True Survival

Spider

Trader Station:

bullet casings dont work when tradeing - infinit sell - and no $ back - nor level increases though if exploited

drinks machine wont work

trade stns at traders not working

trader still kicks you out at night and wont let you set up base in there or take any important things...

old rifle - cant reload ammos - stnd nato and other types...

icons missing on some things in menus - eg:hammer head mold...

i dont get nails when destroying Wood blocks with hammer (ill try a reload)

bed not increasing health - might be me (trying reload)

seems to many runners - at least half spawns around are.

impossible to get anywhere (with out mini bikes) - Wellness + stamina is main prob if wellness low/lacking theres not enough ways to get welness back up meanwhile... due to runners it needs a lower stam decrease limit or something - with all of this its futile with some of the starting professions otherwise...

..<_/were all screwed while we hide\_>..

Edited by Rickachae (see edit history)

Trader Station:

bullet casings dont work when tradeing - infinit sell - and no $ back - nor level increases though if exploited

drinks machine wont work

trade stns at traders not working

trader still kicks you out at night and wont let you set up base in there or take any important things...

old rifle - cant reload ammos - stnd nato and other types...

icons missing on some things in menus - eg:hammer head mold...

i dont get nails when destroying Wood blocks with hammer (ill try a reload)

bed not increasing health - might be me (trying reload)

seems to many runners - at least half spawns around are.

impossible to get anywhere (with out mini bikes) - Wellness + stamina is main prob if wellness low/lacking theres not enough ways to get welness back up meanwhile... due to runners it needs a lower stam decrease limit or something - with all of this its futile with some of the starting professions otherwise...

..<_/were all screwed while we hide\_>..

bullet casings can be used to buy ammo at traders

drink machine not supposed to work if i remember correctly(no coins anymore anyway)

trader kicking you out is vanilla

old rifle(308) and pistol(9mm) can be reloaded but not repaired

yes, there are a number of missing icons still

yes, you get nails from destroying wood blocks with hammer, just not very many

all beds heal you, not your sleeping bag

from what ive seen the higher level you are, the more runners you will see

again, try not to die as you will suffer wellness and thereby health and stamina loss

you have to be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times or you might as well walk into a horde and let them eat you

bullet casings can be used to buy ammo at traders

trader kicking you out is vanilla

old rifle(308) and pistol(9mm) can be reloaded but not repaired

all beds heal you, not your sleeping bag

Thanks for info on stuff - trader was just a funny, ill stop scraping the beds around me now Lol, old rifle is a 308 - thought it was an Le Enfield (as in OLD rifle) Lol!, and the good news, Im back up to well/stam 30, but runners are a prob for me - cant get anywhere to get anything and char only in the early teens :\ not alot of options for advancement - However! if you could just fix that trader... i could hit other trading players up and trade as they come in? Lol! :)

You're right about the traders, they were working and now they are not. You really should leave your steam I'd so spider can wipe you if you're struggling that bad.

Btw, spider, i know i sent you a message about it already but ill post it here too to remind you. The screwdriver is giving an nre now if you get the screwdriver perk and click on a screwdriver in your inventory or loot. It freezes the game and you have to relog. Has happened to multiple players. Also, are the power skills/perks only meant to help you repair powered items only, because there are no options to craft them. In other words, are they only meant to be found in loot? ie. the battery banks, turrets, lights etc

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

You're right about the traders, they were working and now they are not. You really should leave your steam I'd so spider can wipe you if you're struggling that bad.[/Quote]

Just trying to power through and play it (without exploiting) should be able to get back up n going...? (assuming so or whats the point in being able to go so low in wellness - it is hard core after all : ) but city gutted and all gun safes nailed most meds taken... that's where supply crate would be good!! (stims) - got there to find nothing! died journey back as stam30... + runners, screamers and spawners.... No F*&%n air drop. (back up to 30 again now Lol)

Air drops: may not be working as when I got to it there was no sign of box (box was marked on map) 3 players on and pretty sure i got there first - even asked. (may have fallen through terrain???)

buy the way, I think the lighting dropping the fps is the building with the accommodation and 2 ramps on ground floor up to 2nd (is 2-3 store's tall), other is a courthouse? from the looks of it... seems the elongated fluro looking lights doing it.

Upd8: Seems most of the buildings like the courthouse (POI's) are dropping fps from lighting it seems - even with night googles on?

NRE on opening a duffle bag on top of dresser in poi... Also player lost bag in wall (me) dug, hacked, slashed... blew it up... nothing!! IF some one could find it and return it - it would be MUCH appreciated ; )

Edited by Rickachae (see edit history)

Great mod - I've been testing it for a few days now.

My recommendations would be the following - Tone down the number of runner zeds, I've encountered maybe 40 zeds my first day or so and at least a third of them were running during the daytime. I would also tone down the heat map generation for work being done/torches; because it makes having any kind of 'home' extremely difficult if not impossible for new players and having to constantly run really isn't fun. Other than those two things, I'm really enjoying the difficulty of this mod and all the new content.

when completing a quest, like farmer quest which giving you an item to move to the next quest ( in this case, it's farmer's almanac). if our bag is full at the time the quest is completed, the quest item is gone, rendering us impossible to continue the quest forward.

so currently i'm stuck at the goldenrod quest, which require me to craft the goldenrod seed, but the quest item that supposedly teach me to craft the seed is not being given. any way for me to continue the quest?

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

Update:

-Added more Icons

-Started fixing item descriptions

-Added first part of new Trader System. The Barter System. The Vending Machines at the Traders are now a workstation and you can use it to barter items for other items. Please let me know any suggestions for barter trades that would be good.

-Re adjusted Protein weights.

-Brain Matter, Baby Chickens and Hens can now all be broken down into Protein Servings.

-Like Wheat for some Protein items you will need more than one to make a Protein Serving and like always the Food Prep Table breaks down foods more efficiently.

-Turned down dismemberment on Bone Shiv

-Changed Concrete Sledge to be crafted on the Anvil and can be used to make a Sledge Hammer Head Mold

-Fixed Torches not giving off light and warmth when placed. They need fuel when placed again. Lowered Heat Map effect by half

-Removed some un needed recipes

-Made all POI light Player Powered Lights so they are off but can have power ran to them to turn them on.

-Fixed all "For Dummies" Books, they now give 350xp per use toward their listed skill

-"For Dummies" books can now also be scraped into "Skill Paper". Craft 10 Skill Papers into a Profession Page on the Research Desk

-Fixed Steel Munition Crates to be "Steel" material

-Fixed Stimulant Shots to also give the +1 Wellness on use like the pills

-Increased hunger effect on "Stoned" buff

-Added Methane Bomb Perk to the Trap category

-Added Animal Traps/Pets Perk to Trap category

-Added Iron Spikes Perk that can be upgraded to steel to the Trap Category

-Added Field Knife Perk

-First batch of Xyths new 3d Meshes are in! We have a new plantable Potato Plant, a Fern and Caladium for biome decoration, a new hand mesh for "Old Axe", a new Anvil and a new Propane Tank for the Methane Bombs. More to come!

-And more stuff I cant remember

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

when completing a quest, like farmer quest which giving you an item to move to the next quest ( in this case, it's farmer's almanac). if our bag is full at the time the quest is completed, the quest item is gone, rendering us impossible to continue the quest forward.

Quest items like this should be an item conversion, converting an item already in your inventory to the quest reward, not creating a new one if it all possible. I don't know if that's how the mod works, but that's how it should be to avoid problems like that.

so currently i'm stuck at the goldenrod quest, which require me to craft the goldenrod seed, but the quest item that supposedly teach me to craft the seed is not being given. any way for me to continue the quest?

I'm sorry this mod is designed for experienced 7D2D players. The quest rewarding system is a vanilla game mechanic I would not expect to have to explain to the player. Any quest that rewards an item works that way. Also if your bag is full it drops it on the ground at your feet fyi. I can try and add some text to some quest like that but I try and use the limited text space I have to explain changes to the mod not vanilla features

Quest items like this should be an item conversion, converting an item already in your inventory to the quest reward, not creating a new one if it all possible. I don't know if that's how the mod works, but that's how it should be to avoid problems like that.

The method I am using is the only way I know to reward a skill point to specific Perk without leaving any available exploits(besides duping of course). If anyone knows of another way I'd be excited to hear it.

P.S.

All requested player resets are done also

yep, i know this is my bad. pure carelessness. after finished planting, i quickly run to my underground base since night is approaching. after already down there and gonna sort my items in the bag is when i just noticed that my bag full (although my belt still have empty slot). not sure why the quest items didn't goes to my belt empty slot instead. so pretty sure if the quest item did drop on my feet up there, it should be already gone by now, hahah. that's where i goes stuck with the quest.

anyhow, after this update, i noticed new items in the craft window called for "barterfor......"

is this the solution to regain the lost quest items? what workstation needed to craft it tho?

the torch still not working properly i think, it can be interacted (can choose open or pick it up), if choose open, no response. not opening any window. if choose pick it up, the torch returned into our bag as different item, which is "wall torch".

the "dummiesbook" still gave nothing when used.

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

I know that the mode has agriculture, but would you like to know if it has Husbandry and fishing? It would be very good, because a lot of people like it. And sorry my bad english.

It does not have those yet. It may have things like that in a future version.

anyhow, after this update, i noticed new items in the craft window called for "barterfor......"

is this the solution to regain the lost quest items? what workstation needed to craft it tho?

Another idea could be use the research desk. 100 seeds and a skillbook gives you the needed skill. "Gathering' all those seeds will be difficult to exploit, and allows other players to help if needed.

*If you are going to be a tester please make sure to read any Mod changes*

From the Update post above your post-

"-Added first part of new Trader System. The Barter System. The Vending Machines at the Traders are now a workstation and you can use it to barter items for other items. Please let me know any suggestions for barter trades that would be good."

the "dummiesbook" still gave nothing when used.

I checked these and they all worked properly. If you are having problem getting one to work I need more info than 1 of 50 is not working I need the name of the item you are having problems with to do any real bug fixing.

Another idea could be use the research desk. 100 seeds and a skillbook gives you the needed skill. "Gathering' all those seeds will be difficult to exploit, and allows other players to help if needed.

If it was done that way before the 7th night horde on day 7 nearly everyone playing the Mod would be at max skill level. When developing new game play systems you cant make it just for your style of game play. You cant make it for just your teams style of game play. You have to design the game so that EVERYONE'S style of game play is still playable, fun and challenging. While your idea may sound good for your style of game play I assure you there are other players that will have gathered enough of the required resources to level everyone playing on the server in a few hours. Also the Farming quest is designed so you have to do the work and finish it and it will not allow others to do your work for you.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

A few more bugs found:

When I reach the carrot stage in the farming quest there is no recipe to craft carrots into carrot seeds

I found an animal gore block that can be opened. Inside I found 20 wood frames

Parts of an engine scrap into iron. If you scrap the whole engine it scraps to steel.

Update:

And there are a lot of For Dummies Books found in pill cases. Went through a PopnPills and collected about 40 of them

Edited by naxter60 (see edit history)