True Survival

Spider

@D3X_87-

Yes I think you missed this part "To join the Test Server-". The download is for a client portion of the mod only and can not be used to run a SP or Server, The mod is not out for SP/MP yet. It is only available for test playing on the test server until the mod is finished . At that time it will be released for SP/ MP/ Servers

Frist life was fun :), you might have to tame down the budgies a bit, had two of those from the sky plus a carnivorous chicken to deal with - all good, their nicely over powered but need way less HP for sure...

I don't know if you've played with the Zeds or Dev's did something... but they were hitting from like 2 meters back at times - one bruise, then one more hit - yr F...... thats awsome when theirs help coming from the budgies and Rabbits at same time... had errors on loading - had to reload TrueServ.. in basic/simple mode in mod-loader so errors departed:

[ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111891321 ]

not exactly nullpionters? all running good otherwise and awaiting death

ps: the dogs had to many hp earlier as well (6 shotguns to head and still chomping) - the thing about the water bowl being a beaker (in fireplace) - found a beaker and it fixed prob.. (It may have only been a Valmod thing?) Lol! "cant fit my round clay pot in the square beaker thingy, Help its broke!"

ill hunt for ??? & errors if I can - as i go ;)

Ud8: wish FunPimps would sort their spawning sh*t out - having to log due to horde of runners spawning in with me in middle, yes could see them spawning in too... ;\ its like watching the star-trek teleporter in action, RUN! - Forest cant even run that fast!

Edited by Rickachae (see edit history)

tested login for the first day. within 10 seconds already being hunted by a hazmat zombies. didn't even managed to put down and pick classes yet. still naked. trying to run, met with another 2 running zombies and 1 running scorched zombies and 1 cop zombies. kinda harsh isn't it ? of course no way to survive on that, being having limited stamina and all. a cop and 3 running zombies on a naked character? lolol,

all starting gear dropped afterward of course. died 3 times later all due to meet with some running zombies. the field vision of the zombies are seriously far. crouching in a hilly grassy mountain and they always spot me first before i even know where they are. suddenly hunted status and seeing them charging full speed at me from afar at noon. the more i run, the more followers i have. this is hardcore indeed :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Hey Spider,

I had a problem last night this morning that when i died, zombies would no longer spawn near me. In fact, sometimes they would spawn but them just pop out of existence. This happened when the server had quite a few people on last night and when it was only me this morning.

Other than that, everything is pretty damn brutal and as nasty as I hoped for. I did feel that the amount of fast moving zombies during day was a bit too much. I know they are supposed to vary in speed but i probably only saw one or two that actually moved slowly. Maybe reduce this a little bit. It is hard enough with killer chickens and bunnies and ferals and cops from the get go. :-D

This is an awesome mod though. I've played for hours already and haven't even found a safe place to get started on barricading a house.

Just got logged into the test server to try the new version out and everything seems to be working so far. Survived 1st day but i will need to do a careful review of the changes before i get back in.

Btw, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like their character is about 3 feet tall? this is the first time i have logged in since the A16 update and while i am liking most of the graphical changes my character seems incredibly short compared to the pre-A16 version. i am finding this very disturbing and was wondering if it was just me feeling this way or am i missing something.

@Rickachae-

Whats a budgies? "their nicely over powered but need way less HP for sure" Are you saying the Infected Chickens that do 1 damage and have 50 hp are over powered?

The zombies hitting from a un reasonable distance is a known bug with the vanilla game that has something to do with Server latency. Nothing I can do about it complain to TFP to give the MP game some love.

That link goes no where.

I have no idea at all what you are trying to say in this next paragraph.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@caatalyst-

I have had this reported a few times and it seems to be linked to a player dieing a lot in a short time and their max wellness getting real low. Its also usually the case when this happens the player with the problem is invisible to everyone else including zombies. Whenever this happens I ask the player to relog and it fixes its self. So I would suggest 2 things. One!, stop dieing so much and two if you run into this problem relog.

If you find a zombie that you think is moving to fast the only way for me to look into it is for you to kill the zombie and get its name. I have over 200 zombies and without its name I cant help.

Infected Chickens, Rabbits and Vultures do barley any damage at all 1 - 2 damage max per hit. They are there to scary you not kill you(sounds like its working). You should only see ferals on Bloodmoon nights. That glowing cop at night is just a normal Cop with a cooler looking skin.

Please remember that the very first information about the mod you are given is in the intro and states-

"Forget what you know about 7 Days to Die it will not help you here. Approach this Mod from a fresh perspective or you will surely be eaten by the horde or surcome to the elements"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Vormithrax-

Ya a few alphas back they made all the grass taller and lowered our view a few inches. Everyone complains about it but you get used to it.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@Rickachae-

Whats a budgies? "their nicely over powered but need way less HP for sure" Are you saying the Infected Chickens that do 1 damage and have 50 hp are over powered?

The zombies hitting from a un reasonable distance is a known bug with the vanilla game that has something to do with Server latency. Nothing I can do about it complain to TFP to give the MP game some love.

That link goes no where.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@caatalyst-

I have had this reported a few times and it seems to be linked to a player dieing a lot in a short time and their max wellness getting real low. Its also usually the case when this happens the player with the problem is invisible to everyone else including zombies. Whenever this happens I ask the player to relog and it fixes its self. So I would suggest 2 things. One!, stop dieing so much and two if you run into this problem relog.

If you find a zombie that you think is moving to fast the only way for me to look into it is for you to kill the zombie and get its name. I have over 200 zombies and without its name I cant help.

Infected Chickens, Rabbits and Vultures do barley any damage at all 1 - 2 damage max per hit. They are there to scary you not kill you(sounds like its working). You should only see ferals on Bloodmoon nights. That glowing cop at night is just a normal Cop with a cooler looking skin.

Please remember that the very first information about the mod you are given is in the intro and states-

"Forget what you know about 7 Days to Die it will not help you here. Approach this Mod from a fresh perspective or you will surely be eaten by the horde or surcome to the elements"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Vormithrax-

Ya a few alphas back they made all the grass taller and lowered our view a few inches. Everyone complains about it but you get used to it.

Haha I know totally dude! I'm loving it so far I really am.

It's funny i was about to ask if you diisabled the zombies for when a players wellness gets super low! I think i may have seen it on another server as well so it might be a dedi server bug. I wish i could stop dying but this ♥♥♥♥ is hard!!!!!! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Just got logged into the test server to try the new version out and everything seems to be working so far. Survived 1st day but i will need to do a careful review of the changes before i get back in.

Btw, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like their character is about 3 feet tall? this is the first time i have logged in since the A16 update and while i am liking most of the graphical changes my character seems incredibly short compared to the pre-A16 version. i am finding this very disturbing and was wondering if it was just me feeling this way or am i missing something.

Some zombies were made taller as well like the bloated dude. This also makes you feel smaller.

@Rickachae-

Ha - budgies are not flightless birds - its the vultures... the rabbits and chickens seem to do 1-2 damage alright, ya step on a brick and they cant reach you half the time :) the vultures seem to do about 1/5th damage to health each time they connect (was lvls 1-4) and I seem to hit them relentlessly even with a steel spiked bat i have at mo (player lvl4 doing 16.? dam from bat) Yes Im accurate and yes i can usually side step them well... yep - Head shots! but now the characters running speeds up things like this arnt such a prob anymore though.

Yay - im on 20+megs a sec and still get the annoying timebase correction prob - i usually get good latency from most places even when theres alot of hops between - it would explain alot though, most games i play are ok till 220-250ms. (noticed the stones when picking them up take like half a sec sometimes) dont think theres much the Devs can do - i had sim probs when supper modding mincraft never got fixed and Epyrion still has alot of this prob, - caused by somehow leaving players in a separete/previous instance running at same time when crossing playing fields due to latency (not when dieing) and persisted at times even after relogging the game... admins had to do full resets to fix.

That link goes no where.

link was to pic in steam - just the error codes when loading mod in adv setting on modloader.

Apology's! - it was Vals Overhaul b4 he was able to upgraded it properly to A16.2, someones update/fix meanwhile put a beaker in place of the clay bowl in the fireplace?, a few other things as well... - it seemed the code was different in A16.2, the mod from A16.1 spat the dummy on people when they tried to update to A16.2 with it - Dah! [fixed it by changing the xml back to the claybowl at my end] - players wondered why it was broke when they tryed to upgrade meanwhile... "fireplace is broke, cant make things, can someone fix it!..." {humor needed here]

Edited by Rickachae
lost half o writeup due to lenght (see edit history)

can't join the test server

after the texture update, now it seems it's loading a bunch of errors during connecting to server, like missing block and texture not found and abort operation and things and stuck forever afterward due to missing block id. i already use the 'refresh mod automatically' from the launcher. is it just me ?

edit :

yea it's just me, after i delete the true survival folder and redownload all again, it load flawlessly without any error.

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

is there a way to try things out via console/creative mode? ^^

Also how can i restard (with full health and chose the other professions?)

Provide your steam id and Spider can delete your in game character so you will start fresh

Thanks again to everyone who is testing, it's been great fun and you will surely reap the rewards when the mod drops for sp and for you to put on your own servers. Much more to come too! I usually play solo on pvp servers nowadays but I'm finding it quite hard without teaming up. So I've been basing with 2 to 3 others during testing and it seems to be paying off in terms of survival. OH, and sorry guys but spider seems to be tweaking the mod to kill me since I haven't died yet. Apologies in advance if life gets more difficult lol.

opening a kitchen cabinet has thrown a "Null Refrence Excption" during the opening part and made game hang with Dev window open, its just rehitting the same ref error each time - everytime/second that the game has retried to fix its hit the nullrefexcpt again (seems to point to object within the cab...) and increases the perk for scavenging each time - its hiking the player levels too, had to alt-F4 in end (didn't seem to be a limit in the hiking ether)

ps: ill keep this under my belt if you dont want to fix this one :)

Upd8:

like how you can pick up the backpacks n bags to use as containers,

Fat ones really do sing when you kill them - the blast radius is huge... Lol.. ouch!,

spitters seem too accurate and/or fast - with no warning they hit you every time when in range,

cant find nails even with the dif tools - Im assuming there not just made in furnace?

lighting in certain buildings seems to drop game down to 10-15fps (larger/long fluro looking lights on the indoor roofs)

when the spawning stops for other players (there deaths) seems to be across the board at times? i can run the city with no spawns for a short period till something triggers them in again.

not one person has flown over me and waved :( Drops could be a god send in the game

Guns and arms are very scarce - as in none? (almost)

have stopped coming across the possessed chickens and rabbits - scorpions are there at times

is it possible to get logs from larger trees as well or something else (fuel logs?) as the fire place eats the twigs like a door slammer on a drag strip. (yea ID limits suck)

i dont find antibiotics of any sort and the yellow tea drinks way up the lvls in meds skill so dissentry is just kills the game - I'm up over lvl 10 had it, dont want it, but lucky i didnt get it at a lower level it will kill players everytime one way or another.

ive never been bitten and given the Z virus in the game yet - even with all the hits and deaths - Normal? (Good if so - not seen it so far)

Q: does the player heal/regen when crouching/standing on a sleeping bag for ? time - Freckin Awesome! if so

another player found the chard meat wont work in fireplace (all others did with all the items for cooking in fire when i tried - not the chard meat)

Lots of logging off n on happening every where... Lol

hope you find any/all info useful

Edited by Rickachae (see edit history)

Upd8:

like how you can pick up the backpacks n bags to use as containers,

Fat ones really do sing when you kill them - the blast radius is huge... Lol.. ouch!,

spitters seem too accurate and/or fast - with no warning they hit you every time when in range,

cant find nails even with the dif tools - Im assuming there not just made in furnace?

lighting in certain buildings seems to drop game down to 10-15fps (larger/long fluro looking lights on the indoor roofs)

when the spawning stops for other players (there deaths) seems to be across the board at times? i can run the city with no spawns for a short period till something triggers them in again.

not one person has flown over me and waved :( Drops could be a god send in the game

Guns and arms are very scarce - as in none? (almost)

have stopped coming across the possessed chickens and rabbits - scorpions are there at times

is it possible to get logs from larger trees as well or something else (fuel logs?) as the fire place eats the twigs like a door slammer on a drag strip. (yea ID limits suck)

i dont find antibiotics of any sort and the yellow tea drinks way up the lvls in meds skill so dissentry is just kills the game - I'm up over lvl 10 had it, dont want it, but lucky i didnt get it at a lower level it will kill players everytime one way or another.

ive never been bitten and given the Z virus in the game yet - even with all the hits and deaths - Normal? (Good if so - not seen it so far)

Q: does the player heal/regen when crouching/standing on a sleeping bag for ? time - Freckin Awesome! if so

another player found the chard meat wont work in fireplace (all others did with all the items for cooking in fire when i tried - not the chard meat)

Lots of logging off n on happening every where... Lol

hope you find any/all info useful

you get nails from using hammer on wood blocks and brick hammer on bricks, level 15 to make on forge

yea, spider is eliminating all poi lighting, if you find one let him know

airdrops are few and far between, veeeeeery few and faaaaaaarr between

check any backpacks/bags you come across for melee weapons and old guns, gun parts are super rare, at least until you can get into safes or are lucky enough to find a stash crate without dying

the zombie chickens and rabbits are very much still there

you get small logs from small trees and large logs from the larger trees

dont get dysentery..... self explanatory

there are antivirals in the game as well as antibiotics if you get an infection, it is rare to get infected as far as i can tell

you can heal on beds quite fast, bigger the better

charred meat? never make it its garbage but thanks for the feedback, keep it coming

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

@Dracos99-

Done

@father123-

Thanks, ya there was a bug and you were not getting the wellness from them. Be aware that you do not get wellness from foods if you have any negative diet effects and you only gain health from foods if you have any positive diet buffs.

Update:

The "For Dummies" books found in loot that give XP to a specific crafting skill can now be scraped into "Skill Paper". Collect 10 Skill Papers and a Ink Pen to craft a Profession Page on a Research Desk

Added Methane Bomb Perk Methane Bombs look like white Propane Gas Tanks and can be filled in the Methane Gas Producer. Once full they can be placed as blocks with base defenses and can be shot causing a explosion in a large area. This explosion does a lot of zombie damage but no block damage. So they can be used freely without damaging other zombie defenses

Lots of other bug fixes

as far as i'm aware, didn't inflicted with any negative diet effect tho in the character windows. unless it's not showing intendedly. so, the only way to raise wellness now is from stimpack ?

oh and speaking of which, the dummies books also seems bugged. trying to read the chemistry dummy book, but it didn't gave any exp at all. checked the progress bar. my chemistry level still lv. 1 at that time, so any increase should be really noticeable.

killed a wolf, got a wolf trophy, description said to craft it into bone to receive huntingcraft experience. tried to do that, but no increase in the huntingcraft experience at all as well.

i've found that empty propane gas tank, but the icon is missing, so no icon at all for that item.

update :

the food kebab wellness is working now XD

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

Thanks again to everyone who is testing, it's been great fun and you will surely reap the rewards when the mod drops for sp and for you to put on your own servers. Much more to come too! I usually play solo on pvp servers nowadays but I'm finding it quite hard without teaming up. So I've been basing with 2 to 3 others during testing and it seems to be paying off in terms of survival. OH, and sorry guys but spider seems to be tweaking the mod to kill me since I haven't died yet. Apologies in advance if life gets more difficult lol.

Yeah, solo is extremely hard, highly recommend if your playing solo to start as a fitness instructor so you get a bat to start with, which can headshot kill zombies in a few hits. If your lucky you will find another bat or gun before that one breaks. Surviving with only a woodclub in the first few days is harsh.

From the A16.3 post-

Hey Survivalist,

We’ve just released Alpha 16.3 Experimental B3 and could really use your help finding the last remaining big issues. As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:

Known Issues

• On-screen keyboard is only available if you start the game from Steam’s Big Picture Mode
  • Smell is not working with the new stealth we will revisit it in a17
  • GlobalUV support inhibits anisotropic filtering and it has to be calculated in the shader.
  • Sleeper spawning issues continue
  • Farming of crops other than yucca and hops affects performance
  • Precipitation and cold temp going through windows, glass blocks, doors, and hatches
  • Excessive use of trigger plates may cause servers to lag during hordes.
  • Creating Player hang issue
  • Player deaths causing them to desync and become invisible
  • Turrets don't have firing sounds (fixed in b4 already)

YA! Its not me I didn't do it. lol vanilla bug

From the A16.3 post-

YA! Its not me I didn't do it. lol vanilla bug

Easy work around for this. If you cant see a player who recently died, go into your video settings and chnage your Gamma a point or 2, then save changes. They will reappear.