True Survival

Spider

Stone Shovel had a Use option. I "used" it and it disappeared completely.

Lockpick gun - Trying to use it on a safe and it requires forged iron apparently. Tried lockpicks on it and nothing worked either. Have 50 lockpicks currently.

If the safe etc is damaged in any way then the lockpick gun will not open it. Has to be repaired first. Dunno about the shovel.

Played some more tonight. Down to 24 wellness but I seem to have caught a break as spawns are disappearing everywhere. I'll be running and see a zombie stand up in a field or a pig walking but as I approach the spawn disappears entirely. It's happening all over the map now.

Also, near tropical areas there's some kind of weird bug that keeps resetting my character's position and playing a game chime repeatedly. It's sometimes hard to break out of it but I've been successful each time it's happened so far. It simply stutters your character and moves the screen up and down sometimes getting blurry and making a game noise over and over.

It happened near radiation also a couple of times so I wondered if that effect was intentional but near the tropical zones I'm not sure.

Thanks for all the participation and feed back this week during our test play. I'm working on updating the mod to 16.2 while fixing bugs and adjusting/balancing the mod systems. I will leave the current game up on the server until the new 16.2 build is ready and then we will start another play test. I hope to have a new test map up tomorrow night or Monday night *fingers crossed*

Just so everyone knows, if you die off and cant re-spawn on the test server because Dead-is-Dead just post your steam id here and I will reset your player on the next server restart.

Ok - so born and instantly killed without being able to apply Profession, so lost everything and just played silly experiments after that using lives up (didn't relies ya cant just remake a new character and spawn in... PLEASE CAN YOU RESET MY CHARACTER!!

STEAM_0:0:108226457

or " Rickachae "

Thanks - i know your kicking in 16.2 in nxt few days...

ps: arrived at small tow/city and had no spawns - reloaded, got spawns but they would attack and hump my feet without killing me - could kill and get xp.... reloaded and fixed.

pps: like what you've done with your mod since a couple o yrs ago... would love to see the skill books and reading take time to read, start - close and come back to them even, (same as sims3 did) would add a whole new dimension to your mod and make players think, [till you fin reading the book it would be very valuable] also fill in time at night... eg: maybe taking 2-5mins for a basic book / 5-7 med / 7-10 adv, food for thought.

can you also make it possible to hide under your vehicles - at the risk of them blowing up and... of coarse ;)

Thanks spider and all, look forward to playing the new update too...

(thanks also for scaring the SH$! outta my wife wile she watches - she loves the game too, Lol)

New test map is up on the server. Server/Mod is updated to 16.2. Test play will last a week or 2 depending. Remember if you get killed off and cant respawn post your steam id# here and I will reset you at the next server restart. Ill post the changes later, have fun don't die!

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

16.2 Update:

Mod updated to 16.2

-Redid Sleeper spawning groups. Starting players will only get slow movers in spawning in POI's at the start and as the players game level increases the variation and deadliness of the possible sleeper spawns will increase.

-Decreased the amount of zombies that spawn for any Sleeper Spawn. This is to help mitigate the consent spawning of sleeper zombies as the player attempts to clear a POI. Our zombies are much more deadly we do not need as many. This also helps with performance.

-Re balanced all zombie HP and lowered XP from killing zombies. Most zombie HP went down and all XP went way down(no power leveling off screamer hordes anymore)

-Added a lot of missing recipes

-Changed Building Type Skills into 3 part Perks that can only be unlocked by completing your "Learning To Building" quest lines. Building quest consist of 4 quest each. #1 Build the proper upgrading/ dismantling Tool. #2 Collect 1000 upgrade material from destroying similar blocks with the tool. #3 Craft 1000 of the Frames. #4 Upgrade 1000 Frames. Complete all 4 and you will unlock all the frames and upgrading materials needed to build that style of blocks.

-Re did loot tables- Completely re did the loot table to include all of the new modded items, blocks and weapons.

-All loot containers now have at lest a small chance for good loot. Making every loot container worth searching always.

-Added new "Animal Containers". The recipe can be unlocked by leveling your Hunting Skill. Use the animal containers on Spider or Scorpion Traps fond in the world to make them your pets. Once they are your pet you can place them and pick them up[ anywhere and they will not bite or sting you. You can also turn your pets back into traps that when placed can not be picked up and bite and sting anything that steps on them.

-Action Skills can not have points purchased

-Crafting skills cost 1 Skill Point per level accumulative. So lv 1 cost 1 point, lv 2 cost 2 points, level 3 cost 3 points and so on.

-Started to organize the Skill/Perk menus

-Infected Vultures no longer can "Grab" the player or cause a zombie "Bite" on the player. Lowered Vulture attack damage to 2 damage but doubled their attack speed. This makes them no longer deadly just annoying.

-Removed the ability to plant and make Coffee Seeds. Changed item name to Coffee Grounds. Coffee is only found in loot.

-Changed the Coffee Plant to be a Wild Bean plant that only grows wild in any wasteland biome. Wild Beans are the only plant that can be broken down into a Protein Serving.

-Added 3 Meat Pies (Small, Medium, Large)that give Nutrition and are made with Protein Serving and a Grain Serving on the Campfire

-Added back in the True Survival Bag Drop System-Zombie loot never disappears. When zombies die they turn into dead body gore blocks and over time the dead body's decay into skeletons and then stay forever until removed. Both Gore stages can be harvested for Rotten Meat and Bones. This helps with looting your kills, adds to the ambiance of the environment(leaving signs of past battles), helps with performance and can be used to track players for PVP.

-And a bunch more bug fixes that are to many to list

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Click on show more info before you start up the mod

This is all that shows in show more info

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Copying \TempMods\Config.xml to \Config.xml... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -nounet... Done

If I click show more info again the box goes blank

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait I've found the info box. THink I've got the password but now how do i find the server? :-D

This is all that shows in show more info

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Prefabs ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Copying \TempMods\Config.xml to \Config.xml... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -nounet... Done

If I click show more info again the box goes blank

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait I've found the info box. THink I've got the password but now how do i find the server? :-D

In the Connect to Server screen in the game, it should populate the box, if you left the Mod Launcher's "Update Registry" setting checked. That's what it does.

@catalst-

From the front page where you get the download info-

To join the Test Server-

Download and install the 7d2dModLauncher from here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

After installing and updating the Mod Launcher copy the page address below then paste it in that field-

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SpiderJZMOD/7D2DModLauncher-File/master/7d2dLauncher.xml

Press Enter.

Uncheck EAC and install (might take a long time the first time)

In the Mod description in the Launcher you will find the current Server Password. Click on "show more information" to see the current sever password. The Server Password will change whenever the clients need refreshing.

After starting game the ip and port will be automatically populated.

@catalst-

To join the Test Server-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

After installing and updating the Mod Launcher copy the page address below then paste it in that field-

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SpiderJZMOD/7D2DModLauncher-File/master/7d2dLauncher.xml

Press Enter.

In the Mod description in the Launcher you will find the current Server Password. Click on "show more information" to see the current sever password. The Server Password will change whenever the clients need refreshing.

Haha so i got in finally and was immediately approached by a snake - Just managed to get my fireman kit and fire axe in time. Ran to a POI with 20 game minutes to night time and had a big fight with the snake. Won the fight and logged as i thought true survival is gunna be too brutal to start at night :-D

Haha so i got in finally and was immediately approached by a snake - Just managed to get my fireman kit and fire axe in time. Ran to a POI with 20 game minutes to night time and had a big fight with the snake. Won the fight and logged as i thought true survival is gunna be too brutal to start at night :-D

Bet you thought the hardest part was getting the mod installed :)

That was just a warm up to what this mod will do to you.

Bet you thought the hardest part was getting the mod installed :)

That was just a warm up to what this mod will do to you.

Hahahaha!

Seriously I have been looking for this level of brutality for ages. I'm glad PVP is also open on the server just to make it more painful.

I haven't even made enough plant fibres yet.

Also whoever did the work on the biomes and new plant life - really nice work. This looks so good - I feel like i'm playing a new game.

@catalst-

To join the Test Server-

Press Enter.

Hey Spider, I downloaded the launcher and updated the mod launcher, Its say True Survival A16.2, Installed the mod, ran the game and the welcome screen is the True Survival but everything else is vanilla :( am i missing something? I checked the items xml etc they are all still vanilla.

Thanks in advance:)

Edited by D3X_87 (see edit history)