damage, 5% Faster Crafting, 5% Faster Repair Time

Starting Bonus Gear - Concrete Sledge 300q, Crowbar 300q

Combine Iron Worker & Steel Worker, call it "Metal Worker":

Starting Recipes – All Scrap Iron Frames & Steel (Forged) Frames

Starting Bonus Stats –5% More Block Damage, 10% (up from 5%) Faster Repair Time

Starting Bonus Gear- wrench 300q, Welder Tool 300q

Bouncer:

I like the theme of this class, but everything it can do other classes can do the same or better, and they have other more attractive perks. Maybe change the Starting Gear from Brick Hammer to a Bat or a nice pair of Brass Knuckles, and up the Stamina Drain from a 5% bonus to 10%. Also maybe 5% extra health because they are used to getting in fights?

Unknown:

Cop - This class could fit in Tier 1 or Tier 2 depending on how good the Nightstick is. I've never used it.

Anyways, these are just ideas. The game is just fine how it is, we don't NEED a class re-balance. But I thought it would be fun to have a discussion :)

Bug Patch:

-May or may not require player reset-

Fixed Tools damage

Fixed Frame recipes that were unlocked and not on the right workbench

Added 2 more Starter Quest-

Looted Storage- Teaches players they can pick up loot containers

Crafted Storage- Shows the player their first craftable storage container

Server Players are reset!!

Please update your files before joining server!

New Server Password = dead

I should have some time this week to get some more modding done. Next patch will be bigger.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)