True Survival

Spider

@caatalyst-

You bet the Test Server will stay up because I am tryn not to play the mod too much in development because I haven't had a good long game of 7d2d since A14 probably and TS A16 is looking so sweet I'm definitely going to want to settle into a play through and build a base with all the new powered stuff.

The crafting lag when using the text search is a vanilla problem. When they changed it so the player could search for any recipe on any crafting window they never updated their code that parses the recipe list, mostly because this doesn't effect the vanilla game much as they seem to want to limit the recipe and item count in game(the droolers get confused easily). But when you play any 7d2d mod that has added any descent amount or recipes you will have this. Now TS and TS only has for the most part eliminated all other crafting inventory lag. Hop on any other heavy recipe mod and try and even open your inventory when running and you will freeze for a good few seconds and most likely die. Before Jeo left us he showed us how to do this and Xyth has figured it out and now maintains some of Jeo's .dll tweaks for eliminating most of the refreshes the vanilla game does for a bunch of actions in the crafting screen like smelting, moving a item in inventory or clicking on recipes. Where vanilla parses the entire recipe file every time one of those actions happens TS does not.

I never turn down free mod help! Yes we would love a "Sound Guy". I'm not much for telling others what to do, this isn't a paid job after all, so just let me know what you can/want to do and we can go from there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Mod help!

I'm putting a call out for POI modders, well mostly editors at this point. What I need to do is edit nearly all the current POI's in the Mod by adding a ton of sleeper spawn points. I have a idea to try and make the Sleeper Spawning better. Besides the problem of not being able to pull zombies out of a poi to kill them(nothing I can do about this one) the other main Sleeper problem I see is the constant zombies spawning in the same room you just cleared. Sometimes after you kill one sleeper another will spawn right in front of you right in the same spot. I'm thinking the problem is for example you will have 20 sleeper zombies supposed to spawn in a poi but only 8 sleeper spawn points. So after one moves from the spawn point or you kill it another will spawn in the same spawn point until it spawns the whole amount of 20 Sleepers. So what I want to try is adding a bunch more sleeper spawn points so that all the sleeper zombies that are supposed to spawn in the POI can spawn all at once at the start. So a player could judge somewhat by looking through a window or door how many zombies where inside, of course some are hidden out of sight but you get my point. So if anyone knows how to use the POI editors and is interested in helping let us know.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Not sure if this is a feature or bug but I'll describe what happened.

A mini horde of zeds came to check out the commotion at my home base; I was able to lead most of them away safely, however a few had remained, stuck on the outside of my base. When I came back to finish those stragglers off I noticed one of them was one of the big, fat spiting kind. I approached from the backside of my base and realized I was getting pelted by this spit. Not only was I getting destroyed by his spitting but a great deal of the stuff inside of my base was being decimated as well - including my cabinets and refrigerator where I stored most of my food stuff :( Problem with this is, there was clearly several walls between him and me/my stuff including a huge 'shipping container'.

TLDR Big fat spittter guy can spit through walls, several at a time and still kill players/stuff. Not sure if it's a bug or feature.

Not sure if this is a feature or bug but I'll describe what happened.

A mini horde of zeds came to check out the commotion at my home base; I was able to lead most of them away safely, however a few had remained, stuck on the outside of my base. When I came back to finish those stragglers off I noticed one of them was one of the big, fat spiting kind. I approached from the backside of my base and realized I was getting pelted by this spit. Not only was I getting destroyed by his spitting but a great deal of the stuff inside of my base was being decimated as well - including my cabinets and refrigerator where I stored most of my food stuff :( Problem with this is, there was clearly several walls between him and me/my stuff including a huge 'shipping container'.

TLDR Big fat spittter guy can spit through walls, several at a time and still kill players/stuff. Not sure if it's a bug or feature.

Yes he can, and no you dont want him anywhere near your base.

Welder tool seems to be able to dismantle anything. Even so, it seems to degrade blocks one point at a time but very quickly like a machine gun. It still takes time to get through one steel block.

POtential exploit with food. You can cook good food and eat until you are full. But if your thirst is low and the food has a hydration value, you can place food in your tool belt and activate it from there. You will keep eating food until your are no longer thirsty... but get all the wellness perks while doing so.

I'm guessing here, but it might be because the fatty's projectile code of <property name="CollisionRadius" value="0.5" /> is only 1 block, so if it hits between 2 blocks it might act as if it passed between the 2 virtual 1/2 blocks. Setting it to <property name="CollisionRadius" value="1.0" /> might make your walls a defense again, but I have not tried it (Too bizzy at the moment)

EAC needs to be off on this modded server. Im guessing you are not hitting the TS server, but rather trying to connect to a different server if you see that message.

To join the Test Server-

Download and install the 7d2dModLauncher from here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7-Days-to-Die

After installing and updating the Mod Launcher copy the page address below then paste it in that field-

Code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SpiderJZMOD/7D2DModLauncher-File/master/7d2dLauncher.xml

Press Enter.

Uncheck EAC and install (might take a long time the first time)

In the Mod description in the Launcher you will find the current Server Password. Click on "show more information" to see the current sever password. The Server Password will change whenever the clients need refreshing.

After starting game the ip and port will be automatically populated.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

EAC needs to be off on this modded server. Im guessing you are not hitting the TS server, but rather trying to connect to a different server if you see that message.

To join the Test Server-

Download and install the 7d2dModLauncher from here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7-Days-to-Die

After installing and updating the Mod Launcher copy the page address below then paste it in that field-

Code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SpiderJZMOD/7D2DModLauncher-File/master/7d2dLauncher.xml

Press Enter.

Uncheck EAC and install (might take a long time the first time)

In the Mod description in the Launcher you will find the current Server Password. Click on "show more information" to see the current sever password. The Server Password will change whenever the clients need refreshing.

After starting game the ip and port will be automatically populated.

User error. I forgot I'd messed with the original directory so the launcher was copying a goofed folder.

what a bad day to join though?! 4hrs before a night 7 on day 161. Joy hahaa

Thanks for the quickreply.

Could you please reset my user id. Thought I could simply create a new character but get death on spawn.

Fresh start tomorrow. My id is 76561197965332313

Reset

- - - Updated - - -

Can I get a reset too please? ID 76561198091169224

Reset

- - - Updated - - -

Is here a ETA of when it might be released for servers. Sry if it has been posted before, I did not see it.

No ETA yet. At least 1 more server wipe for testing. Still lots of bugs being found by testers.

Ty no hurries I understand wanting to not rush something out with bugs, just excited to get back to the mod and looking forward to the new stuff added. The whole thing of once dead is dead I look forward to, puts a new twist to the game to be more realistic and not just rush in to things.

Edited by MadDogBrian (see edit history)

The server is pretty barren loot wise for new testers...

I got an idea for the new players. Find a big base and find the owner, tell them that you can set up an outpost on the opposite side of the map if they pack you with a minibike, armor, weapons, and material for a small 9x9 outpost base. Party up with them and they can have a loot resource outpost to go to if they are looking for something you can only get looting.

You have to play differently on a server than single player but it can help with testing and finding more bugs this way.

I got an idea for the new players. Find a big base and find the owner, tell them that you can set up an outpost on the opposite side of the map if they pack you with a minibike, armor, weapons, and material for a small 9x9 outpost base. Party up with them and they can have a loot resource outpost to go to if they are looking for something you can only get looting.

You have to play differently on a server than single player but it can help with testing and finding more bugs this way.

I'm ready to help newcomers, you can find me in the game almost always. I do not promise that I will give many ladies, but at least you will have something. You can also settle in our settlement. We are also developing rural culture, we will not be against help. Write in the game, the nickname is the same as on the forum, with respect Aki.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Anti Venom does not work against the spider bait stages. Aloe cream and hebral cream do not work against the stages of lure wands.

Edited by Akihiro (see edit history)

yes correct. i mean in addition to that, add also that food can be spoiled as well if not put in refrigerator, like starvation mod. so making fridge or staying in a prefab with a fridge inside feels more worth it. Storing meat/juice in a wooden box for month without it get spoiled kinda feels weird isn't it.

yes correct. i mean in addition to that, add also that food can be spoiled as well if not put in refrigerator, like starvation mod. so making fridge or staying in a prefab with a fridge inside feels more worth it. Storing meat/juice in a wooden box for month without it get spoiled kinda feels weird isn't it.

Wellll...... theres always starvation for a15.2. No, seriously, there are other things on the plate right now, some bugfixing and exploits spider has to attend to. I think he has some other features coming. Maybe tfp will implement something like this in the future, and i hear the starvation team are back in full swing. That was one of their big features food spoilage. Who knows, xyth is tinkering with all kinds of stuff, perhaps he will come up with something too. Wouldnt hold my breath right now. Besides, isnt the mod brutal enough:hororr:

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)